Joker News: Convicted ped0phile... [SPOILER]SPOILER[/SPOILER] Thoughts?

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 week ago '05        #1
359 page views
5 comments

HARBINGER  462 heat pts462
space
space
$55,210   Props total: 15321 15321
Joker News: Convicted ped0phile... [SPOILER]SPOILER[/SPOILER] Thoughts?

The contentious inclusion of a song by convicted pedophile Gary Glitter in "Joker" has sparked a wave of criticism from moviegoers, with many concerned the disgraced former glam rock singer will be entitled to lucrative music royalties.

The R-rated comic book movie smashed box office records over the weekend, with Warner Bros. hauling in $93.5 million in the U.S. alone. That marked the highest debut for a film released in October in cinematic history.

"Joker" also garnered $140.5 million internationally, bringing the film's total ticket sales to $234 million, Warner Bros. said Sunday.

But, despite the film's opening weekend success, the makers of the movie have stoked controversy for featuring Glitter's 1972 hit "Rock and Roll Part 2" in a lengthy scene.

The song plays for approximately two minutes as Joaquin Phoenix, who has received rave reviews for his portrayal of the eponymous villain, dances down a long flight of steps outside his Gotham City apartment.

Glitter, whose real name is Paul Gadd, is reportedly expected to receive a lump sum for allowing the recording to be used in "Joker." He is also thought to be in line for music royalties depending on the success of movie theater ticket sales, DVD sales and film soundtrack sales.

The 75-year-old was jailed for a total of 16 years in 2015 for attempted r*pe, four counts of indecent a*sault and one count of having s*x with a girl under 13. All six offenses were committed in the 1970s and 1980s. He was first jailed in 1999 when he admitted to possessing images of child abuse.

Warner Bros. was not immediately available to comment when contacted by CNBC Monday morning.

Directed by Todd Phillips, "Joker" received critical acclaim following its debut at the Venice Film Festival in August.

However, while some have praised Todd Phillips' story and direction, and Joaquin Phoenix's portrayal, many have questioned whether the film, which depicts mass murder, could unintentionally be portraying "Joker" as a heroic or inspirational figure.

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2019 .. royalties.html

Last edited by HARBINGER; 10-08-2019 at 05:50 AM..
+1   

best
worst
5 comments

1 week ago '05        #2
HARBINGER  462 heat pts462 OP
space
space
It's an issue all a sudden but haven't they been playing that song for years at sports events?

Discuss. Casual movie super hero soccer mom fans are so upset. Though they was walking into a "disney avengers endgame" type movie but always try to come at DC for not using the MCU format. Incels this.. incels that. Now DC taking the route Disney cant

Last edited by HARBINGER; 10-08-2019 at 06:06 AM..
+3   

7 days ago '04        #3
Nugit  2 heat pts2
space
space
$2,483   Props total: 560 560
I’m convinced no one actually is that concerned about this. Maybe 0.00000000000001% of people care. And I’m fine ignoring them.

Great scene in the movie.

Dude who made the song is a scumbag for sure tho.
+1   

6 days ago '05        #4
space
space
 Nugit said
I知 convinced no one actually is that concerned about this. Maybe 0.00000000000001% of people care. And I知 fine ignoring them.

Great scene in the movie.

Dude who made the song is a scumbag for sure tho.
Ehh. I hear you. I can see how it could bother some people.. but you think this whole media kickback is engineered? Interesting. Being who I am @ @ I can get that

6 days ago '17        #5
Maladar 
space
space
$477   Props total: 1002 1002
They can't stop talking sh*t about this film. Give it a rest already....

6 days ago '05        #6
space
space
 Maladar said
They can't stop talking sh*t about this film. Give it a rest already....
Wht would you like to hear people talk about?

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  20
Video inside VLADTV ex-employee files LAWSUIT AGAINST VLAD FOR RACISM
55 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+33online now  15
torey lanez just sampled & cleared 20 early 2000's songs for his album
142 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside Fortnite Season X Ends putting everyone inside a black hole.
70 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside Former Jet life Affiliate Who was beefing with Curren$y , Succeed The P..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy