Was Reggie Miller really a Superstar?

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
34 comments @movies

section  x2   |  0 bx goons and 2 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 days ago '07        #176
Dope Bai 
space
space
Props total: 429 429  Slaps total: 52 52
 faceoffizhere said
He definitely could create his on shot tho stepbacks, jab steps and everything
I honestly forgot till I watched that vid - hence why I posted.
+1   

5 days ago '07        #177
Dope Bai 
space
space
Props total: 429 429  Slaps total: 52 52
 Katagatame said
Reggie dominated big moments. People today will under rate him because he was not a stat padder, he was strictly a scorer.
That's a great way to put it

5 days ago '09        #178
faceoffizhere 
space
space
Props total: 1649 1 K  Slaps total: 380 380
 Young Moolie said
You said name guards and all star positioning always went by guards/forwards/center
From 93-97 Kenny Anderson was putting up better numbers than Reggie you dudes caught up in those couple clutch shots he made
Name guards meaning shooting guards being that Reggie Miller is a what? Shooting guard smh. Also I believe it went by postion not just guard like it is now. So you just made up some random time frame and still wrong plus comparing a pg to a sg makes no sense. Better numbers where? He averaged a worse fg% less ppg worse ft% worse 3% in every single one of those seasons you named only thing he had was more a*sists and has 1 allstar game appearance(which was the whole point of this exchange)for his career and never made it as far as Reggie did so try again
+1   

5 days ago '19        #179
Young Moolie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 5137 5 K  Slaps total: 1408 1 K
 faceoffizhere said
Name guards meaning shooting guards being that Reggie Miller is a what? Shooting guard smh. Also I believe it went by postion not just guard like it is now. So you just made up some random time frame and still wrong plus comparing a pg to a sg makes no sense. Better numbers where? He averaged a worse fg% less ppg worse ft% worse 3% in every single one of those seasons you named only thing he had was more a*sists and has 1 allstar game appearance(which was the whole point of this exchange)for his career and never made it as far as Reggie did so try again
Are you fu*king dumb the 94 all star team had 2 pgs starting with mookie blaylock and Mark price on the bench
And Kenny Anderson averaged more rebounds and steals but you can only mention points and shooting percentage like Reggie wasn't a great shooter

5 days ago '09        #180
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 Young Moolie said
Are you fu*king dumb the 94 all star team had 2 pgs starting with mookie blaylock and Mark price on the bench
And Kenny Anderson averaged more rebounds and steals but you can only mention points and shooting percentage like Reggie wasn't a great shooter
Kenny Anderson avg 1 more rebound and the same amount of steals. Blaylock avg 13 points and 7 a*sists and made it they really had no sg smh I admit I was wrong about that part. Bj armstrong a starter avg 14 points so tell me why wasn't reggie voted? Makes my point of him being disliked so he wasn't voted in. Just like Rodman

4 days ago '09        #181
That Guy Fly 
space
space
Props total: 25445 25 K  Slaps total: 7965 7 K
 faceoffizhere said
Name me some guards from the east that were so much better?
All the guys with better numbers and all the accolades over Reg. He never made all NBA first or second team. Even with Jordan gone he couldn't do it.

Reg is cool, I liked him as a player but he wasnt as great as folks like you want to make him

4 days ago '17        #182
BLACK FIST 
space
space
Props total: 32210 32 K  Slaps total: 3607 3 K
SB .140 #187 (-10)
 The Almighty240 said
Your list is solid besides Mitch Richmond, IMO Reggie was better than him
@

3 days ago '09        #183
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 That Guy Fly said
All the guys with better numbers and all the accolades over Reg. He never made all NBA first or second team. Even with Jordan gone he couldn't do it.

Reg is cool, I liked him as a player but he wasnt as great as folks like you want to make him
For an allstar game or??? Yall only like MJ,Kobe, and Harden when it comes to sg's because of scoring. Fools don't even mention Wade anymore. Like who is what im trying to figure out starks made it putting up 19 a game reggie had the same numbers not even close to making it. Reggie nust wasn't liked.The point I'm arguing is certain players don't make it because fans vote. Like with Rodman the same happened with reggie. Some of those years you can tell it was favoritism and still is. Look at Caruso damn near in the all star game.

3 days ago '09        #184
That Guy Fly 
space
space
 faceoffizhere said
For an allstar game or??? Yall only like MJ,Kobe, and Harden when it comes to sg's because of scoring. Fools don't even mention Wade anymore. Like who is what im trying to figure out starks made it putting up 19 a game reggie had the same numbers not even close to making it. Reggie nust wasn't liked.The point I'm arguing is certain players don't make it because fans vote. Like with Rodman the same happened with reggie. Some of those years you can tell it was favoritism and still is. Look at Caruso damn near in the all star game.
All NBA not all star. If you're the best you make all NBA. Dont nobody give a fu*k about the all star game

2 days ago '09        #185
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 That Guy Fly said
All NBA not all star. If you're the best you make all NBA. Dont nobody give a fu*k about the all star game
Even those are bs and bias case and point Rodman has on 7 all nba defensive 1st teams Kobe has 9 kobe has 13 total Rodman only has only 8 if you weren't like you got none of those honors.

Last edited by faceoffizhere; 01-20-2020 at 07:14 AM..

2 days ago '09        #186
That Guy Fly 
space
space
 faceoffizhere said
Even those are bs and bias case and point Rodman has on 7 all nba defensive 1st teams Kobe has 9 kobe has 13 total Rodman only has only 8 if you weren't like you got none of those honors.
Tell me what years outside of those 8 years was Rodman supposed to get more? He was a great defender but not his entire career. That is documented.
Same goes for Reggie. Go through his career and tell me what season he should have made All NBA over any of the guys that beat him out. sh*t, the dude made it 2 or 3 times and that was just barely on the 3rd team. He was good but not as good as people keep trying to say he was.

Three things make people think Reggie was better than he was, his f*ght with Mike, his f*ght with Kobe and the drama with the Knicks for 2 or 3 years. People love him for the controversy not his actual play on the court.

2 days ago '09        #187
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 That Guy Fly said
Tell me what years outside of those 8 years was Rodman supposed to get more? He was a great defender but not his entire career. That is documented.
Same goes for Reggie. Go through his career and tell me what season he should have made All NBA over any of the guys that beat him out. sh*t, the dude made it 2 or 3 times and that was just barely on the 3rd team. He was good but not as good as people keep trying to say he was.

Three things make people think Reggie was better than he was, his f*ght with Mike, his f*ght with Kobe and the drama with the Knicks for 2 or 3 years. People love him for the controversy not his actual play on the court.
You telling me Kobe deserved more than Rodman? Thats all he was a defender and rebounder and a known scorer has more than him tell me where that makes sense? Yall don't like to admit the bias that goes on. Same reason why Kobe doesn't even have 2 mvps. Rodman was amazing shoulda made it damn near every year because again thats what he was.

Reggie was a beast but as I was saying before he didn't put up Gaudy numbers like Mike and Kobe so of course people diwn play his greatness because he was putting up 30. Realistically in that era what 2 guard was better than Reggie besides Jordan???

1 day ago '09        #188
That Guy Fly 
space
space
 faceoffizhere said
You telling me Kobe deserved more than Rodman? Thats all he was a defender and rebounder and a known scorer has more than him tell me where that makes sense? Yall don't like to admit the bias that goes on. Same reason why Kobe doesn't even have 2 mvps. Rodman was amazing shoulda made it damn near every year because again thats what he was.

Reggie was a beast but as I was saying before he didn't put up Gaudy numbers like Mike and Kobe so of course people diwn play his greatness because he was putting up 30. Realistically in that era what 2 guard was better than Reggie besides Jordan???
Mitch Richmond, Joe Dumars, Steve Smith, Allen Iverson, McGrady, Vince, Glen Rice, Clyde Drexler...should I keep going?

As for the Rodman argument, find a year he should have made it and tell me who you take off to put him on.

1 day ago '09        #189
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 That Guy Fly said
Mitch Richmond, Joe Dumars, Steve Smith, Allen Iverson, McGrady, Vince, Glen Rice, Clyde Drexler...should I keep going?

As for the Rodman argument, find a year he should have made it and tell me who you take off to put him on.
Reggie Miller was drafted in 87 you have 3 players that were drafted 10 or more years later. Glen Rice was a sf and drexler was a sf that played in the west. Joe Dumars was not better than Reggie I give you mitch but he was in the west as well. So yea you gonna have to name some more buddy.

Im sure if you start from 86 you'll find a bunch where he should be I mean they had derek harper on one of the teams lol

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+24online now  20
Rick Barry : to say Michael Jordan is better than Wilt or anyone is ludicr..
148 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+17online now  18
Power tv shooter got leaked
366 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-48online now  10
REAL OR FAKE NEWS? Woman in OTF Dede's cam video killed!
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-40online now  7
Image(s) inside Jan 20 - TikTok is full of Sephora and Chipotle employees spilling sec..
56 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy