Samuel L. Jackson Responds to Martin Scorsese’s Marvel Comments

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
51 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+29  96
30 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 weeks ago '18        #26
Infamous1  2 heat pts2
space
space
$1,606   Props total: 4009 4009
i hope Samuel Jackson doesnt feel like the best movies hes been in are these Avengers movies

Last edited by Infamous1; 10-07-2019 at 04:41 AM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '08        #27
Arson  84 heat pts84
space
space
$43,611   Props total: 35442 35442
 GodBody said
It’s a fu*king comic book movie! A movie that is not made for Scorese or his idiotic elitist butt head fans. I saw The God Father and Gangs of NY but I enjoyed Paid in Full and New Jack City more. These elitist f*gs would turn their noses up at that purely because they can wrap their minds around that fact that all Art (including cinema) is subjective. MCU knows exactly who they are and that’s why they win. End of story.
Why would Scorsese turn his nose up at New Jack City and Paid in Full? Both of those movies,Paid in Full in particular, are all about the psychology of its characters. Ya'll gotta stop taking these directors being asked their opinions as personal attacks. You got Thanos in your avy so you probably felt like Scorsese was calling you dumb for liking the MCU but that's not what he said. Ya'll do this every damn time somebody says something. It's like ya'll add "And you're dumb for liking them!" to somebody's comment get yourselves riled up over non issues.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #28
GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$3,810   Props total: 29030 29030
 Arson said
Why would Scorsese turn his nose up at New Jack City and Paid in Full? Both of those movies,Paid in Full in particular, are all about the psychology of its characters. Ya'll gotta stop taking these directors being asked their opinions as personal attacks. You got Thanos in your avy so you probably felt like Scorsese was calling you dumb for liking the MCU but that's not what he said. Ya'll do this every damn time somebody says something. It's like ya'll add "And you're dumb for liking them!" to somebody's comment get yourselves riled up over non issues.
I Do take it slightly personal because I’ve ventured off into indie film making and have found this elitist nose in the air mentality at most film festivals and market places I’ve been to. And usually it’s always made by two types: The old guard who enjoyed films back when it was a rich mans game and film makers who were of a certain complexion. Or the salty DCEU fans that are just looking at any and everything to sh*t on MCU fans. Personally my issue is not with Scorese per say as much as it is with that attitude that film makers and fans like him have.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #29
Al Simmonz  1 heat pts1
space
space
$553   Props total: 1462 1462
In the 80s Hollywood made the same action movie over and over. 70s had exploitation/blaxploitation. 90s has stoner comedies. 2000s had vampires and wizards. Now comic books are a thing and everyone has something to say.
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #30
RESIDO  2 heat pts2
space
space
$2,935   Props total: 2955 2955
BUT..
How many movies does Scorsese have in the top 20 grossing movies of all time?
I'll wait...

Jealousy is a mother!

2 weeks ago '17        #31
Poncho520 
space
space
$1,474   Props total: 4170 4170
Says scorcese

Godfather Pt One.

Most racist line in movie history.

Internal Affairs > The Departed

2 weeks ago '16        #32
Humblegold  12 heat pts12
space
space
$3,242   Props total: 5890 5890
 BrokenSafety said
Comic book movies k*lled films. Nothing comes out anymore besides super hero bullsh*t and garbage a*s horror movies.

All the good sh*t is tv series now. I been reading comics since i was 12 and i dont watch these comic book movies or even read them anymore im so burnt out on this sh*t

Surprised most people arent gettin tired of it yet either.
Same

2 weeks ago '17        #33
Rule 336  150 heat pts150
space
space
$17,045   Props total: 66324 66324
 jewelz1132 said
He's right.. That sh*t is very elitist.. These movies make billions of dollars, so people actually enjoy them, so why knock it because it isn't your thing?
Problem with today's society. He can knock it cause it's his opinion. Sam gave he's in return. It's not that big a deal. If you're a fan this shouldn't even matter to you. Y'all complain about everything today man
+2   

2 weeks ago '08        #34
Kewop Decam  104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,630   Props total: 19783 19783
I get what Scorsese is saying. He doesn't want these kinds of movies competing for rewards when he feels they don't fit the criteria of cinema. The issue is, in cinema and art as a whole, there are no rules. He himself and others bank on the idea and notion that there are no rules.

So you have to take the good with the bad, Martin.
+3   

2 weeks ago '08        #35
Nut-In-Honeys  14 heat pts14
space
space
$7,357   Props total: 11657 11657
My son was born a month before the first iron man came out. We've been watching and bonding over these movies since day 1.

The dad themes in various Marvel movies: infinity war, black panther, antman for example do resonate with me.

When he gets older we will bond over Scorcese films.

Different movies for different stages. Cant wait for the Irishman to drop.
+4   

2 weeks ago '09        #36
Lupe Hunter  86 heat pts86
space
space
$16,777   Props total: 11888 11888
Art is art while Martin is a legend

Movies have no rules if the performance is great movie is great with great dialogue along with the way it looks is amazing then you should reward for that. Don’t turn your nose up n*gga because dude has a mafia fetish and slick with the racist dialogue about black people in almost all his movies.

Like don’t act people can’t just hit google and learn about the “real” story of these people from the mafia he makes, Or the real wolf of Wall Street story. Don’t turn your nose up because people are going to theaters to watch hero Movies and they’re making billions. Make your movies and get the fu*k outta dodge not like they not giving him big budget money or offers.

Art is Art there’s no rules to Art. As long as movie is creative and has character development, dialogue and performance then it should be reward

Last edited by Lupe Hunter; 10-07-2019 at 07:30 AM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #37
dfro  44 heat pts44
space
space
$562   Props total: 3978 3978
 LumiHeights said
Scorsese isn't wrong.. albeit superhero movies cake up the most.
Really tho?
I feel like his quote doesn't properly capture what he should have said.
He might as well have thrown action movies
Into that quote

2 weeks ago '14        #38
flyguyt 
space
space
space
$790   Props total: 675 675
 strungout said

What is this from?

2 weeks ago '18        #39
Oswaldgatesjr  32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$8,404   Props total: 20050 20050
fu*k a marvel movie that sh*ts for kids it's really not cinema. Go watch Scorsese's mean streets that's a real mans movie. Put u up on alot of game.
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #40
rashadd 
space
space
$1,920   Props total: 7118 7118
 Al Simmonz said
In the 80s Hollywood made the same action movie over and over. 70s had exploitation/blaxploitation. 90s has stoner comedies. 2000s had vampires and wizards. Now comic books are a thing and everyone has something to say.
That's my thoughts. In every decade you had 1 type of film that dominated for decades, kung-fu movies in the 70s, big shootem up action flicks in the 80s, the buddy cop films in the early 90s, teen horror and comedies In the late 90s-early 2000s, and then the fantasy books come to life on screen. Eg. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, twilight, Hunger games and all that. And now comic book movies/shows is the thing.

In which I don't understand why people get so mad b/c most of these movies existed decades before in comic book, but now we have the technology to make em look half way okay. Whether you like or hate the films you have to give marvel credit for have a plan and executing it to the success that they did. But I feel the game has been oversaturated for a while and can only wonder what's the next type of film that will dominate the box office....

+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #41
MULVTTX  8 heat pts8
space
space
$3,372   Props total: 7550 7550
and Sammy Jackson dont like rap.
dont make him a bad person

art is made to be subjective
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #42
Hakeem  3 heat pts3
space
space
$3,019   Props total: 6175 6175
 flyguyt said
What is this from?

+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #43
dfro  44 heat pts44
space
space
$562   Props total: 3978 3978
 LumiHeights said
Scorsese isn't wrong.. albeit superhero movies cake up the most.
Really tho?
I feel like his quote doesn't properly capture what he meant. Its like saying action movies
Arent real cinema

2 weeks ago '05        #44
slim_d20  22 heat pts22
space
space
$6,747   Props total: 9329 9329
Superhero particularly marvel movies make dough because they are kid friendly, it's basic marketing Marvel is putting out projects a greater base can enjoy thus they make tons of dough... They are popcorn movies/summer blockbusters still movies/films but you aren't going to them to get a better understanding of the human condition you are going to be entertained. Sam's counter is perfect that's like saying Lion King and all the classic Disney animated stuff isn't films. Scorsese is a film giant but not the end all be all of opinions.

2 weeks ago '15        #45
RocBasement15  4 heat pts4
space
space
$1,610   Props total: 2552 2552
 baku said
scorsese is right in his a*sessment tho

the acting / actors is a byproduct in those movies, the main essence is watching comic books come alive.
That's literally any movie with a character... Do you guys not see that? Like how is an actor a by product if they are used to bring the product alive? That's like me writing a drug story then writing a superhero movie and saying because one has superheroes it's not as important or impactful when they are both fiction
Gemini Man vs Muhammad Ali am I not supposed to respect gemini because it's science fiction or did will have to study both parts and scripts to get both to come alive correct? Same for Deadshot

2 weeks ago '12        #46
CosbySweater  304 heat pts304
space
space
$37,815   Props total: 23652 23652
about 75% of marvel films are well directed, acted, shot, and written. period.

that’s great cinema. and billions of people around the world agree,

so marty can eat a d*ck.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #47
Chakou 
space
space
$864   Props total: 0 0
 flyguyt said
What is this from?
Goodfellas

2 weeks ago '15        #48
Hiphop2day  2 heat pts2
space
space
$869   Props total: 1849 1849
Martin is a goat but he should have said I never read comics as a kid so I can't relate. Don't cheapen something that literally appeals to the widest spectrum of humans because you are not into it.

His main guy does the worst money grabbing movies of all time without him behind camera so he should have a convo with deniro next time about theme parks...

You can't scoff at 23 hits in a row.

2 weeks ago '19        #49
Dickhead  3 heat pts3
space
space
space
$1,680   Props total: 4093 4093
 killinemsoftly said
This is the thread where the few people who don’t like comic book movies unite like Voltron. Y’all are corny. How many people got emotional during The Godfather? How many people got emotional during Goodfellas? How many people got emotional when Thanos got the soul stone and then told baby Gamorra it cost him everything? Comic book movies hit the same ques as other movies. Sometimes in better ways. Plus comic book movies aren’t reserved for a specific audience. Anyone can watch/enjoy. There’s no you’re too young/old to be watching this.
Some people get emotional watching Will Ferrell and Vince Vaugn movies. Just because people get emotional watching neo-Disney movies doesnt mean theyre on the same level as Scorsese movies, let alone the really great directors. It just means the people enjoying them have simpler minds. And theres nothing essentially wrong with that.

2 weeks ago '17        #50
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$19,356   Props total: 41291 41291
 jewelz1132 said
He's right.. That sh*t is very elitist.. These movies make billions of dollars, so people actually enjoy them, so why knock it because it isn't your thing? Apparently that puts you in the minority. Those guys get to dictate everything and people just go along with it. Awhile back wasn't there beef with Netflix and how their movies shouldn't be accepted at the Oscars? Now that Scorsese doing a Netflix movie with the actors he has, everyone will change their tune on that sh*t.
Scorsese never said anything about Netflix.

Y’all real butthurt over his opinion
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+22online now  52
Image(s) inside You guys were right about The Game
279 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+475online now  43
Image(s) inside How I make 4K+ a month 100% LEGALLY doing barely anything(if i'm lying..
226 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  36
Image(s) inside REAL LIFE EPIDEMIC: CORPORATE AMERICA Is Now EXPLOTING BLACKS GANG CUL..
81 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+75online now  10
Cousin Skeeter/One On One Actor Reveals He's A CRIP, Busts Out Flag
204 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy