Mysterio represented what Scorese was talking about...

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 month ago '05        #51
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
Props total: 39647 39 K  Slaps total: 5883 5 K
 SPdaGOAT said
I’m not upset stop projecting. Just pointing out the irony of you calling n*ggas cornballs because they’re not butthurt over someone’s comic book movie opinion.

Like I said, the fact that you’re hanging on to the literal definition of cinema let me know all I need to about your general intelligence and appreciation for cinema. At this point, I’m just replying to keep putting you in your place.
The basic definition of Cinema is watching entertainment in a theater and that's what these films and every other film is.

You going to keep quoting me trying to dispute that fact, then you really are the one upset.

You emotional, and not using simple logic.

1 month ago '05        #52
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 Doc Logical said

I mean if we're going by textbook definitions here.....

Oh and I love how you did the I know your habits game.

Please tell me about my posting style cause that is ON TOPIC. Yeah ?
Just like I said, off topic.

Holla at me when you address his point about comparing MCU movies to Six Flags.

Until then, we done little n*gga.

1 month ago '13        #53
JosethaHustler 
space
space
Props total: 4824 4 K  Slaps total: 615 615
Marty is tripping,

When Endgame dropped... people were crying.

Now I like Scorsese's movies but I don't remember anybody stopping me in school or at the job or just hanging out telling me they cried like a bi*ch watching his movies.

But a lot of people told me they cried like a bi*ch when Tony died!

That is a performance!
When Cap picked up Thor's hammer!
When Cap heard the Falcon say "on your left"!
When Tony saw Peter, he didn't say sh*t and just hugged him!

That's cinema, that's art... credit to the actors, the writers and directors!

And that's just one MCU movie, Winter Soldier was all that!!!
+1   

1 month ago '05        #54
projectd06 
space
space
Props total: 15379 15 K  Slaps total: 4429 4 K
I have the same issue with OPs threads that Scorcese has with the MCU
+1   

1 month ago '14        #55
Doc Logical  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7 OP
space
space
Props total: 79670 79 K  Slaps total: 23417 23 K
 Micheal C. Will said

I already addressed everything. I'm not gonna argue about something.

That's not happening. That would be crazy.

So byyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Edit: PS, I LOVE how you tried to flip off topic on me, when you went off topic first. THAT'S JUST RICH.

and all I did was point out you bringing that up.

Last edited by Doc Logical; 10-09-2019 at 09:28 AM..

1 month ago '14        #56
Doc Logical  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7 OP
space
space
Props total: 79670 79 K  Slaps total: 23417 23 K
You were a great sport about this @ This was really great.

I haven't debated like this in years.

1 month ago '16        #57
Ghostface Killa 
space
space
Props total: 5611 5 K  Slaps total: 889 889
 SPdaGOAT said
23 movies, breaking worldwide sales records to become the highest grossing franchise in cinematic history,
just to get hated on by a living legend. Hate to see it
Fixed that for you

1 month ago '17        #58
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 42197 42 K  Slaps total: 9787 9 K
 Micheal C. Will said
The basic definition of Cinema is watching entertainment in a theater and that's what these films and every other film is.

You going to keep quoting me trying to dispute that fact, then you really are the one upset.

You emotional, and not using simple logic.
I keep trying to tell you Scorsese wasn’t using cinema in it’s literal term. He was using it in the same context as someone saying chicken scratch is not art.

Nobody is getting emotional stop projecting.

1 month ago '17        #59
space
space
 Ghostface k*lla said
Fixed that for you
No cinema lovers care about sales tho, only casuals use that as a talking point.

1 month ago '17        #60
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said

Yall keep saying MCU films are just entertainment, now you’re saying Scorsese comparing them to Six Flags is wild.

Make up yall damn minds already

1 month ago '05        #61
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Yall keep saying MCU films are just entertainment, now you’re saying Scorsese comparing them to Six Flags is wild.

Make up yall damn minds already

“I don’t see them. I tried, you know? But that’s not cinema,” Scorsese told Empire magazine. “Honestly, the closest I can think of them, as well made as they are, with actors doing the best they can under the circumstances, is theme parks.
I keep forgetting you one of these corny bi*ches who will continue to quote n*ggas debating even when your wrong just to get in the last word like a female.

Well you got it n*gga.

1 month ago '17        #62
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said
I keep forgetting you one of these corny bi*ches who will continue to quote n*ggas debating even when your wrong just to get in the last word like a female.

Well you got it n*gga.
Where is he wrong at? Do employees at theme parks not dress up and play different characters?

Stop projecting

1 month ago '15        #63
Deuce2416 
space
space
Props total: 7717 7 K  Slaps total: 817 817
Didn’t read... but I don’t feel like this topic deserved ANOTHER THREAD

Why the fu*k do y’all care?
+1   

1 month ago '11        #64
Xyrax 
space
space
Props total: 7887 7 K  Slaps total: 633 633
 Micheal C. Will said
Context
Definition of context
1: the parts of a discourse that surround a word or passage and can throw light on its meaning

Context doesn't change definitions, so you and Scorsese better get those forms ready for submission.

Because until then the definition of Cinema is

You can put as much context and opinions you want on it
Facts.
+1   

1 month ago '19        #65
zzxxccvvbb 
space
space
space
Props total: 4201 4 K  Slaps total: 626 626
Scorsese sounds like a bitter old man.

I wouldn't say that I am a fan of the Marvel movies (seen maybe five of them), but they make people happy and they make money, so who cares.

IMO, if you want to tell great stories then make a TV show or mini series.
+3   

1 month ago '19        #66
Von Doom 
space
space
space
Props total: 285 285  Slaps total: 128 128
Now im seeing the objectivity for real..

Some of yall who defending Martin in this case are being more preachy because yall value his career.

All us Comic book heads are saying....Do better Martin. Dont do another gangster, Mob, inner city corruption movie. Do something different to show u know what u talkin about

How long Martin been around? Whats so diverse about his movies. Nothing.

He tells great stories using A list actors but he knows how to use them in their element. Doesnt mean there isnt room for something new.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #67
Petieparker 
space
space
Props total: 9702 9 K  Slaps total: 1019 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Cinema is about directors like him. MCU movies are just youtube videos they show on a big screen. Straight money grabs with no respect for the craft & art of film.

He never said you can’t like it, he just had to remind yall that its no different from a Spy Kids movie. And he’s 100% right.
Ooooo you sure told the MCU. I’m pretty sure they’ll stop making films now cause of some boxden “film historian”. FOH

1 month ago '17        #68
space
space
 Petieparker said
Ooooo you sure told the MCU. I’m pretty sure they’ll stop making films now cause of some boxden “film historian”. FOH
They wont and they shouldnt. My opinion is one of many geek.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #69
space
space
 Von Doom said
Now im seeing the objectivity for real..

Some of yall who defending Martin in this case are being more preachy because yall value his career.

All us Comic book heads are saying....Do better Martin. Dont do another gangster, Mob, inner city corruption movie. Do something different to show u know what u talkin about

How long Martin been around? Whats so diverse about his movies. Nothing.

He tells great stories using A list actors but he knows how to use them in their element. Doesnt mean there isnt room for something new.
If comic book heads are telling Scorsese to do something different from a mov film, then you guys just aren’t knowledgeable about him. He does better comedys & musicals than anyone in the MCU could ever dream of

1 month ago '17        #70
space
space
 Deuce2416 said
Didn’t read... but I don’t feel like this topic deserved ANOTHER THREAD

Why the fu*k do y’all care?
This.

5 days of hearing about how this man opinion dont mean sh*t, like we didnt get it the first day he said this.

1 month ago '13        #71
JosethaHustler 
space
space
Props total: 4824 4 K  Slaps total: 615 615
I'll say it again...
Marty is trippin and stunned. I think the attention and fanfare the MCU has received and the venomous debated of the MCU vs DCEU have him and other directors like him shocked maybe a lil' scared.

If you look at Marty's career how much CGI, green screen and body mapping has he had to contend with. Not much, so then what's the challenge for him, to get actors to provoke some realism while playing their roles, that the actors/actresses don't come back later with lawsuits screaming abuse, and hoping the stunt people and special effects crew don't screw up and k*ll each other on his sets.

That's pretty much it.

Comic book movies; which are essentially scifi fantasy and horror hybrids, have to get you the audience to accept their world exists their reality is possible or at least entertaining enough to sit though their movie and give good reviews to your friends so they'll see it.. The green screen and body mapping is a challenge for the directors and actors/actresses, to get you the audience to accept that what they interact with is real.

They have stunts, car chases, shootouts all the same stuff Marty and his group of cinematographers contend with but these other directors have more of a challenge. I don't care for Zack Snyder storytelling, but I won't knock his visual style... to me his script selection sucks and tries to fix that flaw with stunning visuals.

Black Panther getting awards was a wake up call to "serious cinematographers" but they dismissed it as a social media wave due to the ethnicity of the film. The hype of Infinity War and Endgame is a whole different ballgame. Let me back up, the scenes in Black Panther where the sons interacted with their dead fathers touched a lot of guys. The performances from Rodney Downey Junior in the last two films touched people. The life strike stab he got from Thanos in IW, the loss of Peter, the breakdown in Avenger HQ when he returned in Endgame, the stunned emotional hug for Peter, him dying, and finally the goodbye message for his daughter.

That's acting, whether it's an autobiography, scifi or whatever, that's a performance. People left that movie theater in tears, women children and men.

So what Marty said is irrelevant, if your project doesn't touch people to the point of invoking an emotional response... you ain't producing cinema!!!

Last edited by JosethaHustler; 10-10-2019 at 12:16 AM..
+1   

1 month ago '19        #72
Von Doom 
space
space
space
Props total: 285 285  Slaps total: 128 128
 SPdaGOAT said
If comic book heads are telling Scorsese to do something different from a mov film, then you guys just aren’t knowledgeable about him. He does better comedys & musicals than anyone in the MCU could ever dream of
Nobody is telling grown wealthy man to do anything.

Just like how Martin has a legit opinion. Doesnt mean their isnt "ROOM" in general for improvement. Doesmt mean what i said is any less true.

U mentioned musicals n comedys.
Yet nothing in regards to what i stated about something new. Going back to my original point. Martin has been around for a long time. Has a great career..

Yet yall dont want anything new from him based of some films u liked in the past??
Like Quentin T doesnt have
Thats the crux of it. Mcu represents a new era. Maybe glossy n at times corny. But again... Let Martin touch this genre then he can be a more prominent voice than from the outside lookin in.

A list actors. Never had to make a great film from scraps. Never changed film. Never ever has Martin done a movie where i say.. "Damn... This dude blew me away with this finished product"

Cause thats not him. He tells the story thru GREAT ACTING. Im gonna get more Deniro n Pechino in his future films.. i bet tho

Martin also doesnt use diversity. Which has always been lost in film PERIOD. There is no fresh looks at the world today. Martin luvs letting me know certain people always can be leads. And what else???

Last edited by Von Doom; 10-10-2019 at 03:09 PM..

1 month ago '17        #73
space
space
 Von Doom said
Nobody is telling grown wealthy man to do anything.

Just like how Martin has a legit opinion. Doesnt mean their isnt "ROOM" in general for improvement. Doesmt mean what i said is any less true.

U mentioned musicals n comedys.
Yet nothing in regards to what i stated about something new. Going back to my original point. Martin has been around for a long time. Has a great career..

Yet yall dont want anything new from him based of some films u liked in the past??
Like Quentin T doesnt have
Thats the crux of it. Mcu represents a new era. Maybe glossy n at times corny. But again... Let Martin touch this genre then he can be a more prominent voice than from the outside lookin in.

A list actors. Never had to make a great film from scraps. Never changed film. Never ever has Martin done a movie where i say.. "Damn... This dude blew me away with this finished product"

Cause thats not him. He tells the story thru GREAT ACTING. Im gonna get more Deniro n Pechino in his future films.. i bet tho

Martin also doesnt use diversity. Which has always been lost in film PERIOD. There is no fresh looks at the world today. Martin luvs letting me know certain people always can be leads. And what else???
You just said he should do something other than a mob movie lol

1 month ago '17        #74
space
space
This n*gga said Marty has never done anything that blew anyone away lmfao.

1 month ago '11        #75
dymablink  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 8107 8 K  Slaps total: 2682 2 K
 Von Doom said
More dum shyt

Now i know its not just about this Mcu shyt.

He been around for over 3 decades. And besides the slobbin on his career...

He himself..Martin has never broken any mold of movies. I watched a lot of Martin S. Movies. Well not all but at least 5. And the only thing i see is repeated casting n a HUGE NICHE for Gangster and Inner city Gangster-like corruption.

He uses the the same narratives. He is a great director. But he isnt changing anything and hasnt. And id bet he wont ever. Ive actually stated about 2 years ago Martin S. gonna continue making the same typr of movies. Lmaoo he has
Wolf of Wall Street, Shutter Island, Cape Fear fool

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+33online now  35
Nov 13 -LIVE 10am Official PEACH MINT Extortion Hearings DAY ONE (Bill Taylor ..
861 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  30
What Happens To You Just Before You Die?
67 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+57online now  26
Anyone else notice how 50 never trolls The Game?
125 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+51online now  17
Video inside Netflix shuts twitter down with the Selena Series Trailer
104 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy