Edward Norton Says Marvel Was Interested In a Dark, Two-Film HULK Story

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 week ago '06        #1
1243 page views
19 comments

SM  41374 heat pts41374
space
space
$143,693   Props total: 135478 135478
Edward Norton Says Marvel Was Interested In a Dark, Two-Film HULK Story

“I laid out a two-film thing: The origin and then the idea of Hulk as the conscious dreamer, the guy who can handle the trip,” Norton said. “And they were like, ‘That’s what we want!’ As it turned out, that wasn’t what they wanted.”

“We had positive discussions about going on with the films, and we looked at the amount of time that would’ve taken, and I wasn’t going to do that. I honestly would’ve wanted more money than they’d have wanted to pay me. But that’s not why I would’ve wanted to do another Hulk movie anyway.

“I’m saying that Kevin had an idea of a thing that you could do, and it was remarkable,” he said. “Now it didn’t happen to be on a tonal, thematic level what I wanted to spend my time doing.”
+2   

best
worst
19 comments

1 week ago '04        #2
damjr87  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$2,145   Props total: 18 18
That would've been some dope Norton sh*t.
+3   

1 week ago '11        #3
CALViiiN  797 heat pts797
space
space
$21,285   Props total: 49142 49142

What could’ve been.
+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '04        #4
marcchrome  65 heat pts65
space
space
$15,475   Props total: 8615 8615
I fux with Norton but no one cares....lol!!! Its his fault that they could not do another film with that n*gga.... he has a rep for being difficult to work with. And is super demanding and self entitled.......
+7   

1 week ago '10        #5
quan3106  107 heat pts107
space
space
$14,513   Props total: 31419 31419
Not a huge marvel fan but Norton is notoriously hard to work with and often thinks he is the smartest dude in the room..
+3   

1 week ago '12        #6
Ragobeer  66 heat pts66
space
space
space
$2,571   Props total: 5563 5563
I hope Marvel eventually gets the rights back for The Hulk. Universal holds the rights to solo Hulk movies...which is why we only get Hulk in cameo/supporting/team-up roles
+10   

1 week ago '05        #7
ArKane  18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,161   Props total: 3609 3609
Norton was better than ruffalo it was the best interpreation of the hulk the script was bad but marvel ruined the hulk as every time he appeared
+5   

1 week ago '16        #8
Jody  40 heat pts40
space
space
$4,161   Props total: 8924 8924
 Ragobeer said
I hope Marvel eventually gets the rights back for The Hulk. Universal holds the rights to solo Hulk movies...which is why we only get Hulk in cameo/supporting/team-up roles
This whole time I been wondering why Disney wasn’t making any hulk movies
+3   

1 week ago '08        #9
Ron O'Neal  8 heat pts8
space
space
$2,783   Props total: 2416 2416
I still love the incredible hulk movie and still prefer Norton's hulk over Ruffalos. Ruffalos hulk looked like it had a slight case of down syndrome
+3   

1 week ago '14        #10
Doc Logical  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
$45,137   Props total: 76408 76408
 quan3106 said
Not a huge marvel fan but Norton is notoriously hard to work with and often thinks he is the smartest dude in the room..
Yeah, coke will do that.
+2   

1 week ago '14        #11
NYSTATEOFMIND 
space
space
$1,015   Props total: 4013 4013
 Ron O'Neal said
I still love the incredible hulk movie and still prefer Norton's hulk over Ruffalos. Ruffalos hulk looked like it had a slight case of down syndrome
Agreed. I prefer Ruffalo as Banner- he has the sheepish nerd vibe down but the hulk do look retarded

Norton Hulk looks like a menace - thats how I wanna see Hulk

and miss me with this professor smart- MIT Hulk
+4   

7 days ago '18        #12
Armstrong 102 
space
space
space
$1,087   Props total: 2106 2106
 marcchrome said
I fux with Norton but no one cares....lol!!! Its his fault that they could not do another film with that n*gga.... he has a rep for being difficult to work with. And is super demanding and self entitled.......
Ya that’s him to a T and huge huge huge coke head. fu*kin not stop snorting but he keep him a young 20s coke snorting rib racked bi*ch around

7 days ago '06        #13
Celsius  1 heat pts1
space
space
$1,129   Props total: 2672 2672
Yea I would have much more preferred Edward Norton, but Ruffalo was younger

The Hulk that Edward Norton was in came out in like 2007

It wouldn’t have been easy to connect that story to Iron Man

And, that n*gga was like 6 years older than everyone else, so he would have looked like he was 50 in Avengers

Top 10 most propped recently  7 days ago '04        #14
space
space
 ArKane said
Norton was better than ruffalo it was the best interpreation of the hulk the script was bad but marvel ruined the hulk as every time he appeared

Nope....the role was meant for Ruffalo hands down....

Top 10 most propped recently  7 days ago '04        #15
space
space
 Celsius said
Yea I would have much more preferred Edward Norton, but Ruffalo was younger

The Hulk that Edward Norton was in came out in like 2007

It wouldn’t have been easy to connect that story to Iron Man

And, that n*gga was like 6 years older than everyone else, so he would have looked like he was 50 in Avengers

It would have connected.... at the end of that hulk movie with Norton Starks shows up in post credit scene with that military old man. And talks about starting a team aka the avengers... go back and watch....but like I said Ruffallo was meant to play him.. fu*k Norton and his ego...
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  7 days ago '04        #16
space
space
 CALViiiN said

What could’ve been.

See what I mean.....he really thinks he is that ill... that is why marvel is mad successful now and this cat ain't really done sh*t in the last 10 to 15 years..... marvel got the last laugh all the way to the bank....

7 days ago '04        #17
Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
$16,362   Props total: 42547 42547

7 days ago '08        #18
ExNihilo  54 heat pts54
space
space
$23,161   Props total: 34764 34764
 marcchrome said
Yeah, Norton is a good actor, but I don't think his "vision" fit what Marvel was trying to do once it got the ball rolling.

A lot of people bash Marvels depth, but I don't need every comic book movie to be dark or brooding (even through TDK, Watchmen & Logan are some of my favorites).

I'm not saying that a dark Hulk story wouldn't work, I just don't think it would have fit Phase 1 MCU. They're saying that the next Dr.Strange will be dark and New Mutants still hasn't come out (hopefully it goes straight to Netflix).

At the end of the day these companies want to make as much as they can off IP's (toys, video games, fast food tie-ins), which is the real reason most of them want to keep it at PG13. Audience/mass appeal will win out every time.
+1   

7 days ago '04        #19
x Tha Arkitek x  103 heat pts103
space
space
$21,018   Props total: 12687 12687
 ArKane said
Agreed. Nothing against him as a person, but I personally still don't care for Mark Ruffalo's Hulk to this day...it's always bothered me. Norton's Incredible Hulk is still a great film to watch.
+5   

7 days ago '06        #20
marcusaka50  62 heat pts62
space
space
space
$33,709   Props total: 16471 16471
Norton wasnt bad as the hulk

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside VLADTV ex-employee files LAWSUIT AGAINST VLAD FOR RACISM
53 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside Fortnite Season X Ends putting everyone inside a black hole.
70 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside Former Jet life Affiliate Who was beefing with Curren$y , Succeed The P..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  7
Godfrey shuts down Vlad tv
56 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy