The Breakfast Club Ethers Hot 97 & Peter Rosenberg Over Nicki Minaj Summer Jam Beef

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
147 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
266 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
145 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
101 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-04-2012, 06:01 PM         #101
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
These DJs are sensitive clowns....just as bad as YMCMB. This is Hip Hop not the playground. They don't all have to kiss a.ss and play nice.

It's so funny that these clowns are locking down radio play with payola. Only way talent-less fu*ks like them brain wash you into thinking they're awesome.
 6 years ago '04        #102
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,749 | Props total: 2410 2410
fu*k em all.. Rosenberg, Flex, Charlamagne, all of them two faced a.ss kissing, backstabbing motherfu*kers.... they are all fake and full of sh*t.
 6 years ago '05        #103
WarLawk 1 heat pts
space
space
$830 | Props total: 194 194
Lmao this n*gga Damian got told to chill out
 6 years ago '04        #104
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1472 1472
Nicki didn't want to do the show anyways. Rosenberg was stupid though how you going to diss your opening act. Its just like if a company was to do your company a favor then you throw shot at the boss of the company. It wasn't professional at all. Just outright stupid.

Most importantly the thing people don't realize is Nicki Minaj has a core pop fan base. How many of her songs that were REAL HIP HOP really did big numbers? She could give two fu*ks whether she performs at Summer Jam or NOT. Hence why she probably didn't want to do it anyways. Had this been a pop event and someone threw shots I beat she would of performed for her core pop audience.
 6 years ago '10        #105
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
$427 | Props total: 121 121
 Smuggy said:
He's not being fired, so his employers don't care. He did what he was hired to do... mouth off like all sensationalist shock jocks do. Get over it.
So what does that say about how they (Hot 97) feel in regards to Nicki Minaj's music?

Alot of people are not seeing the big picture. This is about professionalism. Pete Rosenwhatever is wrong for saying what he said a large venue like Summer Jam. Summer Jam is one of the biggest shows in NYC and it's the biggest moment for the radio show. The DJ dissed the HEADLINE performer for the entire show on stage. The man is an employee, and employee with a mouth which he should have kept shut. What he did was unprofessional....period. Not to say I disagree with Pete's point of view (because I agree with him) but there is a time and a place for everything and he chose the wrong time and place. In the real world, Pete wouldn't have a job right now.

As for Lil Wayne's reaction I think he did a good job. It was a good business decision. Keyword....business.....not n*gga sh*t like going on stage and saying fu*k you in front of a bunch of kids. Why perform at a show when are disrespected by hot97 in front of thousands live on stage? Pete is a DJ employed at Hot97 so therfor he is a representative of that company. So Wayne actually played the bigger man and walked away from it. In business, when it comes to certain clients you have to learn to pick your battles. This is also a life lesson in general. You can't f!ght everybody that wants to pick on you.

In this case Hot97 lost because they lost their headline artist for the show. They lost because of Pete Rosenberg. And the fact that they didn't discipline Pete (to my knowledge) shows how much they don't respect Nicki as an artist. So why play for someone who doesn't respect your craft? It's not like she's hurt by it (money wise). I'm sure they are plenty of other venues and radio stations that can give her a check. I would be suprised if Hot97 would have paid much anyway.....if any at all. Starships went platinum and 4X platinum in Australia. She'll be aight.....

Did Nicki's fans lose out? Yes
Did Hot97 take a L for this? Yes
From a business standpoint who lost Nicki or Hot97? Hot 97

If Hot97 doesn't play Nicki/YMCMB's records anymore then their ratinging will turn to sh*t. Yeah they have a buzz going on right now but this will pass by Thursday. No ratings = no advertisment = one broke a.ss radio station.

Her fan base might have taken a small hit but what's more important? Business or some select group of fans (who will probably forget this ever happend). I'll take business anyday.
 06-04-2012, 07:23 PM         #106
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fm radio still alive?
 6 years ago '06        #107
Dtowns_Answer 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,449 | Props total: 54 54
IHeartRadio is ^^
 6 years ago '07        #108
getGwap 
space
space
space
$1,596 | Props total: 149 149
 Kingme said:
Why didn't lil Wayne let nicki perform for her fans and afterwards on stage diss the fukk out of hot97. Wouldn't this be better than standing up the innocent fans? Wayne ain't the brighest star in the sky, but dude been making dumb moves the past couple of weeks.
he playing chess not checkers summer jam is hot 97's event Nicki was the headliner fans were there to see her thats why hot 97 made her the headliner. If you want to get back at the station you make the fans who payed money to see the headliner your EMPLOYEE dissed right before she was supposed to perform pissed off so that they dont come support the next Summerjam.
 6 years ago '11        #109
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,749 | Props total: 4949 4949
The only people that LOSE are the Fans that came to see Nicki .....
She will go on ELLEN and CHEESE for the White Folks but not to the HOOD ?
( is what people will start to say ) and that will hurt her long term.

If Wayne was about business he would know this, ... Did you see how NAS just came up (probably last minute ) THAT is LOVE right there ....

Now let her NOT show up to something in the SOUTH and see what happens to her ....
 6 years ago '10        #110
HolyFatherSteve 853 heat pts853 OP
space
space
$8,398 | Props total: 11318 11318
this is going to be continued in a few hours lol

[video - click to view]

Last edited by HolyFatherSteve; 06-05-2012 at 03:45 AM..
 06-05-2012, 03:57 AM         #111
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
her music is trash why is this even a debate tho?
 6 years ago '04        #112
kakoden 
space
space
$3,340 | Props total: 0 0
whats beef?
 6 years ago '10        #113
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13661 13661
her fans lost. I hope Big Fendi smiling about this. She came back "home" and got sh*tted on
 6 years ago '06        #114
Drumatic50 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,685 | Props total: 927 927
hot 97 became trash
 6 years ago '06        #115
Bk's Finest 
space
space
space
$923 | Props total: 34 34
Everyone wants to be a politician. Young Money not performing.....ok.......105 saying that Nicki was the main attraction everyone wants to see. Bullsh*t......I go to hiphop shows all the time and 9 times out of 10 i'm not there to see the main artist. Regardless of what was said, your there to play and get paid to perform. Who loses out here. The fans. Some people paid a lot of money to see this bish perform and she's not going up because Wayne says so.. GTFOH with that BS. In order to be in the industry you have to have thick skin, you can't catch feelings by what someone says. With that said Eff Summerjam and all Commercial Concerts in General. Go to a smaller show, your better off.
 6 years ago '05        #116
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
 Bobby's World said:
Peter Rosenberg aint pay nobody sh*t though.

He's paid by the company who paid Nikki Minaj. Basically what he did was insubordination, and because he's disrespecting his boss' brand it's grounds for firing.

Like come on bruh is it that hard to figure out you don't bite the hand that feeds you?
 6 years ago '04        #117
booie4 
space
space
$5,264 | Props total: 1553 1553
 iQon said:
although i think Char is lame this sh*t was jokes
 06-05-2012, 01:15 PM         #118
Piccolo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 egotistical said:
Nicki didn't want to do the show anyways. Rosenberg was stupid though how you going to diss your opening act. Its just like if a company was to do your company a favor then you throw shot at the boss of the company. It wasn't professional at all. Just outright stupid.

Most importantly the thing people don't realize is Nicki Minaj has a core pop fan base. How many of her songs that were REAL HIP HOP really did big numbers? She could give two fu*ks whether she performs at Summer Jam or NOT. Hence why she probably didn't want to do it anyways. Had this been a pop event and someone threw shots I beat she would of performed for her core pop audience.
Bruh did she have a choice? Once wayne pulled her out is she gonna say she really wanted to perform but her boss pulled her out? Her core audience is hoodrats and believe me they would have been at the summerja.
 6 years ago '10        #119
GriffMcfly 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,500 | Props total: 50 50
Yee's Flex impression
 6 years ago '07        #120
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,380 | Props total: 21458 21458
 pabloescobarjr said:

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
193 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
21 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
22 hours ago