"The Platform" on Netflix

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+35  135
104 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 week ago '04        #51
erickonasis 
space
space
Props total: 45357 45 K  Slaps total: 5693 5 K
 Proveone said

Just watched this tonight. Loved the capitalist critique, solid flick
Maybe I missed something wtf was the ending

I donít understand this lil girl sh*t at all

1 week ago '17        #52
dubsax 
space
space
Props total: 36247 36 K  Slaps total: 3275 3 K
 BlessInTheSky said
I've read another interpretation.
[spoiler - click to view]

good sh*t

I actually liked the ending simply because it allows you to get draw your own conclusion based on what you got from the overall story.

1 week ago '07        #53
The Wealth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 22753 22 K  Slaps total: 6210 6 K
 lucifershammer said
I don't get that ending
It sucked

1 week ago '16        #54
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 19176 19 K  Slaps total: 1524 1 K
 erickonasis said
Maybe I missed something wtf was the ending

I donít understand this lil girl sh*t at all
https://youtu.be/8kKSUbrOwLo

1 week ago '16        #55
space
space
space
 dubsax said
good sh*t

I actually liked the ending simply because it allows you to get draw your own conclusion based on what you got from the overall story.

No her mom would always come down and feed her
+6   

1 week ago '16        #56
space
space
space
 kronos values said
It sucked

1 week ago '17        #57
lucifershammer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 38326 38 K  Slaps total: 3917 3 K
 dubsax said
good sh*t

The crazy woman might have been feeding her. That's why she's riding the platform so she could offer something to her kid

Notice as they were going down there 2 bodies in each cell. The crazy lady in might have iced them

+2   

1 week ago '04        #58
erickonasis 
space
space
 BlessInTheSky said
I've read another interpretation.

Hmmmmm

1 week ago '04        #59
erickonasis 
space
space
 dubsax said
not at all
the child was a symbol of what truly was going on
the worker that hung theirself explained how the workers for the administration didn t really know what was going and that no children were in the pit.
sending the child up was a hope to start a revolution in that showing the workers that everything they believed they were doing was false.
Interesting

1 week ago '05        #60
Muggz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 12527 12 K  Slaps total: 4039 4 K
3 pages on a netflix original movie boxden recommends, this finna be some ol bullsh*t, word to double toasted

1 week ago '17        #61
dubsax 
space
space
Props total: 36247 36 K  Slaps total: 3275 3 K
 Proveone said
No her mom would always come down and feed her
food never made it that far
there would be no way the mother would be able to f*ght off over 150 levels of people by herself
honestly I wonder how she survived so long if they were eating people at 100
+1   

1 week ago '05        #62
pnoi89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 13799 13 K  Slaps total: 1572 1 K
 434ta3 said
Have yíall seen THE a*sIGNMENT on netflix
Lmao, I literally watched that because it was right beside the Platform.

I personally liked the Platform. The girl's pretty cute too:

And she straight up a Spanish girl with Filipino descent

But yeah, if y'all wanna see Michelle Rodriguez's t*tties, then watch the a*signment
+2   

1 week ago '05        #63
space
space
 lucifershammer said

The crazy woman might have been feeding her. That's why she's riding the platform so she could offer something to her kid

Notice as they were going down there 2 bodies in each cell. The crazy lady in might have iced them

Gotta remember that every month, the people in those cells are rearranged. There are 330 floors, but when by the time the platform of food reaches around floor 100, the food is both disgusting with sh*t and piss, and gone. So that's why as they got to the bottom, people are basically dead because they have no food for that entire fu*king month they're stuck there. And if they have a bad draw for the next rotation the following month being stuck at a floor lower than the 100th floor, they'll end up dying no matter what.

Imagine being a lucky guy drawing the first 10 floors for months, or being the unlucky get and being stuck withe floor 300 for a couple months
+2   

1 week ago '05        #64
space
space
 Pos said
that food was nasty as sh*t
When

+1   

1 week ago '17        #65
434ta3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 3139 3 K  Slaps total: 1083 1 K
 pnoi89 said
Lmao, I literally watched that because it was right beside the Platform.

I personally liked the Platform. The girl's pretty cute too:

And she straight up a Spanish girl with Filipino descent

But yeah, if y'all wanna see Michelle Rodriguez's t*tties, then watch the a*signment

Yea her tiddays were cool but the circumstances of the movie plot made it weird

1 week ago '12        #66
Boo The Fool 
space
space
Props total: 8458 8 K  Slaps total: 693 693
 barber said
I think they made that young child go to the top so he could eat good. They sacrificed themselves for him because he was at the bottom barely getting scraps.
Spoilers and it was a girl

1 week ago '10        #67
Pun 
space
space
Props total: 167 167  Slaps total: 20 20
TRASH ! and body disagree a liar.

1 week ago '10        #68
Pun 
space
space
Props total: 167 167  Slaps total: 20 20
anybody disagree is a liar.

1 week ago '15        #69
AmillionMo 
space
space
Props total: 12185 12 K  Slaps total: 4251 4 K
I think it was a deep movie. Let's talk about it...main guy put himself through sh*t just for a degree, which may not go anywhere. Sounds familiar? He was optimistic just like a lot of college students but would he do it again if he knew he may not be able to eat (debt) and may not eat the next month (get a good job) it's all by luck. If you get a good job (level) then you eat. If you get dealt a raw hand (level under about 60) then you don't eat. If you go down to low, only 1 out of 500 may make it out or up. The bottom is like the hood or poverty. They didn't ask to be there. They just trying to survive. Some k*lled themselves and some turned primal and k*lled each other who they were in close proximity to. The lady who had brea*t cancer was actually privileged and started high but k*lled herself once she found out they lied to her about 200 floors (no American dream) and once she fell so far as being privileged initially! She brought a damn dog which the lady who k*lled her was trying to tell her that that dog wasn't sh*t and people shouldn't treat them like they are! She didn't k*ll herself once she found out she had brea*t cancer, but she did when she found out she wouldn't eat. (Poor, poverty)the main character changed the old man's mind and they were friends until it was survival of the fittest time. Initially the old man pissed on the people below him only because they were below him and kept calling people above him bastards but never acknowledged he was also a bastard to the people below. The old guy is like the baby bombers who don't want to fall back and let a young person thrive because they think we tryna take their spot or push them out. They can't see how they could coexist at and at a lower level, the truth came out about the guy and the main character only got saved because he showed compassion to the woman with the child. He was the only 1. The main character did what he had to do to survive and always lived below his means. That's why he brought in a book! The black guy was a perfect symbol. He never could get to the 1st level no matter how hard he tried and he asked for help. Had a rope and pulled himself up by his bootstraps but the people above him just sh*t on him and would let him even get to their level. It wasn't even about them but they didn't care. Couldn't let a black man get to their level or past them and he was the only 1 actually trying to move up actively. The black dude did follow the white guy and was actually the enforcer. If it wasn't for him, they woulda never made it to the level where the other black guy in the wheel chair who had knowledge. That showed me that the black people who do have the knowledge are still handicapped in some way! The black guy essentially died by helping the white dude reach HIS goal. Also, why didn't anyone ever think to jump on the platform before hand and wait until it went back to the top? Let me clarify something, American blacks and impoverished people here are not at the bottom. They were the ones who were grateful to get thrown grapes. That's welfare and those people just waited and still had 'hope'. The people below that were the ones with no hope. Those were the 1s who committed suicide. Mainly. But just like some celebrities at the top, they also committed suicide but not at the rate of the bottom! The symbol of the girl was the bottom could reach the top of someone cares enough to help! I'm all over the place but its just my thoughts. Oh, and the workers were lied to just like we are lied to as workers. The boss didn't care about the people, he cared about his food and craft (making money). His workers had to perform just like in real life and they don't know what they are performing for honestly! They don't see it, they just see the paycheck our whatever it was ...also notice how the main dude got his favorite dish and he still didn't murder the dish, even though it was untouched at 32 floors? He only took like 2! It's late where I am but it was definitely a movie that made you think and people didn't like the end but ask yourself why? Was it because you didn't get it? Was it because it's saying children are our future and we need to protect them (feed them, help them reach the top)? The dude shouldntve reached the top. Even though he was the main character, it was t about him! btw, the lady didn't know a child was there like we don't see the children who are in poverty or dying or getting murdered by the police, etc. We don't see it! No one believes the lady had a child and no one helped! Even the main character stopped believing it cause the cancer lady told him she was crazy but she was actually the most same 1. She didn't have a child but the child was hers cause the child was a symbol of being all of our responsibility! Ok I'm done!
+5   

1 week ago '20        #70
NachoDips 
space
space
Props total: 4524 4 K  Slaps total: 960 960
Interesting flix.

1 week ago '17        #71
SimeonWisest 
space
space
space
Props total: 5684 5 K  Slaps total: 768 768
Watched it. I thought it was excellent. If you didn't understand the ending you didn't pay enough attention or understood the message.
There was a crucial line where the old man said something a long the lines of the message doesnt need a message bearer.
Which I interpreted as a anti Jesus figure statement. We don't need a saviour, the message is enough. You are your own saviour.
+1   

1 week ago '10        #72
Trilluminati GA 
space
space
Props total: 20269 20 K  Slaps total: 907 907
Might watch tonight

1 week ago '17        #73
Almighty HA 
space
space
Props total: 8301 8 K  Slaps total: 528 528
If I knew more about the administration and why people were there then i'd have a better conclusion of it.

Overall, a good watch.

1 week ago '09        #74
NoHope 
space
space
Props total: 2101 2 K  Slaps total: 718 718
I'd hate to be stuck in a place like that....
+1   

1 week ago '06        #75
tonygunz 
space
space
space
Props total: 1739 1 K  Slaps total: 81 81
 BlessInTheSky said
LMAO if you're talking about the scene I think you're talking about - that sh*t was fu*king hilarious.

Some people didn't catch on lmao
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+38online now  19
Mark Price Schools Allen Iverson
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  17
The Illest Netflix or Prime Original Movie You've seen Thus Far
70 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  14
XXL gets flamed for trying to put gay rapper on Freshman List, turns off comme..
176 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+42online now  11
Video inside FBI RAIDS Jewish guy in BROOKLYN NY for HOARDING 5,000 boxes of N95 masks
174 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy