AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile have FINALLY agreed to replace SMS with a new RCS stan

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

New replies show every 10 seconds
 3 weeks ago '16        #26
Sire  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 7514 7 K  Slaps total: 607 607
google wants carriers to use 1 universal messaging standard...

but google got like 10 messaging apps.

+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #27
KARMA PROOF 22 
space
space
Props total: 772 772  Slaps total: 112 112
 justin747 said

Long story short, texting on Android in 2020 will work like iMessage and videos won't look like sh*t anymore.

I still don't trust them. I'll believe it when I see it.
It's like that on the galaxies, been for 3 years

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '19        #28
Tacko Fallspaus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x37
space
space
Props total: 8337 8 K  Slaps total: 8356 8 K
iMessage canít be topped I suggest they pay Apple to produce the app like how Apple pays to use google search

3 weeks ago '07        #29
JohnDoe 
space
space
Props total: 8731 8 K  Slaps total: 1565 1 K
what is going on the the girls lips in the video? Is this a birth mark?

3 weeks ago '17        #30
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
Props total: 86653 86 K  Slaps total: 9186 9 K
 KARMA PROOF 22 said
Technically yes, but the version you have is not for every carrier and not every phone. The messaging you had could only go to certain phones, but thus new protocol in theory could work like iMessage on any Android phone

3 weeks ago '07        #31
killacar 
space
space
Props total: 10688 10 K  Slaps total: 735 735
It works so far with some people I text but not everyone yet

3 weeks ago '05        #32
Y.G. 
space
space
space
Props total: 22140 22 K  Slaps total: 3112 3 K
 KARMA PROOF 22 said
 justin747 said
Technically yes, but the version you have is not for every carrier and not every phone. The messaging you had could only go to certain phones, but thus new protocol in theory could work like iMessage on any Android phone
If he's on Sprint, his version is compatible with all carriers and devices (that support Universal Profile) and has been for awhile. Samsung Messages on Sprint Galaxy devices has used Universal Profile for RCS since the Galaxy S VI. Rolling out Universal Profile RCS is one of the few things Sprint has done right.
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #33
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
Props total: 86653 86 K  Slaps total: 9186 9 K
 Y.G. said
If he's on Sprint, his version is compatible with all carriers and devices (that support Universal Profile) and has been for awhile. Samsung Messages on Sprint Galaxy devices has used Universal Profile for RCS since the Galaxy S VI. Rolling out Universal Profile RCS is one of the few things Sprint has done right.
Yea I know. I just thought it was easier to explain it the way I typed that.

I also a*sume nobody has Sprint anymore. I used to work there. Horrific company

3 weeks ago '05        #34
Daddy Black 
space
space
Props total: 8273 8 K  Slaps total: 780 780
 Sire said
google wants carriers to use 1 universal messaging standard...

but google got like 10 messaging apps.

Google messaging is trash. We gotta use this bullsh*t google chat at work for our group chats and itís annoying af.

3 weeks ago '15        #35
KARMA PROOF 22 
space
space
Props total: 772 772  Slaps total: 112 112
 Y.G. said
Yeah you right
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #36
Y.G. 
space
space
space
 justin747 said
Yea I know. I just thought it was easier to explain it the way I typed that.

I also a*sume nobody has Sprint anymore. I used to work there. Horrific company
I don't know about working there, just know that buddy is right if he's on Sprint.

Edit: @ just confirmed. Again, one of the few good things Sprint has done right.
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #37
jsmooth-117 
space
space
space
Props total: 22368 22 K  Slaps total: 2628 2 K
If we're being honest here, BBM is and will always be the GOAT.
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #38
1nonly 
space
space
Props total: 2247 2 K  Slaps total: 167 167
it's beyond sad that they haven't figured this out yet

it's a decent sign that they are getting on the same page but RCS should have already been the standard on newer model android phones.
+2   

3 weeks ago '08        #39
flav 
space
space
Props total: 10020 10 K  Slaps total: 2518 2 K
This so stupid

Why not just a standard 3rd party app accepted throughout ALL CARRIERS that offloads to SMS in situations where there is no data available? Or for non i-message/non-RCS users?

What’s the point in still charging for SMS? I swear USA in a LOT of ways remains behind in some forms of tech simply due to good old GREED.

ShoutOut to Rockefeller and Thomas Edison SMDH
+2   

3 weeks ago '05        #40
Y.G. 
space
space
space
 flav said
This so stupid

Why not just a standard 3rd party app accepted throughout ALL CARRIERS that offloads to SMS in situations where there is no data available? Or for non i-message/non-RCS users?

Whatís the point in still charging for SMS? I swear USA in a LOT of ways remains behind in some forms of tech simply due to good old GREED.

ShoutOut to Rockefeller and Thomas Edison SMDH
That's backwards. Every phone in every country has SMS built-in. Now, every Android phone will have RCS built-in. Since RCS uses data, no need to worry about being charged per SMS. Only iOS phones will be left out at this point.

3 weeks ago '08        #41
flav 
space
space
 Y.G. said
That's backwards. Every phone in every country has SMS built-in. Now, every Android phone will have RCS built-in. Since RCS uses data, no need to worry about being charged per SMS. Only iOS phones will be left out at this point.
Only valid in a world where everyone has 24/7 data and actual signal in every corner of the earth’s walkable surface

You need backward compatibility implemented before dropping SMS altogether, hence offloading in the case of no data availability. People with no data access will be out of range, that’s jumping the gun way too quick.

Remember you mentioned RCS around the world, gotta consider people who strictly use WIFI in some countries, meaning they are only connected “sometimes”

Last edited by flav; 10-30-2019 at 01:54 PM..
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #42
Y.G. 
space
space
space
 flav said
Only valid in a world where everyone has 24/7 data and actual signal in every corner of the earth’s walkable surface

You need backward compatibility implemented before dropping SMS altogether, hence offloading in the case of no data availability. People with no data access will be out of range, that’s jumping the gun way too quick.

Remember you mentioned RCS around the world, gotta consider people who strictly use WIFI in some countries, meaning they are only connected “sometimes”
RCS is backwards compatible with SMS. In the event one of the parties does not have a data connection available, the RCS message will fallback to SMS. RCS is the future. No more need for 3rd-party apps, unless you have an iPhone and want to send RCS messages to the rest of the world.
+2   

3 weeks ago '08        #43
flav 
space
space
 Y.G. said
RCS is backwards compatible with SMS. In the event one of the parties does not have a data connection available, the RCS message will fallback to SMS. RCS is the future. No more need for 3rd-party apps, unless you have an iPhone and want to send RCS messages to the rest of the world.
Oh you meant Backwards “compatible”

Then yeah lol we’re on the same page

I was livid when they k*lled SMS merging dammit
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-40online now  24
Image(s) inside #metoo
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+27online now  16
Image(s) inside WTF: Every RAPPER In The GAME BOOKING PRICES LEAKED! & U WON'T BELIEVE..
177 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  14
Death of IG Birth of TIKtok??
76 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+38online now  11
Image(s) inside Are You Catching a Murder Case Over This?
108 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy