Freddie Gibbs Refutes Fan Claiming Jeezy's Responsible For His Career

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
219 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '12        #51
TheThreadLord  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 8656 8 K  Slaps total: 745 745
 Souloh said
YG dropped his biggest hit and most successful album under CTE.
I forgot about him

he probably would of been successful without him. But itís still sad only one artist.

compared to other rappers that put their artists on

2 weeks ago '16        #52
TrillSp 
space
space
Props total: 15409 15 K  Slaps total: 1613 1 K
 Ipodmann said
I love slick but slick been locked up on and off since I was 15 Iím 30 now. I think he locked up right now
Damn smh

2 weeks ago '17        #53
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 96327 96 K  Slaps total: 40194 40 K
Like Griselda, I've never heard anyone outside of boxden listen to or mention Freddie Gibbs in my life. Glad he seems to be prospering

2 weeks ago '16        #54
milo 
space
space
Props total: 278 278  Slaps total: 79 79
cte helped a lotta dudes lets keep it real
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #55
Badnewz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 26679 26 K  Slaps total: 662 662

+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #56
slimboyballer 
space
space
space
Props total: 13472 13 K  Slaps total: 3074 3 K
 Commission said
USDA album went gold I think
It was a tough album and I think it did go gold. That was more of a CTE compilation album. Slick Pulla never had a album. Bloodraw had an album but it didn't get much push. I thought Slick Pulla was the best on CTE.
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #57
vlwex 
space
space
space
Props total: 291 291  Slaps total: 51 51
The only track I still listen to featuring both of them:

+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #58
Dash420 
space
space
Props total: 10076 10 K  Slaps total: 869 869
 Ipodmann said
I love slick but slick been locked up on and off since I was 15 Iím 30 now. I think he locked up right now
Yeah Slick was his own worst enemy u can't put that on Jeezy. Jeezy did well with Yg and that's still a reach as well. Kinda strange how him and T.I. weren't really able to have a successor being that they are from the A where it's been reigning there for almost a good 15yrs +
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #59
Lmac 
space
space
space
Props total: 2785 2 K  Slaps total: 323 323
If you wanna give credit to anybody for helping Gibbs' career, the bulk of it has to go to Lambo (his manager), and early on it was Finga Roll (producer from Gary). Gibbs would tell you that himself.

Even though they aren't on good terms anymore, he even has to give A BIT of credit to Hit Skrewface for encouraging him early on when he first started rapping and wasn't at all a household name.
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #60
one2remember2 
space
space
Props total: 5525 5 K  Slaps total: 914 914
 Boogie1790 said
He nice brah
he aint

2 weeks ago '17        #61
King3X 
space
space
Props total: 14266 14 K  Slaps total: 1314 1 K
n*ggas going to stop disrespecting Jeezy and start holding his artists accountable.

Slick couldn't stay out of jail.

Him and Blood Raw fell out.

YG did everything that Jeezy expected Gibbs to do.

Them other artists still rocking with Snow. Besides. CTE seems more like a street label that Jeezy has to help out the homies. The homies don't really want to blow up. They just want out of the street.
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #62
alchemy187 
space
space
Props total: 10685 10 K  Slaps total: 3034 3 K
 The2ndHorseman said
i post this all the time because it doesnt get enough recognition as an elite diss track
Its not an elite diss track.
No one outside of Gibbs fans gave a rats a*s about this diss.

It didnt alter Gibbs or Jeezyís career arc at all
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #63
Souloh 
space
space
space
Props total: 3031 3 K  Slaps total: 458 458
 TheThreadLord said
I forgot about him

he probably would of been successful without him. But itís still sad only one artist.

compared to other rappers that put their artists on
YG had one hit three years before Def Jam let Jeezy take him under his wing. If it wasnít for Jeezy then YG wouldíve just been know as the n*gga who made Toot It And Boot It, he saved YG from sitting on the shelf at Def Jam.
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #64
Learn1st  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 4904 4 K  Slaps total: 2222 2 K
 JimDinO77 said
Never liked Gibbs on any of Jeezy sh*t...... Jeezu should have never stopped pushing Slick Pulla and Bloodraw......

Gibbs always been in the mix... I remember him on Hittin Licks for a Living with Future and Alley Boy, then to turn around and rock on some Currensy/ALC sh*t..... he has undeniable talent and versatility,...Madlib is the only n*gga u can give extra credit to, speaking on Gibbs success.....
He was popping before Madlib.

2 weeks ago '12        #65
The2ndHorseman 
space
space
Props total: 16338 16 K  Slaps total: 1300 1 K
 alchemy187 said
Its not an elite diss track.
No one outside of Gibbs fans gave a rats a*s about this diss.

It didnt alter Gibbs or Jeezyís career arc at all
well that entirely depends on the criteria you're using

when I said elite I meant in terms of craftsmanship not necessarily the impact it had on jeezys career

2 weeks ago '19        #66
Souloh 
space
space
space
Props total: 3031 3 K  Slaps total: 458 458
 Dash420 said
Yeah Slick was his own worst enemy u can't put that on Jeezy. Jeezy did well with Yg and that's still a reach as well. Kinda strange how him and T.I. weren't really able to have a successor being that they are from the A where it's been reigning there for almost a good 15yrs +
B.o.B was extremely successful for years until he suddenly turned into a conspiracy theorist and started releasing music that didnít have mainstream appeal his audience wanted. He tried with Dro but Dro was said that he was his own worst enemy and was going to rehab a lot and just wasnít focused on his career. TIP struck gold when he signed Travis Scott but for some reason people donít want to give Grand Hustle credit for Travis.

The thing with most of the artists Jeezy and TIP signed is that they were mostly streets dudes who were just trying to make some money instead of being actual artists.
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #67
Learn1st  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 4904 4 K  Slaps total: 2222 2 K
 Lmac said
If you wanna give credit to anybody for helping Gibbs' career, the bulk of it has to go to Lambo (his manager), and early on it was Finga Roll (producer from Gary). Gibbs would tell you that himself.

Even though they aren't on good terms anymore, he even has to give A BIT of credit to Hit Skrewface for encouraging him early on when he first started rapping and wasn't at all a household name.
The only person talking with some sense.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #68
Boogie1790 
space
space
Props total: 28384 28 K  Slaps total: 5012 5 K
 Rule 336 said
Like Griselda, I've never heard anyone outside of boxden listen to or mention Freddie Gibbs in my life. Glad he seems to be prospering
Real hip hop heads have been put on notice. My country a*s cousin was talking bout how he fu*k with Griselda last time I saw him. He listen to almost every label album that drops tho.

2 weeks ago '17        #69
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 96327 96 K  Slaps total: 40194 40 K
 Boogie1790 said
Real hip hop heads have been put on notice. My country a*s cousin was talking bout how he fu*k with Griselda last time I saw him. He listen to almost every label album that drops tho.
Where he from

2 weeks ago '16        #70
smokeytheblunt2 
space
space
Props total: 28126 28 K  Slaps total: 1494 1 K
 Lito Guapalot said
Only the Cold Day in Hell & Baby Face k*lla tapes if I'm not mistaken.

This my favorite collab of them

mine too..........

Im a huge Sinatra fan so that sample is up there with my favorite samples...........

3 Stripes was another good one(like somebody already said) and I think thees a couple more that were pretty good.........
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #71
Soo Special OG 
space
space
space
Props total: 24777 24 K  Slaps total: 5133 5 K
 JimDinO77 said
Never liked Gibbs on any of Jeezy sh*t...... Jeezu should have never stopped pushing Slick Pulla and Bloodraw......

Gibbs always been in the mix... I remember him on Hittin Licks for a Living with Future and Alley Boy, then to turn around and rock on some Currensy/ALC sh*t..... he has undeniable talent and versatility,...Madlib is the only n*gga u can give extra credit to, speaking on Gibbs success.....
factz yo i always fu*ked with uday. gibbs with cte sh*t didnt match

2 weeks ago '11        #72
RileyEsco 
space
space
Props total: 35421 35 K  Slaps total: 303 303

Still my sh*t.
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #73
Boogie1790 
space
space
Props total: 28384 28 K  Slaps total: 5012 5 K
 Rule 336 said
Where he from
The panhandle of Florida off a back road. I wish y'all can here him talk lol
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #74
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 15450 15 K  Slaps total: 2177 2 K
 Learn1st said
He was popping before Madlib.
he was cool...but PiŮata elevated him, and Bandana obviously took him to a even higher level.....

Freddie didn't do that for him, and as fire as Fetti was, the project didn't have an impact like both of the Madlib projects did.
+1   

2 weeks ago '13        #75
hendrix2013  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 1834 1 K  Slaps total: 612 612
 Souloh said
Iím a be honest and say I never heard of Gibbs until he signed with Jeezy and still donít care for his music.

Gibbs mightíve had a nice following prior to CTE, but Jeezy did introduce him to newer artists whether yíall want to admit that or not.
End of thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+209online now  37
Apr 8 - Robert F Kennedy just called out Bill Gates on Instagram for vaccine s..
365 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+70online now  27
Image(s) inside Ever Find Your Homies Woman on Tinder
210 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Azealia Banks Threatens To Expose Busta Rhymes If Her Doesn't Clear Tr..
221 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Apr 9 - Just look how brainwashed young Chinese students are 💀
147 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy