Microsoft details changes for Xbox Series X wireless controller

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

3 weeks ago '09        #1
2079 page views
74 comments

Tiko377 
space
space
Props total: 14776 14 K  Slaps total: 1534 1 K
Microsoft details changes for Xbox Series X wireless controller

Here’s what to expect from the next-gen controller

On Monday, Microsoft revealed a whole bunch of new details on its next-generation console, the Xbox Series X — full specs, tech demos, and details on the new wireless controller.

The console is expected to be released in holiday 2020, and with it, players will get a new controller, which is said to be improved upon the Xbox One controller “in smart, revolutionary ways.” Microsoft outlined the controller’s details in an interview with Xbox senior designer Ryan Whitaker.

Whitaker said the Xbox team designed the new controller with inclusivity in mind: “improved ergonomics for a wider range of people, better cross-device connectivity, easier sharing, and reduced latency.”

The new controller should fit more hand sizes — “especially smaller hands,” Whitaker said. Bumpers have been rounded, triggers reduced, and grips sculpted for better accessibility. The new D-pad, too, is designed with the intent to boost “performance and accessibility,” according to the designer.

“When looking at the wide range of game genres and personal playstyles today, the D-pad is used in a lot of different ways,” Whitaker said. “The slightly deeper dish gives your thumb a nice little ‘home’ to sit in. The angles are finely tuned to give you a good amount of leverage with minimal movement.”

Likewise, the new controller will work with the Xbox One, too — but also with PC, Android, and iOS. It’ll “remember” devices to make switching between easier, Microsoft said. A USB-C port is available for charging and playing.

Microsoft also shared more information about the new controller’s share button — announced in December — which is placed right below the big ol’ Xbox button. It’ll be used to take screenshots and record video without opening up menus. “Then you can easily access and share content with your social platforms or directly with friends,” Whitaker said.

The Xbox Series X — and its controller — is slated a holiday 2020 release date.

visit this link https://www.polygon.com/2 .. r-holiday-2020

+16   

best
worst
74 comments

3 weeks ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45787 45 K  Slaps total: 11617 11 K
Wish they would just do a regular dpad

3 weeks ago '05        #3
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
Props total: 48739 48 K  Slaps total: 7338 7 K
Built in rechargeable battery for starters and better Bluetooth connectivity.

The current Xbox One controller disconnects randomly from my PC constantly losing Bluetooth connection.
+4   

3 weeks ago '17        #4
G Matic 
space
space
Props total: 2634 2 K  Slaps total: 1533 1 K
Wish they had the green theme back
+3   

3 weeks ago '05        #5
HARBINGER 
space
space
Props total: 18074 18 K  Slaps total: 6070 6 K
why isnt this sh*t bluetooth? I need to figure out my headphone situation

3 weeks ago '07        #6
KeepinItTrill 
space
space
Props total: 37293 37 K  Slaps total: 2776 2 K
 HARBINGER said
why isnt this sh*t bluetooth? I need to figure out my headphone situation
To start, even if you don't buy an Xbox Series X at launch, you'll be able to use the controller with your current Xbox One console. Moreover, it will work with existing Xbox One accessories like Microsoft's first-party chatpad. Thanks to the addition of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) support, it will also be easier to pair the controller with PC, Android and iOS devices. For charging, it features a USB-C port.

+4   

3 weeks ago '13        #7
mrslyyy 
space
space
Props total: 3397 3 K  Slaps total: 361 361
 Micheal C. Will said
Built in rechargeable battery for starters and better Bluetooth connectivity.

The current Xbox One controller disconnects randomly from my PC constantly losing Bluetooth connection.
Not having a built in battery of better in the long run. Don't have to worry about your battery degrading and making your controller die quickly after a few years. Buy some rechargeable eneloops from Amazon for like 20 bucks
+8   

3 weeks ago '05        #8
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 mrslyyy said
Not having a built in battery of better in the long run. Don't have to worry about your battery degrading and making your controller die quickly after a few years. Buy some rechargeable eneloops from Amazon for like 20 bucks
I have PS4 as well and I never had a problem with my Dualshock.

So I'm not sure where you coming up with that infomation.

3 weeks ago '17        #9
DrOTGenesis 
space
space
space
Props total: 3859 3 K  Slaps total: 606 606
So the real question is ps5 or the new Xbox. I’m not a huge gamer. I play a lot of fifa, sometimes cod and occasionally some other games. Have had Xbox since it’s inception and PlayStation up until Ps3 and never went back. What do y’all recommend?
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #10
SFamilyRep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 58716 58 K  Slaps total: 7498 7 K
 drotgenesis said
so the real question is ps5 or the new xbox. I’m not a huge gamer. I play a lot of fifa, sometimes cod and occasionally some other games. Have had xbox since it’s inception and playstation up until ps3 and never went back. What do y’all recommend?
ps5

3 weeks ago '05        #11
HARBINGER 
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said
To start, even if you don't buy an Xbox Series X at launch, you'll be able to use the controller with your current Xbox One console. Moreover, it will work with existing Xbox One accessories like Microsoft's first-party chatpad. Thanks to the addition of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) support, it will also be easier to pair the controller with PC, Android and iOS devices. For charging, it features a USB-C port.

do you have recommendations for headphones? what do you use?

3 weeks ago '05        #12
HARBINGER 
space
space
 SFamilyRep said
ps5
controller feels like a*s
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #13
DrOTGenesis 
space
space
space
Props total: 3859 3 K  Slaps total: 606 606
 HARBINGER said
Yeah that has been my argument with the ps4 Xbox one. Even though the ps4 is better overall, the controller feels so light and weird. Idk just my opinion, the Xbox controller is more comfortable.
+5   

3 weeks ago '17        #14
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 25299 25 K  Slaps total: 4347 4 K
 Micheal C. Will said

Bruh thats what rechargeable batteries do.. such as the one in your phone or bluetooth speakers and such... they hold a great charge at 1st then months later its like your battery constantly drained or your speaker gets to the point where it needs to stay plugged in to work

Im pretty sure theres science to back this up but its not even that serious

Last edited by Lite; 03-18-2020 at 08:16 AM..

3 weeks ago '19        #15
Luka Doncic 
space
space
Props total: 7303 7 K  Slaps total: 1614 1 K
Am I the only one that misses the touch pad PS4 had, plus the fact the controller had a sensor in it added to games like Until Dawn

3 weeks ago '05        #16
HARBINGER 
space
space
 DrOTGenesis said
Yeah that has been my argument with the ps4 Xbox one. Even though the ps4 is better overall, the controller feels so light and weird. Idk just my opinion, the Xbox controller is more comfortable.
the ps4 is better?
+5   

3 weeks ago '17        #17
TROY 
space
space
Props total: 8768 8 K  Slaps total: 692 692
I always said Xbox > ps

But I’m tired of Xbox now honestly

I think I’ll get the ps5 when it goes on sale. Even tho I don’t play much anymore and just use it for entertainment and the occasional cod4 match here and there

Does ps have an App Store for downloads too? Dumb question I know

3 weeks ago '18        #18
SFamilyRep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 58716 58 K  Slaps total: 7498 7 K
 HARBINGER said
You haven’t even used the PS5 controller yet to say it feels like a*s. And frankly I like the way an a*s feels so idk what you mean by that g
+2   

3 weeks ago '07        #19
KeepinItTrill 
space
space
Props total: 37293 37 K  Slaps total: 2776 2 K
 HARBINGER said
do you have recommendations for headphones? what do you use?
depends on if you want wired or wireless

I have those

but if you want wireless the Arctis 9x are the best ones out there

3 weeks ago '17        #20
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Wish they would just do a regular dpad
3 slaps for saying this

Bout to make ya have a slapathon in a couple hours, trust
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #21
space
space
 Lite said
Bruh thats what rechargeable batteries do.. such as the one in your phone or bluetooth speakers and such... they hold a great charge at 1st then months later its like your battery constantly drained or your speaker gets to the point where it needs to stay plugged in to work

I've had my PS4 since launch with the same controller.

Months later lol yall n*ggas say anything.

My boy's SixAxis still works for crying out loud

3 weeks ago '05        #22
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 Lite said

Your way off on a different topic, I just simply stated that I rather have the battery built in versus not having it built in

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 03-18-2020 at 08:55 AM..
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #23
Chuck_Remixed 
space
space
Props total: 10448 10 K  Slaps total: 456 456
Seems cool for the most part although I don't know about the dpad. Besides how good it may or may not perform, the location has always bothered me with the controller making it even more uncomfortable to use playing f*ghting games. I'd rather it be where the left analog stick is. Which presents another problem, I like my sticks asymmetrical like the xbox controller rather than symmetrical like the Dualshock. Both problems are solved by the Astro C40 but I just can't work up the courage to spend that much on a controller.

Kinda went away from the topic regarding this specific controller lol. Anyways the share button is definitely going to be a welcomed change. The use of the battery is always debatable.
+1   

3 weeks ago '13        #24
mrslyyy 
space
space
Props total: 3397 3 K  Slaps total: 361 361
 Micheal C. Will said

Literally every battery ever made degrades and loses charge over time. The dualshock 4 had low battery life to begin with I had to charge mine after a few hours of playing when I had my ps4
+3   

3 weeks ago '05        #25
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 mrslyyy said
Literally every battery ever made degrades and loses charge over time. The dualshock 4 had low battery life to begin with I had to charge mine after a few hours of playing when I had my ps4
And with all that said, I still prefer the rechargeable battery built in so

I really don't care about degradation of the battery and quite frankly it was never my point.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  24
YaYa Mayweather Potentially Being Charged With Murder... Girl In Critic..
278 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-18online now  21
Image(s) inside The rest of the world wondering why NY has so many Covid Cases
85 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  7
Gay bros trollin Rich the Kid's IG live hard
39 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+346online now  7
Image(s) inside Apr 4 - I’ve lost 3 family members to Coronavirus this week...
176 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy