Oct 9 - 8-year old girl, others easily climb model of trump's "impenetrable" border fence

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
20 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '10        #1
2395 page views
40 comments

Bandito  308 heat pts308
space
space
space
$10,639   Props total: 29180 29180
Oct 9 - 8-year old girl, others easily climb model of trump's "impenetrable" border fence

When President Donald Trump announced that his signature wall at the U.S.’s southern border would be “virtually impenetrable” while visiting San Diego last month, Rick Weber, who co-founded the Muir Valley rock climbing park in Rogers, Kentucky, was listening.

“You don’t tell a bona fide rock climber something’s impossible to climb,” Weber tells TIME.

Weber took the President’s claim as a challenge. He says he constructed his own replica of the wall, relying on the wall’s official dimensions as well as recent images of the structure. This weekend, Weber is planning to invite climbers attending the “Rocktoberfest” rock climbing festival at the nearby Red River Gorge canyon system in Kentucky to climb the model. Guests will be challenged to compete to climb up and over the wall in the fastest time.

Several people have already managed to climb up the wall replica, including 8-year-old Lucy Hancock. Hancock didn’t use any ropes or other tools to climb the wall, but wore a belay, a safety device designed to catch a falling climber. An adult climber, Erik Kloeker, was up and over the wall in about 40 seconds.

Lucy’s mother, Karla Hancock, tells TIME that her daughter has shown a natural inclination toward politics and rock climbing from a young age. Recently, Karla says Lucy has been interested in immigration, although the third-grader has found the national dialogue about immigration policy to be confusing.

“To her, it’s black and white: If somebody’s hungry, and you have the means to give to them, why couldn’t you?” Hancock says.

In 2017, the Government Accountability Office said that Customs and Border Protection had reported that there were 654 miles of fencing on the border. TIME reported in August that all the walls constructed so far this year have replaced older fencing, but last month Defense Secretary Mark Esper authorized a plan to reallocate $3.6 billion initially set aside for military construction projects to build Trump’s long-touted border wall without congressional approval for the funds. The Defense Department is now aiming to redirect $6.1 billion toward building 295 miles of wall since Trump declared a national emergency in February.

President Trump has said that 20 mountain climbers claimed the border wall design is difficult to climb, but Weber and other climbers have said that seems unlikely.

“We were all very puzzled because none of us in the climbing community had heard of these 20 people that had supposedly tried this wall,” Weber says.

The bollard-style wall at the border, which could also be described as a fence, consists of long, thin columns, with a flat panel that sticks up out of the top. Trump’s wall at the border will be 18 or 30 feet tall in different areas, and Weber says that he decided to construct the smaller, 18-foot dimension to save money. However, Weber says that since the top panel is the same size regardless of the wall’s height, the experience of climbing the higher wall should not be much more difficult, as climbers would only need to “shimmy” a bit further up the pillars.

Weber also says that he decided to allow the climbers to grab the edge of the top panel because he learned that this would be possible when climbing the actual border wall. According to Weber, he’s seen that there are gaps between each panel in photos of the proposed border wall.

Weber says that grabbing the panel’s edge makes climbing the wall a “piece of cake” for a climber. If there were no gaps, Weber estimates that climbers would need to be significantly taller than Lucy — at least about five feet 10 inches tall — to climb up and over the wall.

Weber says that he meant for the climbing competition to be fun, but also wants to point out that the border wall may be “ineffective.”

“I’m not making an argument that we shouldn’t have a secure border. I’m not doing that at all,” he says. “What I’m trying to do is to make sure that we’re not blowing a lot of money on some silly nonsense of putting up something that he thinks can’t be climbed. Because it can. And will be.”

visit this link https://time.com/5694432/ .. -wall-replica/

8 year old climbing that sh*t without ropes or anything. image
+11   

best
worst
40 comments

2 weeks ago '16        #2
OWPE  112 heat pts112
space
space
$7,003   Props total: 18091 18091
Funny that model has that concrete thing at the top. Thats not on the US border to help them mount a rope. Shambles

Trumps wall is much taller than that with no rope support at the top. Look at how small Trump and the other adults are at the bottom, now go look at the wall in the photo you posted. The girl is more than halfway up it basically. That image in the OP is fake news

Last edited by OWPE; 10-09-2019 at 02:29 PM..

2 weeks ago '14        #3
TheRiverStyx  15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,536   Props total: 14747 14747
 OWPE said
Funny that model has that concrete thing at the top. Thats not on the US border to help them mount a rope. Shambles

"Several people have already managed to climb up the wall replica, including 8-year-old Lucy Hancock. Hancock didn’t use any ropes or other tools to climb the wall, but wore a belay, a safety device designed to catch a falling climber."

Reading is fundamental.

To translate, because we know how slow you are, you don't need a rope to climb it.
+19   

2 weeks ago '08        #4
cohs  14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$5,781   Props total: 16801 16801
 TheRiverStyx said
"Several people have already managed to climb up the wall replica, including 8-year-old Lucy Hancock. Hancock didn’t use any ropes or other tools to climb the wall, but wore a belay, a safety device designed to catch a falling climber."

Reading is fundamental.

To translate, because we know how slow you are, you don't need a rope to climb it.
They don’t even attempt.
+6   

2 weeks ago '16        #5
OWPE  112 heat pts112
space
space
 TheRiverStyx said

Reading is fundamental.

Show me how someone is gonna climb that wall picture i posted without a rope.

Serious question for you, why include that weak photo in the article if thats not what is happening? Why not show a picture of the people climbing this "replica"

Shambles. Click on the link of the article and watch their video "evidence". How slow are you?

2 weeks ago '14        #6
space
space
 OWPE said

Serious question for you, why include that weak photo in the article if thats not what is happening? Why not show a picture of the people climbing this "replica"

Shambles

The rope in the picture is a safety measure smart guy...

The picture is trying to show that even a young girl can scale the fence.

Try reading before commenting just once.
+6   

2 weeks ago '16        #7
OWPE  112 heat pts112
space
space
 TheRiverStyx said
The rope in the picture is a safety measure smart guy...

The picture is trying to show that even a young girl can scale the fence.

Try reading before commenting just once.
She cannot scale the fence. Number 1, the fence is much taller. Number 2, she can't grab the fence on the side like how she does in the video.

Once again, go click the link to the article and watch the video demonstration.

The article claims all of this can be done without a rope, yet their video evidence doesn't show anyone scaling without a rope, and definitely not in 40 seconds like the article suggests. The demonstration video on their article is longer than 40 secs, and that wall is not as tall as the real thing. The girl struggles and then grabs the side of the top to help try to get over, which you can't grab cuz there is no side.

Any intelligent person would realize that the video evidence would show someone without a rope doing it in 40 secs........

Since you don't want to watch the video, here's a screenshot of her grabbing the side of the fence which isn't possible to do.

Last edited by OWPE; 10-09-2019 at 02:44 PM..

2 weeks ago '14        #8
space
space
 OWPE said
She cannot scale the fence. Number 1, the fence is much taller. Number 2, she can't grab the fence on the side like how she does in the video.

Once again, go click the link to the article and watch the video demonstration.

The article claims all of this can be done without a rope, yet their video evidence doesn't show anyone scaling without a rope, and definitely not in 40 seconds like the article suggests. The demonstration video on their article is longer than 40 secs, and that wall is not as tall as the real thing. The girl struggles and then grabs the side of the top to help try to get over, which you can't grab cuz there is no side.

Any intelligent person would realize that the video evidence would show someone without a rope doing it in 40 secs........

I watched the video smart guy. Again, the rope is simply for safety. If the parents hadn't put a safety rope on her you'd be in here screaming child abuse.

Get lost troll.
+3   

2 weeks ago '10        #9
Bandito  308 heat pts308 OP
space
space
space
 OWPE said

Shambles. Click on the link of the article and watch their video "evidence". How slow are you?

Read the article.

Trump’s wall at the border will be 18 or 30 feet tall in different areas, and Weber says that he decided to construct the smaller, 18-foot dimension to save money. However, Weber says that since the top panel is the same size regardless of the wall’s height, the experience of climbing the higher wall should not be much more difficult, as climbers would only need to “shimmy” a bit further up the pillars.
18 or 30 feet, it don't matter. They use the gaps in the fence to straddle with their feet and arms. One guy was able to go over 18 feet in 40 seconds. What's another 12 feet going to accomplish in stopping someone getting to the top.

Maybe we need to listen to trump's ideas about the "moot" with gators.
+7   

2 weeks ago '19        #10
Bucks414  72 heat pts72
space
space
$2,207   Props total: 4913 4913
 OWPE said

Trumps wall is much taller than that with no rope support at the top. Look at how small Trump and the other adults are at the bottom, now go look at the wall in the photo you posted. The girl is more than halfway up it basically. That image in the OP is fake news

stupid drumpf supporter illegals will just easily take a construction crane to the border and plant one on top of the wall!@ iMPeaChhhhh

2 weeks ago '19        #11
Bucks414  72 heat pts72
space
space
 Bandito said
Read the article.

18 or 30 feet, it don't matter. They use the gaps in the fence to straddle with their feet and arms. One guy was able to go over 18 feet in 40 seconds. What's another 12 feet going to accomplish in stopping someone getting to the top.

good luck saddling on a sun-bathed metal object without burning your skin off

2 weeks ago '16        #12
OWPE  112 heat pts112
space
space
 Bandito said
Read the article.

Because as seen with this screenshot, they climb on the side of the fence/wall when they get to the top, which isn't possible with the real wall. And also, without a "safety rope" if you fall, thats 30 feet you're falling.

Also, notice how they claim some adult did 18 feet in 40 secs, yet they didn't show any evidence of that. How hard is it, with everyone having a cell phone, to simply record someone for 40 secs? Do you even use your brain?

2 weeks ago '10        #13
space
space
space
 Bucks414 said
good luck saddling on a sun-bathed metal object without burning your skin off
I guess you would climb the fence at night like someone with sense.
+9   

2 weeks ago '19        #14
Bucks414  72 heat pts72
space
space
 Bandito said
I guess you would climb the fence at night like someone with sense.
Someone with sense would cross the border legally

2 weeks ago '10        #15
space
space
space
 OWPE said
Because as seen with this screenshot, they climb on the side of the fence/wall when they get to the top, which isn't possible with the real wall. And also, without a "safety rope" if you fall, thats 30 feet you're falling.

Also, notice how they claim some adult did 18 feet in 40 secs, yet they didn't show any evidence of that. How hard is it, with everyone having a cell phone, to simply record someone for 40 secs? Do you even use your brain?

The fence is going to be up all weekend at the climbing event in Kentucky. Pretty sure there will be videos coming out of people climbing it.

This guy was able to do the 18 foot fence in El Paso in less than 10 seconds.

Another thing. They are doing it without ropes or anything else to help them. That doesn't mean it has to be done that way.
+7   

2 weeks ago '19        #16
Gold Face  11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$6,644   Props total: 15144 15144
Dumb mufu*kas think the average 8 year old gin scale that sh*t with no rope

More power to those high developed skilled kids

With skills like that you can probably find work in Mexico anyway

2 weeks ago '10        #17
space
space
space
 Gold Face said
Dumb mufu*kas think the average 8 year old gin scale that sh*t with no rope

More power to those high developed skilled kids

With skills like that you can probably find work in Mexico anyway
I know kids that climb that sh*t with ease.
That fence ain't hard to climb. It almost looks like it was designed to be climbed.

Again. Check out how easy it was for this guy. 1 minute mark.

+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #18
Gold Face  11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$6,644   Props total: 15144 15144
 Bandito said
I know kids that climb that sh*t with ease.
That fence ain't hard to climb. It almost looks like it was designed to be climbed.

Again. Check out how easy it was for this guy. 1 minute mark.

Lmao shut all the way the fu*k up

1 out of 100,000 kids can climb that sh*t and they get a pass from gold face into the United States for being that skilled

1 out of 10,000 kids can barely climb up the monkey bars without breaking their neck

2 weeks ago '10        #19
space
space
space
 Gold Face said
Lmao shut all the way the fu*k up

1 out of 100,000 kids can climb that sh*t and they get a pass from gold face into the United States for being that skilled

1 out of 10,000 kids can barely climb up the monkey bars without breaking their neck

Just because conservative's children are obese and out of shape don't mean everyone raises their kids that way.
+4   

2 weeks ago '10        #20
JWebb 
space
space
space
$232   Props total: 734 734
Put any border wall around my 1 year olds crib and she’s climbing out over the wall.
+5   

2 weeks ago '07        #21
Ghost Terp  18 heat pts18
space
space
$16,602   Props total: 6960 6960
I don't get it. You could just throw a long rope over top of it, grab it from the other side and anchor it with something heavy at the bottom. Then just climb the rope.

Am I missing something? Lol
+11   

2 weeks ago '15        #22
TheCompanyMan  64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,218   Props total: 4072 4072
 OWPE said

#ThingsOutOfShapePeopleSay
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #23
Aztlan  143 heat pts143
space
space
$16,057   Props total: 44703 44703
The Trump c*ck Gobblers came in here to defend the "un-climbability" of bollard-style fencing?
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #24
space
space
space
 Ghost Terp said
I don't get it. You could just throw a long rope over top of it, grab it from the other side and anchor it with something heavy at the bottom. Then just climb the rope.

Am I missing something? Lol
The part of the article that is being overlooked is where trump was lying again.

President Trump has said that 20 mountain climbers claimed the border wall design is difficult to climb, but Weber and other climbers have said that seems unlikely.

“We were all very puzzled because none of us in the climbing community had heard of these 20 people that had supposedly tried this wall,” Weber says.
These experienced people are saying, ropes or not, the fence is easy to climb. Fox News even had a fraudulent article awile back that some Navy Seals were saying they couldn't find a way to over the fence. People that believe that bullsh*t shouldn't be allowed to vote.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #25
justinjones  312 heat pts312
space
space
$53,577   Props total: 17343 17343
 JWebb said
Put any border wall around my 1 year olds crib and she’s climbing out over the wall.
People that don’t have kids don’t know that kids LOVE to climb sh*t. They will find a way to climb any damn thing
+4   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+504online now  21
Image(s) inside How I make 4K+ a month 100% LEGALLY doing barely anything(if i'm lying..
242 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+23online now  17
Image(s) inside You guys were right about The Game
313 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+83online now  12
Cousin Skeeter/One On One Actor Reveals He's A CRIP, Busts Out Flag