Oct 8 - 28% Of Republicans Now Support Impeachment Action

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 week ago '10        #1
300 page views
22 comments

Bandito  302 heat pts302
space
space
space
$10,542   Props total: 28835 28835
Oct 8 - 28% Of Republicans Now Support Impeachment Action

A 58 percent majority of Americans say House Democrats were right to begin an impeachment inquiry of President Trump, and a 49 percent plurality say the House should vote to remove him from office, according to a Washington Post-Schar School poll released Tuesday morning. Support for impeachment has jumped significantly across the board since the White House released a transcript of Trump's July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in late September.

There is a clear partisan split in the results, but 28 percent of Republicans said they support the House impeachment investigation — a 21-point jump from a Washington Post/ABC News poll in July — and 18 percent of Republicans want the House to "vote to remove Trump from office." Meanwhile, 86 percent of Democrats and 57 percent of independents support the impeachment investigation; 78 percent of Democrats and 49 percent of independents want the House to vote to evict Trump from the White House. There's also a generation gap — 40 percent of Republicans age 18-39 back the impeachment investigation versus 23 percent of those 40-64 and 13 percent of Republicans 65 and older.

The Post and George Mason University's Schar School of Policy and Government conducted the poll by phone Oct. 1-6 among 1,007 U.S. adults, and the margin or sampling error for the entire survey is ±3.5 percentage points. The results were nearly identical for U.S. adults and registered voters.

On FiveThirtyEight's aggregate of impeachment polling, which did not include this new poll, 46.5 percent support the impeachment inquiry and 44.7 percent do not.

visit this link https://www.theweek.com/s .. peachment-push

Full results of the poll
visit this link https://www.washingtonpos .. b37_story.html
+3   

best
worst
22 comments

1 week ago '17        #2
Ymmot  24 heat pts24
space
space
space
$14,535   Props total: 35106 35106
Damn, if trump gets impeached...
+1   

1 week ago '10        #3
Bandito  302 heat pts302 OP
space
space
space
$10,542   Props total: 28835 28835
 Ymmot said
It's beginning to look like when, not if.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #4
Gold Face  11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$6,644   Props total: 15142 15142
Fake news

1 week ago '08        #5
tdnupe3  20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,980   Props total: 32837 32837
 Ymmot said
Dude, they are dragging their feet on just doing an inquiry. I don't see them impeaching him. Especially after they've already come out and said that it was a "non-starter."

It would be great if they did it. I just don't have faith that they come close to having the balls to do it.

Last edited by tdnupe3; 10-08-2019 at 08:27 PM..
+2   

1 week ago '16        #6
Boogersugar  115 heat pts115
space
space
$6,946   Props total: 27249 27249
 tdnupe3 said
Dude, they are dragging their feet on just doing an inquiry. I don't see them impeaching him. Especially after they've already come out and said that it was a "non-starter."

It would be great if the did it. I just don't have faith that come close to having the balls to do it.

The political calculus is changing very rapidly. I agree that leadership was cowardly and paid too much attention to the polls when weighing whether to launch an inquiry but... the polls are changing now so if they're still paying attention - and there's no reason to believe they aren't - they see that they're winning the public over and should respond by turning up the heat.

Impeachment rests in the House. He'll be impeached for sure. Whether he'll be convicted in the Senate is up in the air, and still unlikely, but as recently as two weeks ago I would've said there's no chance. Now it's just unlikely. As more leaks, opinions could continue to move in either direction. Trump's stonewalling can only buy him so much time. Republicans are going to have to talk about this sh*t a lot when they get back to the Hill and that'll be a big pressure point for any Republicans in tough districts.

Removal is still pretty unlikely but impeachment is a good bet. I might look and see if there are lines on that because I think that's eeeeeaaaaasy money.

+4   

1 week ago '06        #7
Skateboard T  59 heat pts59
space
space
$27,372   Props total: 47482 47482
Five thirty eight has an aggregate 16% support now which is still high. Honestly the more Trump talks to more these numbers go up.
+2   

1 week ago '15        #8
AdRock  4 heat pts4
space
space
$3,151   Props total: 10261 10261
Interesting the break in the Conservative demo by Age. Bodes poorly for Trump, the youngest voters in the party, also the largest swath, are the most eager to do the right thing... honestly, I would’ve thought it to be the opposite bc these young buck’s FRONT so hard for Trump, but we see where y’all really stand behind closed doors. They know they the ones who really getting screwed by this in the end. Not the Rich Cats in their party, time for them to wake up and realize they’re simply pawns. That movement ain’t for them...

Last edited by AdRock; 10-09-2019 at 06:35 AM..
+2   

1 week ago '17        #9
Ifeellikekobe  119 heat pts119
space
space
$8,796   Props total: 38636 38636
Guys but but but fake news
+3   

1 week ago '18        #10
Eyesofchaos  24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,481   Props total: 2413 2413
 Gold Face said
Fake news
All part of the plan man. It gets voted up, sh*t goes to trial, oh look we get to intoduce subpoenas and discovery and actually show evidence. Then BAM last trap card activated! FISA DECLASS and I think he has a contingency plan for this as well. Still a win nonetheless and looks bad for msm and certain ppl pushing this hard. Didn't a Democrat come out the other day and say she was pressured to vote up impeachment? I wonder how many others we'll see within a few weeks claim the same thing?

1 week ago '04        #11
ohhohh  3 heat pts3
space
space
$2,151   Props total: 3876 3876
 Boogersugar said
The political calculus is changing very rapidly. I agree that leadership was cowardly and paid too much attention to the polls when weighing whether to launch an inquiry but... the polls are changing now so if they're still paying attention - and there's no reason to believe they aren't - they see that they're winning the public over and should respond by turning up the heat.

Impeachment rests in the House. He'll be impeached for sure. Whether he'll be convicted in the Senate is up in the air, and still unlikely, but as recently as two weeks ago I would've said there's no chance. Now it's just unlikely. As more leaks, opinions could continue to move in either direction. Trump's stonewalling can only buy him so much time. Republicans are going to have to talk about this sh*t a lot when they get back to the Hill and that'll be a big pressure point for any Republicans in tough districts.

Removal is still pretty unlikely but impeachment is a good bet. I might look and see if there are lines on that because I think that's eeeeeaaaaasy money.

Funny how Senate Republicans keep saying "high crimes" and "treason" is constitutional/considerable terms for impeachment for removal of office like abuse of presidential power isn't one of those....but its on the Dems to make a strong enough case to present the facts backing that.

1 week ago '06        #12
space
space
 Eyesofchaos said
All part of the plan man. It gets voted up, sh*t goes to trial, oh look we get to intoduce subpoenas and discovery and actually show evidence. Then BAM last trap card activated! FISA DECLASS and I think he has a contingency plan for this as well. Still a win nonetheless and looks bad for msm and certain ppl pushing this hard. Didn't a Democrat come out the other day and say she was pressured to vote up impeachment? I wonder how many others we'll see within a few weeks claim the same thing?
Lmao stay off the Q bro.

1 week ago '18        #13
space
space
 Skateboard T said
Lmao stay off the Q bro.

1 week ago '12        #14
OldBusiness  193 heat pts193
space
space
$33,875   Props total: 72670 72670
 ohhohh said
Funny how Senate Republicans keep saying "high crimes" and "treason" is constitutional/considerable terms for impeachment for removal of office like abuse of presidential power isn't one of those....but its on the Dems to make a strong enough case to present the facts backing that.
 Boogersugar said

tdnupe3 said

It would be great if they did it. I just don't have faith that they come close to having the balls to do it.

Thing is his teams actions are playing directly into.Pelosis plan lol.

For instance his refusal to adhere to her subpoenas is literally in line with one of the Articles of impeachment brought against Nixon. The third article against Nixon said:

In his conduct of the office of President of the United States, Richard M. Nixon, contrary to his oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has failed without lawful cause or excuse to produce papers and things as directed by duly authorized subpoenas issued by the Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives on April 11, 1974, May 15, 1974, May 30, 1974, and June 24, 1974, and willfully disobeyed such subpoenas. The subpoenaed papers and things were deemed necessary by the Committee in order to resolve by direct evidence fundamental, factual questions relating to Presidential direction, knowledge or approval of actions demonstrated by other evidence to be substantial grounds for impeachment of the President. In refusing to produce these papers and things Richard M. Nixon, substituting his judgment as to what materials were necessary for the inquiry, interposed the powers of the Presidency against the lawful subpoenas of the House of Representatives, thereby a*suming to himself functions and judgments necessary to the exercise of the sole power of impeachment vested by the Constitution in the House of Representatives.
He cant defy the inquiry like hes telling his followers and hes just buying time in order to evade the inevitable

The constitution gives the house the power to impeach and perform an inquiry. Nowhere in there does it give the president the power to.hide in the whitehouse behind Jay Sekulow.

Shambles.
+3   

1 week ago '10        #15
IITHUNDABR3ADII  1 heat pts1
space
space
$1,457   Props total: 1741 1741
I think the impeachment thing is stupid but if it leads to president Pence for a bit I'm not too bothered by it...

1 week ago '17        #16
Ymmot  24 heat pts24
space
space
space
 AdRock said
Interesting the break in the Conservative demo by Age. Bodes poorly for Trump, the youngest voters in the party, also the largest swath, are the most eager to do the right thing... honestly, I would’ve thought it to be the opposite bc these young buck’s FRONT so hard for Trump, but we see where y’all really stand behind closed doors. They know they the ones who really getting screwed by this in the end. Not the Rich Cats in their party, time for them to wake up and realize they’re simply pawns. That movement ain’t for them...

His policies are going to be horrible for future generations. And younger people are able to think more rationally about politics because it's all new to them. By the time people are in their mid 30's/early 40's MOST of them are set in their ways and they don't want to hear anything new or try to think differently.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #17
Ymmot  24 heat pts24
space
space
space
 Eyesofchaos said
And then JFK Jr will show up and lead you to the promised land...
+2   

1 week ago '18        #18
space
space
 Ymmot said
And then JFK Jr will show up and lead you to the promised land...
Yeah and I fap vigorously to that thought every night before bed but only AFTER I post on my favorite section on Boxden!

1 week ago '17        #19
Ymmot  24 heat pts24
space
space
space
 tdnupe3 said

Yeah, that's why I've said since day 1 that trump probably won't get impeached. But there is a better chance now than there ever was. The more people throw the idea around the more people get on board because we all have that sheep mentality.
+1   

1 week ago '06        #20
space
space
 tdnupe3 said

Honestly, as sad as it is to admit this, it's all going to depend on the poll numbers.

They're looking for big jumps in independents and republicans.

A 16%/ aggregate with the GOP isn't enough, but if the number gets closer to 40% on the GOP and around 55% to 60% for independents it's a sure thing.

On the other end of the spectrum, if they think that they're all but finished in 2020, they'll probably do it as a Hail Mary.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #21
ohhohh  3 heat pts3
space
space
$2,151   Props total: 3876 3876
 OldBusiness said
Thing is his teams actions are playing directly into.Pelosis plan lol.

For instance his refusal to adhere to her subpoenas is literally in line with one of the Articles of impeachment brought against Nixon. The third article against Nixon said:

He cant defy the inquiry like hes telling his followers and hes just buying time in order to evade the inevitable

The constitution gives the house the power to impeach and perform an inquiry. Nowhere in there does it give the president the power to.hide in the whitehouse behind Jay Sekulow.

Shambles.
Nixon was all into that "stonewalling" bullsh*t, like Trump is trying to take a page right out of his book. So obstruction of Congess should be thrown in there as well.

1 week ago '15        #22
AdRock  4 heat pts4
space
space
$3,151   Props total: 10261 10261
 Ymmot said
His policies are going to be horrible for future generations. And younger people are able to think more rationally about politics because it's all new to them. By the time people are in their mid 30's/early 40's MOST of them are set in their ways and they don't want to hear anything new or try to think differently.
Facts homie nothing but Facts. A lot of these younger cats just riding the wave too, having fun with all the trolling... trying to belong to something... it’s such a phony movement, with no real ideologies

1 week ago '17        #23
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
$13,845   Props total: 38003 38003
Librolz. Librolz. Itz librolz!

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside PS5 Backwards Compatibility (not what you think) Shraggy!?!
32 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
-52online now  7
Image(s) inside What did the Egyptian slaves use to build this
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  5
Video inside Apple Head Gina has her own talk show
30 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  4
Video inside Wesley Snipes Explains Why He Refused To Be In The New Jack City Sequel
45 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy