Oct 8 - 28% Of Republicans Now Support Impeachment Action

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

5 days ago '10        #1
277 page views
22 comments

Bandito  300 heat pts300
space
space
space
$10,479   Props total: 28629 28629
Oct 8 - 28% Of Republicans Now Support Impeachment Action

A 58 percent majority of Americans say House Democrats were right to begin an impeachment inquiry of President Trump, and a 49 percent plurality say the House should vote to remove him from office, according to a Washington Post-Schar School poll released Tuesday morning. Support for impeachment has jumped significantly across the board since the White House released a transcript of Trump's July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in late September.

There is a clear partisan split in the results, but 28 percent of Republicans said they support the House impeachment investigation — a 21-point jump from a Washington Post/ABC News poll in July — and 18 percent of Republicans want the House to "vote to remove Trump from office." Meanwhile, 86 percent of Democrats and 57 percent of independents support the impeachment investigation; 78 percent of Democrats and 49 percent of independents want the House to vote to evict Trump from the White House. There's also a generation gap — 40 percent of Republicans age 18-39 back the impeachment investigation versus 23 percent of those 40-64 and 13 percent of Republicans 65 and older.

The Post and George Mason University's Schar School of Policy and Government conducted the poll by phone Oct. 1-6 among 1,007 U.S. adults, and the margin or sampling error for the entire survey is ±3.5 percentage points. The results were nearly identical for U.S. adults and registered voters.

On FiveThirtyEight's aggregate of impeachment polling, which did not include this new poll, 46.5 percent support the impeachment inquiry and 44.7 percent do not.

visit this link https://www.theweek.com/s .. peachment-push

Full results of the poll
visit this link https://www.washingtonpos .. b37_story.html
+3   

best
worst
22 comments

5 days ago '17        #2
Ymmot  24 heat pts24
space
space
space
$14,406   Props total: 34797 34797
Damn, if trump gets impeached...
+1   

5 days ago '10        #3
Bandito  300 heat pts300 OP
space
space
space
$10,479   Props total: 28629 28629
 Ymmot said
It's beginning to look like when, not if.
+1   

5 days ago '19        #4
Gold Face  10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,595   Props total: 15080 15080
Fake news

5 days ago '08        #5
tdnupe3  20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,967   Props total: 32741 32741
 Ymmot said
Dude, they are dragging their feet on just doing an inquiry. I don't see them impeaching him. Especially after they've already come out and said that it was a "non-starter."

It would be great if they did it. I just don't have faith that they come close to having the balls to do it.

Last edited by tdnupe3; 10-08-2019 at 08:27 PM..
+2   

5 days ago '16        #6
Boogersugar  115 heat pts115
space
space
$6,898   Props total: 27088 27088
 tdnupe3 said
Dude, they are dragging their feet on just doing an inquiry. I don't see them impeaching him. Especially after they've already come out and said that it was a "non-starter."

It would be great if the did it. I just don't have faith that come close to having the balls to do it.

The political calculus is changing very rapidly. I agree that leadership was cowardly and paid too much attention to the polls when weighing whether to launch an inquiry but... the polls are changing now so if they're still paying attention - and there's no reason to believe they aren't - they see that they're winning the public over and should respond by turning up the heat.

Impeachment rests in the House. He'll be impeached for sure. Whether he'll be convicted in the Senate is up in the air, and still unlikely, but as recently as two weeks ago I would've said there's no chance. Now it's just unlikely. As more leaks, opinions could continue to move in either direction. Trump's stonewalling can only buy him so much time. Republicans are going to have to talk about this sh*t a lot when they get back to the Hill and that'll be a big pressure point for any Republicans in tough districts.

Removal is still pretty unlikely but impeachment is a good bet. I might look and see if there are lines on that because I think that's eeeeeaaaaasy money.

+4   

5 days ago '06        #7
Skateboard T  59 heat pts59
space
space
$27,333   Props total: 47300 47300
Five thirty eight has an aggregate 16% support now which is still high. Honestly the more Trump talks to more these numbers go up.
+2   

5 days ago '15        #8
AdRock  4 heat pts4
space
space
$3,142   Props total: 10211 10211
Interesting the break in the Conservative demo by Age. Bodes poorly for Trump, the youngest voters in the party, also the largest swath, are the most eager to do the right thing... honestly, I would’ve thought it to be the opposite bc these young buck’s FRONT so hard for Trump, but we see where y’all really stand behind closed doors. They know they the ones who really getting screwed by this in the end. Not the Rich Cats in their party, time for them to wake up and realize they’re simply pawns. That movement ain’t for them...

Last edited by AdRock; 10-09-2019 at 06:35 AM..
+2   

5 days ago '17        #9
Ifeellikekobe  119 heat pts119
space
space
$8,774   Props total: 38518 38518
Guys but but but fake news
+3   

5 days ago '18        #10
Eyesofchaos  24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,392   Props total: 2353 2353
 Gold Face said
Fake news
All part of the plan man. It gets voted up, sh*t goes to trial, oh look we get to intoduce subpoenas and discovery and actually show evidence. Then BAM last trap card activated! FISA DECLASS and I think he has a contingency plan for this as well. Still a win nonetheless and looks bad for msm and certain ppl pushing this hard. Didn't a Democrat come out the other day and say she was pressured to vote up impeachment? I wonder how many others we'll see within a few weeks claim the same thing?

5 days ago '04        #11
ohhohh  3 heat pts3
space
space
$2,143   Props total: 3863 3863
 Boogersugar said
The political calculus is changing very rapidly. I agree that leadership was cowardly and paid too much attention to the polls when weighing whether to launch an inquiry but... the polls are changing now so if they're still paying attention - and there's no reason to believe they aren't - they see that they're winning the public over and should respond by turning up the heat.

Impeachment rests in the House. He'll be impeached for sure. Whether he'll be convicted in the Senate is up in the air, and still unlikely, but as recently as two weeks ago I would've said there's no chance. Now it's just unlikely. As more leaks, opinions could continue to move in either direction. Trump's stonewalling can only buy him so much time. Republicans are going to have to talk about this sh*t a lot when they get back to the Hill and that'll be a big pressure point for any Republicans in tough districts.

Removal is still pretty unlikely but impeachment is a good bet. I might look and see if there are lines on that because I think that's eeeeeaaaaasy money.

Funny how Senate Republicans keep saying "high crimes" and "treason" is constitutional/considerable terms for impeachment for removal of office like abuse of presidential power isn't one of those....but its on the Dems to make a strong enough case to present the facts backing that.

5 days ago '06        #12
space
space
 Eyesofchaos said
All part of the plan man. It gets voted up, sh*t goes to trial, oh look we get to intoduce subpoenas and discovery and actually show evidence. Then BAM last trap card activated! FISA DECLASS and I think he has a contingency plan for this as well. Still a win nonetheless and looks bad for msm and certain ppl pushing this hard. Didn't a Democrat come out the other day and say she was pressured to vote up impeachment? I wonder how many others we'll see within a few weeks claim the same thing?
Lmao stay off the Q bro.

5 days ago '18        #13
space
space
 Skateboard T said
Lmao stay off the Q bro.

5 days ago '12        #14
OldBusiness  193 heat pts193
space
space
$33,589   Props total: 71621 71621
 ohhohh said
Funny how Senate Republicans keep saying "high crimes" and "treason" is constitutional/considerable terms for impeachment for removal of office like abuse of presidential power isn't one of those....but its on the Dems to make a strong enough case to present the facts backing that.
 Boogersugar said

tdnupe3 said

It would be great if they did it. I just don't have faith that they come close to having the balls to do it.

Thing is his teams actions are playing directly into.Pelosis plan lol.

For instance his refusal to adhere to her subpoenas is literally in line with one of the Articles of impeachment brought against Nixon. The third article against Nixon said:

In his conduct of the office of President of the United States, Richard M. Nixon, contrary to his oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has failed without lawful cause or excuse to produce papers and things as directed by duly authorized subpoenas issued by the Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives on April 11, 1974, May 15, 1974, May 30, 1974, and June 24, 1974, and willfully disobeyed such subpoenas. The subpoenaed papers and things were deemed necessary by the Committee in order to resolve by direct evidence fundamental, factual questions relating to Presidential direction, knowledge or approval of actions demonstrated by other evidence to be substantial grounds for impeachment of the President. In refusing to produce these papers and things Richard M. Nixon, substituting his judgment as to what materials were necessary for the inquiry, interposed the powers of the Presidency against the lawful subpoenas of the House of Representatives, thereby a*suming to himself functions and judgments necessary to the exercise of the sole power of impeachment vested by the Constitution in the House of Representatives.
He cant defy the inquiry like hes telling his followers and hes just buying time in order to evade the inevitable

The constitution gives the house the power to impeach and perform an inquiry. Nowhere in there does it give the president the power to.hide in the whitehouse behind Jay Sekulow.

