PS5's SSD puts the PS5 on the same level as Series X

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '17        #51
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45719 45 K  Slaps total: 11485 11 K
 Ra-da-god said
bro games take a very long time to make God of war took 5 years, Gears 5 took 3 years, Halo Infinite has been in development for 5 years, Spiderman took 4 years.

they use power to sell you the POSSIBILITY of what the new hardware is capable of while you wait on the games.

far as launch games, at least with Xbox you're gonna be straight, just get games pass and you'll have 200 games out the box with most of them seeing enhancements just off the raw power of what the system can do.

Sony is a little more tricky with their strategy we'll have to see how it all plays out
In other words, I'm gonna buy the Series X to enhance what I'm currently playing on my Xbox One.

Sounds like a major jig.

2 weeks ago '17        #52
space
space
 xFMx ALCHEMiST said
fu*k why the hell have i been buying GPUs and CPUs when all i needed was a slightly faster SSD?

/s
GPU and CPU bout 15% weaker while the SSD runs twice as fast. Why are we pushing this narrative that the PS5 is significantly weaker?

TF the new bits forreal

2 weeks ago '17        #53
space
space
 cuzjuan said
everybody is forgetting about MLA (machine learning algorithm)
that series X can use very low quality textures and up-res them on the fly...

but what does that mean?

it means the lower bandwidth i/o of the SSD makes hardly a difference because the files streaming i/o of the HD wont be as big as they will be with SONy, thus less traffic then less lanes needed ie. lower bandwidth needed to receive and send info.. adding the raw power of the series X.. it wont be an issue!

even the blog site that covered this a week ago COREY BALROG stated this and that no one else has this tech. which they did allude to nex gen games on XSX possibly being smaller in GB than current gen games...

2nd, the demo on digital foundry avg. 6 sec loading times, on GAMES THAT WERENT OPTIMIZED FOR FAST LOADING... that just what it can do when u put in any game... they were all cold booted and not already loaded into memory like spiderman was for sony while demonstrating fast travel load times....

but dont take my word for it...

phill said series X is the most balanced console.. why would it make sense to call it that if the loading wasnt equivalent to the power if you think its so lacking

xbox has delivered on all promises since phill took over, im betting that everything they say XSX will be, it will do!
What promises have they delivered on that have been worthwhile?

2 weeks ago '17        #54
space
space
I love the big sh*t talking n*ggas got going on here. Gonna make yall singing kumbaya mad funny in a few years

2 weeks ago '12        #55
OhBoy1356  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 8226 8 K  Slaps total: 1489 1 K
i'm a big time sony guy but i'll wait until the first batch of systems are out this clock sh*t screams red ring of death all over it
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #56
GodzMustBeCrazy 
space
space
Props total: 1809 1 K  Slaps total: 384 384
At the end of the day MS still has Zero exclusives period. If you have a gaming PC then there is literally not 1 reason to buy a Series X. If you want gaming experiences, then you get a Ps5.

2 weeks ago '17        #57
space
space
 GodzMustBeCrazy said
At the end of the day MS still has Zero exclusives period. If you have a gaming PC then there is literally not 1 reason to buy a Series X. If you want gaming experiences, then you get a Ps5.
Bingo.

2 weeks ago '12        #58
halochicken 
space
space
Props total: 542 542  Slaps total: 117 117
 Kingme said
The sound is the most impressive feature on the P5 I think the sound and the SSD drive are going to do wonders for Virtual Reality but as for console gaming it's definitely in 2nd place.

Still picking up the PS5 but I'm officially done buying PS4 games because that backwards compatiblilty sounds sketch and there was no mention of forward compatiblilty. Going to wait for the inevitable "directors cut" of Last of Us 2, Ghost Of Tsushima, and Final Fantasy 7 on the PS5 with better everything
Not sure if you saw the xbox stuff it seems many haven't. The ssd is also the same as the PlayStation ssd. Its north bridge m.2 with its own dedicated bus lanes to cpu. As far as sound new xbox has dedicated sound card.
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #59
Cuttysark 
space
space
Props total: 19288 19 K  Slaps total: 1228 1 K
 KANG SuPaFLyy said
The series x has no weakness really
No God of War is a weakness to me just like no Gears is a weakness for the PS5

Getting both just for that reason

2 weeks ago '05        #60
Chuck_Remixed 
space
space
Props total: 10388 10 K  Slaps total: 454 454
In terms of the thread title, imo that's baloney. The more I look at this the more it becomes more evident imo Cerny's team botched this and in a couple of ways. MS's plans were more thought out and they caught Sony by surprise. This would explain some of the rumors and the github leak.

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 03-19-2020 at 05:49 AM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #61
Faythung 
space
space
Props total: 10726 10 K  Slaps total: 853 853
Couple people in these threads writing back to back to back responses.

Basically the same person with loyalty to a different, inanimate object. If you took their responses and replaced the words Sony and Microsoft you wouldn't know who is who

Have some god damn self-respect people.
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #62
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 95492 95 K  Slaps total: 6870 6 K
 Faythung said
Couple people in these threads writing back to back to back responses.

Basically the same person with loyalty to a different, inanimate object. If you took their responses and replaced the words Sony and Microsoft you wouldn't know who is who

Have some god damn self-respect people.
n*gga had 6 posts in a row

That boy needs a tylenol
+4   

2 weeks ago '07        #63
moe4484  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 2262 2 K  Slaps total: 198 198
Man this spida guy in here looking like a whole Sony thot. Is it necessary to respond to every post that isn't 100 percent pro Sony
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #64
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 24992 24 K  Slaps total: 4284 4 K

+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #65
jondaincredible 
space
space
Props total: 945 945  Slaps total: 49 49
Sony is teraflopping on the hardware

2 weeks ago '04        #66
VictoryThagr8 
space
space
space
Props total: 5872 5 K  Slaps total: 1188 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
We would get those multi plats on PC if we’re looking for power
Not for the price of for an Xbox series x. Remember most people don't have high end PC which the Xbox series x is comparable too.

Next gen is looking like PS3 vs 360 vs wi era where all three console makers were shining. sh*t the series x not only beat the PS5 in power but it also out performed current high end PC.
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #67
M2CEO 
space
space
space
Props total: 6780 6 K  Slaps total: 1123 1 K
PS5 wont have game resume
PS5 using fake Ray tracing

2 weeks ago '04        #68
VictoryThagr8 
space
space
space
Props total: 5872 5 K  Slaps total: 1188 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
GPU and CPU bout 15% weaker while the SSD runs twice as fast. Why are we pushing this narrative that the PS5 is significantly weaker?

TF the new bits forreal
Because sdd does not process data. Basically it load faster but once the data hits the ram that it will get destroyed. Remember the PS5 spec are both over clocked which means it will barely hit that max.
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #69
KANG SuPaFLyy 
space
space
space
Props total: 150 150  Slaps total: 34 34
 cuzjuan said

but what does that mean?

it means the lower bandwidth i/o of the SSD makes hardly a difference because the files streaming i/o of the HD wont be as big as they will be with SONy, thus less traffic then less lanes needed ie. lower bandwidth needed to receive and send info.. adding the raw power of the series X.. it wont be an issue!

even the blog site that covered this a week ago COREY BALROG stated this and that no one else has this tech. which they did allude to nex gen games on XSX possibly being smaller in GB than current gen games...

2nd, the demo on digital foundry avg. 6 sec loading times, on GAMES THAT WERENT OPTIMIZED FOR FAST LOADING... that just what it can do when u put in any game... they were all cold booted and not already loaded into memory like spiderman was for sony while demonstrating fast travel load times....

phill said series X is the most balanced console.. why would it make sense to call it that if the loading wasnt equivalent to the power if you think its so lacking

xbox has delivered on all promises since phill took over, im betting that everything they say XSX will be, it will do!
Talk to em....

2 weeks ago '14        #70
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 12750 12 K  Slaps total: 7952 7 K
 Nosbig said
Ppl know NVMe is the connection the ssd uses right? They both have ssds...... I'm lost here lol
Ps5s SSD is double the speed and the way PS5's GPU works is different than previous consoles. No one knows how this is going to work. It seems like the PS5s SSD will do far more for textures.

2 weeks ago '14        #71
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 12750 12 K  Slaps total: 7952 7 K
 cuzjuan said

but what does that mean?

I definitely think the Xbox is more powerful, I think the consoles are even but the PS5 will be less expensive. It really doesnt matter to me which console is better because I dont need realistic graphics which they are both promoting.

If they dont provide my a*s a slow paced online competitive tactical shooter I'm dont with consoles.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #72
KANG SuPaFLyy 
space
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said

TF the new bits forreal
So for the slow ones in the back...series x gpu is actually between 20% to 25% more powerful (possibly more). There is damn near a full 3tf advantage in series X favor. (9.2 ACTUAL pd5 tfs to xbox 12.15). Series X CPU is also faster. 52 CUs vs ps5 36 CUs is nothing to write off, especially considering this will effect how both systems handle raytracing (series X has damn near %44 more raytracing power!) Ps5 has faster ssd (which will ONLY bring faster loading times if anything) but also LESS of it available for use. Xbox also has FULL Backward compatibility and sony does not. Lol and thats not even taking into account the a.i. machine learning and variable rate shading that the series X has. The advantage is not "slight" at all. Sony F ed up ... Point blank period. But hey, atleast the audio chip in the ps5 is next gen ish....
+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #73
P-Hill|M 
space
space
Props total: 22988 22 K  Slaps total: 1740 1 K
MLA

2 weeks ago '16        #74
KANG SuPaFLyy 
space
space
space
[QUOTE=OldBusiness;52295024]The fact that its being overclocked and having to boost its way to the numbers they chose to go public with is misleading and fu*ked up. The system won't even be performing at those speeds most of the time1, for instance that 10.2 teraflop number is really going to be 9.2-9.5 for the majority of the generation and first party titles at the end of the consoles life cycle are going to be the ones to tap into that power years down the road.

When Microsoft is promising 12.1tflops locked out the gate.

That speedy SSD is going to become a headache when it comes to pricing because that could be the reason they eat a nice loss per system sold, or they enter at a less than competitive price point.

Microsoft won the spec war. Its no way to spin it, but Sonys gonna have to come out swinging with those games.

And that backwards compatibility sh*t is disgusting. They had a whole generatioj to get it right and instead they put on their usual arrogant face and said fu*k it and now theyre playing catch up by doing sh*t Microsoft was doing 5+ years ago. Successful Sony has always been meh, its when theyre down/out and hungry that they shine.[/QUOTE

All facts!!

2 weeks ago '16        #75
KANG SuPaFLyy 
space
space
space
 Swade009 said
I dont actually care about graphics I'm actually probably going PC if a tactical shooter like Socom isnt announced at launch.
sure you dont. If u didnt you wouldn't be gaming on pc in the first place

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  19
Old heads who had the better "I Wish"
129 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+36online now  17
Video inside Offset really gives no fuxks about stepping out on Cardi B
127 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  14
Mar 28 - China's biowarfare: China gave 600k defective and used mask to the Ne..
106 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+25online now  5
Predator Hunting Grounds Trial Out It's GARBAGE
30 comments
1 day ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy