Mar 26 - Trump defends $25 million in Kennedy Center funding in coronavirus stimulus

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
98 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '17        #1
444 page views
23 comments

Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 49168 49 K  Slaps total: 11256 11 K
Mar 26 - Trump defends $25 million in Kennedy Center funding in coronavirus stimulus

President Trump on Wednesday defended the inclusion of $25 million in funding for the Kennedy Center as part of the massive economic relief bill aimed at boosting small businesses and workers harmed by the fallout of the coronavirus.

Trump fashioned himself a supporter of the arts, arguing that the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is deserving of a*sistance given its inability to put on shows as officials ban large gatherings to try to curb the spread of the virus.

"Iím a fan of that," Trump said of the funding. "I havenít spent time there because Iím far too busy. Iíd love to go there evenings, but Iím too busy doing things."

"The Kennedy Center, they do a beautiful job, an incredible job," he added.

The president said an initial draft of the Senateís roughly $2 trillion economic package called for $35 million in aid for the performing arts center, a figure that was later decreased to $25 million.

Many conservatives have cited the funding as an example of unnecessary spending in a bill meant to immediately a*sist workers and small businesses upended by the coronavirus.

The Kennedy Center has a bipartisan board of trustees, which includes first lady Melania Trump.

The arts hub, located on the Potomac River in Washington, D.C., is among the businesses impacted by federal guidelines that have called for Americans to limit gatherings to 10 or more people. The mayor of Washington, D.C., has also ordered nonessential businesses to close to try to contain the virus outbreak.

"You couldn't go there if you wanted to," the president said. "If I wanted to go there tonight to look at 'Romeo and Juliet' ó Iíd love to see 'Romeo and Juliet' tonight. But you know what would happen? Sorry, 250 people or 50 people or whatever it might be down to."

The president and first lady have skipped attending the Kennedy Center Honors gala each of the past three years.

visit this link Source

The trailer park boys finna be mad.
+2   

best
worst
23 comments

2 weeks ago '16        #2
Aztlan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 52445 52 K  Slaps total: 6867 6 K
This one was really obvious. Never understood why the right wing trolls complained about this one.

They couldn't understand that the performing arts can't put on a show with no audience?
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #3
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
space
 Aztlan said
This one was really obvious. Never understood why the right wing trolls complained about this one.

They couldn't understand that the performing arts can't put on a show with no audience?
I honestly hate making generalizations in real life, I talk a lot of sh*t on here, but honestly a lot of trump supporters and right wing people are just boring a*s people. Their ideas of excitement are missionary s*x with the lights on and shooting a gun out in the woods. Those are about as creative as a lot of those people get. They don't appreciate culture or the arts, but they forgot trump is a big city boy so he has some appreciation for the arts.
+7   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #4
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
space
space
Props total: 57318 57 K  Slaps total: 39564 39 K

+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #5
space
space
space
 Big Tymerz said

Banger. I've worked with Nas a couple times. He's cool as fu*k.
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #6
Binary  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 11764 11 K  Slaps total: 15898 15 K
 Ymmot said
I've worked with Nas a couple times. He's cool as fu*k.

Tds really got you delusional as hell
@ come get ya mans bro

2 weeks ago '17        #7
space
space
space
 Binary said

Tds really got you delusional as hell
@ come get ya mans bro
I'm delusional because I worked with Nas? I don't get it. I was working at Chung King (2006-2008) when he recorded Hip Hop Is Dead. I was the a*sistant engineer on a couple tracks. I'm cool with Nas' manager Mike Brinkley. My boy, Gil Fuentes, was the one who lit the lighter and hit a blunt on the beginning of Blunt Ashes.

I used to work heavy in the music game, I still got a lot of connections. I used to work at Def Jam too.
+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #8
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 67987 67 K  Slaps total: 32558 32 K
 Ymmot said
I'm delusional because I worked with Nas? I don't get it. I was working at Chung King (2006-2008) when he recorded Hip Hop Is Dead. I was the a*sistant engineer on a couple tracks. I'm cool with Nas' manager Mike Brinkley. My boy, Gil Fuentes, was the one who lit the lighter and hit a blunt on the beginning of Blunt Ashes.

I used to work heavy in the music game, I still got a lot of connections. I used to work at Def Jam too.
Can you listen to my mixtape or pass it to someone? Itís not this bs rap now a days. More like hiphop poetry.
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #9
erickonasis 
space
space
Props total: 45609 45 K  Slaps total: 5737 5 K

+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #10
space
space
space
 Tha Boss said
Can you listen to my mixtape or pass it to someone? Itís not this bs rap now a days. More like hiphop poetry.
PM me. I'll check it out.
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #11
MemphisBleek 
space
space
Props total: 5450 5 K  Slaps total: 2499 2 K
I got a email from American Alliance of Museums. Cultural sites were lobbying for 5.5 billion.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #12
space
space
space
 MemphisBleek said
I got a email from American Alliance of Museums. Cultural sites were lobbying for 5.5 billion.
They're always gonna ask for more than they need.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '12        #13
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 96530 96 K  Slaps total: 6963 6 K
 Ymmot said

I remember you saying something about this and some other artist you've been in the studio with and I believe you.

Hell its quite a few people on here who have credits and are connected.
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '12        #14
OldBusiness 
space
space
 Ymmot said
They're always gonna ask for more than they need.

Aztlan said

Whats funny about Trump coming out in support of this money is this money was LITERALLY one of the things the republican trolls went to work crying about for the past few days.

I watched the senate deliberations on C-Span and more than 85% of the republicans who spoke reference this sh*t and said it was 'stupid and a waste and out of season'

These fools don't realize that alot of the sh*t in both bills that were proposed came directly from Trump and Mnunchin. Like the IRS 250 million in the bills...Steve Mnunchin called for that on the press conference the first day he annoucned a relief deal would get done. Trump was standing shoulder to shoulder with him cosigning

Then when it showed up in both bills, they chose to highlight it in nancys bill talking about shes trying to pay off the IRS when its LITERALLY what the whitehouse told them they needed for the IRS to function for the next 18 months

MemphisBleek said

5.5 Bn for a fu*king museum but n*ggas wanna tell us the government can't support the citizens, holy fu*k
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #15
MemphisBleek 
space
space
Props total: 5450 5 K  Slaps total: 2499 2 K
 OldBusiness said
Whats funny about Trump coming out in support of this money is this money was LITERALLY one of the things the republican trolls went to work crying about for the past few days.

I watched the senate deliberations on C-Span and more than 85% of the republicans who spoke reference this sh*t and said it was 'stupid and a waste and out of season'

These fools don't realize that alot of the sh*t in both bills that were proposed came directly from Trump and Mnunchin. Like the IRS 250 million in the bills...Steve Mnunchin called for that on the press conference the first day he annoucned a relief deal would get done. Trump was standing shoulder to shoulder with him cosigning

Then when it showed up in both bills, they chose to highlight it in nancys bill talking about shes trying to pay off the IRS when its LITERALLY what the whitehouse told them they needed for the IRS to function for the next 18 months

5.5 Bn for a fu*king museum but n*ggas wanna tell us the government can't support the citizens, holy fu*k
I believe all cultural sites in America.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #16
Skateboard T 
space
space
Props total: 56035 56 K  Slaps total: 7740 7 K
 Aztlan said

They never understood the money was specifically appropriated for specific uses. They all figured when Fox News tells them that X group got X dollars it was just a blank check to do whatever they wanted with it.

Like nah, that money is specifically for paying bills and employees. Nothing else.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '12        #17
OldBusiness 
space
space
 MemphisBleek said
I believe all cultural sites in America.
Got damn.

Man the documentaries and sh*t you find on youtube can go so deep about some of that sh*t in them museums that.....fu*k em

Although that one about the unnamed slaves in Alabama is a fu*king experience. if you haven't been, once this sh*t blows over you gotta go. You feel that sh*t in your heart fam
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #18
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 96134 96 K  Slaps total: 40172 40 K
 Ymmot said
I honestly hate making generalizations in real life, I talk a lot of sh*t on here, but honestly a lot of trump supporters and right wing people are just boring a*s people. Their ideas of excitement are missionary s*x with the lights on and shooting a gun out in the woods. Those are about as creative as a lot of those people get. They don't appreciate culture or the arts, but they forgot trump is a big city boy so he has some appreciation for the arts.
Forgot to mention they like cheating on their wives with other men and molesting lil boys

2 weeks ago '16        #19
space
space
 OldBusiness said
Got damn.

Man the documentaries and sh*t you find on youtube can go so deep about some of that sh*t in them museums that.....fu*k em

Although that one about the unnamed slaves in Alabama is a fu*king experience. if you haven't been, once this sh*t blows over you gotta go. You feel that sh*t in your heart fam

I remember the MET had an exhibit displaying gold artifacts from the America's. Wow. Amazing. I want my son to be able to see something like that and connect with the past.

And the African American museum in DC blew my mind as well. Some of the sh*t in there elicits tears.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #20
space
space
space
 Rule 336 said
Forgot to mention they like cheating on their wives with other men and molesting lil boys
If you say so.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '12        #21
OldBusiness 
space
space
 Aztlan said
I remember the MET had an exhibit displaying gold artifacts from the America's. Wow. Amazing. I want my son to be able to see something like that and connect with the past.

And the African American museum in DC blew my mind as well. Some of the sh*t in there elicits tears.
My brother took my niece to the one in DC, I'd never been

And that MET exhibit sounds dope

This one right here man:

I never cried in no museum before...hell I really don't about anything .. but when they start breaking things down and explaining it to you? It fu*ked me all the way up. We were in that bi*ch like babies lol

Those things that are hanging represent people..and they will detail how and why the individuals were murdered for instance
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #22
space
space
 OldBusiness said
My brother took my niece to the one in DC, I'd never been

And that MET exhibit sounds dope

This one right here man:

I never cried in no museum before...hell I really don't about anything .. but when they start breaking things down and explaining it to you? It fu*ked me all the way up. We were in that bi*ch like babies lol

Those things that are hanging represent people..and they will detail how and why the individuals were murdered for instance
sh*t is powerful man. The DC Museum will prolly make you feel the same.
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #23
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
space
space
Props total: 161116 161 K  Slaps total: 19782 19 K
 Aztlan said

isnt the kennedy family in the billionaire club

they dont need $25 million in corporate welfare

2 weeks ago '16        #24
space
space
 messy marv stan said
isnt the kennedy family in the billionaire club

they dont need $25 million in corporate welfare
Idk if they have anything to do with the current finances of the center or if they ever did. Could be named after the family simply because they donated or some sh*t.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+187online now  62
Apr 8 - Robert F Kennedy just called out Bill Gates on Instagram for vaccine s..
346 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+23online now  27
Shaq says Chris Webber was better than Tim Duncan
94 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+44online now  27
Apr 7 - Senate Democrats propose $25,000 hazard-pay plan for essential workers
85 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+265online now  18
Video inside ItsReal85 one of our true home grown talents, here are your flowers.
111 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy