Hellboy's David Harbour Says Reboot "Failed Before We Began Shooting"

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+37  120
105 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 week ago '18        #1
614 page views
16 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
space
space
Props total: 37613 37 K  Slaps total: 1972 1 K
Hellboy's David Harbour Says Reboot "Failed Before We Began Shooting"

"David Harbour has discussed the failure of last year's R-rated Hellboy reboot.

Directed by Game of Thrones' Neil Marshall, this dark fantasy recast the demonic title role previously played by Ron Perlman and shifted away from Guillermo del Toro's movies.

The pair's 2004 original and subsequent sequel The Golden Army boasts a strong-minded legion of fans across the world, and Stranger Things star Harbour believes this caused major issues for his effort.

During a Q&A on his Instagram Stories recently, the actor explained: "I think it failed before we began shooting, because I think that people didn't want us to make the movie and for some reason there was like a big…

"Guillermo del Toro and Ron Perlman created this iconic thing that we thought could be reinvented and then they certainly – the loudness of the internet was like, 'We do not want you to touch this'.

"And then we made a movie that I think is fun and I think had its problems but was a fun movie, and then people were just very very against it and that's people's right, but I learned my lesson in a lot of different ways."

Following the reboot's dismal release, Harbour previously admitted that it suffered from "major problems".

"We did our best, but there's so many voices that go into these things and they're not always going to work out," he said.

"I did what I could do and I feel proud of what I did, but ultimately I'm not in control of a lot of those things."

visit this link https://www.digitalspy.co .. reboot-failed/

Last edited by Eclectic; 03-25-2020 at 10:39 AM..
+2   

best
worst
16 comments

1 week ago '04        #2
Fresh Beats 
space
space
Props total: 11064 11 K  Slaps total: 458 458
It was pretty trash. I watched it in a brand new IMAX and that couldn’t save it. The action scenes were good tho.
+4   

1 week ago '16        #3
ruddiger 
space
space
Props total: 3433 3 K  Slaps total: 507 507
It’s fu*ked up because right before the reboot was greenlighted, Del Toro and Pearlman went to the studio and pitched the hell out of their idea for a third hellboy movie and instead of giving these guys, who already dedicated years to the characters, a chance to close out their story, went with the reboot gamble instead, and they crapped out. The studio has no one to blame but itself.
+18   

1 week ago '05        #4
P DRILLA 
space
space
Props total: 16818 16 K  Slaps total: 565 565
I wanted this to be good so bad
+4   

1 week ago '17        #5
Ifeellikekobe 
space
space
Props total: 42988 42 K  Slaps total: 2738 2 K
But he asked us to go see the movie

1 week ago '16        #6
Dookie LePoop 
space
space
Props total: 302 302  Slaps total: 73 73
He did his job well enough. It wasn’t like the Matrix directors fired Keanu and made Tom Cruise Neo or some sh*t. He was never the suspect part of the movie. And I liked OG hellboy. Ignoring the internet is dumb as hell though. It used to be fine but now everybody watches tv on the internet so if it comes from twitter/IG and then blogs pick it up, it can become an issue. That’s what happened with Nolan and Bale quitting “DC” and will continue to happen. Happened with Pirates of the Caribbean. On the flip side like Steve Jobs said, sometimes people really don’t know they want something until you put it in front of them, but everybody ain’t Steve Jobs

Last edited by Dookie LePoop; 03-25-2020 at 01:17 PM..
+4   

1 week ago '17        #7
bmf24eva  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 7598 7 K  Slaps total: 2652 2 K
There was no reason for a reboot when the original was good + still relevant and the cast and director wanted to finish the trilogy.

Then you hire somebody that looks exactly like the original Hellboy in the makeup and cept for the english accents and some forced diversity basically a mirror cast (female sidekick + male agent he cant stand) and a sh*tty story.

When before it was sh*ttily rebooted the pitch was that it would be more like Mike Mignola's original comic (story and in Hellboys look) and more of a traditional horror film.

We got none of that...just a p*ss watered down version of Del Toro's 1st Hellboy missing 2 of its best characters.

And replaced em wit some corny a*s Merlin/King Arthur tie in.

Last edited by bmf24eva; 03-25-2020 at 01:36 PM..

1 week ago '12        #8
AlBooBoo 
space
space
Props total: 86644 86 K  Slaps total: 14074 14 K
The action was good in this movie

1 week ago '04        #9
all3rd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 35361 35 K  Slaps total: 11128 11 K
I fell asleep during it.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #10
TrillSp 
space
space
Props total: 15177 15 K  Slaps total: 1595 1 K
 P DRILLA said
I wanted this to be good so bad
Me too cause it looked hard. It failed because it did too much too quickly without establishing a plot. Just a bunch of random scenes tied together smh
+1   

1 week ago '12        #11
TrillSwag 
space
space
Props total: 23536 23 K  Slaps total: 4242 4 K
 ruddiger said
Itís fu*ked up because right before the reboot was greenlighted, Del Toro and Pearlman went to the studio and pitched the hell out of their idea for a third hellboy movie and instead of giving these guys, who already dedicated years to the characters, a chance to close out their story, went with the reboot gamble instead, and they crapped out. The studio has no one to blame but itself.
Iím saying I didnít know it wasnít Pearlman until I started watching the movie. And man was I disappointed. The actor was what the n*gga from guardian of the galaxy? sh*t was like a Disney movie. Straight terrible. Turned it off after 20 minutes

1 week ago '12        #12
TrillSwag 
space
space
Props total: 23536 23 K  Slaps total: 4242 4 K
 ruddiger said
Itís fu*ked up because right before the reboot was greenlighted, Del Toro and Pearlman went to the studio and pitched the hell out of their idea for a third hellboy movie and instead of giving these guys, who already dedicated years to the characters, a chance to close out their story, went with the reboot gamble instead, and they crapped out. The studio has no one to blame but itself.
Iím saying I didnít know it wasnít Pearlman until I started watching the movie. And man was I disappointed. The actor was what the n*gga from guardian of the galaxy? sh*t was like a Disney movie. Straight terrible. Turned it off after 20 minutes

1 week ago '07        #13
Daville502 
space
space
Props total: 4734 4 K  Slaps total: 275 275
I started watching this one day and didnt finish and i honsetly have never felt the need to go back and finish. I didnt find it particularly interesting.
+2   

1 week ago '17        #14
WHATEVERMAN 
space
space
Props total: 5498 5 K  Slaps total: 547 547
 Dookie LePoop said
He did his job well enough. It wasnít like the Matrix directors fired Keanu and made Tom Cruise Neo or some sh*t. He was never the suspect part of the movie. And I liked OG hellboy. Ignoring the internet is dumb as hell though. It used to be fine but now everybody watches tv on the internet so if it comes from twitter/IG and then blogs pick it up, it can become an issue. Thatís what happened with Nolan and Bale quitting ďDCĒ and will continue to happen. Happened with Pirates of the Caribbean. On the flip side like Steve Jobs said, sometimes people really donít know they want something until you put it in front of them, but everybody ainít Steve Jobs
The problem is for every one of those examples you mentioned theres also a story like the internet crying cause they didn't want Broke Back Heath Ledger as Joker, or the internet collectively thinking that Guardians of the Galaxy would be dumb. I think in some cases (like in the case of that terrible Sonic character model) creators should listen to the public, but in a lot of other instances people really have no idea what they want, they just know what they like.
+1   

1 week ago '10        #15
pacman45 
space
space
Props total: 13234 13 K  Slaps total: 527 527
The movie didnt p*ss me off or anything, I was rooting for it too. It definitely could've been better.

1 week ago '05        #16
A~team 
space
space
Props total: 6187 6 K  Slaps total: 1678 1 K
sh*t was a*s I'm mad they didn't give the trilogy the ending it deserved smh
+1   

1 week ago '07        #17
-ThE~DoN~LoN- 
space
space
Props total: 1086 1 K  Slaps total: 413 413
I thought it was weird as fu*k that they rebooted it anyway.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+38online now  25
Mark Price Schools Allen Iverson
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  23
The Illest Netflix or Prime Original Movie You've seen Thus Far
72 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  14
XXL gets flamed for trying to put gay rapper on Freshman List, turns off comme..
176 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+42online now  11
Video inside FBI RAIDS Jewish guy in BROOKLYN NY for HOARDING 5,000 boxes of N95 masks
174 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy