Kevin Durant realized he was 'different' from rest of Warriors, still doesn't trust OKC

most viewed right now
53 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '19        #76
SoulStorm 
space
space
$301   Props total: 893 893
 stlcardinals19 said
Prob not having Steph as your best friend that could internally and externally hand the reins over to KD like D-Wade did for Bron is most likely the biggest cause for that alienation he felt. A damn shame, really
It was never about friendship. Steph and KD were friends. Steph truthfully never felt inferior to KD. Nor did he feel a need to hand over any reins. If anything he felt like he was driving KD to the championship.
+3   

1 month ago '09        #77
TriniSoldier  72 heat pts72
space
space
$65,426   Props total: 69451 69451
talk yo sh*t kd

1 month ago '06        #78
The Scenario  43 heat pts43
space
space
$5,205   Props total: 6097 6097
KD was comparing himself to guys in a totally different situation than him: Curry, Klay, Draymond were all cultivated in GS.
Since OKC, KD will forever be "imported talent." And I'm not sure that he'll ever be able to embrace that truth....
+7   

1 month ago '11        #79
Tony Franks  7 heat pts7
space
space
$12,159   Props total: 9182 9182
This guy just cant stop with the cringey statements.

Steph Curry, obviously drafted there. Andre Iguodala, won the first Finals, first championship. Klay Thompson, drafted there. Draymond Green, drafted there. And the rest of the guys kind of rehabilitated their careers there. So me? sh*t, how you going to rehabilitate me? What you going to teach me? How can you alter anything in my basketball life? I got an MVP already. I got scoring titles.
I hope this is a misquote.

the media always looked at it like KD and the Warriors. So it's like nobody could get a full acceptance of me there.
I agree with that statement
+1   

1 month ago '09        #80
iamsoulja  210 heat pts210
space
space
$5,686   Props total: 7121 7121
 Based_One said
Things went well for Kevin Durant during his three seasons with the Golden State Warriors as he won two titles - along with two Finals MVP awards - and probably would have won three of each had he not been injured throughout June's Finals match-up with the Toronto Raptors. However, despite his on-court successes, Durant never felt as though he fully fit in with the Warriors, and that fact played a role in his decision to depart this summer.

"I came in there wanting to be part of a group, wanting to be part of a family, and definitely felt accepted," Durant said in an interview the Wall Street Journal. "But I'll never be one of those guys. I didn't get drafted there... Steph Curry, obviously drafted there. Andre Iguodala, won the first Finals, first championship. Klay Thompson, drafted there. Draymond Green, drafted there. And the rest of the guys kind of rehabilitated their careers there. So me? sh*t, how you going to rehabilitate me? What you going to teach me? How can you alter anything in my basketball life? I got an MVP already. I got scoring titles.

"As time went on, I started to realize I'm just different from the rest of the guys. It's not a bad thing. Just my circumstances and how I came up in the league. And on top of that, the media always looked at it like KD and the Warriors. So it's like nobody could get a full acceptance of me there."

There were also on-court reasons for Durant's departure from Golden State, including the fact that he felt the team's offense was limited, especially in the latter rounds of the playoffs.

"The motion offense we run in Golden State, it only works to a certain point," Durant said. "We can totally rely on only our system for maybe the first two rounds. Then the next two rounds we're going to have to mix in individual play. We've got to throw teams off, because they're smarter in that round of playoffs. So now I had to dive into my bag, deep, to create stuff on my own, off the dribble, isos, pick-and-rolls, more so than let the offense create my points for me."

As far as his first franchise, the Oklahoma City Thunder, Durant still holds a grudge against the city and organization for how they treated him after he decided to sign with the Warriors in free agency in 2016.

"I'll never be attached to that city again because of that," Durant said. "I eventually wanted to come back to that city and be part of that community and organization, but I don't trust nobody there. That sh*t must have been fake, what they was doing. The organization, the GM, I ain't talked to none of those people, even had a nice exchange with those people, since I left."

Through his first 12 seasons in the league, Durant has experienced a plethora of individual and team success, and has established himself as one of the best - and most unique - players that the league has ever seen. However, he's clearly still searching for contentment. Perhaps he will finally find it in Brooklyn.

So GS didn’t make you a Champion? Cant stand this dude man and he act like him and Kyrie ain’t about to play iso ball in Brooklyn dude is a lame and a sucka
+6   

1 month ago '15        #81
dracohimself 
space
space
$1,010   Props total: 2286 2286
Don't nobody feel sorry for this bum a*s n*gga.... You got damn right He Ain't welcome back Oklahoma, n*gga this Russville from now to eternity because He did it like a G and we can't do nothing but Respect him for it.

fu*k KD... He know why we feel the wat we do bout him !
n*gga wanna come Back for his farewell season and sh*t in a few years... fu*k That too, n*gga jersey wont even be in the rafters here soon, if Not already gone...

Last edited by dracohimself; 09-10-2019 at 07:21 PM..
+6   

1 month ago '15        #82
Mtyjoejnblkblnd  80 heat pts80
space
space
$20,109   Props total: 33060 33060
 LicensedLegend said
You moved on from them, what did you expect? Imagine “you” leaving someone, and then “you” complain about trust issues.
am I remembering it correctly but didn’t he tell Russ during a dinner that he was going to stay?
+3   

1 month ago '12        #83
LicensedLegend  13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,262   Props total: 6718 6718
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said
am I remembering it correctly but didn’t he tell Russ during a dinner that he was going to stay?
I don’t know if it was over dinner but he told several people that he was staying
+1   

1 month ago '05        #84
dasill  12 heat pts12
space
space
$8,072   Props total: 8616 8616
I'll never be attached to that city again because of that," Durant said. "I eventually wanted to come back to that city and be part of that community and organization, but I don't trust nobody there. That sh*t must have been fake, what they was doing. The organization, the GM, I ain't talked to none of those people, even had a nice exchange with those people, since I left."*

I never have heard Anyone here in the city say they wish Durant was back. You blow a 3-1 lead and go with the team that you allowed to beat you in a 3-1 lead. Wouldn't even trade the teams washer machine for him back
+6   

1 month ago '18        #85
ChrisPartlowFro  10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,627   Props total: 7030 7030
 ii_show_off said

Bron ain't never complain like this.
+2   

1 month ago '17        #86
DeadendBoy 
space
space
$1,401   Props total: 2878 2878
This n*gga need an emotional support dog
+8   

1 month ago '09        #87
That Guy Fly  21 heat pts21
space
space
$74,001   Props total: 22715 22715
This n*gga isnt right in the head. The Warriors motion is a perfect system to run if you buy in and it's clear he didnt buy in. The fu*ked up part is they signed him for the reasons he just mentioned so that when the system isnt working they just give it to him to create but now he saying they didnt have that? n*gga we watched the games and that's exactly what they did.

This boy done smoked himself stupid
+11   

1 month ago '15        #88
Gratiot  1 heat pts1
space
space
$957   Props total: 1528 1528
This n*gga need help
+1   

1 month ago '18        #89
ChrisPartlowFro  10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,627   Props total: 7030 7030
 NBA said
He went at Shannon for the same same sh*t he said in this article

/thread.

Undisputable Facts:
-The story has come out about how he left OKC. It was not a mature handling of affairs by any measure.
-When he first went back to OKC he expressly antagonized everyone. On the heels of finding out how he actually left, his behavior looks subjectively worse.
-His communications with Russell Westbrook and Steven Adams publically? Again, through the prism of the aforementioned...

Kevin Durant may have legit gripes, but it's also true that he is incapable of critically thinking about himself. Not a fatal flaw, but one that someone in his camp should've realized and corrected by now. It's a soft look.
+7   

1 month ago '18        #90
Mr4 
space
space
space
$216   Props total: 270 270
He won’t

1 month ago '16        #91
Teknicks  1 heat pts1
space
space
$8,761   Props total: 21013 21013
 Bx_bomberz said
Cheated? you must not understand what that word means. What rules did he break?
Integrity.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #92
Kadroan  215 heat pts215
space
space
$41,054   Props total: 14479 14479
 Illuminati said
He wants to be liked and respected but can't stop talking.
Yeah, best PR move for him would have been to go back to OKC.
+3   

1 month ago '04        #93
Kadroan  215 heat pts215
space
space
$41,054   Props total: 14479 14479
 NBA said
Ehh

Can't say I agree since they both are generational talent, but I feel where you're coming from

I don't see Knox developing into one of the top tier SF in this league though

There aren't many in the league either
I wonder if his best position is PF.

1 month ago '07        #94
wtr1906  45 heat pts45
space
space
$18,297   Props total: 6492 6492
This knee grow worries way too much about what other people think about him
+3   

1 month ago '08        #95
buck_marley 
space
space
space
$112   Props total: 172 172
Lebron>>>kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>DURANT smh
+1   

1 month ago '16        #96
ahonui06  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
$46,118   Props total: 93149 93149
It's really tough being a rich famous pro athlete
+2   

1 month ago '05        #97
HARBINGER  462 heat pts462
space
space
$55,225   Props total: 15336 15336
 Bx_bomberz said
Cheated? you must not understand what that word means. What rules did he break?
You sound like a fu*king colonist

1 month ago '19        #98
KeyserSoze  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$668   Props total: 2322 2322
 NinetyThree94 said
Warriors are losers
Bro aren't you a c*ck chugger?

1 month ago '04        #99
lizardman 
space
space
space
$980   Props total: 75 75
So basically he wants everything he had in OKC. He had EVERYTHING he wanted. They let him just focus on basketball. He didn't have to talk to the local media if he didn't want to. He lived near the practice facility and could access it anytime he wanted. He ran the team and could play free without the contestants of a system. He said he went to Golden State for everything opposite of what OKC gave him but now he wants it back. Dude never even even thanked the city or fans.
+7   

1 month ago '12        #100
44wade  317 heat pts317
space
space
space
$29,370   Props total: 20090 20090
To me KD falls victim to the Lebron led media in basketball.

He needed to leave OKC and GSW was his best chance to win a title, it made sense. His brand needed a title, and im sure he was tired of listening to people saying he was coming up short.

If he goes to another team, then GSW still can beat you, Cle can still beat you. It was the same move Bron made to me. But its being spun alot different.

I dont Durant shouldve left though, he shouldve just kept stacking titles in GSW and let the narrative correct itself.

I dont think he will add to his legacy by going to Brooklyn. I dont think they are sure title contenders, and I dont think they win one.

Still he gets way too much sh*t for doing the same sh*t as Lebron.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  45
STRONG RUMOR: NFL has reportedly given the Chargers the option to relocate..
115 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+75online now  45
Video inside Vato thought he could take 50 shots of Patron
87 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-122online now  27
Article inside Gina Rodriguez gets caught saying the N-WORD, Twitter cancells her!
202 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-24online now  5
Image(s) inside DAD OF THE YEAR! He Goes LIVE & Put DAUGHTER ON BLAST FROM HER OWN TWI..
149 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy