Would it make sense to delay consoles to next year?

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
37 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 week ago '17        #1
321 page views
22 comments

SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45739 45 K  Slaps total: 11491 11 K
Would it make sense to delay consoles to next year?

I think itís highly unlikely this happens, but if this virus does keep people out of work for the greater part of this year, does it make more sense to delay until Q1 or Q2 next year? I canít see many people being able to buy either of these if theyíre unemployed and it would obviously affect sales. Xbox seems ready to go, I donít see them delaying it, it might make sense for Sony if they got issues with overclocking/cooling and the BC issue of course.

best
worst
22 comments

1 week ago '16        #2
stop resisting 
space
space
Props total: 11792 11 K  Slaps total: 11685 11 K
Shut the fu*k up with that delay talk

PS5 holiday 2020

1 week ago '18        #3
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 27056 27 K  Slaps total: 9591 9 K
This n*gga having doubts about that ps5
+1   

6 days ago '15        #4
Veggie Burgers 
space
space
Props total: 10039 10 K  Slaps total: 678 678
You know damn well people have no problem racking up their credit cards to pay for this sh*t . As long as the companies can continue to work on the hardware, I'd expect them to keep to their timelines.
+2   

6 days ago '17        #5
Lazy 
space
space
space
Props total: 13273 13 K  Slaps total: 1585 1 K
Yes for the reasons you suggested in addition to:

COVID-19 isn't going away for years because there will be waves of infection

How will Sony export systems when airlines are running on skeleton crews?

Who is dumb enough to buy a system from a physical store during a pandemic?

Game companies don't have offices to create from due to social isolation

We're in a global recession

I guess companies could still release this year but sales will suffer greatly
+1   

6 days ago '05        #6
GodzMustBeCrazy 
space
space
Props total: 1810 1 K  Slaps total: 384 384
I would have thought it was a possibility, but I think they pretty much have it contained in China where the components are made... So hopefully there will be no delays, now game dev might be slowed up...
+1   

6 days ago '04        #7
cold_young_thug  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 7770 7 K  Slaps total: 1784 1 K
I can see the entire industry having to wait a month or two to do anything. I dont know if they have developers working at home. They certainly could. But its possible all game dev studios have closed as well.

6 days ago '17        #8
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 25071 25 K  Slaps total: 4284 4 K
Sounds like broke boy need more time to save up for that PS5

+3   

6 days ago '18        #9
Dehone 
space
space
Props total: 20479 20 K  Slaps total: 877 877
 Lazy said

Same people are dumb enough to spend an entire night at the club or a whole week on your beach during spring break. Walking in and out of gamestop, system in hand in under 10 minutes ain't sh*t im comparison
+2   

6 days ago '18        #10
Dehone 
space
space
If we're still on lockdown/social distancing, WTC. By launch day, I see people saying "fu*k it. I've been cooped up in this house all year. Im buying this fu*king system so I can have something to keep me occupied for the rest of the pandemic"

6 days ago '17        #11
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
 Dehone said
If we're still on lockdown/social distancing, WTC. By launch day, I see people saying "fu*k it. I've been cooped up in this house all year. Im buying this fu*king system so I can have something to keep me occupied for the rest of the pandemic"
I can see that too, sh*t I'm still looking to get a 5 day one, but I'm not leaving the crib, if I cant get it off amazon or something, ima just take the L, provided this sh*t hasn't blown over

6 days ago '18        #12
Dehone 
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
I can see that too, sh*t I'm still looking to get a 5 day one, but I'm not leaving the crib, if I cant get it off amazon or something, ima just take the L, provided this sh*t hasn't blown over
Same here. And honestly, I dont game like a used to. I go through phases where I won't even touch my ps4 unless I'm streaming.

I've still got a bunch of sh*t to play from this gen so I have no problem waiting well into 2021 to scoop up the ps5
+3   

6 days ago '05        #13
MP 
space
space
Props total: 11836 11 K  Slaps total: 1919 1 K
 Lite said
Sounds like broke boy need more time to save up for that PS5

He got that 7 year old base PS4 he should have enough to buy 5 PS5s
+2   

6 days ago '10        #14
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 10475 10 K  Slaps total: 2385 2 K
Nope I got enough money to pay my bills for at least a year buy both PS 5 and Xbox series X whatever games I want and as much weed as I want fu*k a delay
+3   

6 days ago '11        #15
whouthinkitis 
space
space
Props total: 4272 4 K  Slaps total: 378 378
 SPdaGOAT said
I think itís highly unlikely this happens, but if this virus does keep people out of work for the greater part of this year, does it make more sense to delay until Q1 or Q2 next year? I canít see many people being able to buy either of these if theyíre unemployed and it would obviously affect sales. Xbox seems ready to go, I donít see them delaying it, it might make sense for Sony if they got issues with overclocking/cooling and the BC issue of course.
My man we at the point where the global economy can push into a depression. I highly doubt anyone is thinking about buying a $500-600 gaming system during a pandemic. For Sony or Microsoft to try and push out next-gen consoles is going to be a bad look financially for either company.

6 days ago '07        #16
KeepinItTrill 
space
space
Props total: 37076 37 K  Slaps total: 2765 2 K
no

5 days ago '17        #17
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
 whouthinkitis said
My man we at the point where the global economy can push into a depression. I highly doubt anyone is thinking about buying a $500-600 gaming system during a pandemic. For Sony or Microsoft to try and push out next-gen consoles is going to be a bad look financially for either company.
Thatís my line of thinking, like the potential of PS5s and Series X on the shelves after launch not a good look at all. sh*t probably only gonna get worse for people financially too

5 days ago '15        #18
Still Numskull 
space
space
Props total: 14200 14 K  Slaps total: 3835 3 K
 Lazy said
The same people who gamestop's still open for
+1   

5 days ago '11        #19
whouthinkitis 
space
space
Props total: 4272 4 K  Slaps total: 378 378
 SPdaGOAT said
Thatís my line of thinking, like the potential of PS5s and Series X on the shelves after launch not a good look at all. sh*t probably only gonna get worse for people financially too
So the best bet if the proposed ^^^ happens would be for both companies to delay their consoles until Spring of 2021.

5 days ago '13        #20
gow 
space
space
Props total: 1620 1 K  Slaps total: 1166 1 K
No. Ppl want them rite away

5 days ago '17        #21
Cant Read Sh1t 
space
space
Props total: 18801 18 K  Slaps total: 1863 1 K
better not

although, if the virus severely impacts the redneck population, I can see MS pushing back the xbox as a large chunk of their fanbase will be busy paying off medical bills they have no insurance for
+1   

5 days ago '09        #22
Tiko377 
space
space
Props total: 14725 14 K  Slaps total: 1534 1 K
Nope.

Switch would dominate the other consoles even more if delayed.

5 days ago '12        #23
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 95562 95 K  Slaps total: 6879 6 K
 Cant Read Sh1t said
better not

although, if the virus severely impacts the redneck population, I can see MS pushing back the xbox as a large chunk of their fanbase will be busy paying off medical bills they have no insurance for
fu*k you n*gga lol

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  27
Image(s) inside Mar 29 - Not wearing masks to protect against coronavirus is a Ďbig mi..
97 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  18
Article inside 'Tiger King' Producers Respond to Carole Baskin Criticism: 'She wasn'..
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Gucci New artist "Ola Runt" Disses Big Bank DTE saying they ran him out..
233 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-26online now  9
Mar 29 - New York City Health Commissioner contonavirus deaths to be an averag..
136 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy