Mar 25 - New York, California, & Washington responsible for over 60% of Coronavirus Deaths

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+96  169
198 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '10        #1
1116 page views
71 comments

Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 25223 25 K  Slaps total: 4645 4 K
Mar 25 - New York, California, & Washington responsible for over 60% of Coronavirus deaths

I find it amazing how awful these numbers are skewed by outliers and poor statistical analysis.

New York on its own has 48% of the cases in the Entire country and 36% of the deaths.

If you separate NY from the USA, The ranking of the most cases in the world would be

1. China- 81,218
2. Italy- 69,176
3. Spain- 42,058
4. Germany- 33,927
5. US (without New York)- 28,593
6. New York- 26,348
7. Iran- 24,811
8. France- 22k
9. Switzerland- 10k
10. South Korea -9k

Maybe it makes sense because New York is an international city but making broad decisions based on what’s happening in NY is probably not the best way to look at things. Outside of a few states, the coronavirus is not affecting our country the way it’s being portrayed.

People are running to the hospital the minute they have a runny nose and eating up time and resources. The hysteria is causing more damage than the virus.

Also it’s interesting that New York has been the most aggressive in terms of quarantines and lockdowns, yet they have the most cases and deaths despite being the 3rd most populated state.

It’s clear that Americans and the government are starting to realize that we can‘t stay inside forever and the hysteria is starting to go away. I have a feeling that within the next two weeks the news cycle will start to sway back towards getting back to normal and you’ll see state leadership start to ease back on some of the restrictions.

Progress image

best
worst
71 comments

2 weeks ago '06        #2
philly337 
space
space
Props total: 28474 28 K  Slaps total: 7035 7 K
I find it awful you dont understand cali/new York have larger population so it's going to spread quicker there. Like in the other thread you were talking new york...as a nation were at 1.4% but outside of new York its actual at 1.8%...so by new york being the bulk its bringing the number down not up.

Other states are just getting going...it doubles every 3-4 days once you hit 1k is where you start increasing pretty rapidly. I'm in md... we just hit 100 a few days ago. Were now at 300+ and will be at 1k within a week (possibly 3-4 days). Once smaller town start getting a lot of people overrunning the hospitals we'll see how well we can handle it (hopefully as good as new york)
+10   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '10        #3
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
 philly337 said
I find it awful you dont understand cali/new York have larger population so it's going to spread quicker there. Like in the other thread you were talking new york...as a nation were at 1.4% but outside of new York its actual at 1.8%...so by new york being the bulk its bringing the number down not up.

Other states are just getting going...it doubles every 3-4 days once you hit 1k is where you start increasing pretty rapidly. I'm in md... we just hit 100 a few days ago. Were now at 300+ and will be at 1k within a week (possibly 3-4 days). Once smaller town start getting a lot of people overrunning the hospitals we'll see how well we can handle it (hopefully as good as new york)
Actually California has almost 24k less cases than NY and is more populated.

But that’s my point, NY is such an outlier it’s hard to look at the totals and statistics without deep diving into the numbers. NY mortality rate is really low but the media focuses on the totals. The rest of the country is really low, but the mortality rate is higher because of the lower numbers.

When you really look into it, this is hysteria not an epidemic.

2 weeks ago '06        #4
philly337 
space
space
 Nautilus O said

But that’s my point, NY is such an outlier it’s hard to look at the totals and statistics without deep diving into the numbers. NY mortality rate is really low but the media focuses on the totals. The rest of the country is really low, but the mortality rate is higher because of the lower numbers.

Ok
+4   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '10        #5
space
space
 philly337 said
Ok
Facts over feelings

2 weeks ago '06        #6
philly337 
space
space
 Nautilus O said
Facts over feelings
You don't even understand why New York has more cases than California...I justvwasnt responding when I already did in another thread where you're saying similar sh*t....

philly337 said
You're all over the place bruh...

1. They're not all over the place and have been steady between 1.2%-1.5%.

2. You cant just look at New York being the bulk when it fits your argument but not when it goes against. The rest of the nation is actually higher at 1.8% so new York is actually bringing that number down not up. So 2 things...you're right but just like you cant count new York as the whole country you cant count the us as the whole world. The whole world is still at 4.5%. Number 2 as I've said in a previous post well know more when this outbreaks in every other state on a large scale. New York has done a good job but it's new york....were they more prepared? What happens when small town hospitals start getting overrun? We dont know yet.

Just getting tired of people downplaying this...its serious and would be 10 times worse without countries quarantining...this sh*t isnt the flu...not close. Yesterday covid passed the flu on how many deaths per day people die from the flu in the us. It's only just started, will continue to increase without lockdown and this is all from basicslly a month

philly337 said
Man ur misinformed...I've done beat everything you said to death and getting tired of saying the same sh*t over and over and over and you guys still not getting it. Alllll deaths when it comes to virus ect...the bulk come from 65+ it doesnt change anything. Not o ly that your "illnesses" are minor things for the most part that usually arent life threatening when they get the flu (hbp 25% of the nation has and over 50% of the nation over 50 has, diabetes that 10% of population has, asthma that 10% of the nation has and heart disease which 50% of the nation has when you count any form of heart disease). These arent death sentences for people in any other circumstance but with covid it's ok?

And even though 1.4% is much lower than the rest of the world it is still crazy high and about 14 times higher than the flu which is the #7 top top causes for death in America (and this infects much more people much faster).

Lastly yes you do need to shut businesses down..you justbdont understandm thebreason Italy has such a high death rate isnt just because they're old or unhealthy it's because hospitals were flooded and they didnt have enough ventilators...so they have a choice...save the thirty year old (because they recover quicker) or one 68 year old? They make the decision and then the 69 year old dies. Not because they were old and unhealthy but because they couldnt get the proper care. If we dont shutdown this continues to to double every 3 days in America, hospitals get overloaded and that death rate goes up...without lockdown...

March 24 - 55k
March 27 - 110k
March 30 - 220k
April - 2 - 440k
April 5 - 880k
April 8 - 1.6m
April 11 - 3.2m
April 14 - 6.4m
April 17 - 12.8m
April 20 - 25.6m
April 23 - 51.2m

Hospitals get flooded and cant care for them. Luckily a lot if ventilator being sent from other companies and we wont come close to those numbers as long as we shutdown bus. If we go about every life like you suggest itd be disastrous. Its not even up for debate...any infectious expert will tell you (and have already said it)
+4   

2 weeks ago '19        #7
Stand Down  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
space
Props total: 12106 12 K  Slaps total: 18791 18 K
 philly337 said
You don't even understand why New York has more cases than California...I justvwasnt responding when I already did in another thread where you're saying similar sh*t....
Are we in agreement that there’s a protocol 2 qualify 2 even be tested?

And that it’s an asymptomatic virus as well?

Plus some carriers just ain’t never took the test and will new carriers never will as well?

But all those who end up hospitalized have?

Influenza > Wuhan virus

Also another one of ur fear mongerin buddies post this :
visit this link One coronavirus patient could infect up to 59,000 others because it is almost THREE TIMES more infectious than flu, expert reveals

Last edited by Stand Down; 03-25-2020 at 05:15 AM..

2 weeks ago '06        #8
philly337 
space
space
 Stand Down said
Are we in agreement that there’s a protocol 2 qualify 2 even be tested?

And that it’s an asymptomatic virus as well?

Plus some carriers just ain’t never took the test and will never?

But all those who end up hospitalized have?

Influenza > Wuhan virus

Also another one of ur fear mongerin buddies post this :
visit this link One coronavirus patient could infect up to 59,000 others because it is almost THREE TIMES more infectious than flu, expert reveals

This dumb fu*k still coming in threads....I got that bump on deck for next week
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #9
space
space
space
 philly337 said
This dumb fu*k still coming in threads....I got that bump on deck for next week
That’s a yes we are in agreement there’s hundreds of thousands of people (millions) that just never got test and never will?

death rate will always b SIGNIFICANTLY lower than whatever numbers u use

2day is day one. Tick tock doc tick toc

Last edited by Stand Down; 03-25-2020 at 05:23 AM..

2 weeks ago '06        #10
philly337 
space
space
 Stand Down said
That’s a yes we are in agreement there’s hundreds of thousands of people (millions) that just never got test and never will?

death rate will always SIGNIFICANTLY lower than whatever numbers u use

2day is day one. Tick tock doc tick toc

We have no ideas how many, is all speculation and toy can say that about anything including the flu. Not every person goes to the dr when they dont feel good. I've went maybe twice out of the last 10 times I was sick

Let the countdown begin...

But you're probably right and doctors. Infectious disease experts and guys like bill gates who predicted this accurately are wrong

It's a conspiracy
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #11
space
space
space
 philly337 said
We have no ideas how many, is all speculation and toy can say that about anything including the flu. Not every person goes to the dr when they dont feel good. I've went maybe twice out of the last 10 times I was sick

Let the countdown begin...

But you're probably right and doctors. Infectious disease experts and guys like bill gates who predicted this accurately are wrong

It's a conspiracy
Let’s just use half of the confirmed cases total.

Got one expert sayin up to 59k per infection (tested or not) so .5 per official case shouldn’t be an issue for “speculation”

54968/2= 27484

54968+27484= 82452

deaths = 784

784/82452= .95%

Last edited by Stand Down; 03-25-2020 at 05:48 AM..

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '10        #12
space
space
 philly337 said
The areas that you highlighted (hbp, asthma, diabetes, heart disease) are the brunt of these deaths, but any virus that cause respiratory issues would have the same effect on that population. Elderly people die, people in poor health die.

We’re looking at a death toll that’s composed of mostly elderly patients who are already in poor health.* Those people die daily, from pneumonia and other respiratory issues.* Those are the people who need to be quarantined.* We are hearing from prominent people who are saying “hey I feel fine but I tested positive” or “I was sick for two days really bad and now I’m good”.* It’s a mild illness.* For someone who has a compromised immune system ANY illness is dangerous.* We are making economic decisions based on .0003% of the population.* That makes no sense. *

Influenza “remains a dangerous virus every single year,” Weisenberg added. Groups at high risk for flu-related complications include adults aged 65 and over; pregnant women; young kids and children with neurological conditions; people living with conditions like diabetes, asthma, cancer, HIV/AIDS, and heart disease; and people who have had a stroke.

Beginning in October of 2019 the CDC estimated 38 million flu illnesses, 390,000 hospitalizations and 23,000 deaths from flu up until March 14th, 2020. 149 of those were children.

So that means in 6 months the same flu we have a vaccine for, that we don't quarantine for, and does not have a daily tracker on the news k*lled 23,000 people in the US alone. If we start the date of "Coronavirus season" to be Feb 1 (about two weeks after the first identifiable patient in the US was discovered), 22,000 more people need to die by the end July from coronavirus to have the same impact. That means starting in April, 5,000 people have to die every month in order to reach that total.

You’re actually trying to negate all of the points that make Coronavirus less serious to make it seem more serious. *

For example, your a*suming that cases are exponentially growing and that means it’s getting “worse”.* An easy counterpoint to your argument is that cases aren’t “growing” we’re identifying more positive tests which means the No symptom to mild symptom cases are being identified and the deaths are coming from the most severe cases.

Coronavirus has been here, because it is such a mild illness, many people have had it and gotten over it and were never tested. They then pass it on to others who do the same thing. It doesn't mean that it's "growing", its just being identified. The numbers we need to make that argument are the number of negative tests, What's happening is that because we are being hammered with sensationalism of this virus, people are being way more mindful of symptoms and now going to get tested, where they were not before.

So if we continue to test more people the number of positive cases will rise, as time goes on, more people will die because that’s what people do.* People die all the time.* I'm not sure what people are expecting to happen. Do they think people will stop dying or that people will stop catching coronavirus? At some point we have to accept the fact that there is a mild virus out there that has the potential to k*ll tens of thousands of Americans. We've done it with the seasonal flu, we just have to adjust to doing it now.

I’m pointing out the outlier of NY to show how you can manipulate the numbers to reflect it however you want. * If you want to argue Coronavirus is a major problem, you point to New York and say "they had 114 deaths yesterday". At the same time I can point to NY and say the mortality rate is 1% and probably even lower with more available testing. In actuality if you think about the fact that on average 130 people die every day in New York City alone, what is the actual impact of 114 deaths in an entire state?

The fixation is the issue, not necessarily the spread of a mild virus.

2 weeks ago '17        #13
Rich130 
space
space
Props total: 14778 14 K  Slaps total: 1495 1 K
 Nautilus O said

California May be more populated but NYC has more masses of people commuting to work into the city coming in from NJ, the outer boroughs, Long Island, Connecticut, Westchester and upstate NY everyday and most of them come into the city packed on mass transit trains and buses. That’s a major reason it’s spreading so fast.

Last edited by Rich130; 03-25-2020 at 07:26 PM..
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '10        #14
space
space
 Rich130 said
California May be more populated but NYC has more masses of people commuting to work into the city coming in from NJ, the outer boroughs, Connecticut, Westchester, upstate everyday most packed on mass transit trains and buses. That’s a major reason it’s spreading so fast.
That's a valid argument, and the numbers there are not reflective of the rest of the country because of situational information like that.

That's my point of why it's such an outlier, people are using NY as the example of what's to come the same way they did with Italy. NYC has a PDF they put out daily, the information on there is very detailed. When you look at these numbers it provides a great case study of worst case scenario of Coronavirus.

We are not even remotely close to the dire situation in Italy. The have 65k cases, we have 55k, but they have 6,000 more deaths. With a deeper dive, NY isn't indicative of what's to come for the rest of the country.

Last edited by Nautilus O; 03-25-2020 at 08:19 AM..

2 weeks ago '04        #15
skillahmang 
space
space
Props total: 31590 31 K  Slaps total: 7354 7 K
But but but Florida
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #16
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 48943 48 K  Slaps total: 11111 11 K
 Nautilus O said

I find it amazing how awful these numbers are skewed by outliers and poor statistical analysis.

New York on its own has 48% of the cases in the Entire country and 36% of the deaths.

If you separate NY from the USA, The ranking of the most cases in the world would be

1. China- 81,218
2. Italy- 69,176
3. Spain- 42,058
4. Germany- 33,927
5. US (without New York)- 28,593
6. New York- 26,348
7. Iran- 24,811
8. France- 22k
9. Switzerland- 10k
10. South Korea -9k

Maybe it makes sense because New York is an international city but making broad decisions based on what’s happening in NY is probably not the best way to look at things. Outside of a few states, the coronavirus is not affecting our country the way it’s being portrayed.

People are running to the hospital the minute they have a runny nose and eating up time and resources. The hysteria is causing more damage than the virus.

Also it’s interesting that New York has been the most aggressive in terms of quarantines and lockdowns, yet they have the most cases and deaths despite being the 3rd most populated state.

It’s clear that Americans and the government are starting to realize that we can‘t stay inside forever and the hysteria is starting to go away. I have a feeling that within the next two weeks the news cycle will start to sway back towards getting back to normal and you’ll see state leadership start to ease back on some of the restrictions.

Progress
You mean New York where Wall St is? You mean California that has the 5th biggest economy in the world? What would the U.S.'s economy look like without New York and California?
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #17
space
space
space
 skillahmang said
But but but Florida
Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana about to be the next hotspots. Watch those numbers going into next week.

2 weeks ago '04        #18
skillahmang 
space
space
 Ymmot said
Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana about to be the next hotspots. Watch those numbers going into next week.
Ok my guy. You know this for a Fact cus of the research youve done or you saw it on TV?

Do you ever think for yourself real talk.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #19
space
space
space
 skillahmang said
Ok my guy. You know this for a Fact cus of the research youve done or you saw it on TV?

Do you ever think for yourself real talk.
I haven't seen anyone say it on tv. I'm looking at the cases breaking out. I won't quote you again though, I guess you are kind of an idiot. Sound like a trump supporter always trying to blame everything on the tv because you really have nothing to say. Thought you were smarter than that.
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '10        #20
space
space
 Ymmot said
You mean New York where Wall St is? You mean California that has the 5th biggest economy in the world? What would the U.S.'s economy look like without New York and California?
what are you talking about?

I’m saying that the impact of coronavirus in those places is making it seem like a national epidemic.

Do you know that only 192 people have died in NYC from coronavirus and 158 of them had underlying medical conditions.

This is overblown.

2 weeks ago '04        #21
skillahmang 
space
space
 Ymmot said
I haven't seen anyone say it on tv. I'm looking at the cases breaking out. I won't quote you again though, I guess you are kind of an idiot. Sound like a trump supporter always trying to blame everything on the tv because you really have nothing to say. Thought you were smarter than that.
Can you lead me to your reports? Thank you.

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '10        #22
space
space
 Ymmot said
What do you mean by hotspots??

New York State has 26,000 cases, California has 2,000.

What’s a hotspot?

2 weeks ago '04        #23
Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
space
space
Props total: 56518 56 K  Slaps total: 14022 14 K
These poor cities and states have been dealing with Wave 1 for 2+ weeks now and they haven't even hit near the apex.

Thats intimidating to second tier states/cities who are where NYC, Washington and CA were 3 weeks ago.

Stay inside and stay safe if you're in

Florida
Maryland
Massachusetts
Jersey
Georgia
Illinois
Texas
Lousiana

Densely populated cities in those states are next according to experts, trends and basic elementary understanding of geography and how spread works

Godspeed

2 weeks ago '17        #24
QdobaCasanova 
space
space
Props total: 37229 37 K  Slaps total: 8464 8 K
Op you do realize the reason they’re telling people to practice social distancing is because if everyone went to the doctor for their ailments, our healthcare system would collapse — not to “eliminate” the virus.

If you read the CDC recommendations, they tell people to only go to the hospital if they feel like they exhibit all the symptoms and feel like theyre about to fu*king die.

And it’s but so much the hospital can do because we still lack a vaccine for covid-19.

Instead of making the conversation on how inept our healthcare system is, you opt to be the voice of dissent on a virus that has taken lives and has been handled with delicateness of stone cold with sable.

You’re an absolute retard.

Last edited by QdobaCasanova; 03-25-2020 at 11:49 AM..
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #25
Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
space
space
Props total: 56518 56 K  Slaps total: 14022 14 K
 Ymmot said
Good advice. For anyone interested in getting ahead and learning about where this is going next I suggest this CNN article covering the "hotspots" and where the virus is spreading to now and in coming weeks

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+21online now  35
Apr 5 - R.I.P. - Pronstar Imani Reignx Killed In Motorcycle Accident
206 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  31
Image(s) inside Quarantine Sneaker Cops
65 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside Dr. Ayasurai(email inventor) exposes everything the deep state tryin to..
126 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
Apr 5 - NBC News: Hillary Clinton ‘Covered Up’ Pedophile Ring At State Departm..
79 comments
24 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy