Oct 7 - Dan Rather Schools Trump About His 'Do Nothing Dems' Narrative

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 days ago '04        #101
qutaboi225  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
$6,733   Props total: 17801 17801
 Frasier said
He's not spinning this sh*t...your side is spinning it.

He's never been a pro-war President. Bush was, Obama was, Clinton was.

He's the first truly America first President we've had in a very long time.

Literally a couple years ago, 99% of Boxden said we should stop being the world police. Where the fu*k is that rhetoric now?
So basically you ignored the whole statement i made? And i don't have a "side". I use logic. Not politics. They were already there. You can't just pull out of something you're ALREADY doing without an exit strategy. AGAIN, you understand this, but choose to spin it to fit your political view. He didn't say he was ending a war. He is pulling out of a ongoing situation WITHOUT STRATEGY. And you know damn well he's not America first. He's TRUMP first. Everything he does has some benefit to TRUMP. But again, his c*ck is so far down your throat, you will just ignore and deny objective fact.

6 days ago '07        #102
DoctorNBA  67 heat pts67
space
space
$8,118   Props total: 7333 7333
 TheLastNonEarth said

...and people like you get to vote.

Look over the meme again. When it comes to nominees alone, Obama was filibustered more times than all previous presidents combined.

...Now let's continue with regular bills:

The first two charts show the evolution of filibusters by presidential administration. As you can see, their use rose steadily through the 80s and then leveled off starting around 1990. Democrats mainly kept things pretty stable throughout the Bush administration, with the number increasing only when Republicans lost the 2006 midterm elections and became the minority party. At that point, they ratcheted up the use of filibusters to record levels, and there was no honeymoon when Obama won the presidency, not even for a minute. Republicans went into full-bore filibuster mode the day he took office, and theyve kept it up ever since. For all practical purposes, anything more controversial than renaming a post office has required 60 votes during the entire Obama presidency.

Maybe the record level spike was caused by the plan to deny anything Obama came up with just because they hated him.

Think about what he just said. Obama could've produced a 'No Cancer For Babies' Act, and they would have obstructed and allowed infants to get cancer because curing babies with cancer would've made Obama look good.
Lol the point is theres Dems doin the same thing against Trump. They're blocking everything bruh. Thats the point. They all the same.

6 days ago '04        #103
focused313  4 heat pts4
space
space
$6,301   Props total: 3223 3223
While these are facts, I think that an argument can be made on the side of...."so what." Being an elected official, you already know these things, and yet, you run telling the people that you can change things. If you fail to change something, despite the reasons, as valid as they are, you failed.

6 days ago '18        #104
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$5,580   Props total: 21990 21990
 DoctorNBA said
Lol the point is theres Dems doin the same thing against Trump. They're blocking everything bruh. Thats the point. They all the same.
Obviously they aren't all the same hence his post, dumb a*s

6 days ago '10        #105
killinemsoftly  1 heat pts1
space
space
$1,993   Props total: 2848 2848
 MemphisBleek said
A lot of them bills passed in the house are just statements. Used to point out what Dems are trying to accomplish. Not actually passed to get through the senate. IMO both Dems and repubs do nothing.
You have no clue how this works do you?

6 days ago '17        #106
TheLastNonEarth  130 heat pts130 OP
space
space
$10,883   Props total: 59587 59587
 DoctorNBA said
Theres been a Dem as POTUS for 8 of the last 11 years, you think you're breakin ground tellin me Repubs have used fillibuster more? You dont say?
 DoctorNBA said

Like I said, you have a problem understanding context and following a debate. I'm not even responding for your sake. Someone intelligent may be lurking and will be able to understand my point.

1. Dan Rather is refuting Trump's narrative that 'dems are doing nothing'. By explaining the way government works, he's exposing the myth that Democrats are 'doing nothing' as Trump suggests.

theres Dems doin the same thing
2. Both sides do it obviously. You can't be that dense. There's nothing wrong with opposition to legislation. It's the degree of obstruction which is unsettling, particularly when you factor in McConnell's refusal to act in good faith.

Hes essentially saying
I ain't passing shyt that the Dems put forth

And

The Dems ain't doing nothing

At the same damn time

I already proved that from 2006 to 2019, Republicans have broken the filibuster record, particularly when Obama was in office. Republican Mitch McConnell is currently sitting on 100s of dem bills that he refuses to vote on while simultaneously accusing the Dems of 'doing nothing'.

That's the point of the thread. If your personal point is that both parties use the filibuster, that's pretty obvious.

They're blocking everything bruh.
Demonstrably false unless you're not intelligent enough to understand what 'everything' means.

They block the tax cuts? Nope.

They block the GOP's alternative to Obamacare? Nope. McCain and a few Republicans voted against it.

They didn't even block the wall from being built. Trump fumbled that by turning down the initial 25 billion dollar offer.

Last edited by TheLastNonEarth; 10-08-2019 at 02:33 PM..

6 days ago '19        #107
Mr Insecurity  2 heat pts2
space
space
space
$920   Props total: 1415 1415
 TheLastNonEarth said
 MemphisBleek said
A lot of them bills passed in the house are just statements. Used to point out what Dems are trying to accomplish. Not actually passed to get through the senate. IMO both Dems and repubs do nothing.

No, those are actually bills that were blocked, thus the term 'bills'. Authoring a bill and even getting it through the house is simply not enough to get it passed.
You could both be right. We've seen examples of situations where the House has passed a bill KNOWING that it has no chance of being passed into law (example: each and every vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act while President Obama was still in office...knowing there was no way he'd sign it). But, there are also some substantive bills that have been passed through the House--during this current session--that members of the House would want to see become law.

Mitch McConnell is on record stating that he is intent on blocking legislation coming out of House, so it's wrong to call them a "do nothing" body. They've actually done quite a lot. Has all of it been a sincere attempt to create new laws and move their legislative agenda forward? I'm sure that not ALL of it is. But if you read the substance of a lot of the bills they've passed, they are standard Democratic legislation (example: the Violence Against Women Act Re-authorization...the original bill was passed under President Obama...they'd clearly want to re-up that bill).

6 days ago '19        #108
space
space
space
 Rocko said
I asked a simple respectful question which had to do with the trillions of dollars being pumped into the economy the OP claims Obama stabalized. Clearly your bussy was hurt by this question and you do not possess the level of intelligence necessary to engage in that level of discussion.
I'm honestly confused by your question. You seem to think that someone is attempting to paint the picture that President Obama's actions following the near-collapse of our economy in 2008-2009 didn't require money being pumped into the economy. And yet this was in the OP:

"...pass the economic stimulus that saved the auto industry, stailized the economy..."

That's clearly a reference to the stimulus bill and the auto industry bailout. Who's trying to ignore/hide the fact that trillions were spent in an effort to revive the economy?

6 days ago '19        #109
rnfufbx  6 heat pts6
space
space
$1,562   Props total: 4272 4272

Juliette DaBlok said
n*gga don't get mad at me cause YOU been drinking lead flavored kool aid
+1   

6 days ago '19        #110
Rocko 
space
space
space
$647   Props total: 1449 1449
 Mr Insecurity said
I'm honestly confused by your question. You seem to think that someone is attempting to paint the picture that President Obama's actions following the near-collapse of our economy in 2008-2009 didn't require money being pumped into the economy. And yet this was in the OP:

"...pass the economic stimulus that saved the auto industry, stailized the economy..."

That's clearly a reference to the stimulus bill and the auto industry bailout. Who's trying to ignore/hide the fact that trillions were spent in an effort to revive the economy?

Right the quote said Obama's policies stabilized the economy. If it was Obama's policies that were stabilizing the economy then why was the fed pumping trillions into the economy? Was it Obama's policies creating all that job growth or the Trillions (with a T) the fed was pumping back into the economy stimulating all that job growth?

Last edited by Rocko; 10-08-2019 at 04:57 PM..

5 days ago '19        #111
space
space
space
 Rocko said
Right the quote said Obama's policies stabilized the economy. If it was Obama's policies that were stabilizing the economy then why was the fed pumping trillions into the economy? Was it Obama's policies creating all that job growth or the Trillions (with a T) the fed was pumping back into the economy stimulating all that job growth?
Because Federal Reserve funds were used to put “cash” into the hands of the automakers being bailed out (and the banks as well).

Lots of Fed. Reserve money was used to back up Obama’s policies that were put in place to stabilize the economy.

This isn’t news. It was being reported on in 2011.

5 days ago '19        #112
Rocko 
space
space
space
 Mr Insecurity said
Because Federal Reserve funds were used to put “cash” into the hands of the automakers being bailed out (and the banks as well).

Lots of Fed. Reserve money was used to back up Obama’s policies that were put in place to stabilize the economy.

This isn’t news. It was being reported on in 2011.

Right because Barack Obama's policies weren't even close to being enough to stabilize the economy and the effects his policies actually had on the economy are far overblown. His policies did so little to help the economy the feds had to print out trillions of dollars to stabilize it. I wonder if the economy would even be in a different place than it is today if Obama did nothing at all?

Last edited by Rocko; 10-09-2019 at 05:31 AM..

5 days ago '18        #113
space
space
 Rocko said
Right because Barack Obama's policies weren't even close to being enough to stabilize the economy and the effects his policies actually had on the economy are far overblown. His policies did so little to help the economy the feds had to print out trillions of dollars to stabilize it. I wonder if the economy would even be in a different place than it is today if Obama did nothing at all?
U talking about Obama at 5am

oh u REALLY got a mental problem. Got get cha kids up for school or something wth

5 days ago '19        #114
Rocko 
space
space
space
 Juliette DaBlok said
U talking about Obama at 5am

oh u REALLY got a mental problem. Got get cha kids up for school or something wth
Shut up bi*ch, men are talking right now.

5 days ago '18        #115
space
space
 Rocko said
Shut up bi*ch, men are talking right now.
You're neglecting your kids. You're a fuking deadbeat

Go brush ya teeth dirty a*s n*gga

5 days ago '19        #116
Rocko 
space
space
space
 Juliette DaBlok said
You're neglecting your kids. You're a fuking deadbeat

Go brush ya teeth dirty a*s n*gga
This is my last time giving you a daily dose of my validation you woke up craving, now scram, bi*ch.

5 days ago '18        #117
space
space
 Rocko said
This is my last time giving you a daily dose of my validation you woke up craving, now scram, bi*ch.
5am Birds chirping, people eating breakfast or getting ready for work and ur on the internet throwing an Obama tantrum

5 days ago '19        #118
Rocko 
space
space
space
This n*gga really woke up with d*ckriding Obama on his mind, good Lord. What a weirdo

5 days ago '18        #119
space
space
 Rocko said
This n*gga really woke up with d*ckriding Obama on his mind, good Lord. What a weirdo
At least you're man enough to admit your faults

5 days ago '19        #120
Rocko 
space
space
space
And he can't read. Dude's a weirdo frfr

5 days ago '18        #121
BradTheGreat  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$2,285   Props total: 4670 4670
 Sin said
Its crazy how they could put one man over the nation
Not just the nation, but beyond. Even their religious beliefs are all gone, because they rather put him on top before anything else.

It's insane.
+2   

5 days ago '11        #122
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$34,456   Props total: 108394 108394
 BradTheGreat said
Not just the nation, but beyond. Even their religious beliefs are all gone, because they rather put him on top before anything else.

It's insane.
It goes against logic for some to support someone who politics opposes their life

My coworkers in medical debt because of a sick son but opposes any liberal healthcare policy because he feels everything government run is terrible

But loves anything trump proposes, he disagree with trump on the fed rate but trust trump knows what hes doing

5 days ago '18        #123
BradTheGreat  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$2,285   Props total: 4670 4670
 Sin said
It goes against logic for some to support someone who politics opposes their life

My coworkers in medical debt because of a sick son but opposes any liberal healthcare policy because he feels everything government run is terrible

But loves anything trump proposes, he disagree with trump on the fed rate but trust trump knows what hes doing
It's the same thing at this insurance company I was getting ready to work for.

I mean, the department I worked in was literally "Trump country".

I'm glad they let me go, because trust me, it's like literally putting a voice to the dumb sh*t they say on Facebook.

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  23
Image(s) inside Yearbook Picture
89 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+173online now  21
Video inside Tom from MySpace resurfaced
132 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-19online now  18
Image(s) inside THE CRAZIEST PICS You'll EVER SEE! HIP HOP & BLK CULTURE Turn THE ENTI..
158 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  5
Martin Scorsese Doubles Down On Marvel Movie Criticism
80 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy