(Rumor Sony in talks to buy Take 2 Entertainment

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '08        #76
stead21 12 heat pts12
space
space
$8,067 | Props total: 4855 4855
 KingBossHellBoy said
Rockstar fell off tho be honest . gta v and rdr 2 was trash .

PS2 had GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, Max Payne 1, Max Payne 2, The Warriors, Bully, Manhunt, Midnight Club DUB edition all on one system and yall gonna slap my post for bum a*s RDR 2 ?? If you wanna see what a real gta is like go back and play Vice city cuz GTA 5 was mega garbage too

Rockstar fell off take this L
Why didn't you like GTA 5 and RR2?
+1   

1 week ago '07        #77
link04 100 heat pts100
space
space
$14,931 | Props total: 6586 6586
kojima doing an exclusive game for sony...street f*ghter v was exclusive on console to sony...why is take 2 getting bought out by sony hard to believe?

the writing been on the wall since they announced that game that never came out, AGENT and was never released..but it was supposed to be exclusive...

why are yall shocked. hope its true

1 week ago '06        #78
Kingme 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,515 | Props total: 12371 12371
You guys think Sony can afford to buy Take2 and all of it's studios like 2k and Rockstar

How much do you guys think Take2 would cost and can Sony outbid Microsoft

1 week ago '17        #79
SPdaGOAT 20 heat pts20
space
space
$14,839 | Props total: 31367 31367
 Kingme said
You guys think Sony can afford to buy Take2 and all of it's studios like 2k and Rockstar

I dont think Take2 would sign an exclusive deal with Microsoft, even if they outbid Sony.

1 week ago '17        #80
Cant Read Shit 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 12927 12927
 Kingme said

take two wouldnt sell to MS and everything on xbox flops MS' gaming division doesnt have power like that

1 week ago '06        #81
Kingme 23 heat pts23
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
I dont think Take2 would sign an exclusive deal with Microsoft, even if they outbid Sony.
 Cant Read sh*t said
take two wouldnt sell to MS and everything on xbox flops MS' gaming division doesnt have power like that
But do you guys think Sony could even pay Take 2 enough money?

GTA, Read Dead, and 2k sports alone make 10s of billions add in Borderlands, Max Payne, Bully, and the rest of the properties Take 2 owns and how much would you sell Take 2 for if you owned them?

You guys think Sony has that kind of money

1 week ago '09        #82
Tiko377 1985 heat pts1985
space
space
$17,364 | Props total: 12632 12632
Sony cant even afford to do E3 this year.

1 week ago '17        #83
SPdaGOAT 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Kingme said

GTA, Read Dead, and 2k sports alone make 10s of billions add in Borderlands, Max Payne, Bully, and the rest of the properties Take 2 owns and how much would you sell Take 2 for if you owned them?

Iíve seen numbers indicating they can buy them with straight up cash. What makes you think a company that makes consoles canít buy a game publishing company? This wouldnít be the first time.

1 week ago '09        #84
Tiko377 1985 heat pts1985
space
space
$17,364 | Props total: 12632 12632
 Cant Read sh*t said
microsoft as a whole but not its gaming division u think MS is allocating all its funds to xbox? a division of theirs thats already struggling and already had shareholders talking about closing?
They are allocating funds.

Bought new studios last year & more news incoming this E3

1 week ago '17        #85
space
space
 Kingme said

TakeTwo's market cap is around 11 billion

in 2018 sony made 12.5 billion off PSN alone

Tiko377 said
They are allocating funds.

Bought new studios last year & more news incoming this E3
small studios that wont make a difference

and how can sony "not afford" to go to e3 when in 2018 they made more off PSN alone than what nintendo and xbox made in total, off everything? they made more than what nintendo is worth as a whole just from PSN

1 week ago '06        #86
Kingme 23 heat pts23
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
I’ve seen numbers indicating they can buy them with straight up cash. What makes you think a company that makes consoles can’t buy a game publishing company? This wouldn’t be the first time.
Can you share these numbers you've seen

Which console manufacturer has bought a publishing company and all of their studios while the publisher was in it's prime as far as profits

Cant Read sh*t said
TakeTwo's market cap is around 11 billion

in 2018 sony made 12.5 billion off PSN alone

small studios that wont make a difference

and how can sony "not afford" to go to e3 when in 2018 they made more off PSN alone than what nintendo and xbox made in total, off everything? they made more than what nintendo is worth as a whole just from PSN

How much did Sony invest and or lose on PSN and online before seeing a profit

Last edited by Kingme; 03-16-2019 at 10:34 AM..

1 week ago '17        #87
SPdaGOAT 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Kingme said
Can you share these numbers you've seen

Which console manufacturer has bought a publishing company and all of their studios while the publisher was in it's prime as far as profits

How much did Sony invest and or lose on PSN and online before seeing a profit

Sonyís end of year 2018 numbers

Take 2ís Valuation as of Jan 2019

And Microsoft stole Rare from Nintendo. We all saw what happened trhere and that could be another reason T2 wouldnt want to do an exclusivity deal with MS. Also remember the fiasco with GTA IV DLC and how it was guaranteed to be exclusive to Xbox to appear on PS3 later. I would guess T2 has a better relationship with Sony than Ms

1 week ago '16        #88
90sVibe 
space
space
$642 | Props total: 1557 1557
If this is true Sony owns 2 of the highest selling gaming franchises... which would be insane

Doubt it would happen though

1 week ago '04        #89
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,855 | Props total: 549 549
 Krazie said
Final fantasy 15 was subpar they split it inton4 or 5 DLCs they had been working on this game for damn near 10 yrs they scrapped it from ff13vs and made it multiplatform and changed it to 15 because 13vs was supposed to be ps3 exclusive.
KH3 which hurts my heart to say was also a victim of this it did not live up to the hype. i defended it before i finished it. but now that I am done with it I can honestly say It was a beautiful piece of sh*t. They gutted the key blade core when they removed the final fantasy characters, the disney attractions were way over used, the form changes where garbage as well they where pretty much just duplicates of one another. The amount of magic was gutted as well and this game was 13yrs in the making and this is all they came up with? No Coliseum mode, no secret boss f*ght at the end they didn't reaveal what was in the black box. The story was good but all of the bosses were super easy. Other than Xeonohart and battle 12 or 13 which never had the dual blade wielding motherfu*ker.

1 week ago '11        #90
pbballin 22 heat pts22
space
space
$10,550 | Props total: 3145 3145
Looks like PC the only one keeping GTA alive right now, so I doubt it......Never played it on PC, but streamers are pulling in 40k-50k views off that game still to this day on twitch, which is crazy.

1 week ago '17        #91
space
space
 pbballin said
Looks like PC the only one keeping GTA alive right now, so I doubt it......Never played it on PC, but streamers are pulling in 40k-50k views off that game still to this day on twitch, which is crazy.

most of the money they made off that game came from consoles though and that's what matters to them

1 week ago '05        #92
Krazie 136 heat pts136
space
space
$47,819 | Props total: 26073 26073
 dog4life said
Final fantasy 15 was subpar they split it inton4 or 5 DLCs they had been working on this game for damn near 10 yrs they scrapped it from ff13vs and made it multiplatform and changed it to 15 because 13vs was supposed to be ps3 exclusive.
KH3 which hurts my heart to say was also a victim of this it did not live up to the hype. i defended it before i finished it. but now that I am done with it I can honestly say It was a beautiful piece of sh*t. They gutted the key blade core when they removed the final fantasy characters, the disney attractions were way over used, the form changes where garbage as well they where pretty much just duplicates of one another. The amount of magic was gutted as well and this game was 13yrs in the making and this is all they came up with? No Coliseum mode, no secret boss f*ght at the end they didn't reaveal what was in the black box. The story was good but all of the bosses were super easy. Other than Xeonohart and battle 12 or 13 which never had the dual blade wielding motherfu*ker.
I'm not questioning the dislike for the games, I'm just trying to see your point how it was a cause of going multiplatform.

1 week ago '17        #93
SPdaGOAT 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Krazie said
I'm not questioning the dislike for the games, I'm just trying to see your point how it was a cause of going multiplatform.
For what its worth, heís not the first person Ive seen or heard say that. I dont get it either tho

1 week ago '04        #94
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,855 | Props total: 549 549
 Krazie said
Ever since they became square enix they seem to just be about making money and not quality games

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+66online now  29
NBA Lonzo Ball DELETE & UNFOLLOW LAVAR BALL, BBB, (LaMelo Say "THANK 4 GETTIN ..
262 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+82online now  27
Being ugly: my experience... Damn.
122 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  17
(Real or Fake) Alleged MCU Phase 4 movie titles leaked