House of X & Power of X Will the MCU adopt this version of X-Men

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
16 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 months ago '14        #1
4580 page views
84 comments

Swade009  101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$11,900   Props total: 10466 10466
House of X & Power of X Will the MCU adopt this version of X-Men

Just released today from Jonathan Hickman and the MCU often brings over alot of Hickman adaptions into the MCU. It's a deeper dive into the past present and future of the Xmen.
This is one of the best #1s from Marvel in awhile

This will release next week

Last edited by Swade009; 07-31-2019 at 01:56 PM..
+10   

best
worst
84 comments

3 months ago '14        #2
Swade009  101 heat pts101 OP
space
space
space
 MYd*ckSOCOLD said
No.

House of M, Heroes Reborn, Avengers vs X-Men... that's plenty.
I feel like this Hickman story is going to setup alot throughout MCUs version of Xmen. It's the 1st issue but it's looking like this will be the best Xmen series since Hickmans last run at then.

Last edited by Swade009; 07-24-2019 at 08:34 PM..
+5   

3 months ago '04        #3
NAKHI ALLAH  1 heat pts1
space
space
$8,784   Props total: 3468 3468
Swade hickman is nice loved his ff run but Claremont is the best xmen writer ever

.it aint even close
+2   

3 months ago '14        #4
Swade009  101 heat pts101 OP
space
space
space
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Swade hickman is nice loved his ff run but Claremont is the best xmen writer ever

.it aint even close
The last few runs of the Xmen have been trash though...
+1   

3 months ago '17        #5
HuckMoe  20 heat pts20
space
space
space
$607   Props total: 1943 1943
X-MEN are on the comeback trail...

Best Marvel Comic book writer relaunching X-MEN & New Mutants (check)

Now just need

A new animated show on Disney+

A new PS4/PS5 Game

And it'll all lead up to that MCU Reboot film

Avengers had a nice Lil run but now it's over!
+9   

3 months ago '04        #6
jholla31  2 heat pts2
space
space
$1,152   Props total: 1341 1341
 Swade009 said
Just released today from Jonathan Hickman and the MCU often brings over alot of Hickman adaptions into the MCU. It's a deeper dive into the past present and future of the Xmen.

Swade009 said
I feel like this Hickman story is going to setup alot throughout MCUs version of Xmen. It's the 1st issue but it's looking like this will be the best Xmen series since Hickmans last run at then.

NAKHI ALLAH said

.it aint even close
 HuckMoe said
X-MEN are on the comeback trail...

Best Marvel Comic book writer relaunching X-MEN & New Mutants (check)

Now just need

A new animated show on Disney+

A new PS4/PS5 Game

And it'll all lead up to that MCU Reboot film

Avengers had a nice Lil run but now it's over!

Can someone explain for a person who does not read the comics? like what are the differences in these two versions vs. what we currently saw just play out from a plot perspective..

like are the core characters who drive the narrative different? (IE less wolverine?)....are there different versions of these characters? etc...

like what makes these new series diff from the old stuff is what I'm asking...

I'm generally interested....
+2   

3 months ago '16        #7
Negusis  7 heat pts7
space
space
space
$4,969   Props total: 12688 12688
 jholla31 said
Can someone explain for a person who does not read the comics? like what are the differences in these two versions vs. what we currently saw just play out from a plot perspective..

like are the core characters who drive the narrative different? (IE less wolverine?)....are there different versions of these characters? etc...

like what makes these new series diff from the old stuff is what I'm asking...

I'm generally interested....
What this essentially is is a reboot of the X-Men franchise. What's been happening recently as of late in the comics is that the X-Men Series has been put on the back burner. People felt it happen for various reasons, the most popular opinion being that since Marvel did not own the film rights to X-Men that they downgraded them in a sense to not help Fox and others. Because of this a lot of bad stories spawned back-to-back with X-Men characters. Now, because Marvel has the rights back to at least most of them, now they will bring the X-Men back to their previous prominence. So overall it was a big political game that really only punished the consumer.

The difference now is that Marvel has put one of their best writers on to the X-Men and he will have a significant amount of control over the X-Men that hasn't really been seen since Chris Claremont. Chris Claremont is probably the most famous X-Men writer outside of Stanley. And he's probably hands-down the most important X-Men writer. Jonathan Hickman has come into much prominence in his writing of other characters and this is the first time that he's really had this level of control over the X-Men. So with it even books that he's not per se writing, he will have a say in what goes into those books and the overall direction of the X-Men even if he's not the specific writer of them. What that does is keep the X-Men stories in line in a linear fashion instead of having 10 different writers having 10 different perspectives and making various mistakes that would undermine each other stories. So basically you have one guy saying yay or nay when it comes to their comics.

This particular story starting off is going to bring the X-Men back to prominence, it will more than likely be more in line with their actual characters and their previous story lines while spinning off new storylines that are in more continuity with the X-Men. What is been a problem with X-Men comics and comics in general is that you will have one Rider come into great stories for a long. Of time and then the next Ryder gets the franchise and they just completely s*** all over all the good work that was done previously before them and makes the characters in stories look stupid. This is an attempt to help make sure that this does not happen. They do not need to have the store in the MCU. There's 50 to 60 other X-Men stories that happened in the comics that have yet to hit the film that would be great for film before anyone even thinks about talking about this.
+10   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 months ago '04        #8
Mike T  192 heat pts192
space
space
$18,190   Props total: 37023 37023

+6   

3 months ago '04        #9
C.R.I.P.  4 heat pts4
space
space
$19,933   Props total: 11572 11572
I just enjoyed the hell out of the last X-Men run comic run, had some dope sh*t in there.

Will def check this out.
+1   

3 months ago '16        #10
Supreme God  145 heat pts145
space
space
$6,990   Props total: 31830 31830
 Negusis said
What this essentially is is a reboot of the X-Men franchise. What's been happening recently as of late in the comics is that the X-Men Series has been put on the back burner. People felt it happen for various reasons, the most popular opinion being that since Marvel did not own the film rights to X-Men that they downgraded them in a sense to not help Fox and others. Because of this a lot of bad stories spawned back-to-back with X-Men characters. Now, because Marvel has the rights back to at least most of them, now they will bring the X-Men back to their previous prominence. So overall it was a big political game that really only punished the consumer.

The difference now is that Marvel has put one of their best writers on to the X-Men and he will have a significant amount of control over the X-Men that hasn't really been seen since Chris Claremont. Chris Claremont is probably the most famous X-Men writer outside of Stanley. And he's probably hands-down the most important X-Men writer. Jonathan Hickman has come into much prominence in his writing of other characters and this is the first time that he's really had this level of control over the X-Men. So with it even books that he's not per se writing, he will have a say in what goes into those books and the overall direction of the X-Men even if he's not the specific writer of them. What that does is keep the X-Men stories in line in a linear fashion instead of having 10 different writers having 10 different perspectives and making various mistakes that would undermine each other stories. So basically you have one guy saying yay or nay when it comes to their comics.

This particular story starting off is going to bring the X-Men back to prominence, it will more than likely be more in line with their actual characters and their previous story lines while spinning off new storylines that are in more continuity with the X-Men. What is been a problem with X-Men comics and comics in general is that you will have one Rider come into great stories for a long. Of time and then the next Ryder gets the franchise and they just completely s*** all over all the good work that was done previously before them and makes the characters in stories look stupid. This is an attempt to help make sure that this does not happen. They do not need to have the store in the MCU. There's 50 to 60 other X-Men stories that happened in the comics that have yet to hit the film that would be great for film before anyone even thinks about talking about this.
Good read for non comic book people. I remember reading a while back that Marvel did not own the rights to the xmen which confused me until I researched it, bunch legal and rights stuff. Which characters do they still NOT have rights to? Anybody that would hinder things?

3 months ago '16        #11
mobchip  5 heat pts5
space
space
$3,248   Props total: 6399 6399
 Supreme God said
Good read for non comic book people. I remember reading a while back that Marvel did not own the rights to the xmen which confused me until I researched it, bunch legal and rights stuff. Which characters do they still NOT have rights to? Anybody that would hinder things?
Since Marvel Studio now owns all the live-action rights that were sold to Fox there are no limitations in regards to XMEN and Fantastic 4. Marvel Studios can make a new version of "New Mutants" with no problems. New Deadpool movie...no problems it can be made asap.
+3   

3 months ago '12        #12
Yano  1 heat pts1
space
space
$1,093   Props total: 1038 1038
How are y’all reading these comics ? I’ve been wanting to get back into them for a while but have a hard time finding new ones at my local store, it seems to be all old ones, like for collectors.

Is it worth it to get the paper copies still or should I just buy them digitally ?? I noticed Marvel has a subscription service, anybody ever fu*k with that ? Do i get access to everything they release or I gotta subscribe to different series ?
+1   

3 months ago '16        #13
mobchip  5 heat pts5
space
space
$3,248   Props total: 6399 6399
 Yano said
How are yíall reading these comics ? Iíve been wanting to get back into them for a while but have a hard time finding new ones at my local store, it seems to be all old ones, like for collectors.

Is it worth it to get the paper copies still or should I just buy them digitally ?? I noticed Marvel has a subscription service, anybody ever fu*k with that ? Do i get access to everything they release or I gotta subscribe to different series ?
In my opinion, paper comics are a waste of my cash and space. I only buy paper comics that come graded and or autographed. Other than that paper comics are worthless. Buy the collection volumes. I can't speak on the Marvel Universe thing they have, but you can get the comics on there.

3 months ago '16        #14
Negusis  7 heat pts7
space
space
space
 Supreme God said
Not any major major characters. I still they dont have Namor. Who would be goof for several stories and an entertaining character.

3 months ago '16        #15
Negusis  7 heat pts7
space
space
space
 Yano said
How are y’all reading these comics ? I’ve been wanting to get back into them for a while but have a hard time finding new ones at my local store, it seems to be all old ones, like for collectors.

I wouldnt get the paper ones unless yoire a colletlctor or have signed copied ones.

Marvel sub service is okay, but they dont have all their sh*t on there. I would keep it if they did.

There several sites to view them, but I always advise people to support your favorite creators monetarily.

Also there is comixology

Last edited by Negusis; 07-25-2019 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: Edit

3 months ago '12        #16
Yano  1 heat pts1
space
space
$1,093   Props total: 1038 1038
 Negusis said
I wouldnt get the paper ones unless yoire a colletlctor or have signed copied ones.

Marvel sub service is okay, but they dont have all their sh*t on there. I would keep it if they did.

There several sites to view them, but I always advise people to support your favorite creators monetarily.

Also there is comixology

Yeah Iíve been looking into ComiXology for the past little bit, differences between that and Marvel etc. I think ima just buy them directly off Marvel site, since like you said the Marvel unlimited doesnít have new issues right away.

Only problem is I can see this getting quite expensive cause I can see already thereís a few series Iíd like to check out (House of X, Absolute carnage, history of marvel universe, etc.) plus Iím in Canada so the prices are a little more
+1   

3 months ago '18        #17
MsMarySon 
space
space
space
$1,229   Props total: 1848 1848
 Swade009 said

fu*k all that just give us a Gambit movie

3 months ago '16        #18
Negusis  7 heat pts7
space
space
space
 MsMarySon said
fu*k all that just give us a Gambit movie
Gambit is one of the most overrated characters of all time.
+3   

3 months ago '05        #19
Micheal C. Will  41 heat pts41
space
space
$33,991   Props total: 38109 38109
We just need a serious proper X-Men film.

Hopefully we get it one day.

The themes and storylines are mostly for mature audiences. So we will see how Disney handles it, because Fox never got it right.

Even though Dark Phoenix was halfway decent for their last film. Better than Apocalypse that's for sure.
+1   

3 months ago '05        #20
kriskross00  143 heat pts143
space
space
$24,400   Props total: 53039 53039
 Yano said
Yeah I’ve been looking into ComiXology for the past little bit, differences between that and Marvel etc. I think ima just buy them directly off Marvel site, since like you said the Marvel unlimited doesn’t have new issues right away.

Only problem is I can see this getting quite expensive cause I can see already there’s a few series I’d like to check out (House of X, Absolute carnage, history of marvel universe, etc.) plus I’m in Canada so the prices are a little more

[spoiler - click to view]

+7   

3 months ago '12        #21
kiddalex  12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,103   Props total: 13993 13993
I'm definitely gonna give this a chance.

I abandoned ship on Marvel when there were "old" versions of characters , female versions of male characters , and young versions of characters all running around at the same fu*king time. It wasn't I was mad women were taking over or whatever it was just too fu*king hard to follow and too many books out there CONSTANTLY rebooting and restarting.

3 months ago '18        #22
MsMarySon 
space
space
space
 Negusis said
Gambit is one of the most overrated characters of all time.
By having a fan base thatís begging for a feature film, thatís called underrated! Overrated is when you make a movie and know goes to see the sh*t and ask for a movie about s certain character who was missing from said sh*tty film

3 months ago '16        #23
Negusis  7 heat pts7
space
space
space
 MsMarySon said
By having a fan base thatís begging for a feature film, thatís called underrated! Overrated is when you make a movie and know goes to see the sh*t and ask for a movie about s certain character who was missing from said sh*tty film

If the demand for Gambit was as high as youre making it out to be, the movie would already be done. Gambit has fans, theyre not plentiful, theyre just loud.

Hollywood aint leaving money on the table like that.

3 months ago '18        #24
MsMarySon 
space
space
space
 Negusis said
If the demand for Gambit was as high as youre making it out to be, the movie would already be done. Gambit has fans, theyre not plentiful, theyre just loud.

Hollywood aint leaving money on the table like that.
Hollywood is known for being racist and s*xist so wtf makes you think they donít leave money on the table. Being as non whites and women are the biggest financial groups ever shows they leave money on the table all the fu*king time. 9 outta 10 movies lose money! Thatís why they geek for blockbusters to balance the books out but theyíre arrogance makes them think they know what the consumer wants without even considering the consumer

3 months ago '06        #25
StillFree28  45 heat pts45
space
space
$22,807   Props total: 9138 9138
Long as they do my boy Scott Summers right this time, I'm with it.
+3   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  21
Image(s) inside You guys were right about The Game
312 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+504online now  21
Image(s) inside How I make 4K+ a month 100% LEGALLY doing barely anything(if i'm lying..
242 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  9
The first real photo of a PlayStation 5 dev kit appears
77 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
+83online now  9
Cousin Skeeter/One On One Actor Reveals He's A CRIP, Busts Out Flag