The satisfaction of murder in GTA IV was the best Rockstar has ever done it.

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '17        #51
lil boosie vert 
space
space
Props total: 239 239  Slaps total: 42 42
 justin747 said
@

i d k what your talking about i was jjust referncing the whatever comment i qouted anyways doesnt matter

2 weeks ago '19        #52
Luka Doncic 
space
space
Props total: 6703 6 K  Slaps total: 1499 1 K
 justin747 said
fu*k this. GTA 4 is and will always be

n*ggas are gonna defend it but adding random physics to driving does not make it "realistic". I've never been in a car that drove like the boat physics in GTA 4.
I agree with a lot of your post but... I canít sign off on this one. GTA has to be one of the greatest video game series ever

2 weeks ago '05        #53
B-Block  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 1774 1 K  Slaps total: 98 98
After playing the Og Red Dead Redemption and GTA 4... GTA 5 was abit underwhelming imo.
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #54
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 107844 107 K  Slaps total: 11687 11 K
 Luka Doncic said
I agree with a lot of your post but... I can’t sign off on this one. GTA has to be one of the greatest video game series ever
No I love GTA as a series. I've played every GTA game including the very first one on PS1.

GTA 4 was just GARBAGE IMO

This is where everybody shows their age. A lot of dudes on this site are early to mid 20s so they see GTA 4 waaaaay differently than I do. They played it as a kid and I was in my early 20s when I played it.

The story was boring. The cars were slow and clumsy. The mini games were annoying. The side missions were weak. I HATED when your friends would call you all the damn time. I wanted to throw my controller every time that phone rang

+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #55
Luka Doncic 
space
space
Props total: 6703 6 K  Slaps total: 1499 1 K
 justin747 said
No I love GTA as a series. I've played every GTA game including the very first one on PS1.

GTA 4 was just GARBAGE IMO

This is where everybody shows their age. A lot of dudes on this site are early to mid 20s so they see GTA 4 waaaaay differently than I do. They played it as a kid and I was in my early 20s when I played it.

The story was boring. The cars were slow and clumsy. The mini games were annoying. The side missions were weak. I HATED when your friends would call you all the damn time. I wanted to throw my controller every time that phone rang

You hit the nail on the head with that one
+1   

2 weeks ago '13        #56
diamondsxmoney 
space
space
Props total: 10404 10 K  Slaps total: 541 541
Realistic doesnít mean fun

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #57
jojothugadventu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 6816 6 K  Slaps total: 1796 1 K
GTA4 is prob my all time fav game, when it comes to guns, driving, mechanics, physics, story

glad my bx bros agree cuz alot of people are completey blind to how sh*tty GTA 5 is compared to GTA 4.

GTA 4 literally did every single thing better, when it comes to guns, shootouts, physics

GTA4 physics were PERFECT not even max payne or RDR had better physics

2 weeks ago '08        #58
Aragorn Black 
space
space
Props total: 251 251  Slaps total: 70 70
 RelGthe0ry said
It doesn't. Nobody loves that sh*t. Most of the n*ggas saying they do haven't played it in over a decade guaranteed. And nobody offline ever speaks of it when the conversation of GTA comes up.
even when it first came out, after 10 minutes i thought the sh*t was trash
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #59
Gatorfan2611 
space
space
Props total: 2718 2 K  Slaps total: 80 80
 justin747 said
Both you n*ggas drunk.

The whole point of GTA is to be fun. Too much realism makes the game boring and GTA 4 will always be the worst because of that. And the driving physics were FAAAAR from realistic anyway. You dudes both must live in NY and never been behind the wheel of a car in real life.

The people moved like cars, the cars moved like boats, and the motorcycles were the worst part of the game until one of those DLC packs.
It was like driving a dirigible. sh*t was frustrating as hell.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #60
D-Clutch 
space
space
Props total: 3380 3 K  Slaps total: 257 257
 justin747 said
I think it's youth. A lot of these dudes have childhood memories attached to GTA 4.

We're both a little older than these dudes so we were older when GTA 4 came out and we have waaaaay more accurate memories of it.
Im 31 and decided to revisit GTA IV recently. After I completed it, I popped in the GTA V single player.

OP is 100% right. The satisfaction from shooting/a k*ll in IV is way better than in V it is what it is. I had the exact same feeling OP described when I started playing V after IV, shooting in V just feels a little 'emptier' and simpler.

V is smoother, IV is grittier, both in story, graphics and physics (including driving). Whatever you like better is just a matter of personal preference.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #61
Infamous1 
space
space
Props total: 5876 5 K  Slaps total: 1782 1 K
part 3 for me. I say it over and over, once i got a hold of that missile launcher i wouldnt even really play the missions. Just kept causing as much carnage as i could. I dont know if people played the series in order but i dont see how anyone can not say part 3
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #62
MULVTTX 
space
space
Props total: 8808 8 K  Slaps total: 759 759
GTA IV my favorite joint for story mode
San Andreas and VC for running around being a d*ck and fu*kin wit the cheats

1 week ago '04        #63
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 20498 20 K  Slaps total: 1151 1 K
 NYNY said
GTA 4 was a much better game than 5 imo the only reason why ppl prefer gta 5 is cuz it has all the online features
used to get high as sh*t and just drive niko to the strip club so i could play cubed the arcade game for hours

1 week ago '20        #64
Ryudo 
space
space
Props total: 595 595  Slaps total: 41 41
 Rule 336 said
Could never get into V
Same. Intro of the game turned me off. Like it was trying way too hard to relate to a broad audience.

Last edited by Ryudo; 03-22-2020 at 01:28 PM..
+1   

1 week ago '17        #65
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45719 45 K  Slaps total: 11485 11 K
 NYNY said
GTA 4 was a much better game than 5 imo the only reason why ppl prefer gta 5 is cuz it has all the online features
GTA IV online was underrated as hell. Matchmaking was better than Vís, although I still prefer what V offers

1 week ago '17        #66
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45719 45 K  Slaps total: 11485 11 K
IV still dope as hell, I was playing it the other day. The DLCs were amazing too. I’d like to see them go back to this engine and just scale back a little on the realism scale. I love V but that sh*t is downright Saints Row sometimes.

Also, this game has the best writing in any GTA by far.
+1   

1 week ago '05        #67
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 15364 15 K  Slaps total: 2172 2 K
If u are talking "gore" and "Rockstar", you would have to compare them to Manhunt and Max Payne..... Even RedDead is a little more graphic

1 week ago '16        #68
NYNY 
space
space
Props total: 18042 18 K  Slaps total: 3152 3 K
 d.c. supreme said
used to get high as sh*t and just drive niko to the strip club so i could play cubed the arcade game for hours
I would always play 8ball with that Rasta n*gga
+2   

6 days ago '14        #69
BigJino 
space
space
Props total: 523 523  Slaps total: 19 19
I just revisited IV on PC today and I will admit the driving does suck a*s. Like even worse than I remember. But that’s like the only thing I hate about the game. It still stands up altogether though, surprised so many people hate it now yet it has a 98 on Metacritic, gotta love revisionist history lmao
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  11
Mar 29 - Dr Fauci says he expects 100k-200k deaths from virus with millions in..
147 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  8
Mar 28 - China's biowarfare: China gave 600k defective and used mask to the Ne..
106 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  7
Old heads who had the better "I Wish"
129 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+23online now  5
Young Chop vs Ti