Shambles.
+3   

5 days ago '10        #15
IITHUNDABR3ADII  1 heat pts1
space
space
$1,457   Props total: 1740 1740
I think the impeachment thing is stupid but if it leads to president Pence for a bit I'm not too bothered by it...

5 days ago '17        #16
Ymmot  24 heat pts24
space
space
space
 AdRock said
Interesting the break in the Conservative demo by Age. Bodes poorly for Trump, the youngest voters in the party, also the largest swath, are the most eager to do the right thing... honestly, I would’ve thought it to be the opposite bc these young buck’s FRONT so hard for Trump, but we see where y’all really stand behind closed doors. They know they the ones who really getting screwed by this in the end. Not the Rich Cats in their party, time for them to wake up and realize they’re simply pawns. That movement ain’t for them...

His policies are going to be horrible for future generations. And younger people are able to think more rationally about politics because it's all new to them. By the time people are in their mid 30's/early 40's MOST of them are set in their ways and they don't want to hear anything new or try to think differently.
+1   

5 days ago '17        #17
Ymmot  24 heat pts24
space
space
space
 Eyesofchaos said
And then JFK Jr will show up and lead you to the promised land...
+2   

5 days ago '18        #18
space
space
 Ymmot said
And then JFK Jr will show up and lead you to the promised land...
Yeah and I fap vigorously to that thought every night before bed but only AFTER I post on my favorite section on Boxden!

5 days ago '17        #19
Ymmot  24 heat pts24
space
space
space
 tdnupe3 said

Yeah, that's why I've said since day 1 that trump probably won't get impeached. But there is a better chance now than there ever was. The more people throw the idea around the more people get on board because we all have that sheep mentality.
+1   

5 days ago '06        #20
space
space
 tdnupe3 said

Honestly, as sad as it is to admit this, it's all going to depend on the poll numbers.

They're looking for big jumps in independents and republicans.

A 16%/ aggregate with the GOP isn't enough, but if the number gets closer to 40% on the GOP and around 55% to 60% for independents it's a sure thing.

On the other end of the spectrum, if they think that they're all but finished in 2020, they'll probably do it as a Hail Mary.
+1   

5 days ago '04        #21
ohhohh  3 heat pts3
space
space
$2,143   Props total: 3863 3863
 OldBusiness said
Thing is his teams actions are playing directly into.Pelosis plan lol.

For instance his refusal to adhere to her subpoenas is literally in line with one of the Articles of impeachment brought against Nixon. The third article against Nixon said:

He cant defy the inquiry like hes telling his followers and hes just buying time in order to evade the inevitable

The constitution gives the house the power to impeach and perform an inquiry. Nowhere in there does it give the president the power to.hide in the whitehouse behind Jay Sekulow.

Shambles.
Nixon was all into that "stonewalling" bullsh*t, like Trump is trying to take a page right out of his book. So obstruction of Congess should be thrown in there as well.

5 days ago '15        #22
AdRock  4 heat pts4
space
space
$3,142   Props total: 10211 10211
 Ymmot said
His policies are going to be horrible for future generations. And younger people are able to think more rationally about politics because it's all new to them. By the time people are in their mid 30's/early 40's MOST of them are set in their ways and they don't want to hear anything new or try to think differently.
Facts homie nothing but Facts. A lot of these younger cats just riding the wave too, having fun with all the trolling... trying to belong to something... it’s such a phony movement, with no real ideologies

5 days ago '17        #23
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
$13,781   Props total: 37691 37691
Librolz. Librolz. Itz librolz!

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+170online now  21
Video inside Tom from MySpace resurfaced
131 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+33online now  19
Image(s) inside Oct 6 - Elon Musk ETHERS The Auto Industry
142 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-19online now  17
Image(s) inside THE CRAZIEST PICS You'll EVER SEE! HIP HOP & BLK CULTURE Turn THE ENTI..
155 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+18online now  14
Image(s) inside Yearbook Picture
86 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy