Official Iíve Seen Joker 2019 Thread [Poll]

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+42  91
42 comments @sports
most viewed right now
54 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

WHAT DO YOU GIVE IT
5/5 36 34.29%
4.5/5 27 25.71%
4/5 20 19.05%
3.5/5 5 4.76%
3/5 3 2.86%
2.5/5 3 2.86%
2/5 1 0.95%
not watching cause itís not Marvel 7 6.67%
trashgame movie of the year 3 2.86%
Voters: 105.   (BX member poll)

2 weeks ago '18        #51
Killakaine2525 
space
space
$62   Props total: 176 176
Yea movie was pretty good hopefully this starts a new wave at Dc they need to make rated R movies so they can not hold back and be as dark as there comics are at times but movie was good n the way he keeps laughing was funny to me
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #52
Dash420  21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,122   Props total: 9414 9414
 Killakaine2525 said
Yea movie was pretty good hopefully this starts a new wave at Dc they need to make rated R movies so they can not hold back and be as dark as there comics are at times but movie was good n the way he keeps laughing was funny to me
Yea bruh I was dying laughing when he did stand up lol

2 weeks ago '15        #53
Preacher Mane  38 heat pts38
space
space
$15,667   Props total: 35886 35886
Idk the exact name of it but
[spoiler - click to view]

made that scene hilarious as hell.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #54
DaOmega_1  297 heat pts297
space
space
$15,405   Props total: 9008 9008
Saw it last night.

I might write a review, so I'll save most of my thoughts for that.

I will say, it simultaneously shocks and delights me that a movie like this can belong to the same genre as something like "Avengers".

Although personally, I view this as more of a psychological horror film more than I do a superhero/comic book movie.
+6   

2 weeks ago '06        #55
Jhnnyblz427  198 heat pts198
space
space
$42,661   Props total: 35041 35041
 DaOmega_1 said
Saw it last night.

I will say, it simultaneously shocks and delights me that a movie like this can belong to the same genre as something like "Avengers".

Although personally, I view this as more of a psychological horror film more than I do a superhero/comic book movie.
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #56
Hellmatic  3 heat pts3
space
space
$23,186   Props total: 36170 36170
Y'all was in here doubting Joaquin the god when this film first got announced. Shame on yall
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #57
Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
$16,473   Props total: 42822 42822
 DaOmega_1 said
Saw it last night.

i've heard this movie referred to as a " horror" movie from several people now.

that's a little much.

This is a psychological drama / character study with the world of Gotham & the seemingly tacked on lore of the Joker superimposed over it.

It's a great movie but horror it is not. There's nothing horrific about it.

It's like calling Memento a horror movie... or Falling Down a horror movie.... or The Machinist a horror movie.

Just because this is the ballsiest mainstream movie of the last 3 years doesn't qualify it as shocking or horror..
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #58
space
space
 Hellmatic said
Y'all was in here doubting Joaquin the god when this film first got announced. Shame on yall
Real talk

2 weeks ago '05        #59
klew  229 heat pts229
space
space
$10,352   Props total: 3686 3686
Saw it last night. Watching it again today
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #60
space
space
 klew said
Saw it last night. Watching it again today
Must've been good.... cant wait
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #61
Kwestluv91  248 heat pts248
space
space
$9,518   Props total: 10826 10826
 Preacher Mane said
Idk the exact name of it but

made that scene hilarious as hell.
Itís called Rock and Roll by Gary Glitter I believe
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #62
CALViiiN  798 heat pts798 OP
space
space
$21,306   Props total: 49232 49232
 Jhnnyblz427 said
Must've been good.... cant wait
Me too..

I got like 9hrs to go
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #63
O1as  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$10,367   Props total: 24520 24520
 OldBusiness said
Classic. Legendary
Bruh really!?!

2 weeks ago '06        #64
V For Vendetta  5 heat pts5
space
space
$3,307   Props total: 7636 7636
At the end of the day, this was a movie about the effects of mental illness, but a lot of people won't see it that way.

They let a woman with known mental issues adopt a kid

They let a woman with known mental issues let that kid be repeatedly abused

Even after being repeatedly abused, they still left that kid to be repeatedly abused

Even after being repeatedly abused, he ends up back with his mentally ill abusive mother

He receives a*sistance for his mental condition, but as we can see it's wholly inadequate. Even his psychiatrist straight up tells him they don't give a sh*t about him or her.

Sidenote: I love how easily they showed a person with mental issues can acquire a gun. When they're so readily available in this country it is that simple.

The city decides to cut the funding to help people with mental issues. He can no longer receive help or medicine. We willingly choose to let people with mental issues go without any a*sistance to save a few dollars all over this country.

People are only going to see the violence and ignore the fact that if we had done our job as a society and helped Arthur he might've been saved. Instead, we let him fall through the cracks of the system.

Unfortunately, there are many children being abused in mentally unstable households right now who won't receive the a*sistance they need. They'll grow up and more than likely k*ll themselves as Arthur planned on doing the entire movie, but others may end up becoming the Joker.

We ignore mental issues as if they don't exist. Minorities aren't even allowed to have them, and white men only have them after they commit mass murder so they have an excuse to give them for being domestic terrorists.

Much like we do today after Arthur k*lled those people on the subway, the first question wasn't about his mental state. The first thing the media asked was his political affiliation. What political statement was he making?

A man murders people and the media finds a way to twist it into us turning against each other over political parties.

Last edited by V For Vendetta; 10-04-2019 at 01:24 PM..
+11   

2 weeks ago '12        #65
OldBusiness  197 heat pts197
space
space
$33,970   Props total: 73411 73411
 O1as said
Bruh really!?!
Ima comic.book movie hater lol.

This movje was fu*king fire n*gga

2 weeks ago '07        #66
TH35  113 heat pts113
space
space
$95,596   Props total: 22609 22609
I thought that the

There's mad weird parts to me. I cant argue if someone didnt like the movie because of that fact. I also think if ppl didnt enjoy the sitting through 1hr 30 or so set up for the end payoff then I cant argue either.

I liked JP and thought the movie was well made though.
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #67
TH35  113 heat pts113
space
space
 V For Vendetta said
At the end of the day, this was a movie about the effects of mental illness, but a lot of people won't see it that way.

They let a woman with known mental issues adopt a kid

They let a woman with known mental issues let that kid be repeatedly abused

Even after being repeatedly abused, they still left that kid to be repeatedly abused

Even after being repeatedly abused, he ends up back with his mentally ill abusive mother

He receives a*sistance for his mental condition, but as we can see it's wholly inadequate. Even his psychiatrist straight up tells him they don't give a sh*t about him or her.

Sidenote: I love how easily they showed a person with mental issues can acquire a gun. When they're so readily available in this country it is that simple.

The city decides to cut the funding to help people with mental issues. He can no longer receive help or medicine. We willingly choose to let people with mental issues go without any a*sistance to save a few dollars all over this country.

People are only going to see the violence and ignore the fact that if we had done our job as a society and helped Arthur he might've been saved. Instead, we let him fall through the cracks of the system.

Unfortunately, there are many children being abused in mentally unstable households right now who won't receive the a*sistance they need. They'll grow up and more than likely k*ll themselves as Arthur planned on doing the entire movie, but others may end up becoming the Joker.

We ignore mental issues as if they don't exist. Minorities aren't even allowed to have them, and white men only have them after they commit mass murder so they have an excuse to give them for being domestic terrorists.

Much like we do today after Arthur k*lled those people on the subway, the first question wasn't about his mental state. The first thing the media asked was his political affiliation. What political statement was he making?

A man murders people and the media finds a way to twist it into us turning against each other over political parties.
Yea it's a character study about mental illness and after seeing it I cant compare it to Falling Down other than the mental illness aspect.

2 weeks ago '09        #68
dweezy 
space
space
$664   Props total: 693 693
First of all u can take joker out of the title and call it Author because it's not a joker movie u can't compare him to other jokers because he's only in the costume for about 20mins. I think it's an odd movie but I think it's suppose to be that way on purpose.
Imo most of the story wasn't true he was already locked up in a psychiatric hospital. I think both psychologist was the same person but in his story she was a different person and another reason why I think he is making up most of the story because he is in ever scene in the movie this his own interpretation what happened.

+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #69
Rugby Jones  8 heat pts8
space
space
$2,928   Props total: 10741 10741
 bnw99 said
I dont get the allure of this movie. There is no Batman at all...so....whats the point?
Suplex yourself !!!

Best Villain of all time, that's Y

Go eat a batd*ck
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #70
V For Vendetta  5 heat pts5
space
space
$3,307   Props total: 7636 7636
 TH35 said
I thought that the

There's mad weird parts to me. I cant argue if someone didnt like the movie because of that fact. I also think if ppl didnt enjoy the sitting through 1hr 30 or so set up for the end payoff then I cant argue either.

I liked JP and thought the movie was well made though.
The Stair music choice is right up there with It: Chapter 2 for worst soundtrack decisions of the year. They both take you completely out of the mood the film was going for and you never quite get back in.

As for the pacing I also have to agree. Too many movies are just long for the sole reason of being long and it hurts the film. IT Chapter 2, Hustlers, and now Joker fall into this category for me.
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #71
TH35  113 heat pts113
space
space
 V For Vendetta said
The Stair music choice is right up there with It: Chapter 2 for worst soundtrack decisions of the year. They both take you completely out of the mood the film was going for and you never quite get back in.

As for the pacing I also have to agree. Too many movies are just long for the sole reason of being long and it hurts the film. IT Chapter 2, Hustlers, and now Joker fall into this category for me.
Yea I was laughing but not for the right reasons on that part.

2 weeks ago '11        #72
CALViiiN  798 heat pts798 OP
space
space
$21,306   Props total: 49232 49232
Bump

2 weeks ago '19        #73
Amarula  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$693   Props total: 3625 3625
yes....

2 weeks ago '05        #74
SupaMann  53 heat pts53
space
space
$5,717   Props total: 2296 2296
Fkn, amazing
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #75
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$19,356   Props total: 41292 41292
Iím gonna just say calling this a comic book movie is an insult. This film is up there with the greats regardless of genre
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+478online now  55
Image(s) inside How I make 4K+ a month 100% LEGALLY doing barely anything(if i'm lying..
229 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+22online now  47
Image(s) inside You guys were right about The Game
283 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  40
Image(s) inside REAL LIFE EPIDEMIC: CORPORATE AMERICA Is Now EXPLOTING BLACKS GANG CUL..
81 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+75online now  11
Cousin Skeeter/One On One Actor Reveals He's A CRIP, Busts Out Flag
205 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy