Got My Bank To Settle $30K Worth Of Debt For $6K!

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x2   |  0 bx goons and 2 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

4 weeks ago '20        #1
2168 page views
7 comments

purplerain195  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 2282 2 K  Slaps total: 96 96
Got My Bank To Settle $30K Worth Of Debt For $6K!

Fortunately, the difference between settled and paid in full is usually only 5 or so points in increase. Long story short though I had a 10k credit card, 20k personal loan (wanted to buy foreclosures in bmore and flip them). Freaking ex wife cost me the $10k on the credit card (had to pay my divorce lawyer the whole $10k). Then I found a nice foreclosure in bmore for $15k tried to quick flip it to a home buying company they said they wouldn’t pay the $80k it was worth just the max that comparable houses in the neighborhood sold for which was you guessed it $15k. In hindsight I should’ve bought it and rented it out but I was young and dumb. Anyway, had just had my middle child and wanted a reliable vehicle so I traded in my car for a jeep and paid $11k of negative equity I had on my auto loan. Then bought the then baby momma now wife a decent used car for $3.5k (and she totaled it within a month). And I used the remaining $5500 to live off since I had just got out the military and hadn’t started going back to school with my GI Bill yet.. Crazy thing is I definitely spent all 30K and only had to pay back $6K and I still can’t believe it. Only L I really took was the negative effect on my credit report but once it shows as settled I’ll be back in the 700s and debt free minus my car note. Anyone got any good investment advice I’m trying to get into stocks, (no bitcoin plz I missed that train imo), open to forex, or even real estate with the right guidance this time I’m just tryna be smart with my finances this go around.
+7   

best
worst
7 comments

4 weeks ago '05        #2
slanger55 
space
space
Props total: 2992 2 K  Slaps total: 548 548
You bought a crib for 15k?

4 weeks ago '20        #3
purplerain195  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
space
space
 slanger55 said
Almost bmore foreclosures are in the $5k to $15k range. I decided not to buy it bc the house buying company were only offering me $15k for it. So I wouldn’t have made a profit at all. If they would’ve offered me $20k I would’ve done it in a heartbeat!

Last edited by purplerain195; 03-10-2020 at 04:06 AM..
+2   

4 weeks ago '20        #4
space
space
 slanger55 said
Bmore has super run down cribs you can buy for cheap some of the homes I looked at didnít have stairs, interior walls, were full of mold, dust, bugs, think extreme fixer uppers. Thatís why theyíre so cheap. Iíll plug an example in a second!

4 weeks ago '04        #5
jsmooth-117 
space
space
space
Props total: 28199 28 K  Slaps total: 3146 3 K
Doesn’t the IRS consider settled debt (the amount you didn’t pay) as income?

4 weeks ago '20        #6
space
space
 jsmooth-117 said
Doesnít the IRS consider settled debt (the amount you didnít pay) as income?
Negative as long as itís written up as settled for less Iím good to go, which they agreed to do! Itís basically them saying weíd rather take some money than no money if that makes sense. And it was gonna fall off my report in a year anyway (been 6 years fall off at 7). That being said they were about to get nothing at all I just wanted to pay it off so I can get that score boost once my Iím total debt drops by $30k and the only two negative accounts on my credit report fall off ya feel me.

4 weeks ago '20        #7
LuxG 
space
space
space
Props total: 1263 1 K  Slaps total: 151 151
Real Estate. I have reasons but I’ll just link the dude who I’m watching on YouTube & started putting a plan down.

+2   

4 weeks ago '20        #8
space
space
 LuxG said
Real Estate. I have reasons but Iíll just link the dude who Iím watching on YouTube & started putting a plan down.

Good looks homie!
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+35online now  24
So basically this guy is getting robbed by the hall of fame because of lying
120 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+75online now  18
Video inside 50 Cent reacts to SlowBucks beating up Ashantiís sister
133 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+145online now  17
Video inside This video produces the most consistent laugh of my life.
89 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+18online now  13
Apr 3 - Trump - Admits disbanding Pandemic Unit because USA didnít need them
104 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy