Yo Nas was really hatin on Cam'ron when he said Come Home with Me was wack

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+22  121
62 comments @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

3 days ago '10        #26
quan3106 
space
space
Props total: 34243 34 K  Slaps total: 3933 3 K
Cam set the bar high with the mixtapes and his album delivered...Nas was super cold but everybody gonna have revisionist history..n*gga was a punching bag after this statement too..
+1   

3 days ago '10        #27
quan3106 
space
space
Props total: 34243 34 K  Slaps total: 3933 3 K
 Switchc2390 said
Jay was hating when he said IWW was ehhh .

When you're going at someone you over exaggerate how bad their stuff is. It's just part of it.
IWW wasnít as well recieved by Nas fans at the time. They thought he went commercial compared to Illmatic...itís one of my favorites but I remember not u derstanding why n*ggas ainít fu*k with it...
+1   

3 days ago '13        #28
gow 
space
space
Props total: 1475 1 K  Slaps total: 1050 1 K
yo pete

3 days ago '12        #29
iBoxden 
space
space
Props total: 1999 1 K  Slaps total: 174 174
Yeah he was referring to SDE cam wasnít officially on Roc when Nas was ranting. Also this rant is washed He ended up on def jam popping all that sh*t.
+1   

3 days ago '16        #30
Jesus 
space
space
space
Props total: 720 720  Slaps total: 289 289
The bar was set very high back then. Some albums that were average to good back then seem great compared to the trash thats out now.
+3   

3 days ago '04        #31
Aesop730 
space
space
Props total: 12274 12 K  Slaps total: 1556 1 K
They were beefin what you expect to praise him in a war?
+1   

3 days ago '17        #32
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 85054 85 K  Slaps total: 36838 36 K
 Sin said
Nas was just hating everything rocafella at the time
 TrueWest_1 said
Nas was just hating cuz it was Roc. Come Home With Me was dope af
Or he just didn't like the album? Tf wrong with you n*ggas thinking everyone has the same taste in music
+1   

3 days ago '04        #33
TrueWest_1 
space
space
Props total: 2598 2 K  Slaps total: 484 484
 Rule 336 said
Or he just didn't like the album? Tf wrong with you n*ggas thinking everyone has the same taste in music
this happened at the height of his beef with Jay and Roc. Do your homework you waffle faced troll

3 days ago '17        #34
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 85054 85 K  Slaps total: 36838 36 K
 TrueWest_1 said
this happened at the height of his beef with Jay and Roc. Do your homework you waffle faced troll
Who cares when it was. Just because you liked it means he does?

3 days ago '19        #35
Bklynzfinest 
space
space
space
Props total: 4048 4 K  Slaps total: 481 481
 quan3106 said
IWW wasnít as well recieved by Nas fans at the time. They thought he went commercial compared to Illmatic...itís one of my favorites but I remember not u derstanding why n*ggas ainít fu*k with it...
Just his purists fan. Everyone I knew loved the album...sh*t was bumping everywhere that summer along with the score.
+2   

3 days ago '19        #36
Bklynzfinest 
space
space
space
 Walmart said
I thought Come Home With Me was a dope album, but I think Nas was referring to Cam's tendency to start saying anything at the time.

On Come Home With Me was saw a small sample of glimpses of Cam not even trying sometimes and just saying anything.

It got much worse years later, but I see what Nas was saying about Cam and especially NORE at the time.
This...he's a lyrics guy and if I remember correctly, he said cam is a dope lyricist but that he was dropping wack sh*t. I felt the same...sde and confessions albums were my favorite cam and I never really fu*ked with dipset cam because he'd say a bunch of filler rhymes and make silly stretches for multis.

He said sh*t about nore and sh*t too, so it wasn't about the roc. He dissed cam here and that's why dipset started dissing him.

3 days ago '16        #37
JarlesBronson 
space
space
Props total: 19951 19 K  Slaps total: 2428 2 K
Facts. Love Cam AND out of everyone whi dissed Nas Cam came out the goat the hardest. Bar none imo

I feel like Cam did go a lil more materialistic on ththe album but not enough to hate on. Plud thats hip hop if u do it slick its dope

He was just Roc at the time.. nore was around the Roc real tough too. Same reason why he got some shots

3 days ago '12        #38
The Consultant 
space
space
Props total: 38689 38 K  Slaps total: 2538 2 K
Dumb a*s thread

3 days ago '16        #39
JarlesBronson 
space
space
Props total: 19951 19 K  Slaps total: 2428 2 K
 Bklynzfinest said
This...he's a lyrics guy and if I remember correctly, he said cam is a dope lyricist but that he was dropping wack sh*t. I felt the same...sde and confessions albums were my favorite cam and I never really fu*ked with dipset cam because he'd say a bunch of filler rhymes and make silly stretches for multis.

He said sh*t about nore and sh*t too, so it wasn't about the roc. He dissed cam here and that's why dipset started dissing him.
I somewhat see what nas was saying BUT listen to that CHWM intro and tell me hes not spitting. Might not be knowledge but hes spitting

This is when the whole game started getting more bougie and sh*t so i see nass anger but he gets off like that too sometimes
+2   

3 days ago '19        #40
Bklynzfinest 
space
space
space
 JarlesBronson said
I somewhat see what nas was saying BUT listen to that CHWM intro and tell me hes not spitting. Might not be knowledge but hes spitting

This is when the whole game started getting more bougie and sh*t so i see nass anger but he gets off like that too sometimes
I hear u playa. I love that intro. That's why I was disappointed. Cam's a spitta when he tries. I like the last joint he did purple haze 2...I just felt he wasn't trying as hard...and fu*ked with his cadence and sh*t too. Trust, I don't even factor in subject matter. Some n*ggas spit about knowledge and suck because they have no cadence or delivery on the mic.
+1   

3 days ago '16        #41
uncleDrew 
space
space
Props total: 4712 4 K  Slaps total: 497 497
 BanMan4Wut said
Nas also said Eminem murderED Jay on Renegade leading people to agree and Jays verses were OUT IF THIS WORLD ... one of the most criminal POVs that people ran with. :
One hundred percent facts. Do these fools listen to music, or do they just skim through it?
+1   

3 days ago '19        #42
Learn1st 
space
space
Props total: 1845 1 K  Slaps total: 665 665
Let that man have his personal opinion.

2 days ago '18        #43
ordoabchao 
space
space
space
Props total: 11012 11 K  Slaps total: 2699 2 K
No lies told OP.

2 days ago '10        #44
Black Tuesday 
space
space
Props total: 4701 4 K  Slaps total: 430 430
I love the album, but it was kinda the start of his “I get computers puting” phase, which I could see rubbin Nas the wrong way. Then again, Nas released sh*t like Big Girl and Braveheart Party so it’s a wash

+1   

2 days ago '13        #45
EZ Green 
space
space
Props total: 43204 43 K  Slaps total: 5900 5 K
 S-Class said
And a bi*ch no I’m serious , cause I’m never scared ma , unless you miss ya period
Streets narcs and task ? Cmon I start to laugh / Cause I almost caught the case with rich Parker a*s

Last edited by EZ Green; 02-15-2020 at 12:24 AM..
+1   

2 days ago '15        #46
Youknowthismane  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14 OP
space
space
Props total: 11371 11 K  Slaps total: 2489 2 K
 The Consultant said
Dumb a*s thread
F U consultant

2 days ago '07        #47
Cambury 
space
space
space
Props total: 19740 19 K  Slaps total: 8682 8 K
 Walmart said
I thought Come Home With Me was a dope album, but I think Nas was referring to Cam's tendency to start saying anything at the time.

On Come Home With Me was saw a small sample of glimpses of Cam not even trying sometimes and just saying anything.

It got much worse years later, but I see what Nas was saying about Cam and especially NORE at the time.
Nah in the rant Nas actually said Cam is a dope lyricist. He said he didn't like the topics on the album.

2 days ago '10        #48
ajayones 
space
space
space
Props total: 5214 5 K  Slaps total: 521 521
"boy boy" cam verses still go hard..underrated song on that album

2 days ago '07        #49
MiseryCityTexas 
space
space
space
Props total: 8877 8 K  Slaps total: 2920 2 K
 Black Tuesday said
I love the album, but it was kinda the start of his “I get computers puting” phase, which I could see rubbin Nas the wrong way. Then again, Nas released sh*t like Big Girl and Braveheart Party so it’s a wash

i remember when nas and sony columbia re released stillmatic album with that braveheart party song wiped off the tracklist. that sh*t was funny as hell.

2 days ago '15        #50
Kno 
space
space
Props total: 19778 19 K  Slaps total: 2129 2 K
Who cares

Later in the video cam says horse raps better than Nas

They were just saying wild sh*t cuz they were mad

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  56
Feb 16 - Man who works on 5g towers exposes the Dangers to Come
72 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  49
Video inside Tiffany Haddish Bombs At NBA Roast
173 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+87online now  29
Image(s) inside Someone robbed the coat check at MoneyBagg Yo concert in Chicago
111 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+89online now  28
Image(s) inside Barack Obama did the Key and Peele skit in real life
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy