😱Apple Finally* Admits Microfrost Was Right ☑😏 About Tablets💻 [ SurfacePro > iPad Pro ]

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 weeks ago '18        #1
4422 page views
65 comments

IcebergIzm  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 3261 3 K  Slaps total: 1686 1 K
😱Apple Finally* Admits Microfrost Was Right ☑😏 About Tablets💻 [ SurfacePro > iPad Pro ]

Yo Boxden . . .

This is for ya'll dillusional apple stans. Let's stop actin brand new rite now and not act like they aint just BLATANTLY copy da Surface Pro.

What did Apple do with all their leftover headphone jacks ? Make iPods.
Why would anybody need an iPod when they already have an iPhone.
Because the iPhone dont have a headphone jack. Lol

Okay, I get it. Your smart. Here buy this 'dongle' now.
Yes, they still sell 'iPods'...no I'm not joking.
Anywayzzz I was just talkin my sh*t before I give ya'll the full drop down below . . .

-------------------------
Apple has spent the past 10 years trying to convince everyone that the iPad and its vision of touch-friendly computing is the future. The iPad rejected the idea of a keyboard, a trackpad, or even a stylus, and Apple mocked Microsoft for taking that exact approach with the Surface. “Our competition is different, they’re confused,” said Apple CEO Tim Cook as he stood onstage to introduce the new Macs and iPads six years ago. “They chased after netbooks, now they’re trying to make PCs into tablets and tablets into PCs. Who knows what they will do next?”

Every iPad has transformed into a Surface in recent years, and as of this week, the iPad Pro and Surface Pro look even more alike. Both have detachable keyboards, adjustable stands, trackpads, and styluses. With iPadOS getting cursor and mouse support this week, Apple has finally admitted that Microsoft was right about tablets. Let me explain why.

Microsoft’s return to tablets was a rough ride and far from perfect. Bill Gates tried to convince the world that tablets would be a thing all the way back in 2002, but the hardware and software were far too primitive back then. The software maker eventually introduced the Surface RT alongside Windows 8 in 2012 as a clear response to the iPad, but it had an ARM-powered desktop operating system that didn’t support your favorite apps. It was slightly confused, but Microsoft’s tablet principles were clear at the time.
Microsoft Surface RT pictures
Microsoft’s original Surface RT tablet.

“Something is different about tablets, people still do desire a physical keyboard,” wrote former Windows chief Steven Sinofsky in a detailed blog post about Windows 8 back in 2012. “Even in the absence of software like Microsoft Office, the reality is that when you need to write more than a few quick lines of text, you yearn for something better than on-screen typing ... People benefit from the highly accurate, reliable, and fast user input enabled by a physical keyboard, and we think an OS and its apps should not compromise when one is available.”

The message was clear: touch-based computing would be a first-class input for Windows 8 but not the only way to use the operating system. Microsoft insisted you needed a mouse for precision, a keyboard for typing, and a stylus for taking notes or drawing. These basic foundations led to the Surface Pro, with its variety of inputs to suit different needs.

Microsoft also mastered the ability to use a tablet at a desk or on a couch, thanks to its Surface kickstand and hinge designs. It was a key differentiator against devices like the iPad, and Microsoft and Intel now license out the design for other PC makers to use. It didn’t take long for everyone to start copying Microsoft’s Surface design.
surface pro 3
The Surface Pro 3 really defined the Surface design.

Even Apple moved quickly to respond to the Surface, a year after Microsoft released a stunning new design with the Surface Pro 3. Apple’s first iPad Pro debuted in 2015 with support for the Apple Pencil stylus and a smart keyboard. It arrived just as iPad sales had declined to the point where Apple was making more money on Macs instead. The iPad Pro keyboard magnetically attached to the iPad Pro, just like the Surface Pro, but Apple claimed it was “unlike any keyboard you’ve ever used before.”

It marked a big shift for the iPad, and every big iPad now supports a keyboard and stylus. Despite the hardware additions, Apple persisted with its touch-first vision for the iPad. Using a keyboard with the iPad was an ergonomic disaster. You’d have to lift your hands away from the keyboard to touch the screen and adjust text or simply navigate around the OS. It didn’t feel natural, and the large touch targets meant there was no precision for more desktop-like apps. Alongside Apple’s refusal to bring touchscreen support to the Mac, it was clear something had to change.

The first signs of a new direction for the iPad arrived with iPadOS and the hints at cursor support last year. Apple is now introducing trackpad and mouse support fully in iPadOS, and you can use an existing Bluetooth device. Unlike pointer support you’d find in Windows or macOS, Apple has taken a clever approach to bringing it to a touch-friendly OS like iPadOS. The pointer only appears when you need it, and it’s a circular dot that can change its shape based on what you’re pointing at. That means you can use it for precision tasks like spreadsheets or simply use multitouch gestures on a trackpad to navigate around iPadOS.

It’s far more than most people were expecting at this stage, and Apple has importantly kept its touch-friendly iPad principles intact. Right now, you still can’t use this mouse support to drag and drop windows on top of each other freely like you might on Windows or macOS. Nor is it there to do everything you’d typically do with a mouse on a desktop operating system. Apple has adapted a legacy input and modernized it for iPadOS.

This careful and considered approach explains why it took Apple so long to bring cursor support to iPadOS. Tim Cook has previously discussed product trade-offs and the idea of converging PCs and tablets. “Anything can be forced to converge, but the problem is that products are about tradeoffs, and you begin to make tradeoffs to the point where what you have left doesn’t please anyone,” Cook said on an earnings call nearly eight years ago. He famously added: “You can converge a toaster and a refrigerator, but those things are probably not gonna be pleasing to the user.”

Cook was also adamant that Apple wouldn’t converge the MacBook Air and an iPad. “The compromise of convergence — we’re not going to that party,” he said. Cook has stayed true to that vision. Apple hasn’t converged macOS and iPadOS to bring trackpad and mouse support to the iPad. Instead, the message for the iPad now is that it can adapt to be more like a laptop or remain just like a tablet.

That message sounds similar to Microsoft’s Surface Pro, but what’s now at play is a battle of ecosystems, apps, and operating systems. Microsoft has persisted with Windows and walked back many of its touch-friendly tablet changes. The software maker is even diverging Windows further into a Windows 10X operating system for dual-screen devices this year.
The new iPad Pro keyboard with a trackpad.

Meanwhile, Apple is hoping that iPadOS could be enough for people who want some laptop familiarity. With the essential trackpad support and improvements to the Safari web browser, the iPad is starting to look like a much more viable option for both a tablet and a laptop for many. That’s a big change from just a few years ago.

Now that Apple and Microsoft are aligned on what a tablet can offer in terms of hardware, the battle between PC and iPad will shift toward what both do in software. Apple has shown that it’s willing to adapt, and we’ll likely see a lot more desktop-like apps for the iPad as a result. Mouse support for the iPad is a significant game-changer, and the iPad has now moved well beyond a third category of device for browsing, email, photos, video, music, games, and ebooks.

That will unnerve Microsoft and its PC partners, but it doesn’t mean it’s an immediate death sentence for the PC just yet.image, there will be many years ahead of experimentation from app developers to adjust to mouse support in iPadOS. Windows and macOS won’t stand still, either, and they’re still far more powerful for multitasking and running complicated desktop apps.

Apple has painted a line in the sand here, though. The iPad is changing rapidly, even if Apple’s new iPad tagline is “your next computer is not a computer.” The next 10 years will truly define exactly what kind of computer Apple wants the iPad to be.
+1   

best
worst
65 comments

2 weeks ago '18        #2
IcebergIzm  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
space
space
Props total: 3261 3 K  Slaps total: 1686 1 K
I love how they made their commercial seem as if they're doing something groundbreaking. #GoodMarketing

Im low-key curious to know how it handles video editing tho since i seen them doin it in the video. Probly that built in iMovie/iDvd trash.
+5   

2 weeks ago '18        #3
addth3sauce 
space
space
Props total: 3090 3 K  Slaps total: 239 239
I love my surface book. The look on people's faces when they realize it's not an apple product.... priceless
+18   

2 weeks ago '12        #4
acefresh 
space
space
space
Props total: 48659 48 K  Slaps total: 4145 4 K
New iPhones without headphone jacks come standard with headphones that plug into the lightning port...I couldn’t read past the first sentence.

I have a surface too tho
+6   

2 weeks ago '16        #5
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 10857 10 K  Slaps total: 1433 1 K
OP

+12   

2 weeks ago '19        #6
ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 4833 4 K  Slaps total: 945 945
the surface pro is an amazing piece of technology that just keeps getting better

still can’t figure out what possible use an ipad could have unless you read digital comic books or something

i don’t need a $2,000 jumbo cell phone that can’t run any software i use
+22   

2 weeks ago '08        #7
HulkColegan 
space
space
space
Props total: 2787 2 K  Slaps total: 841 841
I’ve always been apple first. But never understood there reasoning behind no touch screen laptops. Yes I know Jobs didn’t like it. iOS on a tablet isn’t cutting compared to any pc tablet. Too limited in my opinion.

Still iPhone gang and Mac pro gang.
+7   

2 weeks ago '06        #8
LeMar G 
space
space
Props total: 63559 63 K  Slaps total: 6763 6 K
Windows>Dex>IOS
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '16        #9
stop resisting 
space
space
Props total: 12000 12 K  Slaps total: 11779 11 K
apple makes superior phones,laptops, etc....

microsoft has one product better than apple that they both make. and when they buy Sony next year they will make better gaming devices too

this thread is trash

2 weeks ago '05        #10
watthafuc 
space
space
Props total: 1338 1 K  Slaps total: 168 168
steve jobs is rolling in his grave
+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #11
Vancouver 
space
space
Props total: 142 142  Slaps total: 46 46
Surface changed the game and Microsoft once again owns the computer market. The vast majotity of businesses are going with surfaces. iPad been trash since it's creation, but especially since the Surface shut sh*t down.

2 weeks ago '09        #12
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
space
space
Props total: 160845 160 K  Slaps total: 19746 19 K
 LeMar G said
Windows>Dex>IOS

the thumbnail

for $2000 you could get 3 or 4 microsoft laptops
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #13
doczdaname 
space
space
Props total: 8946 8 K  Slaps total: 1681 1 K
I am on my Surface Pro 7 right now reading this. I love this machine..it replaced my old dell laptop and my desktop. It has everything I need for work and super easy and lightweight take when I have to do client visits or anywhere for that matter.
+4   

2 weeks ago '19        #14
jordanair45 
space
space
Props total: 3452 3 K  Slaps total: 775 775
ARM processors sh*t on everything.

fu*k MS Tablets giving you that 480p resolution on sh*t intel chips and a weak OS

2 weeks ago '17        #15
slimthuggin101 
space
space
Props total: 1494 1 K  Slaps total: 371 371
apple still fu*king up because we cant run .dmg files
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #16
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 10521 10 K  Slaps total: 1428 1 K
Microsoft was right about the tablets and cloud computing and Samsung was right about large smart phones. Sometimes Apples execution is just better and Marketing. But hey I am pixel/nexus and windows guy always and not going to change
+6   

2 weeks ago '19        #17
016z 
space
space
space
Props total: 2965 2 K  Slaps total: 437 437
This company makes billions no matter anybody opinion, let it go man. You got the phone you like, it’s cool they not tripping
+15   

2 weeks ago '04        #18
pimppoet 
space
space
space
Props total: 723 723  Slaps total: 124 124
 nwking said
Microsoft was right about the tablets and cloud computing and Samsung was right about large smart phones. Sometimes Apples execution is just better and Marketing. But hey I am pixel/nexus and windows guy always and not going to change
that part...got stans actin stuck up over old/standard features
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #19
Itsjustmefools  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 5293 5 K  Slaps total: 3832 3 K
 addth3sauce said
I love my surface book. The look on people's faces when they realize it's not an apple product.... priceless
Which model do you have? I just hate that it's Windows software, I'm.
not a fan of windows

If I can find a similar one in Android then it's on!

Last edited by Itsjustmefools; 03-21-2020 at 02:40 AM..

2 weeks ago '16        #20
theidiotlamper 
space
space
Props total: 1656 1 K  Slaps total: 539 539
Surfaces have major tech issues. Digitizers and touch screens dont work, ghosting mouses, battery issues after a year of use....across the board.

When its functional yea it's better than an ipad in any iteration, but the issues are super widespread. I find it a miracle when my keyboard decides to work and I can get things done there instead of on my cell phone.

2 weeks ago '14        #21
Epitome 
space
space
Props total: 3157 3 K  Slaps total: 1090 1 K
 Vancouver said
Surface changed the game and Microsoft once again owns the computer market. The vast majotity of businesses are going with surfaces. iPad been trash since it's creation, but especially since the Surface shut sh*t down.
Microsoft never lost the PC market to begin with

+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #22
VictoryThagr8 
space
space
space
Props total: 5907 5 K  Slaps total: 1195 1 K
 jordanair45 said
ARM processors sh*t on everything.

fu*k MS Tablets giving you that 480p resolution on sh*t intel chips and a weak OS
But surface pro has 4k display with far superior processing power especially the i7.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #23
Majestic 
space
space
space
Props total: 528 528  Slaps total: 179 179
Going to get an iPad pro stay mad
+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #24
blackninja 
space
space
Props total: 15732 15 K  Slaps total: 1580 1 K
 Majestic said
Going to get an iPad pro stay mad
Right!

OP hates Apple like it he is an ugly dude and Apple is the baddest chick who will never fu*k him. So, he posts hate like this BS from his mom's basement to vent while she is shipping champaign in Mykonos.

I LOVE Apple and own stock stock and and the iPad Pro, but no one is delusional. Until iPad OS is replaced by a touch screen version of MAC OS and can run all desktop apps and IOS apps, it will always be behind the Surface. Still, I will take the iPad over Surface any day because the IPad pro works for me and increased my productivity tenfold because I does everything I need it too and works with ALL of my other apple devices seamlessly. And companies like Acer were making computer tables for years and no one gave a damn until Apple showed them how to do it with appeal.

And I have not a thing against Microsoft, Android, or Samsung. I don't get why some people can place so much hate towards a product that they don't have to buy or use. Did Apple take OP's chick?

Last edited by blackninja; 03-22-2020 at 09:18 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #25
mr_underground|m  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 44508 44 K  Slaps total: 3666 3 K
apple is in a new phase where they're playing nice with other companies, listening to consumers and making fast changes.

the goal of there pro lines are to replace the traditional work enviroment as many pros including myself have said. if i don't have to carry around or use a ton of gear i won't. if the iphone can shoot productionr ready photos and video, i'm going to use that because its easier.

if the ipad can edit video, i'm going to use that. so between the 2 devices i can run a minimalistic business. so apples goal is to replace bulking and clunky tools. apple was build around creatives and its going back to its roots by making creative tools easier. i love the fact i can shoot a video on the iphone and its automatically on my ipad where i can start editing. i can also trade financial markets in the background.

the only things i can't do right now on iphone or ipad is run trading robots or use OBS to do streaming or gaming content creations. if i was just doing gameplay footage than yes, but if i want the camera then its a bit clunky as i would need to record on iphone and have the game play on ipad. i like it synced through OBS. but other than those 2 things i can do everything i need to do on iphone and ipad and get paid for it.

apple and microsoft aren't even targeting the same people. MS is know for corporate business and apple is know for creative work

Last edited by mr_underground; 03-21-2020 at 11:43 AM..
+5   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-18online now  24
Image(s) inside The rest of the world wondering why NY has so many Covid Cases
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  20
YaYa Mayweather Potentially Being Charged With Murder... Girl In Critic..
275 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+343online now  17
Image(s) inside Apr 4 - I’ve lost 3 family members to Coronavirus this week...
176 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+16online now  8
Video inside Apr 4 - Joe Rogan Says He'd Vote Trump Over Biden, Goes Viral On Twitter
256 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy