Rockstar's weak apology for the trash trilogy release

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+16  135
30 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
52 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 week ago '20        #1
2605 page views
63 comments

Dubczdon 
Props total: 67 67  Slaps total: 1 1
Rockstar's weak apology for the trash trilogy release

image"

Hi everyone,

We want to provide an update regarding the unexpected technical issues that came to light as part of the launch of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition.

Firstly, we want to sincerely apologize to everyone who has encountered issues playing these games.

The Grand Theft Auto series — and the games that make up this iconic trilogy — are as special to us as we know they are to fans around the world. The updated versions of these classic games did not launch in a state that meets our own standards of quality, or the standards our fans have come to expect.

We have ongoing plans to address the technical issues and to improve each game going forward. With each planned update, the games will reach the level of quality that they deserve to be.

A new Title Update is on the way in the coming days for all versions of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition that will address a number of issues. We will update everyone as soon as it is live."

No love for those that purchased on consoles and PC purchasers only get a temporary way to play the OGs:

"While one of the goals of the Definitive Editions was to allow players to enjoy these games on modern platforms for many years to come, we also understand that some of you would still like to have the previous classic versions available for purchase.

We will be adding the classic PC versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas back to the Rockstar Store shortly as a bundle. Additionally, everyone who has purchased Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PC from the Rockstar Store through June 30, 2022, will receive these classic versions in their Rockstar Games Launcher library at no additional cost. We will update everyone as soon as these are back in the Rockstar Store."

Weak...

visit this link Full "apology" here

Last edited by Dubczdon; 11-19-2021 at 12:24 PM..
+6   

best
worst
63 comments

1 week ago '20        #2
Dap Or Slap Me  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 49083 49 K  Slaps total: 7364 7 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Not sure why players thought the game was going to be completely re-worked from the ground up on new engines.
y'all knew what a re-mastered/re-release was as it's plenty of titles to prove that rarely (if at all) does a game get a complete remake from the ground up.
Y'all disappointment about this seem to be illogical and expected a remake of classics on new frost engines or something.

lol, wild to me.
+15   

1 week ago '20        #3
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25902 25 K  Slaps total: 6579 6 K
nobody gives a fu*k about these, tell us about GTA VI
+35   

1 week ago '12        #4
Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23870 23 K  Slaps total: 2136 2 K
 Dap Or Slap Me said
Not sure why players thought the game was going to be completely re-worked from the ground up on new engines.
y'all knew what a re-mastered/re-release was as it's plenty of titles to prove that rarely (if at all) does a game get a complete remake from the ground up.
Y'all disappointment about this seem to be illogical and expected a remake of classics on new frost engines or something.

lol, wild to me.
It's not about it being a rework or not. They basically just ported the mobile version of the games with the same bugs and all(and used the same company to do it) and called it a remaster and slapped the price tag on it.

If you can't see that this was just a lazy, no effort cash grab attempt by a company who USED to be GOAT status and now are rapidly becoming a joke then I don't know what to tell you.
+40   

1 week ago '12        #5
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 187489 187 K  Slaps total: 10998 10 K
 Faythung said
It's not about it being a rework or not. They basically just ported the mobile version of the games with the same bugs and all(and used the same company to do it) and called it a remaster and slapped the price tag on it.

If you can't see that this was just a lazy, no effort cash grab attempt by a company who USED to be GOAT status and now are rapidly becoming a joke then I don't know what to tell you.
Hell the 'apology' makes it sound like they didn't even play it or test it themselves after letting their port partner do this bullsh*t
+17   

1 week ago '21        #6
JayMurdoch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17361 17 K  Slaps total: 3121 3 K
if they couldn't release these old a*s games without bugs gta 6 is probably going to come out on cyberpunk status
+13   

1 week ago '20        #7
Dubczdon  OP
 Dap Or Slap Me said

lol, wild to me.
I hear you; however, as a RE fan, I've never experienced anything even remotely as fu*ked up as this is. ... not with any of GC remasters (not the remakes) they've released.
+3   

1 week ago '20        #8
 Dubczdon said
I hear you; however, as a RE fan, I've never experienced anything even remotely as fu*ked up as this is. ... not with any of GC remasters (not the remakes) they've released.
I feel you.
just to me it seems like high hopes to expect these companies not to milk the cash cow.
I'm a big GTA fan, but I ain't gonna give them a free 39.99 or better for a game I know won't be sh*t but a re-release on a different console. these companies don't really give a fu*k about us the players, just our wallets. and if they can cut corner, not all will but majority of gaming companies will cut them.

since you bought it up, and I'm curious;
How's the Resident Evil remakes? them joints official tissue? or like these wack a*s rockstar hustles?

1 week ago '20        #9
Dubczdon  OP
 Dap Or Slap Me said
I feel you.
just to me it seems like high hopes to expect these companies not to milk the cash cow.
I'm a big GTA fan, but I ain't gonna give them a free 39.99 or better for a game I know won't be sh*t but a re-release on a different console. these companies don't really give a fu*k about us the players, just our wallets. and if they can cut corner, not all will but majority of gaming companies will cut them.

since you bought it up, and I'm curious;
How's the Resident Evil remakes? them joints official tissue? or like these wack a*s rockstar hustles?
They didn't get sh*t from me (yet)! Playing San Andreas on Gamepass and will probably cave when it goes on sale.

Resident Evil remakes:

Capcom nailed it visually and there are a ton of QOL improvements. Only downsides - they're shorter than the originals and some content was cut.

Both were day one buys and totally worth it IMO.
+3   

1 week ago '20        #10
 Dubczdon said
They didn't get sh*t from me (yet)! Playing San Andreas on Gamepass and will probably cave when it goes on sale.

Resident Evil remakes:

Capcom nailed it visually and there are a ton of QOL improvements. Only downsides - they're shorter than the originals and some content was cut.

Both were day one buys and totally worth it IMO.
if you being frfr, I really wanna see RE2 set design,
I'll never forget on PS2 how dope the fu*king RE2 backgrounds looked, I don't know the name of the style (cell shading?) but that sh*t was one of the dopest background/scenery titles I've played.
+1   

1 week ago '12        #11
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 187489 187 K  Slaps total: 10998 10 K
 Dap Or Slap Me said
if you being frfr, I really wanna see RE2 set design,
I'll never forget on PS2 how dope the fu*king RE2 backgrounds looked, I don't know the name of the style (cell shading?) but that sh*t was one of the dopest background/scenery titles I've played.
Just pre-rendered backgrounds. And yeah it was dope
+1   

1 week ago '16        #12
Quinn 
Props total: 9222 9 K  Slaps total: 1967 1 K
 D1dnt read said
nobody gives a fu*k about these, tell us about GTA VI
this please
+2   

1 week ago '20        #13
 OldBusiness said
Just pre-rendered backgrounds. And yeah it was dope
man that style in RE2 made the entire feel of the game that much doper.

1 week ago '05        #14
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 106306 106 K  Slaps total: 13345 13 K

All the cornballs in this thread a month ago caping for Rockstar talking about it was remaster from the ground up

Unreal engine they said

+11   

1 week ago '15        #15
Mtyjoejnblkblnd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 50611 50 K  Slaps total: 5971 5 K
 Dap Or Slap Me said

lol, wild to me.
What about the numerous glitches and bugs??
+1   

1 week ago '16        #16
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 72035 72 K  Slaps total: 8548 8 K
 JayMurdoch said
if they couldn't release these old a*s games without bugs gta 6 is probably going to come out on cyberpunk status
Dog I honestly believe there's no GTA 6
+6   

1 week ago '20        #17
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said
What about the numerous glitches and bugs??
Not sure what that question has to do with what I said,
as what you asked would easily and automatically be folded into my post you quoted.
slow down fam,
read and comprehend what you've read before responding,
it will save us both some time and energy

1 week ago '05        #18
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 33575 33 K  Slaps total: 4276 4 K
 Dap Or Slap Me said

lol, wild to me.
this.... but its the same forced reactions to everything in the world nowadays... starting to get predictable

1 week ago '17        #19
HH080 
Props total: 4590 4 K  Slaps total: 320 320
 Dap Or Slap Me said

lol, wild to me.
It is kind of a remake because they had to rewrite alot of code to work with the unreal engine

1 week ago '20        #20
 HH080 said
It is kind of a remake because they had to rewrite alot of code to work with the unreal engine
lol ok

1 week ago '17        #21
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 86334 86 K  Slaps total: 30961 30 K
Rockstar real for this. Let me buy 5 more copies

1 week ago '04        #22
gh3tto 
Props total: 50642 50 K  Slaps total: 13170 13 K
 Dap Or Slap Me said

actually the problem is they reworked the entire game from the ground up on new engines

the original gta's were developed in renderware and these remasters are in unreal engine 4

the issue is these are mobile games made by a terrible mobile dev not rockstar

1 week ago '12        #23
kiddalex  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17453 17 K  Slaps total: 1497 1 K
 Dap Or Slap Me said

lol, wild to me.
Thought gamers was savvy enough at this point to know remaster means you increase the resolution, make it playable on modern systems, and maybe add whatever easy post processing effects you can and then just toss it out.

A REMAKE is when its from the ground up.

I guess I was wrong, gamers still dumb as fu*k

An actual REMAKE like say .... Final Fantasy 7 remake takes FOREVER since you're building a new game from the ground up and need a whole studio working on it. A remaster you outsorce to some little a*s team to do grunt work and push it out quick.

Did they think a FULLY redone from the ground up version of THREE HUGE GAMES was coming out like a week after the announced it ?!?!!

+5   

1 week ago '20        #24
 kiddalex said
Thought gamers was savvy enough at this point to know remaster means you increase the resolution, make it playable on modern systems, and maybe add whatever easy post processing effects you can and then just toss it out.

A REMAKE is when its from the ground up.

I guess I was wrong, gamers still dumb as fu*k

An actual REMAKE like say .... Final Fantasy 7 remake takes FOREVER since you're building a new game from the ground up and need a whole studio working on it. A remaster you outsorce to some little a*s team to do grunt work and push it out quick.

Did they think a FULLY redone from the ground up version of THREE HUGE GAMES was coming out like a week after the announced it ?!?!!

I always look at remakes as cash grabs.
+4   

1 week ago '04        #25
CrAkKedOuT 
Props total: 23670 23 K  Slaps total: 3842 3 K
The updated versions of these classic games did not launch in a state that meets our own standards of quality
Sooo why'd it launch then...
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+109online now  19
Image(s) inside rottweiler/german shepard mix gotta be the coolest dog
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+60online now  19
Video inside Detroit Security Guard Goes Viral For His Horrible Self Defense Trainin..
153 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside Coinbase scamming if you get too grown on them...
127 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+77online now  6
Frank Mir almost dies in the ring
89 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy