what do you really think of the telsa model 3. honest opinions only

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+29  141
77 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

What do you think of the Tesla Model 3 looks
Sexy af. I want one. 77 66.96%
Corny af. Leave it to the tech nerds. 27 23.48%
I'm just trolling & shyt 11 9.57%
Voters: 115.   (BX member poll)

1 month ago '18        #1
4275 page views
105 comments

shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 17418 17 K  Slaps total: 1802 1 K
what do you really think of the telsa model 3. honest opinions only

On one hand the tech is fire, the performance model can outrun a ferrari off the line, nver buy gas again and its not hard on the eyes.

on the other hand, when you think about the type of s*xy vehicles you can select from at the $60k range, it kinda starts to feel weird pulling the trigger on this tesla. lookswise i wouldnt exactly call it a "big boy toy".

+11   

best
worst
105 comments

1 month ago '14        #2
familybuster 
space
space
space
Props total: 553 553  Slaps total: 51 51
Same. I want one because of the tech and insane mode, but that front end is weak as hell.
+10   

1 month ago '05        #3
FalconBuddha 
space
space
Props total: 5280 5 K  Slaps total: 807 807
If you've driven one, you'll love it, especially if you get the dual motor or performance model

I went back and forth for a year about it and was debating between that and a Audi s5 sportback....then I went and test drove it (dual motor, couldn't pull the trigger on the performance model).... No turning back after that. So much fun to drive, so much tech.... And that instant power??

It's hard to explain the kick from flooring that, but I've had a hemi charger (08) and a gt mustang ('99) and neither come close to the power of this when I floor it, best way to describe it is it's like a roller coaster taking off, just instant torque that whips you back

I loved the S5 SB, but in the end, I couldn't justify how much more the S5 cost (Audi's sticker was 5k higher, model 3 still had about 6800 in rebates and the S5 would easily cost me 300 a month in gas with my far daily commute), especially considering the model 3 was more fun to drive and had better tech

I get the rep of it not being a s*xy car or "big boy toy" or whatever, but doesn't matter one bit to me, it's fun, looks good and fast af... Works for me!

I will say though, don't get it if you don't own a house\townhouse where you can install a home charger. Only using public stations\work\super chargers is a pain in the a*s. It's fine as a secondary option, but if that's all you have, you'll end up hating it. Luckily for me I have a house and was able to install a charger so I leave my house every morning with a full charge.

Last edited by FalconBuddha; 02-24-2020 at 11:06 PM..
+23   

1 month ago '19        #4
Aquarella 
space
space
Props total: 2219 2 K  Slaps total: 841 841
Its not s*xy, I8's are s*xy, porsh panamera is s*xy, this is meh.
+8   

1 month ago '18        #5
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
space
 FalconBuddha said
If you've driven one, you'll love it, especially if you get the dual motor or performance model

I went back and forth for a year about it and was debating between that and a Audi s5 sportback....then I went and test drove it (dual motor, couldn't pull the trigger on the performance model).... No turning back after that. So much fun to drive, so much tech.... And that instant power??

It's hard to explain the kick from flooring that, but I've had a hemi charger (08) and a gt mustang ('99) and neither come close to the power of this when I floor it, best way to describe it is it's like a roller coaster taking off, just instant torque that whips you back

I loved the S5 SB, but in the end, I couldn't justify how much more the S5 cost (Audi's sticker was 5k higher, model 3 still had about 6800 in rebates and the S5 would easily cost me 300 a month in gas with my far daily commute), especially considering the model 3 was more fun to drive and had better tech

I get the rep of it not being a s*xy car or "big boy toy" or whatever, but doesn't matter one bit to me, it's fun, looks good and fast af... Works for me!

I will say though, don't get it if you don't own a house\townhouse where you can install a home charger. Only using public stations\work\super chargers is a pain in the a*s. It's fine as a secondary option, but if that's all you have, you'll end up hating it. Luckily for me I have a house and was able to install a charger so I leave my house every morning with a full charge.
I feel the same way. That torque is no joke. I actually rented one for a trip to convince my lady but it backfired on me being that we had to hit the super chargers about 3-4 times during the trip. So I ended up highlighting a limitation instead. I didn't think that through. It's too fun to drive and at some point a cat jumped into the street trying to cross in front of me that I didn't even see and the car safely hit the brakes FOR me so that I didn't run it over. I was sold at tht point. Not the s*xiest but maybe the right wheels and right color wrap wld do it.
+2   

1 month ago '11        #6
bkamagnum 
space
space
Props total: 1141 1 K  Slaps total: 293 293
way too expensive and basic interior. Love the tablet control design tho.
+6   

1 month ago '07        #7
Dane Van Rip 
space
space
Props total: 33 33  Slaps total: 0 0
Crazy I saw this.. I scheduled a test drive 2 weeks ago for this week and Iíve been in contact with them to trade-in my old 4 Series. I checked out Consumer Reports and they gave it a 80/Recommend rating, thatís pretty good. The video he had with the test drive he kinda sh*tted on the IPAD controls basically saying you canít do sh*t without it. He said the power was crazy and pushes you back when you punch it.. 12 hours to charge? They could of put a little more favor in the exterior but if itís fun to drive Iím going to order one.

+1   

1 month ago '11        #8
Coke Hogan 
space
space
Props total: 1306 1 K  Slaps total: 255 255
Worked on the pilot team for the model 3 in 2017 .... LOL. Coke heads snd blowjobs during lunch. Elon didn’t visit us once
+8   

1 month ago '11        #9
Coke Hogan 
space
space
12 hours to charge????? Lmao
+3   

1 month ago '14        #10
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 106412 106 K  Slaps total: 25791 25 K
thinking about getting the fiat 500e

or the golfe

go electric on a budget

but it's like 20 hours to charge not sure if I can wait that long

Last edited by strungout; 02-25-2020 at 09:07 AM..
+2   

1 month ago '19        #11
jordanair45 
space
space
Props total: 3446 3 K  Slaps total: 773 773
It’s the best thing I ever bought. I own one. Hands down. I charge mine for free at work though. But when I’m on the road it’s like $12 to charge 100% at a super charger to get me maybe 200-220 miles (depending )

Reliability of a corolla. (Or better )
Status symbol somewhat
Cheap overall ownership cost.
They hold their value the best.
Virtually no maintenance cost.
Fun to drive.

Just got my model 3 last August but I really wanted a Model Y. Going to probably sell this and get a performance model. Dual motors and performance versions will blow your fu*king mind. Acceleration is insane.
+8   

1 month ago '06        #12
d4deesnuts 
space
space
Props total: 6271 6 K  Slaps total: 582 582
 FalconBuddha said

Ive been seriously thinking about getting one too but what has me questioning are sh*t like sitting at a charger (even the tesla ones) cuz iím an impatient person, or having to plan long distant trips around the charging station locations which could be a pain if i needed to evacuate (live in fl), but yeah, i still really want an electric vehicle as my next car so weíll see.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #13
Lazy 
space
space
space
Props total: 13325 13 K  Slaps total: 1594 1 K
 bkamagnum said
way too expensive and basic interior. Love the tablet control design tho.
It's $35,000

Unless you're talking about the performance version
+3   

1 month ago '19        #14
Luka Doncic 
space
space
Props total: 7003 7 K  Slaps total: 1575 1 K
Next whip is for sure going to be electric, waiting to see how bad the price is going to be on the new electric hummers
+1   

1 month ago '17        #15
Lazy 
space
space
space
Props total: 13325 13 K  Slaps total: 1594 1 K
 Coke Hogan said
12 hours to charge????? Lmao
That figure comes from people charging at home with an extension cable through a dryer socket

With a powerwall at home it's less than half that time

With a supercharger you get 80% around 30 min
+3   

1 month ago '18        #16
space
space
space
 Dane Van Rip said
Crazy I saw this.. I scheduled a test drive 2 weeks ago for this week and I’ve been in contact with them to trade-in my old 4 Series. I checked out Consumer Reports and they gave it a 80/Recommend rating, that’s pretty good. The video he had with the test drive he kinda sh*tted on the IPAD controls basically saying you can’t do sh*t without it. He said the power was crazy and pushes you back when you punch it.. 12 hours to charge? They could of put a little more favor in the exterior but if it’s fun to drive I’m going to order one.

its also the safest car in the world and maintains its value more than any other new car purchase. its a smart buy all the way around 100%.

the 12 hours shouldnt matter much if ur charging it when u sleep but u would want to install a charger @ the house or get the building to install 1 if u rent.

ngas pulling the plug out the dryer to charge the whip. no.

1 month ago '11        #17
Coke Hogan 
space
space
 shooter said
its also the safest car in the world and maintains its value more than any other new car purchase. its a smart buy all the way around 100%.

the 12 hours shouldnt matter much if ur charging it when u sleep.
Who... the... fu*k... sleeps for 12 hours????
+7   

1 month ago '18        #18
space
space
space
 Coke Hogan said
Worked on the pilot team for the model 3 in 2017 .... LOL. Coke heads snd blowjobs during lunch. Elon didn’t visit us once
lmao this the funniest thing. u aint tell us nothing about the car, the tech nothing. just coke heads and blowjobs.

what u think bout the car? its build quality and all that? were u in the office or right on the a*sembly line seeing it all?
+7   

1 month ago '18        #19
space
space
space
 Coke Hogan said
Who... the... fu*k... sleeps for 12 hours????
lol i wrote too quickly thinking 2 things @ once.

what i really meant was who is unplugging the dryer to charge the car?

u get a charger @ the crib. 5-6 hrs tops.

1 month ago '05        #20
FalconBuddha 
space
space
Props total: 5280 5 K  Slaps total: 807 807
 shooter said
I feel the same way. That torque is no joke. I actually rented one for a trip to convince my lady but it backfired on me being that we had to hit the super chargers about 3-4 times during the trip. So I ended up highlighting a limitation instead. I didn't think that through. It's too fun to drive and at some point a cat jumped into the street trying to cross in front of me that I didn't even see and the car safely hit the brakes FOR me so that I didn't run it over. I was sold at tht point. Not the s*xiest but maybe the right wheels and right color wrap wld do it.
So for me, this wasnt my first EV so i kind of knew what to expect when it came to real world range and charging times, thats why i got this know it was strictly a daily commuter car with occasional short trips on weekends.

I knew that 310m range really meant 225-250 and that i wouldnt be taking long trips with it, but to me thats not a big deal, i very rarely take road trips, im talking maybe once or twice a year, if that, and so i didnt factor that into my decision because honestly, if im going long range, it either gives me a good excuse not to drive or ill have to rent a car for the weekend, neither of which is a big deal to me. So far in the 10months ive had the car, it hasnt come up once, as the longest ive gone in it was from east county san diego to LA airport, about 270m round trip, and i only spent about 20min charging on the way back and was able to get home. Now sure if i was driving to say the desert or vegas, sure id have issues and likely would rent a car, but considering how little i do that, didnt change my mind one bit

If you dont mind me asking, where did you go that you needed to stop 3-4 times?

jordanair45 said
Itís the best thing I ever bought. I own one. Hands down. I charge mine for free at work though. But when Iím on the road itís like $12 to charge 100% at a super charger to get me maybe 200-220 miles (depending )

Reliability of a corolla. (Or better )
Status symbol somewhat
Cheap overall ownership cost.
They hold their value the best.
Virtually no maintenance cost.
Fun to drive.

Just got my model 3 last August but I really wanted a Model Y. Going to probably sell this and get a performance model. Dual motors and performance versions will blow your fu*king mind. Acceleration is insane.
I kinda wish i got the performance model, but im more than happy with my dual motor. Kinda wish i waited for th Y as i really like the design and always like having hatchbacks, but i really needed a new car last year and couldnt afford to wait a year

im SO tempted to get the cybertruck though
+2   

1 month ago '11        #21
bkamagnum 
space
space
Props total: 1141 1 K  Slaps total: 293 293
 Lazy said
It's $35,000

Unless you're talking about the performance version
I know 2 people with one and they both ended up paying over $45,000 out the door.

I don't believe in taking out a loan on cars, so $35k-60k(depending on features) on a Model 3 is way too expensive to me.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #22
Pretty Tone 
space
space
Props total: 31669 31 K  Slaps total: 2749 2 K
If i didnt have a child to take care of i wouldve been bought that sh*t
+3   

1 month ago '12        #23
Dee352 
space
space
Props total: 2636 2 K  Slaps total: 218 218
The Model S looks way better this always looked like a soccer mom whip
+2   

1 month ago '04        #24
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 15570 15 K  Slaps total: 2016 2 K
I want one because tired of doing oil changes taking it to someone not reliable, inconsistent every time also tired of transmissions failing and them buwlshiet complexity on rebuilding one. sh*tty mechanical designs.
+5   

1 month ago '14        #25
BasedGawd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 13126 13 K  Slaps total: 1972 1 K
Electric cars aren't for me. I'm a road warrior that travels for a living, alot of times in rural areas with sh*tty roads.

The tech is cool but the model 3 just looks bi*ch made to me.
+4   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  100
Video inside Kooda B Goes On Ig Live After Being Released From Prison
35 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+52online now  33