Feb 12 - Toys R Us plans revival by 2019 holiday season

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '08        #26
Ron O'Neal 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,665 | Props total: 2087 2087
 ARosary said
The missing point I see nobody mentioning is their ridiculous markups....THAT WAS THE MAIN PROBLEM, aside from others.
This right here!!!! Prices were entirely too high
+1   

1 week ago '16        #27
Aztlan 86 heat pts86
space
space
$11,657 | Props total: 30271 30271
 Bang On Em said
Why? Kids don't play with toys anymore. They rather play a game on their phone or a tablet. I don't understand why Toys R Us hasn't gone strictly digital yet. It's a waste of money to pay for those big buildings that are always going to be half empty. There's a reason why Malls won't even exist 20 years from now.
Somebody is playing with toys.

Toys R Us didn't go bankrupt because kids are solely digital now.

1 week ago '05        #28
precys 91 heat pts91
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 11067 11067
 lato9905 said
Ill explain to you the problem that Ive seen first hand. They will want to run up and down those aisles and buy EVERYTHING BUT when they get home they will play with it for 10 minutes, throw that sh*t in a corner and go back to playing Fortnite.

Suddenly all that money you spent is nothing but clutter and a waste. These kids have no imagination to be playing with army figurines / hot wheels or any of that sh*t anymore.

I get what you mean but we can't base our a*sumptions just off a very select few. Not all kids are like that and at least now the child has options and things to play with when they can't play video games. I would play with my toys while watching cartoons and at the park. Especially if the toy matched the cartoon I was watching, I became part of the cartoon LMAO Kids will want to go to the park if they're taken to them at a young age and show them the possible real life adventure fun it can be playing outside too instead of us using video games and tablets and phones as a replacement because we're too selfish to put in the work to Shadow and mold our own children's behavior let alone monitor it. We "too busy" living our lives. We have a lot of dumb a*s people in this world that don't even know how to take care of themselves because of that very reason and then turn around and have kids passing on those same traits lol

Either way, your don't wanna limit the child from options, just adjust by the child's likes and habits. If you see that your child is someone that is less about toys, then so be it but don't a*sume your child is gonna be that way without introducing them to the opportunity of isles full of toys. It can be a once or twice a year kinda thing. We was broke so it was an event for me like going to Disneyland or something LMAO

1 week ago '10        #29
SnowFleury 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,246 | Props total: 10009 10009
Everyone who remembers pre-tech life loves Toys R Us of course...we want it back for nostalgic reasons...but business-wise, idk if it makes much sense. Feel like kid's today don't really play with toys like we had anymore. Even if they do though, the internet and Amazon and all seems to have crippled the brick and mortar market.

Kinda sad cause going to the toy store as a kid was fun as fu*k
+1   

1 week ago '06        #30
Yung Dilla 1566 heat pts1566
space
space
$62,634 | Props total: 61769 61769
This is gonna go as well as circuit city relaunch lol.

1 week ago '04        #31
diamond4981 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,014 | Props total: 244 244
it was the parent company that owned them fault for why they went out of business. Mismanagement on their end. I saw a article or youtube video on it.
+1   

1 week ago '06        #32
"SS" 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,354 | Props total: 9706 9706
It's been so long since I've been in a toys r us store, i can honestly say i didn't even notice when they closed. My 11 year old has never in his life woke up and said daddy i wanna go to toys r us today. I loved that store as a kid and wanted to go every chance I got, but kids are just different now, they have everything they ever wanted in their electronic devices and really don't give a sh*t about playing with toys
+1   

1 week ago '06        #33
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,499 | Props total: 5174 5174
I wouldnt give my 2-5 year old kid a digital device, other than for learning. They are going to love the sh*t out of some toys.

1 week ago '17        #34
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,853 | Props total: 28791 28791
Oh, another everything must go sale on the way? Sign me up.

1 week ago '04        #35
birdman22 
space
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 174 174
Amazon will always win out because cheaper and easier. If it's not in stock ok just wait for it to be in stock. Also if u wanna ship to family u just ship it right to them.

For toys r us to make it u need it to be a fun experience. You need to make deals with toy makers to have exclusives just for ur stores and maybe add rides or something for kids to do. If it's a regular store again it will go out of business.

1 week ago '17        #36
dubsax 13 heat pts13
space
space
$8,242 | Props total: 26125 26125
 tdnupe3 said
That's a great idea, and a really viable option for them. I don't see any other options for them. Amazon really k*lled them.
Imagine play parties with console rooms with big screens kids can play any game on any system.
Then having a gift card/ticket system so instead of crappy counter trinkets you can win things from the attached store or be able to give gift cards so the birthday boy/girl can shop after the party.
+2   

1 week ago '05        #37
Woodwin 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,034 | Props total: 5304 5304
 ARosary said
The missing point I see nobody mentioning is their ridiculous markups....THAT WAS THE MAIN PROBLEM, aside from others.
Exactly how you the toy emporium and prices high AF. Inside of toys r us had the same damn layout since I been 5
+1   

1 week ago '18        #38
Proffesor X 26 heat pts26
space
space
$3,051 | Props total: 11502 11502
Do exclusive pop up stores with bottomed out discounted prices on higher priced items. You might have to take a slight hit, but you you will get your name back out there.........

But I am no CEO and don't know sh*t about sh*t........
+1   

1 week ago '18        #39
Idgafth0 
space
space
space
$512 | Props total: 1279 1279
They need to not

1 week ago '18        #40
Blaffy 108 heat pts108
space
space
space
$7,161 | Props total: 23638 23638

[instagram - click to view]

1 week ago '19        #41
GetYaCoinsKing 1 heat pts
space
space
$192 | Props total: 829 829
They need to hang it up, Close down stores and turn them into eCommerce warehouses. They have the brand recognition to where i'm certain they can sit-down with Monopoly/Mattel/Barbie etc. and create Toy's R Us only exclusives and strictly sell them online. Worst comes to worst turn the stores into playhouses similar to Chuckie Cheeses etc.

Instead their CEOs are trying so hard to use costly, inefficient and outdated methods to compete; Sadly this wont end good and i'm willing to bet they'll be bankrupt before they even reach profit again.

1 week ago '18        #42
Blaffy 108 heat pts108
space
space
space
$7,161 | Props total: 23638 23638

[instagram - click to view]

Grab all the toys

1 week ago '08        #43
tdnupe3 14 heat pts14
space
space
$8,744 | Props total: 26212 26212
 dubsax said
Imagine play parties with console rooms with big screens kids can play any game on any system.
Then having a gift card/ticket system so instead of crappy counter trinkets you can win things from the attached store or be able to give gift cards so the birthday boy/girl can shop after the party.
That sounds like a REALLY good idea. A lot of grown people would have parties and work outings there too. Don't mess around and get a liquor license.

We may be on to something here fam.

1 week ago '14        #44
mrwoods2 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,810 | Props total: 5826 5826

[pic - click to view]

1 week ago '08        #45
bigshock 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,175 | Props total: 57 57
I worked at a Babies r us/Toy r us (side by side) for I think five years.....fu*kem. Really sh*tty management. They over extended often with ideas. They cut hella corners. I don't miss that place. They paid reasonably well in 08 though. While all the comp was cutting pay, they only slightly did. It was like a damn sweat shop when it came to the productivity expectations. Unrealistic sh*t. Considering they closed doors five years after I left, I see why. They knew the writing was on the wall. Now that I think about it, they been knew because every time I turned around they were consolidating departments and firing groups of mofos on conference calls. I know when the doors closed they did the regular non management employees dirty.

1 week ago '06        #46
daffysm 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,748 | Props total: 2823 2823
 ARosary said
yup, i actually went in there on multiple occasions just to look for items...

every time, said item would be $29.99 and a quick google search would return $17.99 from walmart and $14.99 from amazon

no brainer

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+170online now  17
Video inside Caught My bi-ch Cheatin'...
130 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+66online now  11
Image(s) inside thai beauty
45 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  10
Feb 19 - Sell Montana to Canada for $1 trillion to ease US national debt, peti..
147 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside CAPTAIN MARVEL "First Reactions"
142 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy