Mar 24 - Simple but Important Sociopolitical Coronavirus Info to Share

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news /page 2

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '19        #26
Stand Down  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
space
Props total: 11919 11 K  Slaps total: 18480 18 K
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
Now you talking about SARS. First you were talking about Influenza.

How many people died of SARS in the US?
14% 15% of people who caught SARS died. That’s high

Even though HIV is a virus the all the ways it’s transmitted ain’t the same as influenza SARS Ebola Wuhan common cold etc etc.

The reason SARS was able 2 be contained is because of its contagious and death rate.

Viruses wanna live. SARS was k*lling a high number with the quickness.

U see how U changed death rate 2 total death cuz u know what time it is.....

If Wuhan virus was as deadly percentage wise as SARS that can be dealt with. But its death rate is closer 2 what influenza is. Get it?

Last edited by Stand Down; 03-24-2020 at 10:44 AM..

2 weeks ago '04        #27
Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
space
space
Props total: 56217 56 K  Slaps total: 13928 13 K
 skillahmang said
Why isnt your grandparent staying at home.

There is no reason they should be taking part in todays workforce.

Stay home and have groceries and food delivered to you.

Retired life.
Thanks for the anecdote. My parents are grandparents now. In their early 60s. Not sure about your condition in life or family circle but I know if you have any semblance of an existence there's someone you could infect if you were reckless right now and you'd regret it. I'm trying to find out mentally why you're in a hurry to get back to greed? What do you do that you think the world can't do without?

Or is this about your need for money at the expense of the world around you suffering?

Just asking

2 weeks ago '04        #28
skillahmang 
space
space
Props total: 31428 31 K  Slaps total: 7309 7 K
 Exs said
Thanks for the anecdote. My parents are grandparents now. In their early 60s. Not sure about your condition in life or family circle but I know if you have any semblance of an existence there's someone you could infect if you were reckless right now and you'd regret it. I'm trying to find out mentally why you're in a hurry to get back to greed? What do you do that you think the world can't do without?

Or is this about your need for money at the expense of the world around you suffering?

Just asking
Again I said none of this.

Tell your parents to stop working. Retire them.

This is less about Greed and the actual future of our whole economy.

What is your lust for a recession or even worse a depression. Because of a certain group that shouldnt be working to begin with.

2 weeks ago '04        #29
ItAlY2BkLyN 
space
space
Props total: 21261 21 K  Slaps total: 4860 4 K
 Stand Down said
14% 15% of people who caught SARS died. That’s high

Even though HIV is a virus the all the ways it’s transmitted ain’t the same as influenza SARS Ebola Wuhan common cold etc etc.

The reason SARS was able 2 be contained is because of its contagious and death rate.

Viruses wanna live. SARS was k*lling a high number with the quickness.

U see how U changed death rate 2 total death cuz u know what time it is.....

If Wuhan virus was as deadly percentage wise as SARS that can be dealt with. But its death rate is closer 2 what influenza is. Get it?
You "smart" dumb mother fu*kers are the worst. Too much pride, not enough humility

SARS is another type of coronavirus that came out of China and spread quickly through respiratory droplets. Though the SARS death rate was higher than COVID-19, COVID-19 has already claimed more lives.

According to Johnson, contact tracingTrusted Source — or monitoring people in close contact with those who contracted it — was really effective with SARS, largely because symptoms were severe and therefore easier to identify and contain.

In addition, Schleiss said the SARS virus didn’t have the “fitness to persist in the human population,” which eventually led to its demise.

Schleiss added this doesn’t seem to be the case with COVID-19, which seems to be able to spread and thrive in the human body.

Overall, though SARS’ death rate was higher, COVID-19 has led to “more fatalities, more economic repercussions, more social repercussions than we [had] with SARS,” Johnson said.
)

2 weeks ago '04        #30
space
space
 skillahmang said

What is your lust for a recession or even worse a depression. Because of a certain group that shouldnt be working to begin with.
Thin line between a lust for recession and acknowledgment that there's a lot of people doing nothing of importance when it comes to work. In the last 20 years we've created an infrastructure of useless jobs. Everything from administrative a*sistants to managers of managers. The pandemic isn't Coronavirus its non essential work. Take a look. The world is still spinning. The sun rose and set. The only thing hanging in the balance is keeping a system that continues to break alive with heart transplant after heart transplant just because it's at the top of the list... but its not at the top because its essential. Its at the top because numbers in accounts are disappearing.

We're not suppose to agree on this.... and tbh I'm fine with that.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #31
Stand Down  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
space
Props total: 11919 11 K  Slaps total: 18480 18 K
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
You "smart" dumb mother fu*kers are the worst. Too much pride, not enough humility

SARS is another type of coronavirus that came out of China and spread quickly through respiratory droplets. Though the SARS death rate was higher than COVID-19, COVID-19 has already claimed more lives.

According to Johnson, contact tracingTrusted Source — or monitoring people in close contact with those who contracted it — was really effective with SARS, largely because symptoms were severe and therefore easier to identify and contain.

In addition, Schleiss said the SARS virus didn’t have the “fitness to persist in the human population,” which eventually led to its demise.

Schleiss added this doesn’t seem to be the case with COVID-19, which seems to be able to spread and thrive in the human body.

Overall, though SARS’ death rate was higher, COVID-19 has led to “more fatalities, more economic repercussions, more social repercussions than we [had] with SARS,” Johnson said.
)

How about u pull up the number of people actually infected with SARS?

8,000 worldwide? Lol

fu*kin dumb clown

2 weeks ago '18        #32
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 17500 17 K  Slaps total: 1823 1 K
 skillahmang said
You forgot to mention that those same elite are most at risk of dying because of option B.

Which makes option B crazy.
The wolf = elites
The blade = money

+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #33
TrapInBriks11 
space
space
space
Props total: 1581 1 K  Slaps total: 123 123
Option B is what they will eventually choose, ironic because some of them will be casualties from it. They have more control with option b, and can’t even agree to help the people without throwing bullsh*t bailouts in with the bill, instead of keeping them separate, eventually the American public will loose their patience if they keep it up, and you know what that means.

2 weeks ago '18        #34
space
space
space
 SnowFleury said
Cuomo had a decent proposal about working the medical and economic plans work together and sort of compromise...essentially he was saying we need to study transmissions and those who are immune and/or already had it, and those who are young and can withstand it and remain socially distant from the vulnerable to work. It didn't sound like a half baked plan

We need to slow roll our workforce, we don't need to do a full blown jump into either of these options. Above all though...people need to start using their fu*king heads when it comes to social distancing and being careful about how they spread this and how fast. Enough already with the fu*kery
Cuomo could win the Dem nomination if he wanted to. The bar is so low that anybody who proves to have a working brain and a ounce of leadership is a king in today's political environment.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #35
TheKastOne 
space
space
Props total: 1044 1 K  Slaps total: 119 119
I see the point in both and I saw a segment on Fox where this Governor is saying that letting people go back to work is the only way to know that our economy wont completely crumble. He said he'd be willing to take the risk albeit with precautions.

I have kids, siblings and parents too. i prefer them be safe and have the government bail us out of this one. I don't think people should be front facing to this virus...all the rich are shielded off in their extravagant homes.

I work from home but my lady is a Caregiver. She's still at work.

I don't know if the economy breaking down would knock us into some 3rd world sh*t or if the rich are just trying to save their own a*ses.

2 weeks ago '18        #36
space
space
space
 skillahmang said

"tell your parents to stop working" doesn't work for 85% of this country.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #37
skillahmang 
space
space
Props total: 31428 31 K  Slaps total: 7309 7 K
 shooter said
"tell your parents to stop working" doesn't work for 85% of this country.
Let us go out there in the war zone and work double for our parents, lord knows a lot of us owe them as much. My parents in their 50s so their gonn have to go out there in the field as well.

2 weeks ago '18        #38
space
space
space
READ THIS THREAD BELOW FROM THE DIRECTOR OF JOHNS HOPKINS MEDICAL CENTER:

Last edited by shooter; 03-24-2020 at 12:10 PM..

2 weeks ago '04        #39
space
space
 skillahmang said
Let us go out there in the war zone and work double for our parents, lord knows a lot of us owe them as much. My parents in their 50s so their gonn have to go out there in the field as well.
Work doing what though?

Do your parents need money if they're stricken with a paralyzing illness or do they need adequate care, supplies and compassion?

90% of the work out there is 100% useless.

This a hole that corporate greed has dug for itself and its sentient. Greed doesn't care about health but Covid-19 doesn't give a fu*k about greed.

If push comes to shove it'll be put in its place again and again and this will just become the new normal.

Americans will be at home indefinitely receiving checks and if the government doesnt cut them they'll risk a larger scale conflict.

These are inevitabilities that exist because the system is broken and had been for a long time.

If something is broken you fix it.

2 weeks ago '19        #40
squadwhats 
space
space
Props total: 1177 1 K  Slaps total: 52 52
 Exs said
Work doing what though?

Do your parents need money if they're stricken with a paralyzing illness or do they need adequate care, supplies and compassion?

90% of the work out there is 100% useless.

This a hole that corporate greed has dug for itself and its sentient. Greed doesn't care about health but Covid-19 doesn't give a fu*k about greed.

If push comes to shove it'll be put in its place again and again and this will just become the new normal.

Americans will be at home indefinitely receiving checks and if the government doesnt cut them they'll risk a larger scale conflict.

These are inevitabilities that exist because the system is broken and had been for a long time.

If something is broken you fix it.
Breh lots of peeps don’t get what you’re saying. But I feel you.

The US is an “odd” state, and it’s hard to convince people a lot of these jobs are useless/we don’t really need.

Philosophers and social thinkers were hypothesizing we would have too much leisure almost 75 years ago, instead, due to neo-liberalism amongst other things, we went the other direction.

Ideas about social democracy, and the like, are gonna be our best shot with what’s to come

Keep it movin.

2 weeks ago '19        #41
OldBrooklyn7187 
space
space
space
Props total: 783 783  Slaps total: 135 135
 ahmadou12 said
And now they're going back to normal because they've contained everything.

They smoked them sick n*ggas and kept it moving...
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #42
space
space
space
 ahmadou12 said
And now they're going back to normal because they've contained everything.
China welded people into their project buildings with non-food and sick ppl inside
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds
ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+35online now  16
So basically this guy is getting robbed by the hall of fame because of lying
120 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+145online now  14
Video inside This video produces the most consistent laugh of my life.
89 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+75online now  12
Video inside 50 Cent reacts to SlowBucks beating up Ashanti’s sister
133 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+18online now  6
Apr 3 - Trump - Admits disbanding Pandemic Unit because USA didn’t need them