Robert Downey Jr. Responds to Martin Scorseseís Marvel Comments, Declined Oscar Campaign

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+36  106
37 comments @sports
most viewed right now
52 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '15        #26
Deuce2416 
space
space
$2,515   Props total: 7272 7272
Scorsese’s opinion sounds high falutin’ af... but I’m still seeing the Irishman on day one, and the next MCU movie day one.

+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #27
Yaggy  7 heat pts7
space
space
$3,226   Props total: 4739 4739
I don't consider anime cinema

2 weeks ago '19        #28
Dickhead  3 heat pts3
space
space
space
$1,680   Props total: 4093 4093
 twoshotdez said
How is it not visual art in the highest form? With all the CGI and green scene at times seemless so flawlessly you donít even really get caught up in it

How is that Avatar is consider art but Infinity wars isnít?

Both used mainly cgi and green screen, so how do they differ? Avatar was a one off, original screen play (if Iím not mistaken)

But Infinity wars was...I mean we all know the movie and comic book history and implications..

Plus the acting done by the actors, to really put heart and feeling into these roles, mind you they doing this with half of set not physically their. Now thatís actions.

And for the hell of it, what about captain American winter soldier? Damn there no cgi, and if not these what, top 2 of the best films in the mcu, you wonít call that a great spy movie?

2 weeks ago '16        #29
Igmon 
space
space
space
$120   Props total: 208 208
I think Avatar had to do with the Special FX. At the time there was nothing like it that we'd seen. But we were rewatching Ferngully and Pocahontas. Avatar has not aged well in my opinion.
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #30
RocBasement15  4 heat pts4
space
space
$1,610   Props total: 2552 2552
 d*ckhead said
When did scorsese say they shouldnt be allowed to make comic book movies?

Theyre simple movies for simple people, and theyre entertainment as opposed to art. Thats all. Nobody is really trying to say they shouldnt be allowed to make them
It's not art bruh? Y'all boys would be rich if you kept that 2 cents in ya pocket.... You guys must not know how hard green screen and animation rendering is. Literally you most of the time have to do a lot of pretending on a stage which is literally what theatre arts is...

Somebody tell me is CATS art? Is that real theatre? Grown mfs running round like cats? There's a scratch for everyone's itch just because it's not your type of art don't mean it's not a type of art

Last edited by RocBasement15; 10-08-2019 at 08:08 PM..

2 weeks ago '05        #31
Micheal C. Will  41 heat pts41
space
space
$33,969   Props total: 38047 38047
Well if you look up the actual definition of cinema, then yea comic books flims fall under that category.

Martin Scoresse has his own arbitrary definition of what cinema is and that's his business.

But I think I'll go with the actual definition of the word, then just one man's opinion.
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #32
Dickhead  3 heat pts3
space
space
space
$1,680   Props total: 4093 4093
 RocBasement15 said
It's not art bruh? Y'all boys would be rich if you kept that 2 cents in ya pocket.... You guys must not know how hard green screen and animation rendering is. Literally you most of the time have to do a lot of pretending on a stage which is literally what theatre arts is...

Somebody tell me is CATS art? Is that real theatre? Grown mfs running round like cats? There's a scratch for everyone's itch just because it's not your type of art don't mean it's not a type of art
Nah

Marvel flicks are not art.

Just because something is on film doesnt make it art. pr0n is on film; that doesnt mean a 18yearold valley girl getting her a**hole filled with d*cks by an a*sortment of short hairy middleaged Jewish men and steroid-addled bis*xuals is art.

Disneys Marvel movies are just entertainment. Very well done entertainment, sure, but thats it.

I hesitate to say it bc theres a negative connotation informed by the s*xual nature of pr0n that I dont intend by the comparison, but marvel flicks are closer in nature to pr0n than they are to art.

Last edited by Dickhead; 10-08-2019 at 08:46 PM..

2 weeks ago '12        #33
44wade  317 heat pts317
space
space
space
$29,382   Props total: 20149 20149
sh*t i was about to say whats next, cartoons being seen as theatrical masterpieces? Voice overs, getting Oscar nominations for best performance?

But then I think about what Samuel Jackson said, about thats like saying Bugs Bunny isnt funny. I damn near think he was trolling and using an animated character as an example sarcastically.

2 weeks ago '17        #34
GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$3,810   Props total: 29030 29030
 904Nole said
Who knew Scorsese wasn't allowed to have an opinion.
And people have opinion that differ. Welcome to the world and the internet. Enjoy your stay.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #35
Drug Free|M  11 heat pts11
space
space
$49,596   Props total: 2033 2033
 Kdub31 said
Sounds like he knows exactly what Scorcese was talking about and half way agrees
I think he fully agrees but heís not gonna sh*t on his last decade career lol he was in it for the bag. Thatís all.

While I donít agree thatís itís not cinema, super hero movies are the mumble rap of cinema. Itís more there to escape than it is thought provoking, which is fine and needed.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #36
Drug Free|M  11 heat pts11
space
space
$49,596   Props total: 2033 2033
 d*ckhead said
Nah

Marvel flicks are not art.

Just because something is on film doesnt make it art. pr0n is on film; that doesnt mean a 18yearold valley girl getting her a**hole filled with d*cks by an a*sortment of short hairy middleaged Jewish men and steroid-addled bis*xuals is art.

Disneys Marvel movies are just entertainment. Very well done entertainment, sure, but thats it.

I hesitate to say it bc theres a negative connotation informed by the s*xual nature of pr0n that I dont intend by the comparison, but marvel flicks are closer in nature to pr0n than they are to art.
Anything is art if it moves you. Art is subjective.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '04        #37
eazyvaboy  82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,040   Props total: 20478 20478
 AriGold said
At the end of the day Scorcese comments were right.
Most of those Marvel movies are filmed in front of a green screen which is not real cinema.
Those Marvel movies are still good as fu*k tho but I don't see why people are so concerned what Marty has to say.
Marty is one of the few that can criticize Marvel.
Marty is not a good director, producer, or screenwriter. All of his success is because he latched on to Robert De Niro and Leonardo Dicaprio. Tell me a decent movie that he has made in the last 30 years that didn't have one of them in it.

+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #38
Wiles 
space
space
$141   Props total: 184 184
 Lord God said
Scorcese's comments are no different than jazz musicians claiming other genre's pollute the artform. This insistence that different looks can't exist within the same ecosystem is just nuts... movie goers are not monolithic drones that are turned off by a certain genre simply because something new & shiny shows up, and these legends make themselves look like relics when they think otherwise.
you sir are full of sh*t when Jazz was getting the same criticisms in its apex

2 weeks ago '18        #39
Wiles 
space
space
$141   Props total: 184 184
 Yaggy said
I don't consider anime cinema
its not.....

its called anime

2 weeks ago '16        #40
Yaggy  7 heat pts7
space
space
$3,226   Props total: 4739 4739
 Wiles said
its not.....

its called anime

I consider all things comic rated animated

I was bored and wanted to start an alt narrative

2 weeks ago '17        #41
WHATEVERMAN 
space
space
$1,029   Props total: 3519 3519
"If you say you can't please em' all, that's a cop out/
I know dudes who love Def Jux that bought College Dropout/
Same dudes play Tool to rock out/
So if your blaming your poor sales on fans, you better watch out" -Muneshine

"We all got the same flow, same topics, same beats, same drums, same notes/
ain't coppin' in the streets, so we blame the labels/
what we droppin' ain't heat, so we need a scapegoat"

Last edited by WHATEVERMAN; 10-09-2019 at 07:02 PM..

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+476online now  50
Image(s) inside How I make 4K+ a month 100% LEGALLY doing barely anything(if i'm lying..
228 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  44
Image(s) inside REAL LIFE EPIDEMIC: CORPORATE AMERICA Is Now EXPLOTING BLACKS GANG CUL..
81 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+22online now  43
Image(s) inside You guys were right about The Game
280 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+75online now  13
Cousin Skeeter/One On One Actor Reveals He's A CRIP, Busts Out Flag