TONIGHT! Joe Calzaghe vs. Roy Jones jr (HBO ppv)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
130 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
79 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-09-2008, 12:35 PM         #421
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SHUT THE fu*k UP

Calzaghe is a fast f!ghter ,but he lacks the power and technique for me to consider him any good...he went like fu*king 42-0 against Welsh bums before stepping his competition up.

lacy, kessler, hopkins, jones were and are his ONLY competition......42 f!ghts against bums

HOW IS CALZAGHE P4P #1?!

Stupid f*g**ts.
 11-09-2008, 02:38 PM         #422
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gratz_the_king said:
joe calzaghe is the best boxer p4p right now in the sport..any1 who says hes not is a dumb fu*k

there is nobody currently better than him, the only 2 ppl i would even consider mentioning are pavlik or hopkins, but right off the bat you can eliminate pavlik cuz he just got fu*ked up by hopkins

so that leaves us with 2 possible best p4p f!ghters in calzaghe and hopkins...well since hopkins LOST to calzaghe, i guess that would make calzaghe the best CURRENTLY in the sport

everyone else has losses, pacman, maragrito, cotto, paul williams etc. andre berto and arthur abraham havent fought anyone yet

and dont even get started with this chad dawson bullsh*t, you wanna talk about joe having fought bums for most of his career? well take a look at fu*kin dawsons record...hes got like 25 wins against fu*kin bums, and 2 wins against BUMS WITH NAMES, tarver and johnson...big fu*kin deal, im not impressed

stop sayin he would beat calzaghe when he fought a 40 year old shot tarver, and a never has been in glen johnson (who he almost lost too anyway)...and somehow this fu*kn guy can beat calzaghe? you ppl are fukin idiots...if you dont give calzaghe his props now then its clear that u NEVER WILL

if he were to f!ght chad dawson (something that he doesnt need to do) and beat his a.ss, then you would all just say "chad dawson was never that good, im still not impressed" you will just find an excuse for no matter WHO he f!ghts, so if you dont respect this mans legacy right now, then you never will so just leave it alone cuz ur a hater, plain and simple

if calzaghe isnt the best p4p currently active f!ghter, then name me ONE f!ghter who is...go on, ill wait (mayweather is retired by the way, so dont mention him)
Pacman is better.
 11-09-2008, 02:40 PM         #423
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestic75 said:
I see Rancid is still humiliating himself. I told your gayass yesterday, Roy Jones has been washed up for 5 years, and Bernard Hopkins is what....43? Are you retarded or some sh*t?

I'm tired of watching senior citizens f!ght, boxing needs a major shakeup. As long as you have these greedy promoters trying to capitalize on washed up f!ghters because of their familiar names, and setting up f!ghts with foreign BUMS to increase the draw then boxing will continue to digress.

Hate to break it to you rancid, but the only reason these f!ghts against Euros are happening is because the promoters want to create a spectacle. They wanna create a circus so they're bringing in the clowns.

It's the same reason you have washed up f!ghters with recognizable names (De La Hoya, Trinidad, Jones, Hopkins, etc) still f!ghting. Promoters are milking fans and cheating them out of seeing real talent, and the sheep are eating it right up.
Again you show your lack of boxing knowledge.

There's plenty of young talent around.

I can't believe an American is rambling about the American boxing system! You're the guys hyping up all these has beens and overhyped kids lmao.

Look around. Boxing is as popular as it has ever been globally. Just because it's declining in America because your f!ghters are all dying out and you're all on the MMA bandwagon doesn't mean anything.

And Calzaghe IS real talent.
 9 years ago '05        #424
bluntednt 43 heat pts43
space
space
$8,275 | Props total: 0 0
 r a n c i d said:
Again you show your lack of boxing knowledge.

There's plenty of young talent around.

I can't believe an American is rambling about the American boxing system! You're the guys hyping up all these has beens and overhyped kids lmao.

Look around. Boxing is as popular as it has ever been globally. Just because it's declining in America because your f!ghters are all dying out and you're all on the MMA bandwagon doesn't mean anything.

And Calzaghe IS real talent.
Calzaghe get's props for last night especially after the first round knock down...the man from Wales just beat his a.ss over the 12...I for one love boxing and hate MMA. Mayweather needs to come back...but until he does we can all anticipate the Pacquio vs. De La Hoya f!ght!!! Pacquio knocks him out in the 7th :D
 11-09-2008, 02:46 PM         #425
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lex Lossis said:
SHUT THE fu*k UP

Calzaghe is a fast f!ghter ,but he lacks the power and technique for me to consider him any good...he went like fu*king 42-0 against Welsh bums before stepping his competition up.

lacy, kessler, hopkins, jones were and are his ONLY competition......42 f!ghts against bums

HOW IS CALZAGHE P4P #1?!

Stupid f*g**ts.
That's complete rubbish. Jones is a FAST f!ghter.

You know the difference? Technique. That's what Calzaghe has. Watch his f!ghts. He can adjust to a completely different plan midway through a round. The guy is a techtician if there ever was. Just because he doesn't sit on his back foot waiting for the counter punch doesn't mean there isn't any technique.

And he has power. Just because he isn't running around dropping people doesn't mean he can't hit you and hurt you.

The fact you name Lacy and Jones as his only competition and claiming the rest are bums highlights the fact you know nothing of who he has fought. Lacy is one of the worst figthers Joe has EVER fought. The guy is a fu*king talentless moron. THe most overhyped American f!ghter in recent history. You guys were billing him as the next Tyson.

It's only when Calzaghe beats these guys that they were overhyped and no good.

Calzaghe is the best f!ghter at his weight right now. There is NOBODY challenging. There hasn't been for a few years.

And even if you want to go far back. There was only 2 people on his level. One was Jones, who would have beat Calzaghe but didn't want to f!ght him, he said himself he avoided Joe because it was too risky! The other was Hopkins. And a younger less tactical, niggly, cheating, defensive Hopkins would have lost to Joe.

He IS the best at his weight. HE has been for years. If he was American you'd all agree.

Look at how quick you guys are to hype kids like Lacy and Pavlik... Dawson. Who the fu*k is Dawson?

You hype f!ghters because they're American. If Dawson, Pavlik or Lacy were European you wouldn't know them!
 9 years ago '06        #426
youngjersh14 
space
space
$841 | Props total: 1 1
All of you hating on Jones never saw him f!ght in his prime. The reason everyone looked like a scrub is cuz Roy was like the jordan of boxing. In his prime nobody could touch this dude, it was sickening. He is definitely past his peak and I feel bad for him, cuz if he would have just retired after he won his first heavyweight f!ght, no one could have argued that heas the best f!ghter we have seen since Ali. His combination of speed and power was really unhuman. Respect to Jones, he went all 12 rounds last night, one of the all time greats.
 11-09-2008, 03:44 PM         #427
Ace McCloud 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
i been followin boxin a long time an there are more belts in this day than ever b4.i dont follow euro's to much.only 1 i was eva interested in was dariusz.im more interested now,i really like kessler.but roy refused to f!ght ova seas due to that olympic scandal an darius refused to come ova here.but dariusz ended up losing to julio gonzalez so that was a mute point anyway.

graciano sued tha wbc to get a title i think,or somethin to that effect.dont remember tha exact details.this was a few years ago.

roy was 1 of tha biggest names an drwas in boxing.joe c didnt get recognized ova here til he destroyed lacy.an that still doesnt change tha fact that jones hadnt fought at super middle since james toney.there was just no demand for joe c to f!ght anybody ova here

Roy being the biggest name in boxing did not mean that no one should try and get a f!ght with him. All it meant is that he was in the driver's seat from a negotiation stand point.

It didn't matter what weight anyone fought at. If Roy Jones and James Toney could move up in weight, then Bernard Hopkins and Joe Calzaghe could have moved up as well.

You totally missed the simple point i was making.
 11-09-2008, 04:46 PM         #428
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
one of my favorite roy memories:

i forget the dudes name right now, but roy was f!ghting this dude who had a long jab and roy couldnt really get inside it, so roy punched him in his arm repeatedly until the guy couldnt jab anymore and then roy knocked his a.ss out

whereever he falls on your list of favorites you gotta admit he was fun as hell to watch in his prime
 9 years ago '07        #429
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 Ace McCloud said:
Roy being the biggest name in boxing did not mean that no one should try and get a f!ght with him. All it meant is that he was in the driver's seat from a negotiation stand point.

It didn't matter what weight anyone fought at. If Roy Jones and James Toney could move up in weight, then Bernard Hopkins and Joe Calzaghe could have moved up as well.

You totally missed the simple point i was making.
roy bein tha biggest name in boxin meant that just anybody couldnt get a f!ght with him.i guess u dont understand anything about boxing buisness.hbo would not pay for a roy/joe f!ght because they would lose money on a f!ght there is no demand for.learn about tha biz,then get back to me
 11-09-2008, 06:07 PM         #430
Ace McCloud 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
roy bein tha biggest name in boxin meant that just anybody couldnt get a f!ght with him.i guess u dont understand anything about boxing buisness.hbo would not pay for a roy/joe f!ght because they would lose money on a f!ght there is no demand for.learn about tha biz,then get back to me

It's clear now.

A guy who didn't even know the names of the top european f!ghters, or anything about the european boxing scene in general, wants to talk to me about boxing business. That's funny.

As I said before, the only 'major names' that Roy fought in his career were Tito Trinidad, Joe Calzaghe, James Toney, and you may add John Ruiz. Roy fought many good f!ghters, but not major names.

Roy fought his whole career on HBO for the most part. Including his entire championship reign. So if HBO would not put up money for Calzaghe... why did they put up money for Clinton Woods? Derrick Harmon? Eric Harding? Richard Hall? Julio Gonzalez? Glenn Kelly? Otis Grant?

I guess I should tell your ignorant self that Roy Jones Jr barely fought on pay per view events. Roy fought for guaranteed purses on free tv. So maybe Roy Jones Jr vs. Joe Calzaghe in 1999 would not have been a ppv event, but, that would not have been the point of the f!ght.

Just to add insult to your lack of knowledge... Otis Grant was a middleweight f!ghter who came up to light heavyweight for a shot at Jones and his title(s). So, really, Jones not f!ghting at 168 when Calzaghe was f!ghting at 168, didn't matter.

You should do yourself a favour and ask me about boxing business before you speak on it. I will give you your opinion so that you may be able to discuss the topic.
 9 years ago '07        #431
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Ace McCloud said:
It's clear now.

A guy who didn't even know the names of the top european f!ghters, or anything about the european boxing scene in general, wants to talk to me about boxing business. That's funny.

As I said before, the only 'major names' that Roy fought in his career were Tito Trinidad, Joe Calzaghe, James Toney, and you may add John Ruiz. Roy fought many good f!ghters, but not major names.

Roy fought his whole career on HBO for the most part. Including his entire championship reign. So if HBO would not put up money for Calzaghe... why did they put up money for Clinton Woods? Derrick Harmon? Eric Harding? Richard Hall? Julio Gonzalez? Glenn Kelly? Otis Grant?

I guess I should tell your ignorant self that Roy Jones Jr barely fought on pay per view events. Roy fought for guaranteed purses on free tv. So maybe Roy Jones Jr vs. Joe Calzaghe in 1999 would not have been a ppv event, but, that would not have been the point of the f!ght.

Just to add insult to your lack of knowledge... Otis Grant was a middleweight f!ghter who came up to light heavyweight for a shot at Jones and his title(s). So, really, Jones not f!ghting at 168 when Calzaghe was f!ghting at 168, didn't matter.

You should do yourself a favour and ask me about boxing business before you speak on it. I will give you your opinion so that you may be able to discuss the topic.
im takin it,that u didnt know tha f!ghters u mentioned were mandatories, except for otis grant.an just cause i dont know how to spell their names,didnt mean i dont know tha f!ghters.u seemed to know exactly who was talkin about so top your foolish reachin.

and that bolded shows how much of a fool u really are.roy has probally fought more ppvs than any1 except for mike tyson.majority of his mandatories were on ppv.

1999 was tha year that jones unified tha light heavy division,1st time since micheal spinks back in tha 80's.so explain what reason roy would have to f!ght joe,an who would want to see it again please?
 11-09-2008, 07:08 PM         #432
Ace McCloud 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
im takin it,that u didnt know tha f!ghters u mentioned were mandatories, except for otis grant.an just cause i dont know how to spell their names,didnt mean i dont know tha f!ghters.u seemed to know exactly who was talkin about so top your foolish reachin.

and that bolded shows how much of a fool u really are.roy has probally fought more ppvs than any1 except for mike tyson.majority of his mandatories were on ppv.

1999 was tha year that jones unified tha light heavy division,1st time since micheal spinks back in tha 80's.so explain what reason roy would have to f!ght joe,an who would want to see it again please?

Wow, you really don't know, huh?

I can name a ton more f!ghters if you'd like? It wouldn't make sense though because you really are not a follower of the sport or the business of sport.

Roy was not a ppv f!ghter. He was under contract by HBO but the majority of his f!ghts were NOT on ppv.

Explain to me how Roy Jones 'unified' the division without the 4th belt? The belt that Dariusz had? Roy had 3 belts recognized belts.

I don't like arguing with the inferior so, this is my last post directed at you. It is apparent that you are clueless about both the sport, the business, and the spelling of f!ghters' names. You may continue on to your blissful ignorance now.
 9 years ago '07        #433
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Ace McCloud said:
Wow, you really don't know, huh?

I can name a ton more f!ghters if you'd like? It wouldn't make sense though because you really are not a follower of the sport or the business of sport.

Roy was not a ppv f!ghter. He was under contract by HBO but the majority of his f!ghts were NOT on ppv.

Explain to me how Roy Jones 'unified' the division without the 4th belt? The belt that Dariusz had? Roy had 3 belts recognized belts.

I don't like arguing with the inferior so, this is my last post directed at you. It is apparent that you are clueless about both the sport, the business, and the spelling of f!ghters' names. You may continue on to your blissful ignorance now.
He is also noted for holding the WBC, WBA, IBF, IBO, NABF, WBF, and IBA light heavyweight championships at the same time. For many years, he was regarded as the Ring Magazine pound for pound champion of boxing.
Contents
[hide]

Jones began 1999 by knocking out New York City police officer Rick Frazier. After this, many boxing critics[who?] started to criticize Jones for f!ghting overmatched mandatories who few had ever heard of. Roy Jones continued a career of low PPV numbers

retire from postin an retire from watchin boxin.u claim to have boxin knowledge but somehow dont know that thier are more divisions an titles than ever b4.
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
167 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy