PS5's SSD puts the PS5 on the same level as Series X

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+77  144
198 comments @games
most viewed right now
41 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

3 weeks ago '17        #26
Nosbig 
space
space
Props total: 2183 2 K  Slaps total: 278 278
Ppl know NVMe is the connection the ssd uses right? They both have ssds...... I'm lost here lol
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #27
ruff 
space
space
Props total: 7900 7 K  Slaps total: 1726 1 K
Thread like reading Chinese
+4   

3 weeks ago '04        #28
Da_realness 
space
space
Props total: 5951 5 K  Slaps total: 1153 1 K
If sony had a working system they should have shown it which clearly they dont
+2   

3 weeks ago '16        #29
KANG SuPaFLyy 
space
space
space
Props total: 170 170  Slaps total: 36 36
 Cuttysark said
Or

Let Sony take the L on this and by both

One dont have to be better than the other

Both will have their strengths and weaknesses
The series x has no weakness really
+4   

3 weeks ago '04        #30
Ra-da-god 
space
space
Props total: 5160 5 K  Slaps total: 578 578
 MohasHendrix said
I never understand why these console companies wait to have any super popular exclusives ready at launch.

Wouldn't it be better to announce a console that's a 2nd in power but comes with a stack of popular exclusives out the gate? That way you get as many people to buy your console as possible early. I'd imagine people are less likely to up and buy a second console so quickly after buying the first console.
bro games take a very long time to make God of war took 5 years, Gears 5 took 3 years, Halo Infinite has been in development for 5 years, Spiderman took 4 years.

they use power to sell you the POSSIBILITY of what the new hardware is capable of while you wait on the games.

far as launch games, at least with Xbox you're gonna be straight, just get games pass and you'll have 200 games out the box with most of them seeing enhancements just off the raw power of what the system can do.

Sony is a little more tricky with their strategy we'll have to see how it all plays out
+7   

3 weeks ago '06        #31
xFMx ALCHEMiST 
space
space
Props total: 1426 1 K  Slaps total: 252 252
fu*k why the hell have i been buying GPUs and CPUs when all i needed was a slightly faster SSD?

/s
+9   

3 weeks ago '15        #32
donnyyy 
space
space
space
Props total: 7358 7 K  Slaps total: 1119 1 K
 OldBusiness said
The fact that its being overclocked and having to boost its way to the numbers they chose to go public with is misleading and fu*ked up. The system won't even be performing at those speeds most of the time1, for instance that 10.2 teraflop number is really going to be 9.2-9.5 for the majority of the generation and first party titles at the end of the consoles life cycle are going to be the ones to tap into that power years down the road.

When Microsoft is promising 12.1tflops locked out the gate.

That speedy SSD is going to become a headache when it comes to pricing because that could be the reason they eat a nice loss per system sold, or they enter at a less than competitive price point.

Microsoft won the spec war. Its no way to spin it, but Sonys gonna have to come out swinging with those games.

And that backwards compatibility sh*t is disgusting. They had a whole generatioj to get it right and instead they put on their usual arrogant face and said fu*k it and now theyre playing catch up by doing sh*t Microsoft was doing 5+ years ago. Successful Sony has always been meh, its when theyre down/out and hungry that they shine.
They both did the same thing with backwards compatibility

This was the X1 from the 360

So guys let that go... shoot, most dudes up in arms dont even play those old games anyway.
+1   

3 weeks ago '07        #33
KeepinItTrill 
space
space
Props total: 37322 37 K  Slaps total: 2782 2 K
 KdenIII said
they better open up the checkbook and buy a bunch more studios or be releasing a ps5 pro along with the sh*t.

I could tell Sony themselves know they fu*ked up. Cerny giving a spiel about tflops not being the end all be all was enough evidence for me to see that. also waiting until Microsoft showed their hand so they could think of the best way to spin this.

we do know that Sony's talented first party studios will make do with this underwhelming system but still Sony slipping
Microsoft got humbled this gen and if what Sony has done with fumbling the PS5 reveal being any kind of indicator then they'll get humbled this next gen

win-win for gamers that don't stan these companies
+14   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '04        #34
cuzjuan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 5415 5 K  Slaps total: 2359 2 K
 Swade009 said

Because the SSD can hold the memory of textures I/O throughput might make games run better on the PS5.

The PS5 may have actually won and that's why devs have been saying the PS5 is special.

EDIT
Wow it seems like the PS5 might be superior console graphics wise.

everybody is forgetting about MLA (machine learning algorithm)
that series X can use very low quality textures and up-res them on the fly...

but what does that mean?

it means the lower bandwidth i/o of the SSD makes hardly a difference because the files streaming i/o of the HD wont be as big as they will be with SONy, thus less traffic then less lanes needed ie. lower bandwidth needed to receive and send info.. adding the raw power of the series X.. it wont be an issue!

even the blog site that covered this a week ago COREY BALROG stated this and that no one else has this tech. which they did allude to nex gen games on XSX possibly being smaller in GB than current gen games...

2nd, the demo on digital foundry avg. 6 sec loading times, on GAMES THAT WERENT OPTIMIZED FOR FAST LOADING... that just what it can do when u put in any game... they were all cold booted and not already loaded into memory like spiderman was for sony while demonstrating fast travel load times....

but dont take my word for it...

phill said series X is the most balanced console.. why would it make sense to call it that if the loading wasnt equivalent to the power if you think its so lacking

xbox has delivered on all promises since phill took over, im betting that everything they say XSX will be, it will do!

Last edited by cuzjuan; 03-19-2020 at 02:11 AM..
+5   

3 weeks ago '16        #35
Itsjustmefools  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 5299 5 K  Slaps total: 3835 3 K
Not falling for it this time Sony

I’m going Xbox or building a decent px if multiplayer chat is available

I’m tired of Sony gaming is every time a new box come out. Not this time!

Xbox stomps over the ps4 right now I’m all ways. The Xbox is so much smoother and fluid during game play then the ps4

So for me

1.build a pc if I can get cross chat

2. Xbox series x

Ps4 I’m getting rid of
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '04        #36
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
Yeah, I can't say I'm as excited as I am with the Series X. Granted it's still powerful but here are my concerns.

1. It will use "certified off the shelf NVME drives that don't exist and might not be available at launch. Which the the massive size the games will take up that tiny 825 GB drive, you might only be able to have 4-5 games installed.

2. It's boost clock is lower than the Series X base clock. That means if it thermal throttles it could suffer even more in performance.

3. Only 100 PS4 games are backwards compatible at launch. Forget about the PS1 2 and 3 games, only 100 PS4 games at launch is unacceptable.

I know this showing was for devs but as a consumer when most of your presentation is about the SSD that's not confidence inspiring.
anybody that knows tech, this is their concerns as well.. that sh*t gonna run hot hot hot!! might blow the fu*k up!!! its the same mistake the 360 made, rushing product to market to beat out the ps3 and look what happend?

rumour has it, that the reason they took so long to talk about specs is because they had to boost their clocks as rumoured they would after the series X was revealed, so their clocks are massively pushing the boundaries of what the chip can do and thus the reason for variable processing.. i bet if you averaged out the performance we'd see it was closer to the rumoured 9.2tflops, which makes sense because how could the rumours that got everything right with the series X specs get one thing wrong with the ps5 specs.. and that one thing is the clock speed.. cause we already knew the SSd was slightly faster spec wise, but not necessarily in performance..

it's starting to make more sense now, and thanks to the delusion of the sony stans i would have never looked into it.. but im glad i did cause now the picture is starting to come together all because some cant just let facts be facts... even though playstation has done wonders with less power in the past..

same thing yall trying to cover up is the same thing that gonna k*ll the delusion they try so hard to keep portraying, and it's sad frankly.

Last edited by cuzjuan; 03-19-2020 at 03:09 AM..
+4   

3 weeks ago '04        #37
Ra-da-god 
space
space
Props total: 5160 5 K  Slaps total: 578 578
 donnyyy said
They both did the same thing with backwards compatibility

This was the X1 from the 360

So guys let that go... shoot, most dudes up in arms dont even play those old games anyway.
true, the issue is Sony was silent all this time, if they knew this was going to be the case they should have got ahead of it, I do play old games and I'm mad disappointed we not getting that Library love, Playstation has one of the greatest libraries ever and with the new hardware actually making game look and play better, I'm sorry this is one Sony had to nail I'm still buying it day one but I'm salty
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '04        #38
space
space
 dblockallday said
someone explain how these consoles are going to be sub 1k if they're so powerful and if so can a computer be built at that price? or at they not going to make money on console sales?
bulk buying, and R&D to build their own proprietary devices... thus since they invented it they can set the price point ie. MLA (machine learning), DX ray tracing, making their own custom chips (which sony didnt do).

so some of this tech some PC's or NO Pc's even have the tech.. so since they invented it, there's no price set for it thus they can set their own price

all those things contribute to lower cost of final product but buyin in BULK prolly amounts to 50% decrease in prices of materials in the ram, SSD, gpu and chipset..

which is where the bulk of the cost comes from in either console
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '04        #39
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
*bookmarks thread*

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '04        #40
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
We would get those multi plats on PC if we’re looking for power

u
can
not
build
a
pc
that
can
do
what
the
series
x
can
do
at
this
price
point.
could
barely
do it
with
the
x1x
and
wont
be
able
to
do
it
with
xsx
for
atleast
another
2-3 years,
but sure
go and
build
that
pc
for
atleast
1500$
and
im
low
balling it!

Last edited by cuzjuan; 03-19-2020 at 03:19 AM..
+6   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '04        #41
space
space
 Cuttysark said
Or

Let Sony take the L on this and by both

One dont have to be better than the other

Both will have their strengths and weaknesses
these sony stans forget playstation are wizards at making what ever resource they have to work with do amazing things, iono why that cant be enuff for them?

xbox found the winning ticket in x1x and started working on the series X since 2016... they need to give props where it's due!
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '04        #42
space
space
 Ra-da-god said
true, the issue is Sony was silent all this time, if they knew this was going to be the case they should have got ahead of it, I do play old games and I'm mad disappointed we not getting that Library love, Playstation has one of the greatest libraries ever and with the new hardware actually making game look and play better, I'm sorry this is one Sony had to nail I'm still buying it day one but I'm salty
well @ seems to think sony wont need BC because you can make any game u want in dreams....

so i guess, if it were left up to him BC for sony will be ready by the launch of PS6, the earliest
+4   

3 weeks ago '17        #43
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 86280 86 K  Slaps total: 5349 5 K
 cuzjuan said
anybody that knows tech, this is their concerns as well.. that sh*t gonna run hot hot hot!! might blow the fu*k up!!! its the same mistake the 360 made, rushing product to market to beat out the ps3 and look what happend?

rumour has it, that the reason they took so long to talk about specs is because they had to boost their clocks as rumoured they would after the series X was revealed, so their clocks are massively pushing the boundaries of what the chip can do and thus the reason for variable processing.. i bet if you averaged out the performance we'd see it was closer to the rumoured 9.2tflops, which makes sense because how could the rumours that got everything right with the series X specs get one thing wrong with the ps5 specs.. and that one thing is the clock speed.. cause we already knew the SSd was slightly faster spec wise, but not necessarily in performance..

it's starting to make more sense now, and thanks to the delusion of the sony stans i would have never looked into it.. but im glad i did cause now the picture is starting to come together all because some cant just let facts be facts... even though playstation has done wonders with less power in the past..

same thing yall trying to cover up is the same thing that gonna k*ll the delusion they try so hard to keep portraying, and it's sad frankly.
And that's why the Series X is designed the way it is. Ms of all people know about heat issues and personally I like the simplistic look and smart design of the Series X.
+5   

3 weeks ago '12        #44
Faythung 
space
space
Props total: 10748 10 K  Slaps total: 853 853

I've read some dumb sh*t in my time here but this is up there.

Last edited by Faythung; 03-19-2020 at 03:16 AM..
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '04        #45
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
And that's why the Series X is designed the way it is. Ms of all people know about heat issues and personally I like the simplistic look and smart design of the Series X.
you try to tell these fu*kers dont wake the sleeping giant...

but they too busy selling off buildings trying to find the money for cooling systems to notice that the GIANT has awoken!

xbox aint fu*king around this time, which gives me great confidence that they aint fu*king around with their games either!
+2   

3 weeks ago '11        #46
Blokka Blokka 
space
space
Props total: 6975 6 K  Slaps total: 2393 2 K
 cuzjuan said
well @ seems to think sony wont need BC because you can make any game u want in dreams....

so i guess, if it were left up to him BC for sony will be ready by the launch of PS6, the earliest
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #47
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 19714 19 K  Slaps total: 4563 4 K
Yup, i'm buying PS5

3 weeks ago '18        #48
Raymon 
space
space
space
Props total: 220 220  Slaps total: 19 19
Man they should be putting in more storage, my PS4 only has one game. COD taking my whole memory which is bullsh*t cause everything to install and updates takes hours on hours. I'm getting close to the point where I won't even be able to update COD 😒
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '17        #49
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45865 45 K  Slaps total: 11662 11 K
 cuzjuan said

u
can
not
build
a
pc
that
can
do
what
the
series
x
can
do
at
this
price
point.
could
barely
do it
with
the
x1x
and
wont
be
able
to
do
it
with
xsx
for
atleast
another
2-3 years,
but sure
go and
build
that
pc
for
atleast
1500$
and
im
low
balling it!
I have that PC already, since you know, you can do more than play games and mixer on a PC. So yea, I'm not gonna buy a machine because its second best at playing multiplats, I'm gonna buy the one that's third with better exclusives. I'll buy the Series X one day I have absolutely nothing to do to play Forza 18 and k*ller Instinct 2. I'm not a broke boy that cant afford to game on PC. Apparently most of you BX ballers are tho

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '17        #50
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45865 45 K  Slaps total: 11662 11 K
 cuzjuan said

Yall getting a machine this powerful to boast about BC I love when you guys write the jokes for me

ADVERTISEMENT
top in section
+26
  Video inside Tracy Morgan Wild As Fuk
top in movies
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+229online now  62
Looool The sh-t people are wearing as DIY masks has me dead yo!
142 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+210online now  36
Well, one of us has covid-19.
409 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+79online now  28
Video inside Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1990 full movie
58 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-53online now  12
Image(s) inside Bhad Bhabie has completed her transformation to enter the African Amer..
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy