How many of you run your own business full time or part time?

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

5 days ago '04        #1
334 page views
18 comments

Sir_Burn_Alot 46 heat pts46
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 2609 2609
How many of you run your own business full time or part time?

BX, I'm curious.
I've a photography studio and recently opened a lounge earlier this year. I haven't worked a 9-5 in years.

What types of businesses do yall have?
+2   

18 comments for "How many of you run your own business full time or part time?"

5 days ago '15        #2
Drakehotel 21 heat pts21
space
space
$5,058 | Props total: 13587 13587
My day job is my vape wholesale warehouse. I also am partners in retail vape shops, a tattoo parlor, two restaurants and hopefully soon, a medical marijuana cultivator.
+1   

5 days ago '04        #3
TheDude1120 12 heat pts12
space
space
$389 | Props total: 436 436
I am trying to start up a cigar lounge here in Fayetteville, NC but to generate revenue might be hard. I trying to venture into something with partners but it is hard.
+1   

5 days ago '04        #4
Tastemaker331 67 heat pts67
space
space
$41,489 | Props total: 19154 19154
Pharmaceutical company
+1   

5 days ago '04        #5
Sir_Burn_Alot 46 heat pts46 OP
space
space
 TheDude1120 said
I am trying to start up a cigar lounge here in Fayetteville, NC but to generate revenue might be hard. I trying to venture into something with partners but it is hard.
What type of issues are you running into?

5 days ago '04        #6
space
space
 Tastemaker331 said
Pharmaceutical company
That's dope (pun intended)...how's that going for you?

5 days ago '04        #7
space
space
 Drakehotel said
My day job is my vape wholesale warehouse. I also am partners in retail vape shops, a tattoo parlor, two restaurants and hopefully soon, a medical marijuana cultivator.
With ties in three different businesses why not leave the day job?

5 days ago '04        #8
space
space
 Sir_Burn_Alot said
That's dope (pun intended)...how's that going for you?
Very well. Almost 2 years deep. Gaining alot of retail clients, and prepping to move into generic drugs.
+1   

5 days ago '15        #9
Drakehotel 21 heat pts21
space
space
$5,058 | Props total: 13587 13587
 Sir_Burn_Alot said
With ties in three different businesses why not leave the day job?
Itís my own company, itís basically just my base for everything vape related
+1   

4 days ago '04        #10
deziking 113 heat pts113
space
space
$21,939 | Props total: 10379 10379
I just started this november my auto shop, 1st month was decent going into 2nd month fu*king tough without any advertising just getting friends and families and word of mouth right now. I'm trying to get into auctions so I can buy low mileage cars for cheap and fix them and sell em. I found my first car will see if I can get my hands on it.
+3   

4 days ago '04        #11
TheDude1120 12 heat pts12
space
space
$389 | Props total: 436 436
 Sir_Burn_Alot said
What type of issues are you running into?
Generating revenue. I'm still researching but besides cigar sales that's the only revenue. I would like to get a liquor license but a BYOB cigar spot from what I've seen is nice. Fayetteville, NC is not luxury enough like ATL to have a cigar lounge to be serving food, live music, and etc. Still in the research process....

4 days ago '04        #12
space
space
 TheDude1120 said
 TheDude1120 said
Generating revenue. I'm still researching but besides cigar sales that's the only revenue. I would like to get a liquor license but a BYOB cigar spot from what I've seen is nice. Fayetteville, NC is not luxury enough like ATL to have a cigar lounge to be serving food, live music, and etc. Still in the research process....
In a place like Fayettnam, you might want to focus on Tobacco. That way you can service a decent client base (blunts, cigs, pipes, bongs, etc), and slip some cigar sells in there as well. But as you mentioned, Fayetteville is not a luxury town. You'll only be able to take things up to a certain point, without wasting money. Most Fayetville cats aren't about elegance. If you were in Raleigh or Charlotte, it would be another story. Even Cary.
Don't be so hard set on an idea that you force yourself into a horrible situation. I used to go with my boy to a BYOB cigar spot a few years ago. It was in an affluent area but they still went out of business maybe a year ago

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 12-06-2018 at 03:14 PM..

4 days ago '06        #13
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$8,342 | Props total: 6475 6475
Flying by the seat of my pants doing digital branding + tryna figure sh*t out. I might have to hit that reset button again. Sometimes I think I'm losing who I am. It's a struggle.

edit: full-time

Last edited by DominicanLou; 12-06-2018 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: eh

4 days ago '10        #14
bunun 5 heat pts
space
space
$900 | Props total: 2403 2403
sell on amazon and ebay, i think im more of an employee of those platforms then self employed/business owner.

doing more amazon now, than ebay unfortunately.

22 hrs ago '05        #15
Tha Boss 45 heat pts45
space
space
space
$23,846 | Props total: 44962 44962
 DominicanLou said
Flying by the seat of my pants doing digital branding + tryna figure sh*t out. I might have to hit that reset button again. Sometimes I think I'm losing who I am. It's a struggle.

edit: full-time
I remember you made a thread about how things were going with you and your business(s). can you post that link and give an update? sh*t inst going to well at my job and its time i stop begging corporate companys to promote and hire me. I remember drawing inspiration from when i read your thread initially. I think it was about how you bounced back after your cafe or food place you had.

21 hrs ago '16        #16
MacFrugal 
space
space
$324 | Props total: 1304 1304
I have a commercial fishing license and sell salmon that I catch by hand
+1   

12 hrs ago '06        #17
LYTE 151 heat pts151
space
space
space
$15,518 | Props total: 7536 7536
I need one that's consistent
I sometimes buy sh*t at discounted price and sell it online but I have to find something else.
In the process of trying to sell life insurance too

11 hrs ago '06        #18
detroitdipset 
space
space
$706 | Props total: 816 816
B2B exotic pet food company. 100%lean start up and doing well. Hoping to secure capitol to take it full time. My partner and I work together at our 9-5 so the hope is one of us leaves this yr and one next.

Financing will be the game changer

11 hrs ago '07        #19
PurpleKush 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,633 | Props total: 4280 4280
 TheDude1120 said
goood luck with that but selling cigars wont pay your rent...you need different avenues of generating money like u said serving food etc...otherwise my advice would be dont do it. But keep trying!!

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  32
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Annoyed Baltimore Drivers Want City To Crack Down On 'Squeegee..
71 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+54online now  30
Would you let Superhead give you top?
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  25
Image(s) inside Uh Oh: LA Rising Star BLUEFACE Got BOOED OFF STAGE & MIC CUT OFF AT Uz..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+62online now  22
Image(s) inside My boy got them Concords for the LOW low
67 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside TEKASHI69 6IX9INE has OFFICIALLY TURNED DOWN his life saving PLEA DEAL ..
134 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+21online now  14
Image(s) inside Looks Like Nicki Minaj Found Her Kevin Federline
130 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+182online now  12
Image(s) inside Woman sh-ts on ALL Men Under 6 feet tall then gets Ethered
176 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside Here's is a review of the console Soulja Boy rebranded.
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy