Warriors hid Serbian teenager for a year then drafted him

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 months ago '16        #51
Aztlan  143 heat pts143
space
space
$15,940   Props total: 44316 44316
 bibbyboi said
Man that's really dope. Do you think colleges here are a reason why they don't do that here? I mean if all the talent is going straight to the pro's colleges would be sh*t out of luck.
Yeah, the pro leagues have "age requirements" which forces kids to go to school. The pro leagues aren't actual partners, but they sure as hell act like it. Baseball does draft high schoolers though, but the only youth they sign are in foreign countries like the Dominican Republic. They'll sign a 12 year old Dominican kid, but won't sign an American until after he graduates high school.

The NCAA would lose billions in revenue if the best amateurs never suited up for a college.

Chronos said
Iím not exactly sure why we do that over here but I hate it mainly because It stopped me as well as my other two brothers from continuing to play. We all stopped after high school because it wasnít going anywhere and to try and get into some of the tournaments to get noticed cost too much.
Its crazy. The pro clubs have enough resources to develop youth academies. Literally wasting potential.
+1   

4 months ago '04        #52
!!!  387 heat pts387
space
space
$59,161   Props total: 76552 76552
 KingKPTII said
Serb Dirk to the rescue
Papa's going to KNBR. I'm sad.

4 months ago '16        #53
KingKPTII  6 heat pts6
space
space
$5,290   Props total: 3366 3366
 !!! said
Iím not surprised honestly, still sucks though Iím not listening to AM radio.

Apparently they did Bonta kinda dirty.

4 months ago '04        #54
!!!  387 heat pts387
space
space
 KingKPTII said
Iím not surprised honestly, still sucks though Iím not listening to AM radio.

Apparently they did Bonta kinda dirty.
I don't care for Bonta at all TBH but yeah it looks like they didn't tell him straight up. I knew something was kinda fishy today when Papa and his son Derek weren't on the air today. Today was supposed to be Derek's last show before he starts a new job at NFL Network. I wonder what happened...

4 months ago '16        #55
KingKPTII  6 heat pts6
space
space
 !!! said
I don't care for Bonta at all TBH but yeah it looks like they didn't tell him straight up. I knew something was kinda fishy today when Papa and his son Derek weren't on the air today. Today was supposed to be Derek's last show before he starts a new job at NFL Network. I wonder what happened...
Iím not much of a fan of his either but they couldíve at least manned up and told him what was gonna go down. Now heís off the radio completely I was thinking theyíd add him to Steinmetz and Guru but I doubt they wanna throw off the chemistry those two have.

There mustíve been some bad blood behind the scenes. Maybe Papa just decided to up and leave Situation seems kinda weird to me

4 months ago '04        #56
!!!  387 heat pts387
space
space
 KingKPTII said
Iím not much of a fan of his either but they couldíve at least manned up and told him what was gonna go down. Now heís off the radio completely I was thinking theyíd add him to Steinmetz and Guru but I doubt they wanna throw off the chemistry those two have.

There mustíve been some bad blood behind the scenes. Maybe Papa just decided to up and leave Situation seems kinda weird to me
Bonta's staying. Morning show is the same. Steiny/Guru/Bonta doing 10-2 and Damon/Ratto/Kolsky doing 2-7.

Papa's the only one leaving. We don't know why yet.

4 months ago '10        #57
itz209  3 heat pts3
space
space
space
$357   Props total: 145 145
 !!! said
Its weird af that the old pillars of the station are gone. First towny and now papa.

Morning show will still be solid, and damon will hold down the drive home hours, but evenings and now afternoons seem fu*ked now

4 months ago '04        #58
!!!  387 heat pts387
space
space
 itz209 said
Its weird af that the old pillars of the station are gone. First towny and now papa.

Morning show will still be solid, and damon will hold down the drive home hours, but evenings and now afternoons seem fu*ked now
Watch KNBR re-team Papa with John Lund.

Sucks though. Loved listening to Papa on 95.7. I'll give his KNBR show a shot at least to start but I hate that station.

Towny is on another AM station doing full time A's coverage now. Too bad. He was good too.

4 months ago '10        #59
itz209  3 heat pts3
space
space
space
 !!! said
Watch KNBR re-team Papa with John Lund.

Sucks though. Loved listening to Papa on 95.7. I'll give his KNBR show a shot at least to start but I hate that station.
Bruh, im a 9er fan and i hate that sh*t too,fu*k AM lol. I preferred having papa on 95.7 cause it gave perspective on all bay area teams.

But yea, watch them bring back the wheelhouse smh

4 months ago '04        #60
!!!  387 heat pts387
space
space
 itz209 said
Bruh, im a 9er fan and i hate that sh*t too,fu*k AM lol. I preferred having papa on 95.7 cause it gave perspective on all bay area teams.

But yea, watch them bring back the wheelhouse smh
I'm Raiders and Giants (I know it's weird) but I stopped listening to KNBR years ago because of the non-stop Giants talk, annoying traffic reports and sh*tty sound quality.

4 months ago '10        #61
itz209  3 heat pts3
space
space
space
 !!! said
I'm Raiders and Giants (I know it's weird) but I stopped listening to KNBR years ago because of the non-stop Giants talk, annoying traffic reports and sh*tty sound quality.
Nah, not weird to me. I got a few homies who are like that too. A's/9ers or Raiders/giants.

But yeah man, i wonder if we'll ever find out what happened with papa. He doesnt seem to be the type to do sneak sh*t. Plus i think bonta said papa was the one who vouched for him when he started at the station. But who knows

Maybe he's been wanting to dip for awhile but was sticking around for derek.

4 months ago '04        #62
!!!  387 heat pts387
space
space
 itz209 said
Nah, not weird to me. I got a few homies who are like that too. A's/9ers or Raiders/giants.

But yeah man, i wonder if we'll ever find out what happened with papa. He doesnt seem to be the type to do sneak sh*t. Plus i think bonta said papa was the one who vouched for him when he started at the station. But who knows

Maybe he's been wanting to dip for awhile but was sticking around for derek.
Wasn't Papa on KNBR way back? I could've sworn Bonta said that one time and that Papa brought him over to 95.7. I always thought KNBR were a**holes cuz they dumped Papa, Bonta, Damon and Ratto.

4 months ago '16        #63
KingKPTII  6 heat pts6
space
space
 !!! said
Bonta's staying. Morning show is the same. Steiny/Guru/Bonta doing 10-2 and Damon/Ratto/Kolsky doing 2-7.

Papa's the only one leaving. We don't know why yet.
Where did you see they were adding him to Steiny/Guru?

4 months ago '04        #64
!!!  387 heat pts387
space
space
 KingKPTII said
Where did you see they were adding him to Steiny/Guru?

4 months ago '16        #65
KingKPTII  6 heat pts6
space
space
 !!! said
Ahhh ok cool, I didnít see that when I first read the article.

I thought they were just gonna throw him away

4 months ago '12        #66
cal classick 
space
space
$8,632   Props total: 15810 15810
Hiding teenagers?...

4 months ago '16        #67
00010111  139 heat pts139
space
space
$5,684   Props total: 21551 21551
 Chronos said
Clubs send scouts out to find and sign young players for their a football academies where they develop them until they are ready to sign them to the senior team. Clubs recruit children sometimes as young as 9. They will offer a*sistance to the parents while training the child and they cover school and travel arrangements. For example Barcelona found Messi at 13 and brought him to their academy which usually doesn’t happen for a foreigner but he had skill so they brought him out and took care of him and his family.

When the child is ready ready to sign a professional contract usually around 16 or 17 they start to get paid and depending on their skill it determines how much.
They are farm systems like baseball to develop the kids for the big clubs that’s how they work in Europe.

In America the youth have to pay for all of that which is the problem because a lot of talent that could be playing can’t afford it so they don’t play and that’s why American soccer sucks, we could easily be as good as other countries but the pay for play prevents it so, the talent we should be developing we don’t.

Hope that helps you, if anyone believes I’m wrong on anything feel free to check me.
Everything you said is true but I'd like to add one additional point, even those young kids are being paid to be at those clubs and it's perfectly legal. Players who are yet to play a professional game can make several times the annual salary of whatever nation that they reside in, as children.

And that 'assistance' is very significant. Homes purchased and given to the family, private school paid for, jobs for parents just to keep that child attached to the club.
+1   

4 months ago '04        #68
Chronos  15 heat pts15 OP
space
space
$9,159   Props total: 7221 7221
 00010111 said
Everything you said is true but I'd like to add one additional point, even those young kids are being paid to be at those clubs and it's perfectly legal. Players who are yet to play a professional game can make several times the annual salary of whatever nation that they reside in, as children.

And that 'assistance' is very significant. Homes purchased and given to the family, private school paid for, jobs for parents just to keep that child attached to the club.
Thanks fam.
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside Former Jet life Affiliate Who was beefing with Curren$y , Succeed The P..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+33online now  12
Image(s) inside Yearbook Picture
107 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+39online now  9
I gotta give TI credit he almost got exposed and boided
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  3
Article inside Martin Scorsese Says Cinemas Are Being "Invaded" by "Theme Park" Films
53 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy