And Ya'll Said Nobody Wants A Folding Phone: Galaxy Fold Cont. Global Pre-Order Sellouts

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

1 month ago '07        #1
863 page views
13 comments

Jago  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 8785 8 K  Slaps total: 1338 1 K
And Ya'll Said Nobody Wants A Folding Phone: Galaxy Fold Cont. Global Pre-Order Sellouts

The Galaxy Fold went up for pre-order in more markets this week, and the device seems to enjoy a positive reception as pre-order stocks have been depleted in record times. South Africa is no exception, as Samsung revealed today that the first Galaxy Fold pre-order batch has already been sold out.

The company confirmed it is currently “working on increasing stock levels to keep up with demand.” It didn’t reveal exactly how many Galaxy Fold units have been pre-ordered in South Africa or when a new batch will arrive. Nevertheless, the device is supposed to go on sale in South Africa on October 18, and we a*sume a new pre-order batch will be made available before then.
Galaxy Fold – A huge success in limited quantities

The Galaxy Fold has been sold out in pretty much every market where it’s become available for pre-order, including South Korea, the US, Malaysia, and India. In part, this tells a lot about the excitement surrounding this new form factor, but in reality, Samsung also – willingly or unwillingly – facilitates this high demand through the way it released the Galaxy Fold in very limited quantities.

According to reports, the first Galaxy Fold pre-order batches didn’t exceed 2,000 units per market. Given this fairly low figure relative to the mobile industry, it would be an anomaly for Samsung not to sell the first batches like hotcakes.

But regardless of which perspective you prefer, the Galaxy Fold is an exciting new device for a lot of people, and thousands of early adopters around the world have already shown their interest in it. This will hopefully lead to further improvements and refinements for the second-generation Galaxy Fold or even for the future batches of the firs-gen device, especially since the vocal majority seems to have mixed opinions about it.
visit this link Galaxy Fold success story continues in South Africa as pre-orders sell out - SamMobile
+1   

best
worst
13 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 87054 87 K  Slaps total: 9239 9 K
Selling out doesn't mean selling a lot.

It (Samsung) didn’t reveal exactly how many Galaxy Fold units have been pre-ordered in South Africa or when a new batch will arrive.
+2   

1 month ago '05        #3
Y.G. 
space
space
space
Props total: 22149 22 K  Slaps total: 3114 3 K
Glad to see the naysayers being proven wrong.

I've been tryin desperately to get my hands on an unlocked Fold. I can only find units locked to AT&T in my area though. I may have to bite the bullet, snatch it on AT&T and have them unlock it but their customer service was hassling me when I asked would they unlock it. Keep in mind I'm paying for it in full. We'll see. Don't want to have to put them paws on nobody.

Last edited by Y.G.; 10-11-2019 at 04:09 PM..
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #4
bw5011 
space
space
Props total: 1378 1 K  Slaps total: 442 442
fu*k that.. look up the Microsoft DUO and NEO.. fu*k Samsung.. sh*t will be broke within 1 week

4 weeks ago '05        #5
Y.G. 
space
space
space
 bw5011 said
fu*k that.. look up the Microsoft DUO and NEO.. fu*k Samsung.. sh*t will be broke within 1 week
You do realize that the Fold has been out for almost 2 months now and there are no widespread reports of issues, right? "Broke within 1 week."

4 weeks ago '04        #6
bw5011 
space
space
 Y.G. said
You do realize that the Fold has been out for almost 2 months now and there are no widespread reports of issues, right? "Broke within 1 week."
Really... Research much?
I hope Samsung makes a billion... I'll never buy another Samsung phone. Personal experience from Galaxy 5 up to 8plus... But enjoy your phone. I will enjoy the Microsoft one if they ever release it. They had a patent on a folder phone a year or two before they k*lled the Windows phone. They love to innovate and keep that sh*t for some reason. But when they release it, it will be top notch like all Surface products to date

4 weeks ago '05        #7
Y.G. 
space
space
space
 bw5011 said
Really... Research much?
I hope Samsung makes a billion... I'll never buy another Samsung phone. Personal experience from Galaxy 5 up to 8plus... But enjoy your phone. I will enjoy the Microsoft one if they ever release it. They had a patent on a folder phone a year or two before they k*lled the Windows phone. They love to innovate and keep that sh*t for some reason. But when they release it, it will be top notch like all Surface products to date
Really. Did you "research much" before making false claims about the Fold breaking and then proceeding to ramble about Surface products?

3 weeks ago '04        #8
bw5011 
space
space
 Y.G. said
Really. Did you "research much" before making false claims about the Fold breaking and then proceeding to ramble about Surface products?
Yep...
There was no ramble. Enjoy your craksung

3 weeks ago '05        #9
Y.G. 
space
space
space
 bw5011 said
Yep...
There was no ramble. Enjoy your craksung
Great retort

2 weeks ago '07        #10
LateModelSedan 
space
space
Props total: 8483 8 K  Slaps total: 2064 2 K
ez pass. fu*k that folding sh*t

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #11
016z 
space
space
space
Props total: 747 747  Slaps total: 134 134
 justin747 said
Selling out doesn't mean selling a lot.
Marketing scheme that makes consumer think “exclusive”
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #12
Godsson777 
space
space
space
Props total: 618 618  Slaps total: 66 66
theres always a bunch of suckers that just want the newest gimmick of the moment.dont mean the phone is gonna be good.

2 weeks ago '07        #13
Jago  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
space

Lot of naysayers looking crunchy right now

1 week ago '07        #14
Jago  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
space

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  21
Nov 18 - South Korea Ditches The US, Signs Defense Agreement With China
72 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  20
2019 Black Friday deals?
75 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  19
Nov 19 - Man kills girlfriend, then impersonated her on social media
16 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  18
Christian Bale; Christopher Nolan declined to develop a sequel to 'The Dark Kn..
45 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy