Samuel L. Jackson Responds to Martin Scorseseís Marvel Comments

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+42  91
42 comments @sports
most viewed right now
54 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '11        #76
wShh  14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,545   Props total: 1137 1137
 44wade said
keep saying that ever since Drake beat Meek Mill sh*t is a bizarro world.

If yall wouldve told me 10 years ago that Martin Scorsese would be taking flak for his opinion on comic book movies I wouldnt believe it.
Drake beat Meek fair & square with Back 2 Back

90% of comic book movies back when Scorsese tried them being badly executed does not mean that the other 10% that actually happen to be excellent cinema do not exist
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #77
Redgravybiscuit 
space
space
space
$320   Props total: 412 412
 strungout said

+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #78
44wade  317 heat pts317
space
space
space
$29,382   Props total: 20149 20149
 wShh said
Drake beat Meek fair & square with Back 2 Back

90% of comic book movies back when Scorsese tried them being badly executed does not mean that the other 10% that actually happen to be excellent cinema do not exist
a suburban (jewish)child actor from canada beats a philly cat who honed his craft on the streets of philly and came up the ranks. He wins the battle with a diss song about the street cat who is fu*king one of the most wanted women in entertainment, while it was revealed he was urinated on, and slapped up by Diddy. So, im done with who won, I get Drake won. Bizarre to me.

The point was that Scorsese is a well renowned director, whose credentials are literally inarguable. So if in his professional opinion he doesnt respect comic book movies as much as they are successful, than he has earned that right. He even said though they are well done. But I feel he is correct that they arent traditional cinema, even though they are done well, and make a sh*tload of money.

I saw on social media after MS comments alot of, he was hating, they getting money regardless and then some even started to downplay his credentials.

A bunch of "is that your tour or your girls tour" disses(which is literally the softest diss line that people love of all time).

Dont really want to relive the Drake/meek thing, but the world is alot of opposite of what it was since then, and Im just gonna use that as the barometer as to when sh*t went real upside down.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #79
Nugit  2 heat pts2
space
space
$2,489   Props total: 606 606
I appreciate how respectful everyone is being with each other.

There is no reason for all these successful people to f*ght with each other. And they aren't. Scorsese did say they were well made.

2 weeks ago '12        #80
BlessInTheSky  8 heat pts8
space
space
$7,635   Props total: 15233 15233
Same sh*t happens in hip hop.

You got your Drakes and you got your Nas.

They're both hip-hop and they're both entertaining and you shouldn't compare the two against each other. They both have their own lanes in the hip-hop world just like how Marvel films have their own lane and Scorsese films have their own lane in the cinema world. They're both films and they're both entertaining and you shouldn't' compare the two against each other.

Last edited by BlessInTheSky; 10-08-2019 at 12:06 AM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #81
eddiefizzle  133 heat pts133
space
space
$3,288   Props total: 1081 1081
 Arson said
I don't even see what the issue is. The MCU is what 23 movies deep now? Out of 23 movies Black Panther is the only one that even comes close to "trying to convey emotional, psychological experiences to another human being."

So in the 48 hours of runtime. Maybe 2 hours of it isn't surface level drama?
Winter soldier did that waaay better than black panther bro.

2 weeks ago '10        #82
FrankAndBeans  31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,199   Props total: 9606 9606
 Emperor85 said
the reason why a majority of marvel films are so basic is cause Disney wants them to pass Chinese censorship.... that's why they all follow the same themes and structures... since China is the biggest film watching markets in the world... ...it's all business to Disney
United States is the biggest movie market tho
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #83
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$9,451   Props total: 9936 9936
 FrankAndBeans said
the population of china is 1+ billion ......

How China's Censors Influence Hollywood

2 weeks ago '04        #84
Cutty Olds  7 heat pts7
space
space
$18,554   Props total: 10415 10415
 44wade said
a suburban (jewish)child actor from canada beats a philly cat who honed his craft on the streets of philly and came up the ranks. He wins the battle with a diss song about the street cat who is fu*king one of the most wanted women in entertainment, while it was revealed he was urinated on, and slapped up by Diddy. So, im done with who won, I get Drake won. Bizarre to me.

The point was that Scorsese is a well renowned director, whose credentials are literally inarguable. So if in his professional opinion he doesnt respect comic book movies as much as they are successful, than he has earned that right. He even said though they are well done. But I feel he is correct that they arent traditional cinema, even though they are done well, and make a sh*tload of money.

I saw on social media after MS comments alot of, he was hating, they getting money regardless and then some even started to downplay his credentials.

A bunch of "is that your tour or your girls tour" disses(which is literally the softest diss line that people love of all time).

Dont really want to relive the Drake/meek thing, but the world is alot of opposite of what it was since then, and Im just gonna use that as the barometer as to when sh*t went real upside down.
Lol, you wrote all that just to fuss about soft a*s fabricated Drake beating Meek?!
My man, Drake won because he wrote the BETTER DISS RECORDS period!
Y’all really gotta just shake that off yo! Lol

As for Scorcese, who cares if he ain’t feeling them in a traditional sense? They movies do good because they are cool movies and some of them are dope movies period. Marvel makes comic books and are making dope films (sometimes) of their dope version of literary works...lol, why would they worry or care about Hollywood’s and cinemas “traditional” way of making things. I can see why he doesn’t dig it, but in all actuality when it comes to art and cinema...who IS Scorcese? He pushed and boundaries too, he should know that eventually it would be something else that would come along that he wouldn’t agree with. It’s the cycle yo

Now, the people blaming Comic movies on why Hollywood is sh*t and has been for years are delusional...stop money grabbing, rebooting, and force feeding all these bullsh*t agenda movies and green light the dope film ideas and sh*t would turn around...Hollywood’s problem is the fact it’s racist as fu*k and s*xist as hell...that has Nothing to do with comic movies.

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 10-08-2019 at 07:16 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #85
FrankAndBeans  31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,199   Props total: 9606 9606
 Emperor85 said
the population of china is 1+ billion ......

How China's Censors Influence Hollywood

+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #86
92baby  2 heat pts2
space
space
$15,416   Props total: 31456 31456
 killinemsoftly said
This is the thread where the few people who donít like comic book movies unite like Voltron. Yíall are corny. How many people got emotional during The Godfather? How many people got emotional during Goodfellas? How many people got emotional when Thanos got the soul stone and then told baby Gamorra it cost him everything? Comic book movies hit the same ques as other movies. Sometimes in better ways. Plus comic book movies arenít reserved for a specific audience. Anyone can watch/enjoy. Thereís no youíre too young/old to be watching this.
Nah fu*k all that

The feeling of life hit home harder than anything in a marvel movie

We not f*ghting aliens in real life

We f*ghting racism mass incarceration
And all kinda other bullsh*t

The feel is different my brother

But I agree with both cuz I see a bigger picture

n*ggas need to let their mind be creative

Art should be how ever the artist wanted the art to be

2 weeks ago '10        #87
killinemsoftly  1 heat pts1
space
space
$1,995   Props total: 2849 2849
 92baby said
Nah fu*k all that

The feeling of life hit home harder than anything in a marvel movie

We not f*ghting aliens in real life

We f*ghting racism mass incarceration
And all kinda other bullsh*t

The feel is different my brother

But I agree with both cuz I see a bigger picture

n*ggas need to let their mind be creative

Art should be how ever the artist wanted the art to be
You canít agree with both. One position says marvel isnít cinema the other says it is.

Comparing a movie about racial tension to a comic book movie is utter foolishness. Comic book movies are fantasy pieces that have enough reality to keep the film grounded. Their purpose is to create escape and enjoyment. Thatís not the purpose of a movie that confronts racism. Escape and enjoyment donít invalidate the movie or the story. Scorsese was on some snobbish bitter bullsh*t. Like gangster flicks are inherently better than comic book movies.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #88
92baby  2 heat pts2
space
space
$15,416   Props total: 31456 31456
 killinemsoftly said
You canít agree with both. One position says marvel isnít cinema the other says it is.

Comparing a movie about racial tension to a comic book movie is utter foolishness. Comic book movies are fantasy pieces that have enough reality to keep the film grounded. Their purpose is to create escape and enjoyment. Thatís not the purpose of a movie that confronts racism. Escape and enjoyment donít invalidate the movie or the story. Scorsese was on some snobbish bitter bullsh*t. Like gangster flicks are inherently better than comic book movies.
They aren't better

And yes I can compare movies because guess what there movies

But I feel what you're saying

2 weeks ago '06        #89
Game375  50 heat pts50
space
space
$14,307   Props total: 1738 1738
I get a bit exhausted of them. Just want variety like everything else

2 weeks ago '04        #90
Mike T  192 heat pts192
space
space
$18,185   Props total: 37014 37014
 eddiefizzle said
Winter soldier did that waaay better than black panther bro.
That n*gga trippin. Winter Soldier is a light weight spy thriller. Its the best film in the mcu

1 week ago '13        #91
solidsnake1864  7 heat pts7
space
space
$15,822   Props total: 1595 1595
 strungout said

flawless execution

Double entendre, don’t ask me how
+1   

1 week ago '16        #92
ruddiger  3 heat pts3
space
space
$535   Props total: 1790 1790
 strungout said

Better make that coffee to go.

RIP Stacks! Jimmy did the whole crew dirty.

1 week ago '06        #93
Darell_ftb  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$66,469   Props total: 81258 81258
I think the whole argument is stupid if you can't be creative enough to make a movie to Garner attention of the masses like super hero movies its you not them.

1 week ago '05        #94
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$9,451   Props total: 9936 9936
 FrankAndBeans said
still doesnt stop Hollywood from bending their knee to satisfy the Chinese market.... look at how the nba have folded over one tweet

1 week ago '04        #95
eza 
space
space
$3,723   Props total: 64 64
Sambo L Jackson is the most one dimensional actor in Hollywood he has no dignity he will star in those racist Tarintino films and wonít say a damn thing.
The joker exposed the marvel universe as the hollow empty shell that it is.

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+478online now  55
Image(s) inside How I make 4K+ a month 100% LEGALLY doing barely anything(if i'm lying..
229 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+22online now  47
Image(s) inside You guys were right about The Game
283 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  40
Image(s) inside REAL LIFE EPIDEMIC: CORPORATE AMERICA Is Now EXPLOTING BLACKS GANG CUL..
81 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+75online now  11
Cousin Skeeter/One On One Actor Reveals He's A CRIP, Busts Out Flag
205 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy