Martin Scorsese Doesn't Think Marvel Movies Are Cinema

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 weeks ago '07        #51
TH35  113 heat pts113
space
space
$95,510   Props total: 22539 22539
 SPdaGOAT said
Spotted no lies. Those movies fu*king suck thats why yall bring up their sales to validate you liking them.

Best part not a fu*king soul in the industry will try to clap back
Actually theyre well made and storytelling is on point but yes, they aren't cinema
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #52
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$19,249   Props total: 41021 41021
 Teknicks said
Foh. Every movie isn't meant to have the elements of an Oscar winning movie. It's literally not the definition of a movie.

One jet plane has cutting edge tech, the highest speed, and the highest pricetag. The other jet flies on decades old technology and has a tv, sleeper seats, full course meals, and an open bar.

Planes (and movies too!) are not one size fits all.
Terrible analogy. There are good movies and bad movies. Marvel makes bad movies, Marty makes good ones. Martyís decade old technology hold up better than that wack a*s CGI they gave us in Black Panther
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #53
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$19,249   Props total: 41021 41021
 TH35 said
Actually theyre well made and storytelling is on point but yes, they aren't cinema
Storytelling hasnt been on point save for a few of their movies
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #54
TH35  113 heat pts113
space
space
$95,510   Props total: 22539 22539
 SPdaGOAT said
Storytelling hasnt been on point save for a few of their movies
Eh

2 weeks ago '04        #55
Sir_Burn_Alot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$2,024   Props total: 13332 13332
 GodsFavorite said
Yawn. If marvel movies werenít popular and successful these guys would have nothing to say. I love Marty but couldnít care less about his opinion on blockbuster cinema, the same way I wouldnít care about james gunnís review of the irishman

To say avengers, infinity war and endgame are not incredible fears of cinema is fu*king stupid, no matter who is saying it
Preach. If MCU films didn't do well he would have never uttered those comments. Whether Marvel movies are cinema or not, people worldwide love them and watch them more than any other film genre. Like what you like. Don't watch what you don't like. Simple as that.
+2   

2 weeks ago '08        #56
DooM  67 heat pts67
space
space
$29,415   Props total: 24380 24380
I fu*ks with Martin but that's elitist bullsh*t.
+8   

2 weeks ago '04        #57
Stormtrooper  2 heat pts2
space
space
$917   Props total: 311 311
This is believable

You Guys should find and watch the Spielberg Movie

Spielberg, De Palma, Lucus and Scorsese all came up together. All of them pretty much bashed Star Wars. They all pretty much k*lled George, but Spielberg did help him with a few things mainly... The idea for the opening Scroll

+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #58
thirssty58  6 heat pts6
space
space
$15,140   Props total: 24034 24034
Idiocracy shiny costumes and explosions is what it is give me a good plot over that any day I'll even read subtitles I mean that said of course i watch them just getting saturated
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #59
Teknicks  1 heat pts1
space
space
$8,755   Props total: 20984 20984
 SPdaGOAT said
Terrible analogy. There are good movies and bad movies. Marvel makes bad movies, Marty makes good ones. Martyís decade old technology hold up better than that wack a*s CGI they gave us in Black Panther
That's subjective. The tech in a 747 is lower quality than an F22 but the amenities are better.

The soundtrack and costume design in Black Panther beats any film Scorcese has ever been a*sociated with.

The facts are people watch movies for different reasons. Having a more complex end product doesn't invalidate a work that has A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GOAL.

That's like someone who hates fish saying all sushi is terrible. That's an opinion. A factual observation would be "while there are sushi restaurants that deliver a high quality and well refined product, I don't care for the main ingredient, therefore I'm not a fan of any sushi."
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #60
Truthseeker007 
space
space
space
$1,080   Props total: 1737 1737
 Maladar said
I guess all the DC haters gather here for their once a week group therapy session.
I meant to slap. You mistyped marvel haters.

2 weeks ago '18        #61
ordoabchao  33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$5,545   Props total: 8924 8924
 Petieparker said
Trust me, he donít think highly of dc films either. There just not worth bringing up cause their not as successful as Marvel. Pretentious filmmakers hate Marvel films cause studios put bigger budgets into Super hero genre films and films that he creates doesnít garner enough attention for big studios to push them heavily anymore. Hate the game not the player.
he has every right though. what he creates is ART. What these movie studios are pushing out not only isn't ART, but actually works to destroy & devalue the legacy of the actual ART they were based off of.

Not all comic adaptations fit that bill though. Sin City was able to navigate both worlds well. I think the first 2 Batmans accomplished this as well..

2 weeks ago '18        #62
ordoabchao  33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$5,545   Props total: 8924 8924
 GodBody said
The douchebags with this view point also thought that Malcolm X was not Oscar worthy but a film about a bi*ch falling in love with a fishman was.
Two completely fu*king different situations.

2 weeks ago '07        #63
cankstoochie  48 heat pts48
space
space
$18,474   Props total: 3572 3572
these old n*ggas k*ll me....

what is his definition of cinema tho?

2 weeks ago '11        #64
CrossRoads99  2 heat pts2
space
space
$638   Props total: 1133 1133
Martin scorcesi has ever right to make this statement considering his catalog of movies.

2 weeks ago '12        #65
TrillSwag  3 heat pts3
space
space
$6,630   Props total: 18562 18562
BX is full of so many d*ck riders. This exact thread was made by a poster 6-12 months ago. And 80% of posters were sh*tting on him. Every single marvel and dc movie has the same formula. People only watch for the action and CGI.
+7   

2 weeks ago '04        #66
C.R.I.P.  4 heat pts4
space
space
$19,912   Props total: 11519 11519
This joker movie better be fire for all that cash sh*t he just talked.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #67
DaOmega_1  297 heat pts297
space
space
$15,403   Props total: 8957 8957
I like how some folks in this thread are dissing Scorsese as if this man is not responsible for some of the best movies ever. He's forgotten more cinema than anyone in this thread will ever know, but he's the idiot. Right.....

As for the comment that it's not "cinema", I'm not sure I agree. I'm also not sure I disagree either. The nature of these kinds of films are meant to be episodic, aiming for individual moments rather than a singular experience. That's why they tend to blur together in terms of style and tone. So, I get what he's saying there. But, one cannot deny that these films have found a way to connect with audiences emotionally. People relate to and love these characters. Judging by the reaction to something like "Endgame", I don't think one can argue that they don't convey emotion.
+7   

2 weeks ago '05        #68
DaOmega_1  297 heat pts297
space
space
$15,403   Props total: 8957 8957
 C.R.I.P. said
This joker movie better be fire for all that cash sh*t he just talked.
Scorsese isn't involved with "Joker".

2 weeks ago '15        #69
MULVTTX  8 heat pts8
space
space
$3,355   Props total: 7531 7531
he aint wrong

theyre popcorn flicks

no nuance to them in my opinion
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #70
Jeet Kune Do  13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,808   Props total: 5138 5138
They were made to be entertaining, not oscar worthy flicks imo
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #71
GodBody  324 heat pts324
space
space
$3,794   Props total: 28800 28800
 ordoabchao said
Two completely fu*king different situations.
No itís not. Not even a little bit. TF you talking about? The facts remain the same the people like Martin and Christopher Nolan look down on Superhero films. Which is ironic considering Nolanís DK trilogy but the facts is those type of film makers see Comic films as fantasy cartoonish sh*t while saluting that stupid fishman movie.

2 weeks ago '17        #72
1Oh  9 heat pts9
space
space
$4,229   Props total: 21967 21967
shut tf up Scorsese and stop hating. And i say this respectfully as a lifelong Scorsese fan and as someone who will be seeing The Irishman in theaters.

2 weeks ago '17        #73
Lazy  4 heat pts4
space
space
space
$2,983   Props total: 10490 10490
Who defines what cinema is?

This is an elitist option backed by agenda pushing BX fanboys
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #74
NYSTATEOFMIND 
space
space
$1,015   Props total: 4013 4013
End games was ok...Infinity War was definitely better. If "Mr Mafia Movie" doesnt like Marvel...thats his biz

2 weeks ago '04        #75
caboloon  209 heat pts209
space
space
$4,503   Props total: 1482 1482
f it You ran in to real life things everyday Love to see a movie that aint real just watch enjoy and then talk about it with friends and Read the comics

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  17
Video inside VLADTV ex-employee files LAWSUIT AGAINST VLAD FOR RACISM
53 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside Fortnite Season X Ends putting everyone inside a black hole.
70 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside Former Jet life Affiliate Who was beefing with Curren$y , Succeed The P..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  8
Godfrey shuts down Vlad tv
56 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy