Mar 24 - coronavirus....could bury the postal service as early as june

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '15        #26
Tripsev 
space
space
space
Props total: 1230 1 K  Slaps total: 533 533
 messy marv stan said

Regular mail service could be shut down as early as June, two U.S. representatives are warning, and the effects could be disastrous

Critical supplies, like the post office's billion shipments of prescription drugs last year, could be stuck, mail voting in the upcoming November election could be stymied, and hundreds of thousands of postal employees could be out of work.

"Based on a number of briefings and warnings this week about a critical fall-off in mail across the country, it has become clear that the Postal Service will not survive the summer without immediate help from Congress and the White House," representatives Carolyn Maloney and Gerry Connolly, said in a statement Monday.

"Every community in America relies on the Postal Service to deliver vital goods and services, including life-saving medications. The Postal Service needs America's help, and we must answer this call."

The duo also introduced a bill that would provide $25 billion in emergency funding for the Postal Service, while eliminating the agency's debt and requiring it to prioritize medical deliveries.

The bill would also create temporary delivery points in order to protect workers. It's not clear what these might look like, as the design is left up to the Postal Service, but the language implies something similar to Amazon's delivery lockers that allow people to order deliveries to a secure location other than their home

Post Offices, like hospitals, grocery stores, and other essential businesses, have remained open despite the shuttering of many others as the coronavirus continues to spread. As of Tuesday morning, more than 46,000 cases had been identified in the country, some of those have included postal workers.

Some 13 postal workers had fallen sick by last Thursday,tThe New York Times reported. The head of the Postal Mail Handlers Union told the paper that workers have fallen sick in Miami, New York City, Seattle, Portland and others. It's a small number of the agency's roughly 630,000 employees but underscores the effects the virus has had on a number of industries.

"These negative effects could be even more dire in rural areas, where millions of Americans are sheltering in place and rely on the Postal Service to deliver essential staples," the representatives' statement said
Clicked cuz I thought that mf was Phil Jackson.

2 weeks ago '18        #27
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
space
Props total: 8615 8 K  Slaps total: 7568 7 K
 messy marv stan said

Regular mail service could be shut down as early as June, two U.S. representatives are warning, and the effects could be disastrous

Critical supplies, like the post office's billion shipments of prescription drugs last year, could be stuck, mail voting in the upcoming November election could be stymied, and hundreds of thousands of postal employees could be out of work.

"Based on a number of briefings and warnings this week about a critical fall-off in mail across the country, it has become clear that the Postal Service will not survive the summer without immediate help from Congress and the White House," representatives Carolyn Maloney and Gerry Connolly, said in a statement Monday.

"Every community in America relies on the Postal Service to deliver vital goods and services, including life-saving medications. The Postal Service needs America's help, and we must answer this call."

The duo also introduced a bill that would provide $25 billion in emergency funding for the Postal Service, while eliminating the agency's debt and requiring it to prioritize medical deliveries.

The bill would also create temporary delivery points in order to protect workers. It's not clear what these might look like, as the design is left up to the Postal Service, but the language implies something similar to Amazon's delivery lockers that allow people to order deliveries to a secure location other than their home

Post Offices, like hospitals, grocery stores, and other essential businesses, have remained open despite the shuttering of many others as the coronavirus continues to spread. As of Tuesday morning, more than 46,000 cases had been identified in the country, some of those have included postal workers.

Some 13 postal workers had fallen sick by last Thursday,tThe New York Times reported. The head of the Postal Mail Handlers Union told the paper that workers have fallen sick in Miami, New York City, Seattle, Portland and others. It's a small number of the agency's roughly 630,000 employees but underscores the effects the virus has had on a number of industries.

"These negative effects could be even more dire in rural areas, where millions of Americans are sheltering in place and rely on the Postal Service to deliver essential staples," the representatives' statement said
They need to get on that drone game

2 weeks ago '15        #28
T Town84 
space
space
Props total: 6506 6 K  Slaps total: 283 283
Idk what their talking bout.. Ive worked 50+hrs each of the last 3 weeks. Also my Dps hasnt been extremely light either especially with this census mail..
+7   

2 weeks ago '18        #29
iTrapStill 
space
space
Props total: 2251 2 K  Slaps total: 515 515
 T Town84 said
Idk what their talking bout.. Ive worked 50+hrs each of the last 3 weeks. Also my Dps hasnt been extremely light either especially with this census mail..
My truck be75% capacity, postcons city. sh*t dont seem slow where I’m at I’m Kearny PDC
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #30
ZoeCity100 
space
space
Props total: 641 641  Slaps total: 206 206
 WestPittsburg said
Joke as much as you want but I’ve been checking daily to see if USPS is gonna keep running I need these things flying out !!!! Before you judge I have a real job to and I’m on the “frontline” dealing with the public risking my health
All my vendor n*ggas will be panicking if true smh
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #31
KobeThompson 
space
space
Props total: 14749 14 K  Slaps total: 1561 1 K
 Xiox said
Amazon is about to absorb the usps
this been the plan
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #32
B86 
space
space
space
Props total: 11335 11 K  Slaps total: 2438 2 K
 isthistobe said
Honestly USPS sucks

They deliver wienershnitzle coupons, spam the fu*k out my mailbox with bills, slow a*s ground mail

We need to go paperless anyways and find a better way for package deliveries

UPS> Amazon
You are so confused on every aspect of everything you said...I hope you're trolling
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #33
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 96509 96 K  Slaps total: 6963 6 K
 Obadiah1Verse18 said
Sounds like bullsh*t propaganda to get the USPS privatized. Just last year they were claiming they would 'run out of cash' in 2024, and now due to the coronavirus, FOUR years of cash just went away? I doubt it...plus in 2013 they claimed they would run out of cash in Oct of that year, when it was already Sept.

With Bezos getting wealthier and pretty moblizing his delivery force the way he has fam

Its pretty obvious his goal is to privatize this sh*t and hes got the money to do so. In my opinion its now getting to a point of a matter of when does he decide to strike...an for how much

I always felt like his goal was to k*ll as much retail as possible and once people get so regular with deliveries coming through his company, hes gonna swoop in and try to privatize mail

I don't like the idea of it like you. But I really have felt like this sh*t wa son the horizon for a while now.
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #34
OldBusiness 
space
space
 WestPittsburg said
Joke as much as you want but I’ve been checking daily to see if USPS is gonna keep running I need these things flying out !!!! Before you judge I have a real job to and I’m on the “frontline” dealing with the public risking my health
 deadlift said
How them pounds from the west coast going to make it to the east coast in a speedy fashion???
UPS and Fedex private owned companies, Amazon is too. They don't need a warrant or order in order to tear your sh*t open an search

USPS typically does from what I remember unless its changed since I was at it

At one point I was shippin my cousin clothes with something special in between the folded clothes after shrink wrapping it if you know what I mean
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #35
br82186  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 14318 14 K  Slaps total: 1294 1 K
 Xiox said
Amazon is about to absorb the usps
Thank god my cousin retiring by the end of this summer.
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #36
Tony Franks 
space
space
Props total: 10316 10 K  Slaps total: 1656 1 K
Sorry, we only bail out Walll street and Corporations, cant be helping out companies people actually need.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #37
BLACK FIST 
space
space
Props total: 35062 35 K  Slaps total: 3843 3 K
damn and someone sent me info to apply the other day

2 weeks ago '16        #38
Boogie1790 
space
space
Props total: 28318 28 K  Slaps total: 5008 5 K
 isthistobe said
Honestly USPS sucks

They deliver wienershnitzle coupons, spam the fu*k out my mailbox with bills, slow a*s ground mail

We need to go paperless anyways and find a better way for package deliveries

UPS> Amazon
Did you say spam your mailbox with bills? What dimension do you live in where bills aren't important, im trying to go there lol.

Damn you hear it all on here
+6   

2 weeks ago '17        #39
arms  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9826 9 K  Slaps total: 1290 1 K
 T Town84 said
Most I had recently was 2000 pieces and it was mostly census mail on a condo route. Every other day I'm less than 1000

Here's what we've been instructed to deliver to every address today

+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #40
SnowFleury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 18651 18 K  Slaps total: 4595 4 K
Is nobody else tired of the fear mongering "COULD" headlines?

I feel like everything surrounding this virus has been "Coronavirus COULD _____" or "The United States COULD ______ because of the virus"...we don't know what's gonna happen or how much damage is gonna happen because of this. Projections don't ALWAYS come true. Right now in my brain I'm projected to smash J-Lo in 10 months...is that gonna happen? It COULD...but is it likely and is anything set in stone? Of course not
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #41
space
space
Props total: 7443 7 K  Slaps total: 2413 2 K
Highly doubt it.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '07        #42
yolaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 29087 29 K  Slaps total: 2626 2 K
kinda funny watching all the rich a**holes and university snobs hit the mute button all of a sudden

+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #43
Yd4001 
space
space
Props total: 2844 2 K  Slaps total: 277 277
My girl work for the Post Office and she ain't mention nothing about less work. Gonna see what she says about this. As long as amazon working tho I'm good 😎

2 weeks ago '12        #44
OldBusiness 
space
space
 SnowFleury said
.we don't know what's gonna happens.
I agree with you bro, hell I was in a thread the other day asking people what else is going on in the world because all of the news outlets have turned off every other piece of news in favor for this stuff

But those words you said..that I quoted right there? Thats the reason man

People don't know, and what they fear? They dont understand. And I don't think the governments know either which is why we're seeing politicians and leaders from diff countries freak the fu*k out on camera at times about things..They just don't know

Familiarity produces feelings of being safe. The unknown is the most terrifying thing they say.

We also don't know the long term effects of this sh*t.

Like right now people are saying "Oh man its just a mild cold"...but what if 10 months from now you just fall over from this sh*t? Cause we dont know anyone whose had it for 10 months. Or a year. Or 10 years and so on

Like sh*t when my moms had cancer an beat it the first time...They told her "You have a super increased chance it returns after 5 years"

5 years and 3 months later it returned.

I think not knowing what this sh*t is, and not knowing what the long term effects are is whats scaring people

2 weeks ago '04        #45
qutaboi225  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 24769 24 K  Slaps total: 3195 3 K
 deadlift said
How them pounds from the west coast going to make it to the east coast in a speedy fashion???
You think they're checking for that sh*t right now? Or is it a good time to make some moves?

Asking for a friend

2 weeks ago '10        #46
SnowFleury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 18651 18 K  Slaps total: 4595 4 K
 OldBusiness said
I agree with you bro, hell I was in a thread the other day asking people what else is going on in the world because all of the news outlets have turned off every other piece of news in favor for this stuff

But those words you said..that I quoted right there? Thats the reason man

People don't know, and what they fear? They dont understand. And I don't think the governments know either which is why we're seeing politicians and leaders from diff countries freak the fu*k out on camera at times about things..They just don't know

Familiarity produces feelings of being safe. The unknown is the most terrifying thing they say.

We also don't know the long term effects of this sh*t.

Like right now people are saying "Oh man its just a mild cold"...but what if 10 months from now you just fall over from this sh*t? Cause we dont know anyone whose had it for 10 months. Or a year. Or 10 years and so on

Like sh*t when my moms had cancer an beat it the first time...They told her "You have a super increased chance it returns after 5 years"

5 years and 3 months later it returned.

I think not knowing what this sh*t is, and not knowing what the long term effects are is whats scaring people
Absolutely. Fear of the unknown is and should be concerning to most people.

BUT in times of uncertainty the answer is to boss up a bit, grab your nuts, and think logically and critically...publishing and promoting these types of articles don't help anyone and just invite people who don't have more control over themselves or a survivors instinct (because they've been coddled their whole lives) to panic and throw everything regarding logic out with the kitchen sink.

Again I'm not saying fear of the unknown isn't important and something everyone should be feeling...but people have to start accepting this is out of our control and even so, it's LIKELY we're going to pull through this in a few months-a year with some sacrifice and determination. Publishing "it COULD happen!! We could get fu*ked here here and here!" is doing nothing to help spurn the mindset we should be in right now

Like I can't imagine what so many average American's would be doing if we had to go f*ght the Nazi's in Germany again...we'd be overrun with death camps QUICKLY because people wouldn't let themselves give up their iphone and tik tok...it's shameful.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #47
NaMeLeSs- 
space
space
Props total: 8147 8 K  Slaps total: 518 518
Amazon Mail coming soon

2 weeks ago '16        #48
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 20030 20 K  Slaps total: 1561 1 K
 datboy|e said
They’ll just give them money come on now
Republicans been wanting to privatize the USPS for over a decade now, this may be their chance.

2 weeks ago '17        #49
Rich130 
space
space
Props total: 14796 14 K  Slaps total: 1495 1 K
 DJ Linx said
Better start training pigeons

2 weeks ago '16        #50
popogogo 
space
space
Props total: 21370 21 K  Slaps total: 871 871
 OldBusiness said
With Bezos getting wealthier and pretty moblizing his delivery force the way he has fam

Its pretty obvious his goal is to privatize this sh*t and hes got the money to do so. In my opinion its now getting to a point of a matter of when does he decide to strike...an for how much

I always felt like his goal was to k*ll as much retail as possible and once people get so regular with deliveries coming through his company, hes gonna swoop in and try to privatize mail

I don't like the idea of it like you. But I really have felt like this sh*t wa son the horizon for a while now.
The only reason USPS has problems is because they make them prefund the entire amount of retirement for workers. No other fed entity does that.

This is all a plot to paint them as incompetent and privatize.

I hate this because my father raised a family and put us all through private school and college working at the Post Office. Lived in a nice home and had summer vacations every year.

They trying to k*ll that job for hard working folks.
+5   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+186online now  69
Apr 8 - Robert F Kennedy just called out Bill Gates on Instagram for vaccine s..
345 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+43online now  25
Apr 7 - Senate Democrats propose $25,000 hazard-pay plan for essential workers
85 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+261online now  13
Video inside ItsReal85 one of our true home grown talents, here are your flowers.
110 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+106online now  2
Image(s) inside PS5 new wireless controller revealed
269 comments
2 days ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy