House of X & Power of X Will the MCU adopt this version of X-Men

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 months ago '16        #26
Negusis  7 heat pts7
space
space
space
$4,969   Props total: 12688 12688
[QUOTE=MsMarySon;50236307]Hollywood is known for being racist and s*xist so wtf makes you think they don’t leave money on the table. Being as non whites and women are the biggest financial groups ever shows they leave money on the table all the fu*king time. 9 outta 10 movies lose money! That’s why they geek for blockbusters to balance the books out but they’re arrogance makes them think they know what the consumer wants without even considering the consumer[QUOTE]

Gambit is white. So what does racism and s*xism have to do with this situation?

3 months ago '05        #27
Neohuey89 
space
space
$2,812   Props total: 1071 1071
 jholla31 said
Can someone explain for a person who does not read the comics? like what are the differences in these two versions vs. what we currently saw just play out from a plot perspective..

like are the core characters who drive the narrative different? (IE less wolverine?)....are there different versions of these characters? etc...

like what makes these new series diff from the old stuff is what I'm asking...

I'm generally interested....
It all depends on who you’re reading and what you are reading. Generally the writer and artist get to do what they want as long as the editors give them the okay and because of that writers have different ways of telling stories.

Sometimes writers will have self contained stories where writers will build up and tear down concepts as they begin and end runs. Some writers runs become critically acclaimed and become what is considered the “definitive” run. Chris Claremont’s run on the X-Men is considered the definitive X-Men run and a lot of newer stories will be based on characters or plots that took place during that run.

We really don’t know who the main focus of Jonathan Hickman’s run is going to be, but one thing about this particular writer is he always goes big. He uses A LOT of characters and his stories usually run on for YEARS. One thing that is great is you can pick up House of X #1 and jump in without having read anything else.
+2   

3 months ago '16        #28
The other guy 
space
space
space
$204   Props total: 401 401
 Supreme God said
Good read for non comic book people. I remember reading a while back that Marvel did not own the rights to the xmen which confused me until I researched it, bunch legal and rights stuff. Which characters do they still NOT have rights to? Anybody that would hinder things?
Here's the visual guide on Marvels char rights

Last edited by The other guy; 07-25-2019 at 12:58 PM..
+1   

3 months ago '18        #29
MsMarySon 
space
space
space
$1,229   Props total: 1848 1848
[quote=Negusis;50236477][QUOTE=MsMarySon;50236307]Hollywood is known for being racist and s*xist so wtf makes you think they don’t leave money on the table. Being as non whites and women are the biggest financial groups ever shows they leave money on the table all the fu*king time. 9 outta 10 movies lose money! That’s why they geek for blockbusters to balance the books out but they’re arrogance makes them think they know what the consumer wants without even considering the consumer

Gambit is white. So what does racism and s*xism have to do with this situation?
Hollywood executive have flawed morals and they have no fu*king idea of what a great story is

3 months ago '05        #30
Da Gooneyz  5 heat pts5
space
space
$8,664   Props total: 2276 2276
"So you made your own language?"

"Of course we did. One cannot create a distinct culture without it."

Hickman is not playing.
+5   

3 months ago '04        #31
mpmastamind510  57 heat pts57
space
space
$3,514   Props total: 3082 3082
house of x #1 is

yall go read it if u havent..

hickman dont play

3 months ago '04        #32
NAKHI ALLAH  1 heat pts1
space
space
$8,784   Props total: 3468 3468
 Yano said
How are y’all reading these comics ? I’ve been wanting to get back into them for a while but have a hard time finding new ones at my local store, it seems to be all old ones, like for collectors.

Is it worth it to get the paper copies still or should I just buy them digitally ?? I noticed Marvel has a subscription service, anybody ever fu*k with that ? Do i get access to everything they release or I gotta subscribe to different series ?
I get my comics like my movies and music

3 months ago '14        #33
Swade009  101 heat pts101 OP
space
space
space
$11,899   Props total: 10465 10465
This is definitely going to be used for the MCU, I have a feeling Mutants will have a new origin.
[url]https://youtu.be/97QBd176Uic/url]

Last edited by Swade009; 07-31-2019 at 01:56 PM..

3 months ago '16        #34
Bidam7  538 heat pts538
space
space
$33,761   Props total: 89673 89673

Keep the theme
+4   

3 months ago '14        #35
space
space
space
 Bidam7 said

Keep the theme
When the Marvel logo comes up they gotta play it.

+1   

3 months ago '17        #36
Coffee  53 heat pts53
space
space
space
$5,134   Props total: 14925 14925
 Swade009 said

Just released today from Jonathan Hickman and the MCU often brings over alot of Hickman adaptions into the MCU. It's a deeper dive into the past present and future of the Xmen.

This is one of the best #1s from Marvel in awhile

This will release next week
Huge slap.

Always slapping that boys vids.

Feige loves the X-MEN, classic X-MEN, expect a Jim Lee Chris C type adaptation.

Also, I hate these stupid 'what if' non-sense.

3 months ago '18        #37
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$3,994   Props total: 13320 13320
 Negusis said
What this essentially is is a reboot of the X-Men franchise. What's been happening recently as of late in the comics is that the X-Men Series has been put on the back burner. People felt it happen for various reasons, the most popular opinion being that since Marvel did not own the film rights to X-Men that they downgraded them in a sense to not help Fox and others. Because of this a lot of bad stories spawned back-to-back with X-Men characters. Now, because Marvel has the rights back to at least most of them, now they will bring the X-Men back to their previous prominence. So overall it was a big political game that really only punished the consumer.

The difference now is that Marvel has put one of their best writers on to the X-Men and he will have a significant amount of control over the X-Men that hasn't really been seen since Chris Claremont. Chris Claremont is probably the most famous X-Men writer outside of Stanley. And he's probably hands-down the most important X-Men writer. Jonathan Hickman has come into much prominence in his writing of other characters and this is the first time that he's really had this level of control over the X-Men. So with it even books that he's not per se writing, he will have a say in what goes into those books and the overall direction of the X-Men even if he's not the specific writer of them. What that does is keep the X-Men stories in line in a linear fashion instead of having 10 different writers having 10 different perspectives and making various mistakes that would undermine each other stories. So basically you have one guy saying yay or nay when it comes to their comics.

This particular story starting off is going to bring the X-Men back to prominence, it will more than likely be more in line with their actual characters and their previous story lines while spinning off new storylines that are in more continuity with the X-Men. What is been a problem with X-Men comics and comics in general is that you will have one Rider come into great stories for a long. Of time and then the next Ryder gets the franchise and they just completely s*** all over all the good work that was done previously before them and makes the characters in stories look stupid. This is an attempt to help make sure that this does not happen. They do not need to have the store in the MCU. There's 50 to 60 other X-Men stories that happened in the comics that have yet to hit the film that would be great for film before anyone even thinks about talking about this.
I've probably read less than 10 titles of Marvel comics in my life, so I consider myself a casual. The issue that i've had with comics in general is that I feel like they're all over the place. It could be conditioning because I read manga or I haven't read the right stories from great writers.

Also, many suspect that brands "tank" or try to sabotage others, but mostly can't prove. Like Marvel sabotaging Fox, Sony and Warner Bros comic book movies through media. I strongly feel like there will be a documentary on this in like 40 years when the comic book live action craze dies off.

3 months ago '04        #38
space
space
Powers of x #1 was fire
+2   

3 months ago '05        #39
Da Gooneyz  5 heat pts5
space
space
 mpmastamind510 said
Powers of x #1 was fire
Fire! So glad this is weekly. The world-building is insane.
+1   

3 months ago '16        #40
Negusis  7 heat pts7
space
space
space
$4,969   Props total: 12688 12688
 Pastor Ra said
I've probably read less than 10 titles of Marvel comics in my life, so I consider myself a casual. The issue that i've had with comics in general is that I feel like they're all over the place. It could be conditioning because I read manga or I haven't read the right stories from great writers.

Also, many suspect that brands "tank" or try to sabotage others, but mostly can't prove. Like Marvel sabotaging Fox, Sony and Warner Bros comic book movies through media. I strongly feel like there will be a documentary on this in like 40 years when the comic book live action craze dies off.
Youre right. They are all over the place. Continuity has always been a problem with American comics overall. Especially the big names.

I dint think anyone would argue that Marvel sabotaged Fox in sime way, but Fox more so did it to themselves with the horrible fu*kin movies overall.

In all of their X-Men related movie, First Class was cool, DOFP had it moments, Deadpool is cool and Logan was decent. Every thing else was below average to trash.

The problem with Hollywood is they pass these media creations to people who dont actually engage with the product but are there just for a check. Which leaves you with garbage franchises.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #41
Yano  1 heat pts1
space
space
$1,093   Props total: 1038 1038
Yeah I’m fu*king with this so far.

As someone who just got back into comics, is there any new series coming out that I should look out for ? Absolute Carnage looks pretty dope.
+1   

2 months ago '14        #42
space
space
space
 Coffee said
Huge slap.

Always slapping that boys vids.

Feige loves the X-MEN, classic X-MEN, expect a Jim Lee Chris C type adaptation.

Also, I hate these stupid 'what if' non-sense.
It's not what-if..... Hickman is changing the Xmen after these 12 issues I think they are doing 6 more xmen issues. This is going to be a big event like his Secret Wars event and his Xmen vs Avengers....

Slap for not knowing what you're talking about.
+1   

2 months ago '14        #43
space
space
space
 Yano said
Yeah I’m fu*king with this so far.

As someone who just got back into comics, is there any new series coming out that I should look out for ? Absolute Carnage looks pretty dope.
If you haven't read immortal Hulk you gotta read that series its flames.

If anyone read this weeks issue

What they did to Moira

They need to put pieces of his stories and sprinkle them through the Xmen MCU as well as his Xmen Vs Avengers, Avengers & New Avengers which lead up to Secret Wars (2015)

Last edited by Swade009; 08-07-2019 at 10:38 PM..
+4   

2 months ago '04        #44
space
space
todays issue was

2 months ago '17        #45
Lazy  4 heat pts4
space
space
space
$2,995   Props total: 10508 10508
 Da Gooneyz said
"So you made your own language?"

"Of course we did. One cannot create a distinct culture without it."

Hickman is not playing.
Seems like their plan didn't work either

Only 8 mutants left in the Milky Way

2 months ago '05        #46
Da Gooneyz  5 heat pts5
space
space
Moira X.

Bruh.

2 months ago '17        #47
YAYO101 
space
space
$4,724   Props total: 12720 12720

DopeSpill is great channel, he breaks down of House Of X for those that don't really mess with the Comics and only care about MCU Movies

Hell Yes that is the direction they should go for MCU Version of X-Men! Really need to do something different compared to what Fox did with it

Last edited by YAYO101; 08-08-2019 at 10:51 AM..

2 months ago '04        #48
kniccalodeon  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$2,254   Props total: 5169 5169
...Hickman is murdering this sh*t.

I’m so happy to see new X-Men stories that are GOOD.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #49
MosDefinition  19 heat pts19
space
space
$27,022   Props total: 6888 6888
 Negusis said
Not any major major characters. I still they dont have Namor. Who would be goof for several stories and an entertaining character.
Namor rights are like the hulks rights they can't a solo movie but they can include him in other movies
+1   

2 months ago '04        #50
Mumbletaker  71 heat pts71
space
space
$17,745   Props total: 18761 18761
 Swade009 said
If you haven't read immortal Hulk you gotta read that series its flames.

If anyone read this weeks issue

What they did to Moira

They need to put pieces of his stories and sprinkle them through the Xmen MCU as well as his Xmen Vs Avengers, Avengers & New Avengers which lead up to Secret Wars (2015)
Why? Why wouldn't Hickman tell us about
[spoiler - click to view]

????

But I think that's a bit of misdirection. The real mystery is timeline #9 since there's no ending.
Who won the Apocalypse war?
How/when did Moira die?
Did she die?

Last edited by Mumbletaker; 08-08-2019 at 06:01 PM..

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+22online now  53
Image(s) inside You guys were right about The Game
292 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  49
Image(s) inside REAL LIFE EPIDEMIC: CORPORATE AMERICA Is Now EXPLOTING BLACKS GANG CUL..
81 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+480online now  46
Image(s) inside How I make 4K+ a month 100% LEGALLY doing barely anything(if i'm lying..
233 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+78online now  22
Cousin Skeeter/One On One Actor Reveals He's A CRIP, Busts Out Flag
207 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy