Tyler Perry tells Gayle King: "I'm ignored in Hollywood"

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 days ago '06        #76
DonYBE  16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,222   Props total: 7408 7408
 TrueWest_1 said
Perry is complete trash. He should be grateful he's successful cuz he's not talented in the aspect of making quality product. He's ignored because he's not respected cuz his work is terrible.

I still can't believe there are people out there who actually watch his movies. His movies are so cringe.

Glad he has his own studio. Maybe someone can use his resources to make something great and quality as opposed to what he's been doing
 DeadendBoy said
Stop wearing women’s clothes and making the same kind of movies n*gga. Make some thought provoking critical acclaim worth sh*t and then it might happen....but even if it doesn’t why keep looking for white acceptance

I posted in another Tyler Perry thread about people contradicting themselves and comments like these is why I say what I say.

6 days ago '09        #77
WasabiTuna  20 heat pts20
space
space
$7,380   Props total: 11877 11877
Not a fan but I did kinda like house of Payne. Curtis was a G and the one chick had a big ol booty.

6 days ago '04        #78
justinjones  312 heat pts312
space
space
$53,556   Props total: 17257 17257
you can’t knock his moves at all. He saved one channel(own) he is about to try to save another one (bet)

But I can’t fu*k with his content at all. The plays are about as far as I can go with him. He’s an ok actor if the script/director got him(gone girl), he’s ok to meh at everything else but he’s wildly successful and trying to build something with it. Can’t hate on that aspect of him

I might be off base but his movies are just pure flix films for black people and I can’t watch either one of those companies

5 days ago '10        #79
StoopidVillinz  22 heat pts22
space
space
$11,068   Props total: 13478 13478
 genobee said
I see you don't fu*k with regular black people because If you did, you would know that it wasn't TP that created this formula. His movie themes have been around for years in the form of black plays. He was just the first to popularize it. As I said you don't know black people. You're just talk from what you see on TV.

Detrimental to the black community? Like rap music or gang banging? You must love it when niccas are rapping about k*lling our people and belittling our women. I can tell you never lived in the hood. I moved out the hood 7 years ago, but I still love my people and will never try to hate on a black man trying to create something for himself or us. As I said, Keep hating.
I donít like tp movies like that..i feel like he just remakes the same movie over and over..but if n*ggas think Tyler Perry movies are detrimental to the black community then n*ggas donít realize thereís bigger issues out here..yes his characters are sometimes stereotypes..but Iím sure Scarface the movie did more damage to the black community than any Tyler Perry movie

5 days ago '16        #80
ImChillin2Hard  2 heat pts2
space
space
$1,598   Props total: 5815 5815
 genobee said
Bro every time you talk it just shows you don't hangout with black people. TP wasn't the first to do this. This style has been around for decades and most black people know that. Guess you never went to all black play or anything like that. Again, stay in you lane. And please learn what detrimental mean.

Also show me another black man that started his own plays, made his own movie, now own his own movie studio all while having a black cast. What he did is ground breaking for black actors, but I guess people like you will never understand. Keep hating brother, keep hating.
I have no more for you sir... We have a differing in opinions and I respect that... Itís been real.

5 days ago '12        #81
Klasicktha1  10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,110   Props total: 4044 4044
 sammcc30 said
All you said was his product is trash, so by what you wrote it appeared you dont like his product/success....if you wrote something before that i didn't read it
What I'm basically saying he hasn't grown as a filmmaker at all and hasn't created a product that captured the attention of those he said ignore him. He is literally making the same film ever since he got on. He. He is literally the only black filmmaker that I seen to have major support from the black community tho even Spike didn't get the support like Tyler did which is amazing
+2   

4 days ago '19        #82
dattrinigal 
space
space
$11   Props total: 10 10
 DeadendBoy said
Respect it enough to the detriment of black people? You are correct in everything you said but we need more than entertainment sometimes bro
The detriment of Black people??? Ok ���� lol �� Y’all so dramatic..... we have way more heavy stuff to worry about than some Tyler Perry movies... I think it’ll be ok.... we’ve survived worse

Last edited by dattrinigal; 10-10-2019 at 06:14 PM..

4 days ago '14        #83
UnclePhilOH16  176 heat pts176
space
space
$3,192   Props total: 8574 8574
 Bidam7 said

4 days ago '16        #84
Bidam7  532 heat pts532
space
space
$33,544   Props total: 89126 89126

4 days ago '06        #85
LYTE  198 heat pts198
space
space
space
$17,128   Props total: 11749 11749
 1Oh said
Tyler Perry named one of his lots after Spike Lee during the grand opening. They squashed their beef. So Spike will probably shoot at Perry Studios at some point.

That's good. I don't get how people can't have different views on some or all things and still be respectful to each other

1Oh said
You can fit Warner Brothers' studio, Walt Disney's studio and Paramount's studio on to Tyler's studio, with more acres to spare.

Dude got a replica White House and a whole prison on his land.
Serious question
Wouldn't that mean he probably spend more money to build than all 3 combined? And those are 3 powerhouses.

I hope greatness continue and his studio is opened to the brothers/sisters in that line of work

4 days ago '15        #86
satsuma  41 heat pts41
space
space
$2,530   Props total: 3391 3391
 Bidam7 said

Glad you did the knowledge!!!!!

4 days ago '16        #87
Boogie1790  9 heat pts9
space
space
$8,865   Props total: 22735 22735
 Scully said
Sounds like you around a lot of low IQ coons. Might even be one yourself
Yea its always a low class country bi*ch wanna come to yo house and watch Tyler Perry Movies.

4 days ago '16        #88
Boogie1790  9 heat pts9
space
space
$8,865   Props total: 22735 22735
 genobee said
Bro every time you talk it just shows you don't hangout with black people. TP wasn't the first to do this. This style has been around for decades and most black people know that. Guess you never went to all black play or anything like that. Again, stay in you lane. And please learn what detrimental mean.

Also show me another black man that started his own plays, made his own movie, now own his own movie studio all while having a black cast. What he did is ground breaking for black actors, but I guess people like you will never understand. Keep hating brother, keep hating.
Amos and Andy was ground breaking in its day too. He getting money and power from those films but the movies dont add to black community. The movies basically display alot of sterotypes.

Lets see if he do some Black Seminole, Gullah Geechie, Bejamin Bannekar, Hannibal Barcca, Harriet Tubman, Black Moor movies first before we act like he so fu*king great.

Who cares about a studio if he just gone display the same sterotypes.

Salute to him but lets see what he does before we make him king.

4 days ago '15        #89
kami  56 heat pts56
space
space
$17,977   Props total: 24062 24062
 genobee said
I swear all you white boys need to stop talking on sh*t that don't concern y'all. I don't know any black people where I'm from that got hate for Tyler Perry. Y'all need to stay in your lane.
Built his bass from the ground up and employs our own people. As a black filmmaker you have to build a niche market and shoot for smaller budgets/returns. Nobody is giving us big budgets.

They call his work a minstrel show but watch wakanda and support stan lee and Iger.

4 days ago '17        #90
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
$1,753   Props total: 5858 5858
 absolut said
Black people man we too hard on ourselves....if Adam Sandler and Michael Bay can make shiat movies for a billion dollars whey canít we ...

That food not for me but let Tyler Perry cook
I agree. Don't fu*k with his movies or TV shows but won't call him a c**n either. I respect his hustle.

4 days ago '17        #91
1Oh  9 heat pts9
space
space
$4,229   Props total: 21967 21967
 LYTE said
Serious question
Wouldn't that mean he probably spend more money to build than all 3 combined? And those are 3 powerhouses.

I hope greatness continue and his studio is opened to the brothers/sisters in that line of work
Considering that he bought the land in Georgia instead of Hollywood California where the other studios are based, he probably got way more acres for significantly less money. But I dont know the details.
+1   

4 days ago '06        #92
LYTE  198 heat pts198
space
space
space
$17,128   Props total: 11749 11749
 1Oh said
Considering that he bought the land in Georgia instead of Hollywood California where the other studios are based, he probably got way more acres for significantly less money. But I dont know the details.
Makes sense

3 days ago '04        #93
Kadroan  215 heat pts215
space
space
$41,048   Props total: 14472 14472
 1Oh said
Tyler may not be able to write a Oscar winning movie or a Emmy winning show, but I can guarantee that plenty Oscar and Emmy winning projects will be filmed on his property for years to come.

You can fit Warner Brothers' studio, Walt Disney's studio and Paramount's studio on to Tyler's studio, with more acres to spare.

Dude got a replica White House and a whole prison on his land.
Yeah ingenious. Crazy to think he was the one to think of buying an old confederate army base.

3 days ago '07        #94
genobee  21 heat pts21
space
space
$2,658   Props total: 1192 1192
 Boogie1790 said
Amos and Andy was ground breaking in its day too. He getting money and power from those films but the movies dont add to black community. The movies basically display alot of sterotypes.

Lets see if he do some Black Seminole, Gullah Geechie, Bejamin Bannekar, Hannibal Barcca, Harriet Tubman, Black Moor movies first before we act like he so fu*king great.

Who cares about a studio if he just gone display the same sterotypes.

Salute to him but lets see what he does before we make him king.
Bro you cant be serious. He doesn't need to do anything like that. You seem to don't understand the significance of him creating/owning his own studio. It's all about freedom for him and other black filmmakers. All the movies you mention, how much money do you think they are gonna make? Those are great Ideas but it doesn't always produce great results. Slave and historic movies are just not popular anymore (I still want a good Harriet Tubman movie). To suggest that he needs make movies that could lose money to appease certain black people is just stupid. People like you are not his fan base, so you have no right to judge him on the movies he make. His goal is to employ black people and made make movies directed at a certain black audience, while giving other black filmmakers the opportunity to create movies they wouldn't be able to otherwise. I'm pretty sure he isn't the only one that gonna use the studio, so many different type of movies will be produced. Long as the movies are produced and owned by a black studio, that's a win for us.

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside VLADTV ex-employee files LAWSUIT AGAINST VLAD FOR RACISM
53 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside Fortnite Season X Ends putting everyone inside a black hole.
70 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside Former Jet life Affiliate Who was beefing with Curren$y , Succeed The P..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  7
Godfrey shuts down Vlad tv
56 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy