Most Popular Operating Systems (Desktop & Laptops) 2003 - 2019

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 weeks ago '06        #1
744 page views
12 comments

realgunta 
space
space
Props total: 67674 67 K  Slaps total: 3818 3 K
Most Popular Operating Systems (Desktop & Laptops) 2003 - 2019

OS platforms market share usage on desktop computers and laptops.

Video:

2003:

2019:

Last edited by realgunta; 11-02-2019 at 06:06 PM..
+4   

best
worst
12 comments

2 weeks ago '14        #2
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 21548 21 K  Slaps total: 4322 4 K
Damn, I would have thought Mac OS had a larger share than that. Seems like all you see is MacBooks and such.
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #3
Fresh Beats 
space
space
Props total: 7586 7 K  Slaps total: 367 367
 FukHowYouFeel said
Damn, I would have thought Mac OS had a larger share than that. Seems like all you see is MacBooks and such.
Most Windows laptops under a grand be too bulky to take outside. Those $300-999 laptops have most of the market share.

My company probably has 20 Windows PCs to every Mac, so windows cleans up with the corporate sales.
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
bw5011 
space
space
Props total: 1378 1 K  Slaps total: 442 442
 FukHowYouFeel said
That is because people that have apple products buy cases that display the apple sign like its a badge of honor. Windows users are actually using their laptop and not playing games so they could care less about showing off the brand. They need a computer and not a toy....

But if you go and tell an Apple person this info, they will tell you its not true and then talk about how they are the richest company or second. Never admitting to child labor, etc, etc
+8   

2 weeks ago '14        #5
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
 bw5011 said
That is because people that have apple products buy cases that display the apple sign like its a badge of honor. Windows users are actually using their laptop and not playing games so they could care less about showing off the brand. They need a computer and not a toy....

But if you go and tell an Apple person this info, they will tell you its not true and then talk about how they are the richest company or second. Never admitting to child labor, etc, etc
Well the Apple used to light up always so it stuck out. I have a newer MacBook and it doesn't anymore. Just sayin...

I work on my sh*t but I get what you're saying.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #6
bw5011 
space
space
Props total: 1378 1 K  Slaps total: 442 442
 FukHowYouFeel said
Well the Apple used to light up always so it stuck out. I have a newer MacBook and it doesn't anymore. Just sayin...

I work on my sh*t but I get what you're saying.
gotchaÖ

I feel you.. I repair them.. I was saying they are made using child labor. Apple doesn't care about contract companies at all or their polices, they just want the most profit.
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #7
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
 bw5011 said
gotcha…

I feel you.. I repair them.. I was saying they are made using child labor. Apple doesn't care about contract companies at all or their polices, they just want the most profit.
Yeah I'm primed to jump ship back to a PC (I own both already), it would be so difficult for me at this point. I've been using Apple products for about 14 years now.

I think they make a good product (albeit overpriced). But the sh*t they do bugs me, believe me.
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #8
AfroBucks88 
space
space
Props total: 17269 17 K  Slaps total: 1162 1 K
linux had a bigger market share than MacOS

2 weeks ago '16        #9
BxCastro 
space
space
Props total: 14291 14 K  Slaps total: 2230 2 K
 AfroBucks88 said
linux had a bigger market share than MacOS
im surprised probably from the business sector. My company has a ton of AIX boxes
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #10
BLACK FIST 
space
space
Props total: 28380 28 K  Slaps total: 3255 3 K
i still use windows 7 til this day

it's the "xp" of this generation
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #11
airmcnair06 
space
space
Props total: 105 105  Slaps total: 12 12
 BLACK FIST said
i still use windows 7 til this day

it's the "xp" of this generation
Real sh*t

I'm on windows 7 rn. I ain't updating to win8/10 any time soon if I can help it ... I hear a new story about that sh*t every week.

Forcing updates. Can't turn off certain features. Can't do as much stuff. Smh fu*k that

If it ain't broke, don't fix it
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #12
WHATEVERMAN 
space
space
Props total: 3894 3 K  Slaps total: 407 407
 FukHowYouFeel said
I think these numbers are more a reflection of the fact that tablets and smartphones have replaced conventional computers for most people. I still love my desktop, but I understand it's the end of an era.

Last edited by WHATEVERMAN; 11-08-2019 at 11:16 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #13
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
 WHATEVERMAN said
I think these numbers are more a reflection of the fact that tablets and smartphones have replaced conventional computers for most people. I still love my desktop, but I understand it's the end of on era.
Yeah I feel you. I have a desk job. Canít really get away from it.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  23
Nov 18 - South Korea Ditches The US, Signs Defense Agreement With China
69 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  22
2019 Black Friday deals?
72 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  17
Christian Bale; Christopher Nolan declined to develop a sequel to 'The Dark Kn..
41 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+27online now  9
Video inside Nov 19 - LIVE 9am Official PEACH MINT Extortion Hearings DAY 3 (William..
975 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy