Playstation fans really trying to stop xbox series x

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

4 days ago '09        #1
308 page views
6 comments

dadon85 
space
space
space
Props total: 23663 23 K  Slaps total: 3116 3 K
Playstation fans really trying to stop xbox series x

Just kidding, no war please

Hacker allegedly steals AMD Navi 21 and Xbox Series X GPU test files, demands $100 million

AMD is the chip manufacturer behind the countless PC graphics processing units (GPUs) and even the 12.155 teraflops monster inside the Xbox Series X. While the company has been riding a wave of stellar publicity recently, it looks like it has quite a serious situation on its hands.

Today, Engadget reported that AMD has been hacked. The outlet said the following about what was leaked.

The chip designer has revealed that a hacker stole test files for... current and upcoming graphics hardware, some of which had been posted online before they were taken down. While AMD was shy on details, the claimed intruder told TorrentFreak that the material included source code for Navi 10... the future Navi 21 and the Arden GPU inside the Xbox Series X.

Even if a small amount of information was hacked, it could lead to other hackers exploiting vulnerabilities. It also has a lot of business ramifications since AMD is in direct competition with a couple of other companies. The story isn't over yet though. Engadget continued by saying the following.

The self-proclaimed hacker added that she wanted $100 million for the source code and threatened to 'leak everything' if there was no buyer. She reportedly found the GPU data in a 'hacked computer' in November, although AMD said it hadn't been approached until December. AMD doesn't appear to be bowing under pressure. It believes the stolen code is 'not core to the competitiveness or security' of its products, and said there was an 'ongoing criminal investigation.'

Hopefully, AMD will be able to determine what happened and recover the files. If you're worried that your Xbox Series X will suddenly stop working because it'll be hacked, you shouldn't. This fiasco mostly paints an image of poor security at AMD than anything else.
+3   

best
worst
6 comments

4 days ago '12        #2
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 95492 95 K  Slaps total: 6870 6 K
@ @Keepintittrill

This n*gga @ done stole the damn sh*t and tryna ruin Xbox Series X

Jokes fam
+4   

4 days ago '05        #3
WCIB 
space
space
Props total: 19052 19 K  Slaps total: 1115 1 K

4 days ago '20        #4
iLikeBurgers 
space
space
Props total: 2102 2 K  Slaps total: 302 302
Lmao a hundred milly.... bi*ch should've been realistic $10 mil in bitcoin, it's a recession lol

4 days ago '17        #5
Cant Read Sh1t 
space
space
Props total: 18761 18 K  Slaps total: 1861 1 K
wifey material
+3   

4 days ago '11        #6
Ant O 
space
space
Props total: 15062 15 K  Slaps total: 1515 1 K
 iLikeBurgers said
Lmao a hundred milly.... bi*ch should've been realistic $10 mil in bitcoin, it's a recession lol
I wouldve asked for 2 so theyd pay me to go away lol
+1   

4 days ago '17        #7
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45719 45 K  Slaps total: 11485 11 K
This sh*t is crazy, he probably can get a job out of this too.

I seriously don’t know what this world is going to bring me anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  19
Mar 28 - China's biowarfare: China gave 600k defective and used mask to the Ne..
105 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+36online now  15
Video inside Offset really gives no fuxks about stepping out on Cardi B
127 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  8
Old heads who had the better "I Wish"
129 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  4
New York peeps, what happened with Casanova? He aight?
86 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy