This new THE WEEKND album is flames - does bx listen to good music anymore?

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
219 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '04        #26
Mike T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 42390 42 K  Slaps total: 6333 6 K
 PROV said
The album is no longer brand new tho

This aint the 90s or early 2000s anymore. After a week an album is no longer "brand new"

Shidd, after 3 days its no longer brand new

Yall n*ggas dont let music marinate anymore? You do know you dont have to move as fast as pop culture all the time. Just because 10 projects come out every other week. You can go back & listen to sh*t that you like. You sound like you're running on an infinite treadmill of music. I 100% get you, but I'm saying. You dont have to intake all the sh*t just to keep up each time.

2 weeks ago '04        #27
thetrapper 
space
space
space
Props total: 3370 3 K  Slaps total: 185 185
 Mike T said

Yall n*ggas dont let music marinate anymore? You do know you dont have to move as fast as pop culture all the time. Just because 10 projects come out every other week. You can go back & listen to sh*t that you like. You sound like you're running on an infinite treadmill of music. I 100% get you, but I'm saying. You dont have to intake all the sh*t just to keep up each time.
attention spans are shorter

this whole corona thing just really gave me time to listen some of these newer albums the last 2-3 months

music is in a microwave generation right now
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #28
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
space
space
Props total: 57530 57 K  Slaps total: 39820 39 K

+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #29
mista_millz 
space
space
Props total: 3605 3 K  Slaps total: 666 666
 48laws said
i got friends who feel the same way, but here's my thing

why do fans always want an artist to stay stagnant in their career? which artist who came out 10 years ago sounds the same? i applaud the growth, if he kept dropping albums that sounded like house of balloons people would say he was one dimensional
Agree

Thats the difference between The Weeknd and PartyNextDoor. It feels like PND's still is for teenage girls and boys that do the peace sign sideways across their face while doing a russian squat in the middle of the street.

As long as Weekend gives me a Reminder or Escape from LA type joint per album im greatful. The rest is not for me, but he hasnt forgotten about us.

2 weeks ago '04        #30
TrueWest_1 
space
space
Props total: 3272 3 K  Slaps total: 605 605
 92baby said
Itís not that good and I thought all his lead singles were hits especially after hours

After hours is a god damn super hit

Most tracks on there no energy and he not saying much at all

The beats are meh

Like Iím kinda disappointed
x2

tried to like it but its just not hitting
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #31
92baby 
space
space
Props total: 39908 39 K  Slaps total: 6172 6 K
 MrNobody said
I think the forced falsetto thing heís doing now is a nod to carti who he referenced in heartless.

Itís like a falsetto baby voice. I rock with it sometimes, but for a whole song (after hours)? Nah.

Iím still wrestling with this album. The sound takes itself too seriously and is way too grandiose all the time. Even the simple max martin melodies, while really good, ignore how melody is consumed today.

So in an attempt to reinvent the 80s, the album does it in a way that doesnít fully resonate.

Look at some of drakeís recent stuff, especially the Pain 1993 leak.

U donít gotta take us to the moon and back just to take us to the moon. Keep it simple.

Thatís my problem, the production on this album never put on a pair of basketball shorts. Abel def did, but then he was just in a room full of ppl in suits while wearing basketball shorts.

And ironically, he wasnít the one who looked ridiculous cause we all enjoy a cheeky punchline from Abel every now and then.

Production just looked at Abel like he was disrupting the class.

sh*t was plainly overproduced. We just want a cool beat, Abelís voice, his flippant lyrics, and maybe a synth breakdown. You donít gotta bring a whole spaceship wit u every single time to prove that youre an alien
Nah the album isnít overproduced in total some is under produced

Also Carti is going through something it seems

He might need rehab too
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #32
Simonsaid86 
space
space
Props total: 754 754  Slaps total: 173 173
Sounded like elevator music mostly.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #33
FireBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 40718 40 K  Slaps total: 9330 9 K
 PROV said
I think there is two arguments to make:

1) if he made every album sound identical to house of balloons it might hurt his mass appeal

2) if he tries too hard to appeal to the masses, it wont sound like house of balloons AT ALL

He needs to be somewhere in the middle I think
I listened to one of those songs off this album, and I can't listen to that bullsh*t

2 weeks ago '17        #34
PROV  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 66258 66 K  Slaps total: 14824 14 K
 FireBeats said
I listened to one of those songs off this album, and I can't listen to that bullsh*t
Blinding lights and after hours impressed me before the album drop. I would relisten to just those two if i were you....both fye to me and imo equal in quality to house of balloon era

2 weeks ago '16        #35
MrNobody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 13303 13 K  Slaps total: 3813 3 K
 92baby said
Nah the album isnít overproduced in total some is under produced

Also Carti is going through something it seems

He might need rehab too

Second half of the intro sound like a whole marching band, and I actually like it. So many melodic switch ups on a single track.

Personally, I like it. Iíve been that high before. That outro on Faith into Blinding Lights is quite an experience.

But when I hear stuff like that, i know itís limiting its reach and itís for a certain mood.

Hope carti gets well. Die Lit is a classic. Doesnít need to be a literal statement.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #36
92baby 
space
space
Props total: 39908 39 K  Slaps total: 6172 6 K
 MrNobody said
Second half of the intro sound like a whole marching band, and I actually like it. So many melodic switch ups on a single track.

Personally, I like it. Iíve been that high before. That outro on Faith into Blinding Lights is quite an experience.

But when I hear stuff like that, i know itís limiting its reach and itís for a certain mood.

Hope carti gets well. Die Lit is a classic. Doesnít need to be a literal statement.
Die lit and his first album mixed would be the best album of the decade

I went to his concert when die lit came out

When I tell you the n*gga ran Cancun then rip Fredo then rip fredo again

I had to go to the pits

Great fu*kin time
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds
ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+209online now  41
Apr 8 - Robert F Kennedy just called out Bill Gates on Instagram for vaccine s..
365 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+70online now  28
Image(s) inside Ever Find Your Homies Woman on Tinder
210 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  15
Image(s) inside Azealia Banks Threatens To Expose Busta Rhymes If Her Doesn't Clear Tr..
221 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Apr 9 - Just look how brainwashed young Chinese students are 💀
147 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy