what do you really think of the telsa model 3. honest opinions only

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

What do you think of the Tesla Model 3 looks
Sexy af. I want one. 77 66.96%
Corny af. Leave it to the tech nerds. 27 23.48%
I'm just trolling & shyt 11 9.57%
Voters: 115.   (BX member poll)

1 month ago '05        #51
FalconBuddha 
space
space
Props total: 5280 5 K  Slaps total: 807 807
 Coke Hogan said
12 hours to charge????? Lmao
That's only if you're at 0% and you're charging up to 100, which rarely ever happens, infact it's only happened once to me in almost a year, and in that scenario 12 hrs is more like 8hr if you have a an actual charger like the Tesla wall charger hooked up to a 60a breaker

I drive 70 miles round trip to work and back and when I get home, I plug in (have the Tesla wall connector installed) and it usually takes about an hour and a half to get back to where I started the day with
+2   

1 month ago '05        #52
SupaMann 
space
space
Props total: 2355 2 K  Slaps total: 98 98
i hate the way they look
+2   

1 month ago '19        #53
jordanair45 
space
space
Props total: 3450 3 K  Slaps total: 773 773
 shooter said
Not the S instead?
A looks too old

But I wouldn’t mind a used S if they brought back free supercharging

1 month ago '18        #54
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 17501 17 K  Slaps total: 1823 1 K
Model Y has more than 4x the cargo space as the Model 3

1 month ago '05        #55
nawtyxes 
space
space
Props total: 1767 1 K  Slaps total: 207 207
i think highly enough of it to order one two weeks ago...delivery in 4-5 weeks
+1   

1 month ago '04        #56
nitetrain8601 
space
space
Props total: 8541 8 K  Slaps total: 1783 1 K
It's a no from me. The front end looks ugly as fu*k to me. All Tesla front ends look like trash. Cybertruck would be the only go from me. As far as reliability and reviews, consumer reports rates about 12 cars higher in the same segment.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #57
nitetrain8601 
space
space
 Mr X said
My Model 3 gets more looks than any i8

Anyone that doesn't drive a Tesla doesn't experience the greatest driving experience available on our planet

Model 3 is more than amazing. It's a spaceship that you use to navigate the roads of the earth. Autopilot is amazing as well

Anyone that drives one wants to buy one. All it takes is a test drive and you are sold

Best car in all categories. And I just charged my car for free at a Supercharger (Free charging for 2 years)

Yes I drive my Tesla for free

It's 2020, any car that requires going to the gas station to fuel is archaic.

+ tail pipes emit cancerous emissions that humans breathe in (your family, kids, friends, we all live and breathe on this planet)

Exhaust notes are a thing of the past as well

Silence is the best. Makes the sound system bump even harder
Eh. I'm with you on a lot of points, but the front end is ugly, the charging makes it a no go as a primary whip, and I honestly hate all of the automation to be honest. Everyone I know struggles driving rental cars because of the cars not braking for them.

You have it a great look and I think the color scheme does it for most people

1 month ago '06        #58
anseltmchs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 1286 1 K  Slaps total: 239 239
 FalconBuddha said
That's only if you're at 0% and you're charging up to 100, which rarely ever happens, infact it's only happened once to me in almost a year, and in that scenario 12 hrs is more like 8hr if you have a an actual charger like the Tesla wall charger hooked up to a 60a breaker

I drive 70 miles round trip to work and back and when I get home, I plug in (have the Tesla wall connector installed) and it usually takes about an hour and a half to get back to where I started the day with
Only takes 6 hours to fully charge mine at home. 35 mi/hr with 40amp charger
+1   

1 month ago '17        #59
Lazy 
space
space
space
Props total: 13331 13 K  Slaps total: 1596 1 K
 shooter said
What mods u do? Just a wrap and wheels?

I'm not really buying the environmental benefits of Tesla tho because they have to r*pe Africa for the material to make the batteries.
All car and tech companies r*pe Africa

It's difficult to live a modern life under those boycott conditions

1 month ago '13        #60
Phenom354 
space
space
Props total: 17540 17 K  Slaps total: 1807 1 K
Ordering a white on white Performance 3 with the dark gray wheels in a few months

Test drove the performance a few weeks ago and that acceleration is so quick hits you in the chest lol

1 month ago '06        #61
Be Easy 
space
space
Props total: 10143 10 K  Slaps total: 1330 1 K
love it but for 60k I’d get the new vette
+3   

1 month ago '13        #62
Phenom354 
space
space
Props total: 17540 17 K  Slaps total: 1807 1 K
 Be Easy said
love it but for 60k I’d get the new vette
You wouldn't be wrong for that.

But you'll likely be getting a base vette. The one to get is with a few options at like 75k.

Anyway I have two kids so the wife wouldn't let me get the Vette

1 month ago '04        #63
KURUPTION!!! 
space
space
Props total: 1627 1 K  Slaps total: 175 175
They're fine. The interior, like every Tesla is dope as fu*k. I wanted one for a minute but they're kind of small and compared to other whips in that price range, unless you REALLY want a Tesla, I'd look elsewhere. The Model S is the way to go.
+1   

1 month ago '10        #64
bencraige  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 390 390  Slaps total: 45 45
Did you install the charger or have an electrician to do it? Does it install to your electrical box in the home?

FalconBuddha said
If you've driven one, you'll love it, especially if you get the dual motor or performance model

I went back and forth for a year about it and was debating between that and a Audi s5 sportback....then I went and test drove it (dual motor, couldn't pull the trigger on the performance model).... No turning back after that. So much fun to drive, so much tech.... And that instant power??

It's hard to explain the kick from flooring that, but I've had a hemi charger (08) and a gt mustang ('99) and neither come close to the power of this when I floor it, best way to describe it is it's like a roller coaster taking off, just instant torque that whips you back

I loved the S5 SB, but in the end, I couldn't justify how much more the S5 cost (Audi's sticker was 5k higher, model 3 still had about 6800 in rebates and the S5 would easily cost me 300 a month in gas with my far daily commute), especially considering the model 3 was more fun to drive and had better tech

I get the rep of it not being a s*xy car or "big boy toy" or whatever, but doesn't matter one bit to me, it's fun, looks good and fast af... Works for me!

I will say though, don't get it if you don't own a house\townhouse where you can install a home charger. Only using public stations\work\super chargers is a pain in the a*s. It's fine as a secondary option, but if that's all you have, you'll end up hating it. Luckily for me I have a house and was able to install a charger so I leave my house every morning with a full charge.

1 month ago '05        #65
FalconBuddha 
space
space
 bencraige said
Did you install the charger or have an electrician to do it? Does it install to your electrical box in the home?
Had an electrician do it, I don't know sh*t when it comes to electrical wiring and would of fried myself lol

He wired it right into the side of the garage next to the breaker
+2   

1 month ago '07        #66
PurpleKush 
space
space
Props total: 6560 6 K  Slaps total: 1659 1 K
so anybody have any problems with their telsa yet.
+2   

1 month ago '10        #67
space
space
space
 FalconBuddha said
Had an electrician do it, I don't know sh*t when it comes to electrical wiring and would of fried myself lol

He wired it right into the side of the garage next to the breaker
Same here. I’m ok with breakers n sh*t. But my first and middle name is Benjamin Franklin and I’ll be damned if I die with something to do with electricity my G. Hell naw! Have you experienced and reliability issues or are there little nuances that pop up that bug you?
Sorry to bug you with questions I’m on the fence with pulling the trigger for a used one. So far I’ve read that they’ve been very reliable.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #68
FalconBuddha 
space
space
 bencraige said
Same here. I’m ok with breakers n sh*t. But my first and middle name is Benjamin Franklin and I’ll be damned if I die with something to do with electricity my G. Hell naw! Have you experienced and reliability issues or are there little nuances that pop up that bug you?
Sorry to bug you with questions I’m on the fence with pulling the trigger for a used one. So far I’ve read that they’ve been very reliable.
No problem man, i was the same way, literally spent a year debating whether to get one

So im not gonna lie to you and say its been perfect, BUT, the issues i have had have all been very minor in retrospect. Nothing that effected the way car drove or stopped me from using it etc. The issues i had were little annoyances that seem to have been been cleared up for the most part

1 - I had rattling issues with mine when i got it. There was 3 big rattles that really bothered me, 2 of which were fixed the first time i took it to tesla, the third, took a few trips. It was really annoying low pitch sound that sounded like it was coming from the passenger side door or from passenger pilar and was so annoying that i really start looking in to what i can do to replace the car or something hahah. In the end, took it to a different tesla service center and the guy there knew what it was right away and fixed it 5 mins, it was the plastic cover over the wheelwell. Wish they got it right away but in the end it was no big deal

2 - The spotify\slackr apps are somewhat unreliable and have issues where i get an error saying it cant connect or cant play song....Found the fix 95% of the time is to just switch inputs and switch back. Annoying but whatever. Its not that common, happens maybe once a month or so

3 - This one sounds major to people who dont own the car but i have had the screen reboot a few times while i was driving. People get freaked out when i say that because they just a*sume that its the entire brain of the car and that it just shutsdown without the screen or something, but thats not the case, the car drives normally when that happens, only thing is while its rebooting you cant see your speed and you cant use autopilot. the 3 times its happened to me, its kinda been my fault i think, i usually have autopilot on and open up the web browser to check sports scores or something and go to espn and try clicking stuff before the page is fully loaded, probably overloading the system thats likely not meant to handle that. It freaked me out the first time, but once i realized that the car still runs just fine, i was ok with it. And thats only happened a couple times in the year ive owned it and hasnt happened in 6months so maybe it was fixed with one of the monthly updates

I know that sound bad, but you have to remember, the car is basically a computer with wheels, and like any computer, there are little glitches here and there. Just like when you go get the newest phone or something, brand new, top of the line, top specs etc... but still occasionally will have a program crash or the camera will have an issue etc

So even with those issues, its nothing that would stop me from recommending one, or would stop me from buying another one in the future
+4   

1 month ago '10        #69
space
space
space
Thanks man, that made me want one even more. Out side of the things fixed by Tesla everything else is just kinda “crawling before you walk” so to say.

FalconBuddha said
No problem man, i was the same way, literally spent a year debating whether to get one

So im not gonna lie to you and say its been perfect, BUT, the issues i have had have all been very minor in retrospect. Nothing that effected the way car drove or stopped me from using it etc. The issues i had were little annoyances that seem to have been been cleared up for the most part

1 - I had rattling issues with mine when i got it. There was 3 big rattles that really bothered me, 2 of which were fixed the first time i took it to tesla, the third, took a few trips. It was really annoying low pitch sound that sounded like it was coming from the passenger side door or from passenger pilar and was so annoying that i really start looking in to what i can do to replace the car or something hahah. In the end, took it to a different tesla service center and the guy there knew what it was right away and fixed it 5 mins, it was the plastic cover over the wheelwell. Wish they got it right away but in the end it was no big deal

2 - The spotify\slackr apps are somewhat unreliable and have issues where i get an error saying it cant connect or cant play song....Found the fix 95% of the time is to just switch inputs and switch back. Annoying but whatever. Its not that common, happens maybe once a month or so

3 - This one sounds major to people who dont own the car but i have had the screen reboot a few times while i was driving. People get freaked out when i say that because they just a*sume that its the entire brain of the car and that it just shutsdown without the screen or something, but thats not the case, the car drives normally when that happens, only thing is while its rebooting you cant see your speed and you cant use autopilot. the 3 times its happened to me, its kinda been my fault i think, i usually have autopilot on and open up the web browser to check sports scores or something and go to espn and try clicking stuff before the page is fully loaded, probably overloading the system thats likely not meant to handle that. It freaked me out the first time, but once i realized that the car still runs just fine, i was ok with it. And thats only happened a couple times in the year ive owned it and hasnt happened in 6months so maybe it was fixed with one of the monthly updates

I know that sound bad, but you have to remember, the car is basically a computer with wheels, and like any computer, there are little glitches here and there. Just like when you go get the newest phone or something, brand new, top of the line, top specs etc... but still occasionally will have a program crash or the camera will have an issue etc

So even with those issues, its nothing that would stop me from recommending one, or would stop me from buying another one in the future

1 month ago '18        #70
space
space
space
The long range model 3 now does 0-60 in 3.9secs. Thats BMW M3 range and not even the top Model 3.
+1   

1 month ago '18        #71
space
space
space
 bencraige said
Thanks man, that made me want one even more. Out side of the things fixed by Tesla everything else is just kinda “crawling before you walk” so to say.
Tesla the only car company I know of where every single owner says "I love it and you would too". 0 regrets.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #72
Mich510 
space
space
space
Props total: 88 88  Slaps total: 3 3
 Coke Hogan said
Worked on the pilot team for the model 3 in 2017 .... LOL. Coke heads snd blowjobs during lunch. Elon didn’t visit us once
I was talking to my boy the other day and he was telling me about his time at Tesla. Lots of coke aka chow and stupid dumb long crazy hours. He pulled several 24 hours shifts. I laughed my a*s off when he told me that after a 24 hour shift, Elon came in to check on the progress, looked at what they were doing for 5 seconds and walked away without saying anything

I hope that doesn't happen to me cause I submitted an application for a job at Tesla today
+1   

1 month ago '18        #73
space
space
space
I like the Model Y but Tesla usually fuks new models up for about the first 6 months before getting it together. Not about to be no guinea pig in a Model Y.

1 month ago '17        #74
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 108849 108 K  Slaps total: 11798 11 K
 nitetrain8601 said
Eh. I'm with you on a lot of points, but the front end is ugly, the charging makes it a no go as a primary whip, and I honestly hate all of the automation to be honest. Everyone I know struggles driving rental cars because of the cars not braking for them.

You have it a great look and I think the color scheme does it for most people

I still don't understand the complaints about the front end when car companies are putting out cars with Paul Wall grills nowadays

1 month ago '04        #75
nitetrain8601 
space
space
 justin747 said

I still don't understand the complaints about the front end when car companies are putting out cars with Paul Wall grills nowadays

Better than the pu**y lips on Teslas
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  10
LeBron can win every one on one match up in the NBA except this one
77 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now