ANIMAL Crossing New Horizons Thread

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x4   |  0 bx goons and 4 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 week ago '12        #26
GucciBoy347 
space
space
Props total: 2027 2 K  Slaps total: 433 433
i’m in dis hoe sw-7925-0310-9903

1 week ago '12        #27
GucciBoy347 
space
space
Props total: 2027 2 K  Slaps total: 433 433
 lilsnatch770 said
Feel the same way but at least I feel like the Sims was entertaining for a bit. This game seems like Stardew valley and I played that for a few weeks and then was like the fu*k am I doing here?

I a*sume I will get this eventually but was wondering what others were thinking and why this game is popular. Not even hating, just was legit wondering
you sound exactly how i sounded the last month or about the game lol i was like it looked lowkey boring but upon playing it i can say itís dope. early game kinda sucks right now since my equipment is trash

1 week ago '11        #28
Gamemusic 
space
space
Props total: 2988 2 K  Slaps total: 238 238
Who Ed 'O Bull lol? Man u know u gotta have proper Ac etiquette and bring your town fruit when u come to a new town lol. Dope the game has dreads now. Then came a long way from the of Ac on Gamecube.

6 days ago '17        #29
LazyLeg 
space
space
Props total: 6285 6 K  Slaps total: 336 336
Quick question for anyone playing it. When it says it'll be built tomorrow is it like actually tomorrow or go to sleep in game and wake up and it's built type of tomorrow? I just started earlier today and have paid off the debt and pretty much everything else just d*cking off trying to get enough points for the shovel
+1   

6 days ago '08        #30
gagethedesigner 
space
space
Props total: 1303 1 K  Slaps total: 313 313
 LazyLeg said
Quick question for anyone playing it. When it says it'll be built tomorrow is it like actually tomorrow or go to sleep in game and wake up and it's built type of tomorrow? I just started earlier today and have paid off the debt and pretty much everything else just d*cking off trying to get enough points for the shovel
The game uses real time so whenever they say "tomorrow" or "a couple of days", they mean it literally. The game is meant to be played in short burst daily, but if you want to keep making progress unlocking the major stuff you can just "time skip". I haven't time skipped myself so I can't tell you exactly how it works, but you basically just set your Switch's clock a day forward and it will take affect in the game. The next day always starts at 5am btw.
+1   

6 days ago '08        #31
gagethedesigner 
space
space
Depending on how Cyberpunk turns out, AC might be my GOTY. Coming home from a long day at work to chill and work on island feels so damn good. Didn't know how much I needed this game until it came out.
+5   

5 days ago '04        #32
vagangster 
space
space
space
Props total: 744 744  Slaps total: 82 82
I feel like I'm gonna be a servant to Tom Nook forever. Lol I owe them so many bells
+3   

5 days ago '08        #33
gagethedesigner 
space
space
 vagangster said
I feel like I'm gonna be a servant to Tom Nook forever. Lol I owe them so many bells
A decent flip I learned of today is to mass sell the "hot" item to Nook's Cranny. My item today was the "Mini DIY Workbench", selling for 5k each. I crafted about 20 of them and made 100k+.
+1   

5 days ago '08        #34
hiphopsince1984 
space
space
Props total: 267 267  Slaps total: 8 8
 gagethedesigner said
A decent flip I learned of today is to mass sell the "hot" item to Nook's Cranny. My item today was the "Mini DIY Workbench", selling for 5k each. I crafted about 20 of them and made 100k+.
i've been doing the

5 days ago '17        #35
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
Props total: 45719 45 K  Slaps total: 11485 11 K
Bout to have a file on all 3 of my switches for extra farming

4 days ago '05        #36
GodzMustBeCrazy 
space
space
Props total: 1809 1 K  Slaps total: 384 384
 AlBooBoo said
Brah I feel the same way

I legit donít understand the hype to play this sht. Game looks boring lol

I ainít hating I just donít get whatís the big deal. You basically playing a glorified sims game on the switch
Decided to try it out today and WTF is this dumb sh*t? Like for real I can't understand why any adult would even consider playing this...

4 days ago '12        #37
AlBooBoo 
space
space
Props total: 86237 86 K  Slaps total: 14030 14 K
 GodzMustBeCrazy said
Decided to try it out today and WTF is this dumb sh*t? Like for real I can't understand why any adult would even consider playing this...
man for real.

I don’t see the fun in that sht at all. Lmao

4 days ago '17        #38
space
space
Sales to this sh*t crazy

4 days ago '17        #39
LazyLeg 
space
space
Is there a money rock every day? I can't get to all my rocks yet so I don't know if I just got screwed over or it's a one time thing

4 days ago '09        #40
Zaosyn 
space
space
Props total: 10059 10 K  Slaps total: 2141 2 K
I got a modded switch and my girl likes this game but can't play online. Is the game that much better when you play online? Can you sell / buy other people clothes they've created or anything? She's really into that.

Considering getting her a Switch Lite + this game to play online but if it ain't that much better than playing offline I won't do it

4 days ago '07        #41
space
space
Props total: 4121 4 K  Slaps total: 634 634
What type of fruit do you guys have?

4 days ago '12        #42
LicensedLegend 
space
space
Props total: 8365 8 K  Slaps total: 1110 1 K
 GodzMustBeCrazy said
You are such a bad a*s.
+2   

4 days ago '16        #43
Wrecks 
space
space
Props total: 1361 1 K  Slaps total: 26 26
 SPdaGOAT said
That left joycon

n*ggas gotta start releasing atomic colors tho
Saw some joycon and console back shells in the atomic color but Iím not up to changing them out lol they look clean though
+1   

4 days ago '17        #44
space
space
 760 said
What type of fruit do you guys have?
Peaches cherries and apples

4 days ago '17        #45
space
space
 Zaosyn said
I got a modded switch and my girl likes this game but can't play online. Is the game that much better when you play online? Can you sell / buy other people clothes they've created or anything? She's really into that.

Considering getting her a Switch Lite + this game to play online but if it ain't that much better than playing offline I won't do it
Itís ok, havenít seen enough to say its worth it. It will get you money a lot faster tho
+1   

4 days ago '17        #46
LazyLeg 
space
space
 LazyLeg said
Is there a money rock every day? I can't get to all my rocks yet so I don't know if I just got screwed over or it's a one time thing
Follow up question to this. Are hitting rocks the only way to get iron ore or nuggets can't remember what they're called? Just asking because I need a bunch to expand the shop and wondering if it's going to take me days to get it or if there's a quicker way

4 days ago '04        #47
adthekidd 
space
space
Props total: 6748 6 K  Slaps total: 946 946
I copped the other day setup my island

let my girl play only to find out only 1 island per switch

so i had to give up my island so my girl can start one

that is absolutely trash by nintendo bro
+2   

4 days ago '04        #48
mr_underground|m  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 44224 44 K  Slaps total: 3653 3 K
Couple’s wedding cancelled due to coronavirus, so they hold it in Animal Crossing instead

The coronavirus pandemic has caused many important events to be cancelled, with holidays ruined, events postponed and life milestone celebrations being completely called off. In Japan, most schools have been closed for the majority of March, meaning many graduates had to miss out on their graduation ceremony. One group of ingenious Japanese students had a novel idea to get around it by holding their ceremony in the video game Minecraft, but for many, they weren’t able to properly celebrate.

Of course, this isn’t just exclusive to Japan; people all over the world are missing out on exciting moments due to social distancing. Reddit user Ashmush was unfortunate to miss out on two big life events – her graduation ceremony from medical school, and her wedding.

While this was enough to make anyone feel glum, Ashmush’s fiance came up with an idea to cheer her up that involved the video game Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

n the game, you can fish, collect fruit and do other things on your own unique island. Most players are content to create their own paradise island and be done with it, but Ashmush’s fiance took it one step further by holding their wedding in the game. Ashmush posted to Reddit –

“My fiance planned it out with our best friends, I’m graduating from med school and not getting a graduation and our wedding was cancelled. I was feeling pretty down about missing out on my milestones.

This made me so happy, I don’t even have the words to describe how much it meant to me.”

Ashmush’s fiance made their dream island with the help of five of their friends, with a road paved with heart tiles. And if you look closely, you can see the happy couple’s initials ‘N + S’ engraved into the floor.

The post was shared to Reddit this week, where it has already received a bunch of awards from fellow users, including the ‘Wholesome Award‘ and ‘Super Heart Eyes Award‘. Reddit users were charmed by the heartwarming tale, with one user, marco_maza, commenting –

“Do not feel down because you missed a milestone due to a pandemic, in my lifetime and many others we have never lived through a pandemic so it is safe to say we all are missing out on a lot. So just like a lot of people are missing milestones too, a lot of people can make you feel better during this hard times since we are again… all in this together :)“

Japanese netizens were equally enamoured by this charming act of love.

“I always thought Animal Crossing was just a game about paying back debt. This is new to me.”
“This is wonderful! I hope we see more of this kind of news!”
“I’m sure Nintendo themselves would be happy to see their games being used this way, too.”
“We’re living in a Sword Art Online world.”

It’s easy to get bogged down in all the doom and gloom of world news lately, but no matter what happens, wherever you look, you’re sure to see the warmth of people working together. This is especially true in Animal Crossing, which has multiplayer options. For those of you who are self-isolating at home, this could be a great way to hang out with friends!

+1   

3 days ago '04        #49
shortz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 4617 4 K  Slaps total: 3049 3 K
First time playing this sh*t gf wants me to play with her gm bout to have me snoozing

Sw-5907-4046-1896

3 days ago '16        #50
Birdmans Hands 
space
space
Props total: 10568 10 K  Slaps total: 5849 5 K
 LazyLeg said
Follow up question to this. Are hitting rocks the only way to get iron ore or nuggets can't remember what they're called? Just asking because I need a bunch to expand the shop and wondering if it's going to take me days to get it or if there's a quicker way
Yup but if you do it right (with holes) you can get 8 drops per rock per day

Buy nook travel tickets each island you go to has guaranteed 2-3 rocks

Last edited by Birdmans Hands; 03-27-2020 at 01:24 AM..

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  22
Old heads who had the better "I Wish"
129 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+36online now  14
Video inside Offset really gives no fuxks about stepping out on Cardi B
127 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
Mar 28 - China's biowarfare: China gave 600k defective and used mask to the Ne..
106 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+25online now  7
Predator Hunting Grounds Trial Out It's GARBAGE
30 comments
1 day ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy