Enable RCS On Any Carrier With Google Messages App

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 weeks ago '05        #26
Y.G. 
space
space
space
Props total: 22140 22 K  Slaps total: 3112 3 K
 LYTE said
It's weird, at 1 point I a*sumed it was on when I was texting via t mobile to t mobile
That was T-Mobile's version of RCS. Anybody with Sprint or anybody that enables RCS through this method can text any person, regardless of carrier, other and get the full benefits of RCS. Both parties just need to have RCS enabled.

Last edited by Y.G.; 10-26-2019 at 07:16 PM..

3 weeks ago '05        #27
Y.G. 
space
space
space
Props total: 22140 22 K  Slaps total: 3112 3 K
 LYTE said
Guess mines is acting up

Try the troubleshooting steps.

3 weeks ago '11        #28
Donthate707 
space
space
Props total: 1331 1 K  Slaps total: 144 144
Got it on my Pixel 4 XL for Verizon. Anyone want to test it out?

3 weeks ago '06        #29
LYTE 
space
space
space
Props total: 12284 12 K  Slaps total: 1175 1 K
 Y.G. said
Try the troubleshooting steps.
Yea I'm going to try that on the a.m.
I know I was rushing while doing it too.
I'll update on the morning
+1   

3 weeks ago '06        #30
Darell_ftb  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 82761 82 K  Slaps total: 10108 10 K
Did it all but didn't get the "new features" prompt.

3 weeks ago '11        #31
CrossRoads99 
space
space
Props total: 1319 1 K  Slaps total: 234 234
 LYTE said
It's weird, at 1 point I a*sumed it was on when I was texting via t mobile to t mobile
The other person could have had iPhone. You'll know pretty much if the other person has RCS tho

3 weeks ago '06        #32
space
space
Okay who trynna give me they number so I can try this sh*t? Pause finally got the prompt to update.

3 weeks ago '05        #33
P-Hill|M 
space
space
Props total: 20983 20 K  Slaps total: 1663 1 K
 Darell_ftb said
Make sure you're on the beta version, and you'll see the exclamation point at the top of the messages home screen
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #34
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 86654 86 K  Slaps total: 9186 9 K
 Darell_ftb said
Look at the top for an exclamation point. Click that and you can enable there.

If you don't have that symbol, go into settings and disable chat features then re-enable them. You should be able to verify your number after that.

Last edited by justin747; 10-27-2019 at 12:31 AM..
+1   

3 weeks ago '13        #35
Prime Dilfer 
space
space
Props total: 7933 7 K  Slaps total: 2422 2 K
Am I able to send high quality video, see typing, etc with iPhone n*ggas too or just RCS Droid cats?
+2   

3 weeks ago '06        #36
LYTE 
space
space
space
Props total: 12284 12 K  Slaps total: 1175 1 K
 CrossRoads99 said
The other person could have had iPhone. You'll know pretty much if the other person has RCS tho
Nah my cousin don't have an iPhone or a phone with good specs for that matter.

3 weeks ago '10        #37
marx1684 
space
space
Props total: 10810 10 K  Slaps total: 1106 1 K
 CrossRoads99 said
worked like a charm for me on pixel 2XL tmob gang. buddy and i been testing it out.. it can now send HD videos through the texts no issues, can see if a text was read, and can see when someone is typing. I really only care about sending videos HD lol can care less about the rest
The rest is for the insecure masses. Technology is not good for our mentally fickle people. I would fall victim in this case & would rather not know when someone is typing.

I just hope this helps to get rid of some of the elitist patrician iMessage bs that folks have sadly bought into. You would think folks removed their own ribs to gobble themselves up with the way they discuss "in crowd" features like cliqued up teenagers while well into adult years.
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #38
P-Hill|M 
space
space
Props total: 20983 20 K  Slaps total: 1663 1 K
 Prime Dilfer said
Am I able to send high quality video, see typing, etc with iPhone n*ggas too or just RCS Droid cats?
Naw, you'll have to wait for apple to support rcs (not likely) or wait for that app the big 4 are creating to release in apple store
+4   

3 weeks ago '05        #39
Avenger772 
space
space
Props total: 709 709  Slaps total: 42 42
Yea, I'm not going through all this when no one else I actually text is going to do it. I'll wait for an official roll out when all carriers are apps are connected.

3 weeks ago '04        #40
thegod 
space
space
Props total: 2648 2 K  Slaps total: 101 101
Google should have implemented this sh*t already, and encrypted (since they said its possible with RCS). Days of not having unlimited text are over.

Most younger folks dont even know that we had to pay like 10 cents per text if you didnt buy a unlimited plan or went over your allotment for the month. So at this point, its no reason for carriers to be concerned with Google just turning this sh*t on since aint like they lose money from it, and if they do care, Google really shouldnt give a fu*k. Android has 80% market share. Carriers aint going to do sh*t about it.

Most avg Android users aint even going to know about this "hack", and if they do, they wont attempt it anyway. Android needs to just turn it on, or carriers need to just say fu*k that group they formed and turned this sh*t on, since everyone now knows that it can be turned on in 5 minutes without the need for a separate app and waiting until 2020 for universal rcs lol. n*ggas have already reported the RCS working from here to their folks in Brazil and other countries on whatever carrier they got over there.

3 weeks ago '05        #41
Peter Griffin 
space
space
Props total: 960 960  Slaps total: 65 65
 Prime Dilfer said
Yeah, I was wondering about this also.

None of my friends use RCS at the moment so it's pointless for me right now

3 weeks ago '11        #42
Donthate707 
space
space
Props total: 1331 1 K  Slaps total: 144 144
sh*t works my boy has RCS on his Samsung whatever on Sprint. I have Verizon Pixel 4 XL, hopefully apple with adopt this and so will all the carriers it needs to happen ASAP

3 weeks ago '05        #43
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
Props total: 4090 4 K  Slaps total: 287 287
good stuff

3 weeks ago '13        #44
King X Riece 
space
space
Props total: 9324 9 K  Slaps total: 1242 1 K
Apple won't adopt this so it's pointless. Unfortunately none of the few people I actually talk to have Android that's why I jumped sh*t.

Couldn't do the SMS/MMS bs anymore

3 weeks ago '06        #45
space
space
Tried out It's fire as fu*k.
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #46
Mr AirRic 
space
space
Props total: 5892 5 K  Slaps total: 1011 1 K
ill wait till its officially out. i dont know 1 other tech person thats going to go through all of that, so pretty useless until everyone has it

3 weeks ago '04        #47
SokeSleezy 
space
space
Props total: 592 592  Slaps total: 97 97
Did it on my P4 and on my kids OnePlus ones works just fine. Can see when they're typing, read reciepts etc
+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #48
KingP1n 
space
space
Props total: 5423 5 K  Slaps total: 846 846
 Prime Dilfer said
Just Android.

Apple has no incentive to adopt RCS.

They'd probably bring iMessage to Android before they adopt RCS.

3 weeks ago '04        #49
pimppoet 
space
space
space
Props total: 692 692  Slaps total: 124 124
 thegod said
Google should have implemented this sh*t already, and encrypted (since they said its possible with RCS). Days of not having unlimited text are over.

Most younger folks dont even know that we had to pay like 10 cents per text if you didnt buy a unlimited plan or went over your allotment for the month. So at this point, its no reason for carriers to be concerned with Google just turning this sh*t on since aint like they lose money from it, and if they do care, Google really shouldnt give a fu*k. Android has 80% market share. Carriers aint going to do sh*t about it.

Most avg Android users aint even going to know about this "hack", and if they do, they wont attempt it anyway. Android needs to just turn it on, or carriers need to just say fu*k that group they formed and turned this sh*t on, since everyone now knows that it can be turned on in 5 minutes without the need for a separate app and waiting until 2020 for universal rcs lol. n*ggas have already reported the RCS working from here to their folks in Brazil and other countries on whatever carrier they got over there.
remind me when the 1st iphone came out and then wouldnt let people do mms initially lol
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #50
thegod 
space
space
Props total: 2648 2 K  Slaps total: 101 101
 pimppoet said
remind me when the 1st iphone came out and then wouldnt let people do mms initially lol
Yeah they was bugging with that. They was talking sh*t like their phone dont need it b/c n*ggas dont send mms messages, meanwhile sprint flip phones hand mms and mp3 ringtones lol. But, when they implement something, they usually have sh*t perfected. 4 years after dropping the first iphone with no mms they drop iMessage.

Meanwhile, android is still fu*king around with sms/mms while Google has tried to implement numerous apps to mimic iMessage vs giving us an iMessage competitor, like RCS. It should have been baked into Android years ago and carriers made to adjust just like Apple made them do with iMessage.

If I could stand to use iOS which I just cant fu*k with anymore, Id be copping that 11 Pro Max. Has everything I want, except Android lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  30
Death of IG Birth of TIKtok??
76 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+38online now  11
Image(s) inside Are You Catching a Murder Case Over This?
108 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+28online now  11
Image(s) inside WTF: Every RAPPER In The GAME BOOKING PRICES LEAKED! & U WON'T BELIEVE..
177 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-40online now  10
Image(s) inside #metoo
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy