Is PlayStation In Trouble For Next Generation?

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '10        #1
2408 page views
47 comments

acegutta22  215 heat pts215
space
space
$9,836   Props total: 8487 8487
Is PlayStation In Trouble For Next Generation?

PlayStation Insider is "Very Nervous" About PS5 and the Current State of SonyBy TYLER FISCHER - October 2, 2019 06:39 pm EDT
PlayStation has seen a lot of departures and shake-ups at the executive level recently, including Shawn Layden, the chairman of Worldwide Studios, who left Sony Interactive Entertainment earlier this week in peculiar fashion. Over the past few years, Layden had more or less been the face of PlayStation. He had also been at Sony for over 32 years. At the moment of publishing, Sony has said next to nothing about the departure beyond one measly tweet, and Layden still hasn't said a peep about the matter either. In fact, he hasn't even changed his Twitter page to reflect the departure.

That said, upon the announcement, reports, rumors, and scuttlebutt of a power-struggle within PlayStation's hierarchy, particularly between Layden and PlayStation head honcho Jim Ryan, emerged. These reports had been making their way around the Internet for a little bit now, but of course Layden's departure brought them back into the limelight. For now, it's unclear how much validity there is to these reports, but they are surfacing from some pretty reliable sources.

Adding to this is a new report from GameDaily.biz who spoke to an employee at a major third-party publisher with "direct knowledge of the situation" over at PlayStation. According to this source, the confusion and turmoil within PlayStation is seeping out into its operations. Apparently, Sony's global reorganization is causing problems, which in turn is making issues for the PS5.

"This is the least amount of clarity we've ever had on a new console this close to transition,Ē said the source . ďI believe that the [global restructuring] is exponentially exacerbating the already difficult process of transitioning to a new generation. And now weíre getting nervous. Read: very nervous."

GameDaily further reports that the extreme level of internal secrecy about the PS5 -- which is to prevent leaks -- means internal teams are slow to get the newest word on the console, while third-party developers and publishers are being kept in the dark much more than they ever have before. Of course, all of this should be taken with a grain given that it's all unofficial information. However, as they say, where there's this much smoke, there's at least some fire.
visit this link https://comicbook.com/gam .. sider-nervous/

best
worst
47 comments

2 weeks ago '10        #2
acegutta22  215 heat pts215 OP
space
space
$9,836   Props total: 8487 8487

2 weeks ago '18        #3
David akaLegion  24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,513   Props total: 6808 6808
Nah bruv
Sony on top
They been on top.
They can fall from the top, but they still gon be the closest aka making them still the Top Boy.
Sony my jigga fu*k a xbox pu**yole
+12   

2 weeks ago '05        #4
GodzMustBeCrazy  34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,459   Props total: 1570 1570

2 weeks ago '17        #5
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$19,360   Props total: 41293 41293
Since it seems like saying yea will make you feel better, yea
+11   

2 weeks ago '18        #6
Oswaldgatesjr  32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$8,409   Props total: 20089 20089
Uh oh...

2 weeks ago '04        #7
cuzjuan  21 heat pts21
space
space
$5,918   Props total: 4074 4074

2 weeks ago '04        #8
cuzjuan  21 heat pts21
space
space
 David akaLegion said
Nah bruv
Sony on top
They been on top.
They can fall from the top, but they still gon be the closest aka making them still the Top Boy.
Sony my jigga fu*k a xbox pu**yole
why are u such a loser, no one mentioned xbox but it stay on ur bi*ch lips for what? u wanna suck sean layden d*cks or something?

2 weeks ago '18        #9
SFamilyRep  22 heat pts22
space
space
$7,213   Props total: 35559 35559
If it’s one thing I know they not gonna fu*k up with the PS5.....everything else but not the PlayStation brand

Last edited by SFamilyRep; 10-03-2019 at 06:53 PM..
+12   

2 weeks ago '05        #10
TonyCartagena 
space
space
space
$8,736   Props total: 37510 37510
GTA 6 On The Way L Box Stanleys For Ps5 As A Timed Exclusive Dumbasses
Just Looked Over His sh*tty YouTube Channel And This Fake Unbox Therapy Looking a*s Is A XBot

Heres A Real YouTube Channel

+10   

2 weeks ago '18        #11
David akaLegion  24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,513   Props total: 6808 6808
 cuzjuan said
why are u such a loser, no one mentioned xbox but it stay on ur bi*ch lips for what? u wanna suck sean layden d*cks or something?
Pusssyyyyooop xbone bi*ch
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #12
cuzjuan  21 heat pts21
space
space
 David akaLegion said
Pusssyyyyooop xbone bi*ch
ur cool bro...
what u said means nothing if i dont understand your language

2 weeks ago '17        #13
LeG.O.A.T  155 heat pts155
space
space
$22,519   Props total: 51337 51337
Bruh are you retarded?

This is like saying is pu**y in trouble. Cmon.

Last edited by LeG.O.A.T; 10-03-2019 at 07:27 PM..
+12   

2 weeks ago '04        #14
cuzjuan  21 heat pts21
space
space
 TonyCartagena said
GTA 6 On The Way L Box Stanleys For Ps5 As A Timed Exclusive Dumbasses
Just Looked Over His sh*tty YouTube Channel And This Fake Unbox Therapy Looking a*s Is A XBot

Heres A Real YouTube Channel
hows this a realer channel than any other thats been posted, his sh*t dont sound professional as other channels, why is his opinions seem to garner more praise from u? any video i post that champions xbox also champions psn if praise is warranted....

gears looks great, and multi player is good to... maybe cause i didnt pay anything for it, my critique may not be as harsh as others.. but from what ive seen, i have no complaints!

just like COD, i stop buying them since the last WW2 one 2 yrs ago, skipped black out... but this new one, i cant hate... it plays well and looks good and im back in and i will get it again!

maybe because i have gaming experience since the 80's and can appreciate the advances no matter how big or small, when some of you only started playing games since the 90's and 00's yall expect the world from games...

but you talking about things you know little about... games used to be made with in 6 months to a year.. now they take longer than god damn block buster movies to make and arguable just as much cash ot make them...

so enjoy your self and stop hating, enjoy what u have... have comfort in knowing you will die one day and so will your opinions... why waste the energy to hate? waste of a beating heart if you ask me!

Last edited by cuzjuan; 10-03-2019 at 07:04 PM..

2 weeks ago '19        #15
Stacksonem 
space
space
space
$16   Props total: 64 64
They better not mess up their exclusives. Only reason they won this gen is because of their first party exclusives, but they need solid third party support to sustain themselves In the end.

Nintendo got the heat with the Switch, Microsoft has acquired several studios to produce in house games, and Nintendo and Microsoft been working together lately(whereas Sony has been opposed to working with their competitors). Sony needs to be careful because 1 too many wrong moves can mess up their dominance in the next gen.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #16
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$19,360   Props total: 41293 41293
 Stacksonem said
They better not mess up their exclusives. Only reason they won this gen is because of their first party exclusives, but they need solid third party support to sustain themselves In the end.

Nintendo got the heat with the Switch, Microsoft has acquired several studios to produce in house games, and Nintendo and Microsoft been working together lately(whereas Sony has been opposed to working with their competitors). Sony needs to be careful because 1 too many wrong moves can mess up their dominance in the next gen.
They won this gen for a myriad of reasons, Xbox didnít stand a chance after E3 2013
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #17
Cant Read Sh1t  11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,849   Props total: 16457 16457
xbox stanleys been so desperate since 2013 acting like traumatized victims for 6 years straight
+6   

2 weeks ago '19        #18
Stacksonem 
space
space
space
$16   Props total: 64 64
 SPdaGOAT said
They won this gen for a myriad of reasons, Xbox didnít stand a chance after E3 2013
I donít disagree with you, but I think Sonyís system sellers were their exclusives(which Xbox was lacking in). Xbox still has a better online infrastructure, but no real reason to own their system because their only notable exclusive is Gears of War which is no where near as popular as it was during the last gen. Plus the whole online always fiasco and forcing Kinect on players got Microsoft off to a really bad start.
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #19
WCIB  128 heat pts128
space
space
$28,034   Props total: 16466 16466
One thing weíve learned is that someone fu*ks up after their massive success.

1. Nintendo sells quadrillions of Wii consoles, then decides to put out the Wii U (L)
2. Sony absolutely dominates a generation with the PS2, then waits until after the 360 is released to put out what was, at the time, a $600 albatross that didnít even account for the game(s) you might have wanted to buy. (L fixed over time)
3. Microsoft ekes out a victory over Sony (barely) then releases a console that, while not $600, forced you to buy the Kinect along with it no matter what, then add on top of that all of the controversy that came before it with DRM and always on and blah blah. (Multiple Lís, some wildly overblown, but still led to bad business)

So there is nothing but evidence that these companies either start feeling themselves too much or simply make a bad business decision leading to some bad sh*t going down. Sony isnít above that. I hope the PS5 is a fu*king monster and great games can be played on it.

Those who donít have to choose donít pray for the downfall of any company that can provide good times and fun gameplay.
+11   

2 weeks ago '11        #20
CALViiiN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$21,311   Props total: 49267 49267
#PlayStationNation

+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #21
TonyCartagena 
space
space
space
$8,736   Props total: 37510 37510
 cuzjuan said
hows this a realer channel than any other thats been posted, his sh*t dont sound professional as other channels, why is his opinions seem to garner more praise from u? any video i post that champions xbox also champions psn if praise is warranted....

gears looks great, and multi player is good to... maybe cause i didnt pay anything for it, my critique may not be as harsh as others.. but from what ive seen, i have no complaints!

just like COD, i stop buying them since the last WW2 one 2 yrs ago, skipped black out... but this new one, i cant hate... it plays well and looks good and im back in and i will get it again!

maybe because i have gaming experience since the 80's and can appreciate the advances no matter how big or small, when some of you only started playing games since the 90's and 00's yall expect the world from games...

but you talking about things you know little about... games used to be made with in 6 months to a year.. now they take longer than god damn block buster movies to make and arguable just as much cash ot make them...

so enjoy your self and stop hating, enjoy what u have... have comfort in knowing you will die one day and so will your opinions... why waste the energy to hate? waste of a beating heart if you ask me!
Spewing Bs Yet Again For Nothing
Why Waste Your Energy To Hate? You Talking About Me Or You...

These Are Just Some Of Your Anti Sony Threads
Find Any L Box Hate Thread Ive Ever Made On This Forum Meanwhile You Over Here Monthly Writing BS Threads Cuz You Favor A Certain Console Saying "LBox1 X continues to live up to promises" That Thread Didnt Age Too Well

This Will Make You Even More Hurt..
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #22
Lazy  4 heat pts4
space
space
space
$2,995   Props total: 10511 10511
If the Stadia works as promised traditional consoles are dead

2 weeks ago '11        #23
xArchangeLx  3 heat pts3
space
space
$1,064   Props total: 2084 2084
The new system just needs to be true 4k that can upgrade to 8k, 60fps, SSD hard drive... and stick with solid games like they've been doing
And have a much improved VR system and they'll be fine
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #24
cuzjuan  21 heat pts21
space
space
 TonyCartagena said
Spewing Bs Yet Again For Nothing
Why Waste Your Energy To Hate? You Talking About Me Or You...

These Are Just Some Of Your Anti Sony Threads
Find Any L Box Hate Thread Ive Ever Made On This Forum Meanwhile You Over Here Monthly Writing BS Threads Cuz You Favor A Certain Console Saying "LBox1 X continues to live up to promises" That Thread Didnt Age Too Well

This Will Make You Even More Hurt..
nah i dont make sony hate threads n didnt read the rest of what u wrote

2 weeks ago '15        #25
ChoAssUp  79 heat pts79
space
space
$18,980   Props total: 47305 47305
All I want is Gran Turismo, fu*k everything else.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+503online now  23
Image(s) inside How I make 4K+ a month 100% LEGALLY doing barely anything(if i'm lying..
241 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+23online now  16
Image(s) inside You guys were right about The Game
312 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
The first real photo of a PlayStation 5 dev kit appears