U.S. Box Office Records Zero Revenue For First Time In History

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+31  135
78 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 week ago '06        #1
1847 page views
31 comments

SM  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
space
space
Props total: 146946 146 K  Slaps total: 29187 29 K
U.S. Box Office Records Zero Revenue For First Time In History

+12   

best
worst
31 comments

1 week ago '17        #2
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 95284 95 K  Slaps total: 39787 39 K
How many bought the movies
+4   

1 week ago '19        #3
Number5 
space
space
Props total: 3437 3 K  Slaps total: 1469 1 K
I hope I'm wrong, but the movie industry bout to end up dead like music industry. People just gonna watch the free sh*t or the sh*t that comes on monthly streaming services.
+12   

1 week ago '06        #4
SM  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9 OP
space
space
 Number5 said
I hope I'm wrong, but the movie industry bout to end up dead like music industry. People just gonna watch the free sh*t or the sh*t that comes on monthly streaming services.
Highly doubt that
+24   

1 week ago '20        #5
YoungLito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 6673 6 K  Slaps total: 813 813
Netflix won

+31   

1 week ago '04        #6
justinjones 
space
space
Props total: 20569 20 K  Slaps total: 1273 1 K
 Number5 said
i doubt it. Once folks can go outside and you have a new marvel movies people will be flocking again.

There’s a reason they are pushing back the blockbuster ones
+19   

1 week ago '09        #7
WezLFaCe_KiD 
space
space
Props total: 1829 1 K  Slaps total: 1239 1 K
I love going to movies
+22   

1 week ago '06        #8
SM  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9 OP
space
space
 justinjones said
i doubt it. Once folks can go outside and you have a new marvel movies people will be flocking again.

There’s a reason they are pushing back the blockbuster ones
Right cause Marvel movies are all that draws people to theaters

1 week ago '17        #9
YeahSo 
space
space
space
Props total: 507 507  Slaps total: 56 56
 Number5 said
a*suming movie theaters (eventually) come back, no way. Seeing a movie in theaters is much different than at home, on the couch—and, to the public, that experience is still going to be worth paying for.

But even if, hypothetically, theaters were to go away, studios would still sell rentals of new movies for like $8-10 a pop (as they do now, PPV), which is the virtually the same anyway. They wouldn’t go straight to Netflix first, unless it was an older movie.

Buying a CD or a digital version of an album is no different from streaming, so of course the music industry has been hit differently. The only difference in music quality comes from vinyl or live shows, and since 1 vinyl record costs 2-3 months of streams, there’s really not competition.
+3   

1 week ago '04        #10
Wizzarino 
space
space
Props total: 7359 7 K  Slaps total: 600 600
 Number5 said
All the studios are gonna follow Universal's lead and make box office premieres available for 2 day rental at 19.99...

Easiest way to make a k*lling honestly...

+6   

1 week ago '19        #11
Learn1st  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 4485 4 K  Slaps total: 1994 1 K
Regardless, they are still eating great.
+2   

1 week ago '17        #12
crwnmekng4 
space
space
space
Props total: 758 758  Slaps total: 65 65
I hope this forces them to go digital. Keep the movie theaters available as an option. Lower the price of tickets but boost the online rental price to $19.99 same day it comes out. This will likely even out the losses. They could even do the first week in theaters only to get those first week numbers in for people who really wanna see it and then release it on digital a week or two after theatre release. These studios have to realize that people are moving into streaming just like music did. I know that there are some people that probably still do it but imagine going to best buy to buy a new music cd nowadays. Just sounds crazy now that we have every album in the palm of our hand for $10 a month.
+5   

1 week ago '19        #13
Cowboy 
space
space
space
Props total: 1365 1 K  Slaps total: 129 129
 YoungLito said
Netflix won

Seriously.

I cancelled that sh*t a few months back and they just kept billing me and kept that sh*t on...

“n*gga you can’t quit us! You gonna need us!”
+8   

1 week ago '17        #14
SVI 
space
space
space
Props total: 1181 1 K  Slaps total: 311 311
I know I watched that Vin Diesel movie last night. Shyt was super garbage.

1 week ago '13        #15
jaytxxl 
space
space
space
Props total: 3175 3 K  Slaps total: 109 109
 crwnmekng4 said
I hope this forces them to go digital. Keep the movie theaters available as an option. Lower the price of tickets but boost the online rental price to $19.99 same day it comes out. This will likely even out the losses. They could even do the first week in theaters only to get those first week numbers in for people who really wanna see it and then release it on digital a week or two after theatre release. These studios have to realize that people are moving into streaming just like music did. I know that there are some people that probably still do it but imagine going to best buy to buy a new music cd nowadays. Just sounds crazy now that we have every album in the palm of our hand for $10 a month.
Damn then mfas really gon be introverts like a mfa.. Ain’t gon leave the house for sh*t..

Last edited by jaytxxl; 03-25-2020 at 08:04 AM..
+4   

1 week ago '15        #16
He Hate Me 
space
space
Props total: 21989 21 K  Slaps total: 2196 2 K
 SM said
Right cause Marvel movies are all that draws people to theaters
The movies are still a high profit.

Ppl still enjoy going to the theater.the movie industry would be stupid to get rid of them.

Ppl still like getting out of the house.
+7   

1 week ago '07        #17
killacar 
space
space
Props total: 11714 11 K  Slaps total: 795 795
 Wizzarino said
All the studios are gonna follow Universal's lead and make box office premieres available for 2 day rental at 19.99...

Easiest way to make a k*lling honestly...

sh*t.....they better lower that price
+2   

1 week ago '07        #18
TH35 
space
space
Props total: 25447 25 K  Slaps total: 2967 2 K
 killacar said
That's not a bad price considering they were going to do this before and priced the movies at 40.00.

1 week ago '04        #19
Wizzarino 
space
space
 killacar said
That's not a bad price considering it costs $12-20 a head to go to the movies right now... And if you enjoyed the movie or wanna show somebody how good it is, you have 48 hrs to do so...

You can literally have movie parties for premieres and only have to pay $20 and 6-7 people get to watch the movie...

Sports bars can do the same thing, the possibilities are endless...

This is definitely the direction this industry is moving in... And the beauty of it is the theaters are still an option, everybody wins...

1 week ago '17        #20
Zazi3 The Beast  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 14169 14 K  Slaps total: 4026 4 K
Thank you based COVID-19 from spending $15. . .Online streaming here I come

+2   

1 week ago '04        #21
justinjones 
space
space
Props total: 20569 20 K  Slaps total: 1273 1 K
 He Hate Me said
The movies are still a high profit.

Ppl still enjoy going to the theater.the movie industry would be stupid to get rid of them.

Ppl still like getting out of the house.
there was a surge of drive-ins when this started so people still like the movie going experience. What’s going to make a k*lling would be kid related family movies because instead of paying a buck to see trolls 2 with your 3-4 kids you’re only paying 20. They should also do it with movies that they don’t have a ton of faith in so instead of selling it to Netflix just charge the $20 or even 15 depending on what it is.

Some things you’re just not going to get the same experience at home. Like a film-coholic is still going to want to see tenant in theaters. Comic book movie fans are still going to want to see it in theaters. People would rather see a big blockbuster movie in theaters than at home. Gravity was great to watch at the movies but whatever at the house
+2   

1 week ago '11        #22
rbarber1234 
space
space
Props total: 6665 6 K  Slaps total: 990 990
sh*t I love going to the movies. They better not die. fu*k watching sh*t in my house.
+1   

1 week ago '07        #23
killacar 
space
space
 TH35 said
That's not a bad price considering they were going to do this before and priced the movies at 40.00.
 Wizzarino said
That's not a bad price considering it costs $12-20 a head to go to the movies right now... And if you enjoyed the movie or wanna show somebody how good it is, you have 48 hrs to do so...

You can literally have movie parties for premieres and only have to pay $20 and 6-7 people get to watch the movie...

Sports bars can do the same thing, the possibilities are endless...

This is definitely the direction this industry is moving in... And the beauty of it is the theaters are still an option, everybody wins...

Yea, if u doing that it's not bad, but most arent. I already see a lot people not willing to pay that to watch a movie to sit at home. With the coronavirus "lockdown" sh*t going on it's not a smart price point and most people shouldnt be doing what u saying. Maybe when this sh*t is over with the price wont be as bad.

But sh*t if im watching at home im just gon stream it anyways
+2   

1 week ago '04        #24
Wizzarino 
space
space
 killacar said
Yea, if u doing that it's not bad, but most arent. I already see a lot people not willing to pay that to watch a movie to sit at home. With the coronavirus "lockdown" sh*t going on it's not a smart price point and most people shouldnt be doing what u saying. Maybe when this sh*t is over with the price wont be as bad.

But sh*t if im watching at home im just gon stream it anyways
As long as it's not HDCam...

1 week ago '07        #25
killacar 
space
space
 Wizzarino said
As long as it's not HDCam...

sh*t aint gon be HDCam with them releasing it to rent
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT